April 20, 2024, 01:33:07 AM

Poll

Where do we realisitically fear as far as our strength in the Caribbean. Forget FIFA rankings

Trinidad and Tobago
24 (29.3%)
Jamacia
28 (34.1%)
Haiti
10 (12.2%)
Barbados
0 (0%)
Grenada
4 (4.9%)
Cuba
11 (13.4%)
Puerto Rico
0 (0%)
Dominica
0 (0%)
Martinique
5 (6.1%)
US virgin Islands
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: September 21, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

Author Topic: Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?  (Read 16066 times)

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?
« on: August 22, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »
Hard to be unbiased, but curious to see the results

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:30:52 PM »
T&T, when we call back a full team with local and foreign based, none of the other teams can compete

especially with Pfister as head coach

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:57:45 PM »
Interesting freudian slip in the question.
Where do we fear?

The answer is Jamaica.

And as a matter of fact, the answer to the question in the title is the same. Anybody want to argue otherwise just blind.

A team is not just an aggregate of individual players, and until proof of the contrary, we doh even have that.

Also why Martinique in the list and no Guadeloupe?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »
Define full team please Controversial
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:29 PM »
T&T, when we call back a full team with local and foreign based, none of the other teams can compete

That have to be proven,we can't just talk it we have to walk it.

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 02:06:13 PM »
This is a really stupid question/poll. Jamaica are two time defending champs at caribbean level, and currently hold #3 position in CONCACAF behind Mex and the USA (according to FIFA)

Jamaica has played Argentina, Peru, China, venezuela in friendly games so far this year, and is scheduled to tackle Ecuador in that country on Sept 2.

You guys see the list of players in the EPL and scottish leagues lining up to play for Jamaica?

You play india in your next game.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 02:08:54 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
Interesting freudian slip in the question.
Where do we fear?

The answer is Jamaica.

And as a matter of fact, the answer to the question in the title is the same. Anybody want to argue otherwise just blind.

A team is not just an aggregate of individual players, and until proof of the contrary, we doh even have that.

Also why Martinique in the list and no Guadeloupe?

;D Why stop there? No Vincy ... no St. Kitts-Nevis (who play Puerto Rico in WC qualifying on September 2) ... no Antigua ... the question isn't rooted in science but nevertheless we should end up with the usual frontrunners in the FIVE.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:58 PM »
Is this poll designed for us to try & fool weself?

If so allyuh still need ah little reality check!!

http://www.televisionjamaica.com/vd-11699-SPORTSCOMMENTARYAUGUST720.aspx
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 02:16:18 PM »
This is a really stupid question/poll. Jamaica are two time defending champs at caribbean level, and currently hold #3 position in CONCACAF behind Mex and the USA (according to FIFA)

Jamaica has played Argentina, Peru, China, venezuela in friendly games so far this year, and is scheduled to tackle Ecuador in that country on Sept 2.

You guys see the list of players in the EPL and scottish leagues lining up to play for Jamaica?

I see your point but they ask the strongest team.
The strongest team not necessarily the most successful team as of late.

Coops have it right tho, time to walk it.
whey boy!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 02:19:57 PM »
Jamaica at the moment. 

I have hope that when we get our best players together in camp, we can do it, but at this point Jamaica is tops in the Caribbean. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
All ah allyuh talking, but all i doin is waiting patiently. if all goes well ( and that's the pivotal point to this whole discussion, if all goes well) we will see who really for real and who faking. hope we get pass bermuda guyana and barbados, to put us in the group of death, and i welcome it.

frankly i glad we'll be in the group of death with mexico costa rica and hopefully el salvador, bc i want all ah dem who had the nerve to say that jack put us in an easy group hence we make the hex so often, tuh eat they fackin words when we make it to the hex for ah 4th consecutive time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »

Tell meh some thing, who jamaica played in the last hexogonal again? oh my bad, i've seemed to have forgotten, you weren't there were you. what about the hexogonal in 2005 who did they beat again? oh smack, you'll have to excuse me, my memory is kinda failing me these days since i'm getting older, hope it's not a regular pattern.

so much for being the most dominant team in the caribbean ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 03:23:53 PM »

Tell meh some thing, who jamaica played in the last hexogonal again? oh my bad, i've seemed to have forgotten, you weren't there were you. what about the hexogonal in 2005 who did they beat again? oh smack, you'll have to excuse me, my memory is kinda failing me these days since i'm getting older, hope it's not a regular pattern.

Get off this Hex High you on brother...Jamaica was edged out of the Hex by Mexico, who got in over Jamaica on Goal Difference. Both teams that go into the Hex from Jamaicas group made easy passage from there to the world cup finals. At the end of teh day, Jamaica needed five goals against Canada...we were 3-0 on top of them when we ran out of time.

Who did you beat to get to the Hex, and where did you finish in the Hex?

Keep it real bother.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 03:25:45 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 03:54:51 PM »

Get off this Hex High you on brother...Jamaica was edged out of the Hex by Mexico, who got in over Jamaica on Goal Difference. Both teams that go into the Hex from Jamaicas group made easy passage from there to the world cup finals. At the end of teh day, Jamaica needed five goals against Canada...we were 3-0 on top of them when we ran out of time.

Keep it real bother.

St kitts?? :o :o yuh must be smoking crab grass again, boss, st kitts