April 27, 2024, 01:28:36 PM

Author Topic: Many of you will not see it but clearly  (Read 6286 times)

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Many of you will not see it but clearly
« on: October 22, 2005, 01:44:40 PM »
you all are overreacting.  If the Bahrain team had checked into a hotel in T&T 8 days before the game, what would your reactions have been?  Its the same way they could have checked into a resort in Jamaica, Bahamas, Barbados etc in order to get used to the climate.

Based on the article Boxhill called Jack before he made a decision and Jack gave his blessing.  Suh again let me ask ... "whats the big deal?" 

I recall Simoes taking our team into Mexico way before a WCQ game, the same time there was a bust up with Torrez Nesta (if thats how its spelt).  Did the Mexicans complain about selling out themselves? 

Allyuh don't find it strange that all of a sudden Jack mek a U Turn?  Have you forgotten that both Jack and the former JFF president , who happens to want back the position are very close friends?

The people of Bahrain are taking steps to prepare for you, I even see a few of them posting here, I suggest unuh focusing on the task at hand.  You all have 2 more hurdles to clear in order to qualify, concentrate on that and stop getting emotional about Jamaicans.  As a matter of fact, one Trini ite posted on this site that we could play Bahrain in a friendly ... a far reached thought ... and now it is materializing everybody up in arms.

You guys have your path to follow and we have ... well we need to find one.  Explain how playing this game is a sellout?  Afterall, when we played Guatemala nobody saw it as a sellout. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Many of you will not see it but clearly
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:51:24 PM »
As supporter pointed out to me earlier, it is not the match that Trinidad is upset about....neither is Jack upset about the friendly.........it's the 8 day camp that people are averse to, and I can understand why.....

It would have been a nice gesture of CONCACAF solidarity and gamesmanship if Jamaica had turned Bahrain down.........but that was not the case, so let's move on. 

I do agree that we are letting too many distractions ruffle our feathers here on the forum. If we are any sort of representation of our team, then my recent observations are not encouraging. We lettin' Bahrainians, bahrainwillwin & now Jamaica get under our skin. That is not a sign of strength and confidence. That is a sign of insecurity and fear.............

Come on forumites, get yuh composure back and let's start to vibes it up again before the match.

GO WARRIORS !!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 01:53:23 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 01:54:34 PM »
As I said in my initial post, they could have checked into a resort in any island as a bunch of tourists and get used to the climate.  We did it with the Mexicans in 97.  I still don't see the big deal.

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 01:58:22 PM »
What you did not say Lazie is the part about suspending your league!

Dat is de dagger in my heart to tell yuh de trute!

Is not like dey in Jamaica fuh tourist season!

Is gorn dey gorn to learn to beat we....dat is wrong....arrainging ah game is ok...8 day trainig camp with Jamaican help...is poison!

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 02:02:53 PM »
Well you have a point there TT.  I myself would like to know why the league is suspended, but I'm holding back on that until the JFF says something official.

Thats another thing, everybody including some Jamaicans up in arms and the JFF has not confirmed anything as yet.

How is playing JA teaching them to beat T&T?

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 02:04:29 PM »
As I said in my initial post, they could have checked into a resort in any island as a bunch of tourists and get used to the climate.  We did it with the Mexicans in 97.  I still don't see the big deal.
We cant stop them from checking into hotels here in Trini early to start their preperations, but J'ca is going out of their way to assist them in their training to beat a fellow Concacaf team.  There are ramifications of Concacaf doing well in the WC that will affect J'ca long after that 1m U$ has been spent.  There will be other instances outside of football where our countries will have to reach out to eachother, yoiu think Bahrain will be there for J'can then??

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 02:13:43 PM »
Oh.... so you couldn't prevent them from coming to T&T early, don't have a prob with us playing them .... why the uproar again?  TT is the only man to mention the suspension of the league?  Remember the JFF has not said anything all now .... what if Monday morning you all find out all this was over nothing?  What if they're still coming but our leagues will still be running?

Yuh think if Jack had gotten that offer he would turn it down?  Jack simply upset because him want 200,000 k out of it.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 02:27:09 PM »
200,000  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

that is not money to jack my friend

if that is not money to me it certainly aint money to jack

i not disagreeing with your points but that is sooooooooo stupid to say that jack(a millionaire) is upset about that small money

he makes that in interest on savings accounts :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 02:31:40 PM »
Its the game action against another caribbean team that they are also looking for, they must think we play similar styles.
So before where they would have just been here 8 days early training amongst themselves now you have also provided them with your National team with which to train against. Thats what i call bending over backwards to help someone out, above and beyond the call of duty.
I know 1milUS is alot, but something cant be measured in dollars and cents.
As for the game against Guat, that was just one game, not hosting an 8 day camp, and in that case it was all Concacaf involved so at least it was still in the region.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 02:34:17 PM »
ah sure Jack does wipe he a$$ wid 200.000 doe matter if it US TT Pounds just mean less toilet paper das all.

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 02:35:50 PM »
now you have also provided them with your National team with which to train against.

Really?  Oh ... I wasn't aware of that.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 02:42:37 PM »
I was in de stadium when JA play Haiti in Miami. I jump up when Haiti score and when JA score. That might have been a conflict of interest both Teams being Concacaf but with Barhain that issue is non-existent. How then pray tell could you and yours back something out of de Concacaf? Dat seems like bad-mind business. I thought it supposed to be bad-man business?.Well,  Badman would back him brodda until him bullets run out or him dead.

How you stand Mr. Lazie?  Who you backin for de playoff, leh we know where yuh stand before yuh get banned for bad-mind business?

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »
yes lazie the same thing as in 1976 world  netball torunament in trinidad when jamaica boo us against australia
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 02:51:54 PM »
Listen, one the hex was set and my team was out of it, I started supporting T&T.  When we played the numerous friendlies against Guatemala I along with many other Jamaicans were still supporting T&T.  In the last game against Mexico, I and many other yardies were supporting T&T.  Now that you're in the playoffs, we still supporting T&T.

Yes, it is said we're suppose to play Bahrain ... well if that is so, the same way we supported you even though we played the Guats in many friendly games, its the same way we're  still supporting you even though we playing the Asians.

One has nothing to do with the other.  We using this as an opportunity to get things back on track.  What is so hard in that to understand?

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 02:53:43 PM »
yes lazie the same thing as in 1976 world  netball torunament in trinidad when jamaica boo us against australia

You're talking about something I know nothing about.  Come now Triniman, yuh gone back almost 3 decades?

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 02:54:52 PM »
ok ok lazie truetrini and them older heads could tell yuh about that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2005, 02:57:42 PM »
well at least we know where yuh stand... give thanks for de support.

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Lazie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2005, 02:59:33 PM »
I didn't say you're not telling the truth.  Whatever happened in 1976 has nothing to do with this.  As i said in my initial post, I don't see what the big deal is.

TrinInfinite

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 03:12:21 PM »
haul yuh mudda so and so Lazie, next time ja come pos, dey is dead man walkin, mark my words

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 03:18:18 PM »
Listen, one the hex was set and my team was out of it, I started supporting T&T.  When we played the numerous friendlies against Guatemala I along with many other Jamaicans were still supporting T&T.  In the last game against Mexico, I and many other yardies were supporting T&T.  Now that you're in the playoffs, we still supporting T&T.

Yes, it is said we're suppose to play Bahrain ... well if that is so, the same way we supported you even though we played the Guats in many friendly games, its the same way we're  still supporting you even though we playing the Asians.

One has nothing to do with the other.  We using this as an opportunity to get things back on track.  What is so hard in that to understand?

I believe that u are supporting us.

i have no probs with u guys playing bahrain, and i dont even care what time they set up camp in jamaica, but de suspending of de league is real f*cking sh*t.  What alyuh suspending league for? like alyuh have ah playoff game or something?

lol

but small thing, thanks for the support. I know that most jamaicans want us to qualify.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2005, 03:21:52 PM »
I fuh one really don't see what the big deal is. If JA want to take they money let dem take they money and play them, cause all bahrain getting outta this is one bad misconception of Concacaf football. They think that every team in Concacaf and the Caribbean plays the same way, well they dead wrong. All I see in all this is a set a licks fuh bahrain on the 12th and more licks on the 16th.  So JA take they money and knock dem up a little bit then send dem down so they could get the res a licks from we.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »
Lazie as ah man who understand  the game you while appreciate how important it is to get acclimatise. It can affect your game.Acclimatising to the weather in this region as you mentioned JA in Mexico is totally different to the Gulf Region which reach temperatures of over 100 F.We just have a four day turnaround.I agree with you with the panic ting.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 03:28:48 PM »
Lazie...u done know my position.

I have no problem allyuh playin bahrain or anybody else.  Allyuh could play who allyuh want.  Dat is allyuh business.

But you tryin to tell we that somehow Jamaica playin Bahrain is to T&T's advantage and dat is bullshit.

Allyuh allowin dem time to recover from jet lag, acclimatize to similar conditions and play a team with a somewhat similar style.

The team that will be more rested for the November 12th encounter is Bahrain....not Trinbago.  

Daz something we have no control over because the vast majority of our players play overseas in Europe, Asia and Oceania.

But dat advantage lyrics is dotish talk.  We already scouted Bahrain......in Uzbhekistan and again in Bahrain.  Is not like we never see dem or is bin 2 years since we last see dem play or dey usin different players.

So play allyuh game, suspend allyuh league, mek de bahraini's dem as prepared as can be...no problem.  But doh insult meh by tryin to tell meh is to we advantage.

De village chief and dem who did sell dey own people to de slave masters mus be did tell dem someting similar while smilin up in dey face.

"Nutting personal...jes business....we need de money and to besides....allyuh gettin to travel and have a opportunity fuh a new life".

For those who curious about Jamaica suspendin dem League......Allyuh tink dem Bahraini dotish?  Allyuh tink dem go pass all dah money jes fuh a lil practice match and some hotel accomodations?

Yes...dey have money to burn but dey eh tootoolbay wit it.  Dey will have demanded certain conditions including a guarantee that Jamaica play their best available players so that no local club could come and say it have any conflict with scheduling etc.

Anyway....at de end of de day....IN MY OPINION....is a sell out.  We talk about this false Caribbean unity and we is all one people but de reality is not so.  Just as I am sure about that statement, I am sure that there are those like Lazie and many others who are genuine in their support for T&T.

But leh we doh fool weself.  The idea of some sort of Pan West Indian nation or the "all a we is one" theory is a myth.  Yuh jes have to look at the failed Federation and the West Indies cricket team to realise dat.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 03:37:52 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 03:38:21 PM »
Lazie as ah man who understand  the game you while appreciate how important it is to get acclimatise. It can affect your game.Acclimatising to the weather in this region as you mentioned JA in Mexico is totally different to the Gulf Region which reach temperatures of over 100 F.We just have a four day turnaround.I agree with you with the panic ting.

We boys will only have to fair their weather if they play the game at like 12 noon because anytime after 4pm it does get cool over dey so we doh have to worry bout dat weather dey.  De worst heat that we could get over they by the 16th is a trinidad 3 o'clock sun. and look a little proof of the weather here:

http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/BAXX0001.html

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 03:40:09 PM »
good thing we doh need nobody to help we

keep it up jamrock

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/article?id=98665141
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 03:57:29 PM by morvantman »
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2005, 03:45:50 PM »
good thing we doh need nobody to help we

Exactly.  We have to do we ting on we own and not depend on a soul.

By the way....what Triniman said about the Netball tournament in 76 is absolutely correct. (Cyah believe ah jes say dat but it is true)

T&T wit Jean Pierre and dem playin New Zealand in de Final.  New Zealand have to beat T&T to share the title.

In our own arena, the teams from Jamaica, Barbados, St Vincent, Antigua  & Grenada start cheering for New Zealand.  And not just cheering...but vociferously cheering.  It is something I have never forgotten.  These same countries who we help no matter what.

Lazie might say it happen 3 decades ago.....but not much has changed if at all.  There is no Caribbean "unity".  Everybody out fuh deyself, and if one a we dare make a stride, de ress dey doin dey best to drag dem down.  Sad but oh so true.  Of course there are those who don't subscribe to that..and they may even be in the majority.....but if so, the minority significant enough to do enough damage.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 03:47:22 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2005, 04:17:46 PM »
My Friends there is a word called- JEALOUSY.

We have to take care of business. It is now in our own hands.
One more hurdle to go.

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2005, 04:26:55 PM »
 That is not the point...They was allowed to use the facilities and Jamaica put off their league...for what to teach Bahrain about Trinidad and Tobago? Lazie stop talkin sssh*t in big ppl head nah....Go T&T

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2005, 05:44:14 PM »
Fellas ease up on Lazie nah..that man is ah proven supporter of the warriors!

truetrini

Lazie, yuh right..if yuh take way de emotion
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2005, 06:58:05 PM »
ther is nutten wrong with jamaica hosting bahrain.

It is strictly ah business decision and once again is Jack in de corner Warner who making tings wuss dan dey is.

1,000,000 USD is a lot ah money fuh jamaica and regardless ah who dem train against we still ahve to cut dey arse and qualify!

So I am extending ah hand shake and saying as for me, em eh care what dem do or who dem play, or wey dem stay..as long as we do what we have to do.

So later brother and thanks fuh all de support.

1]; } ?>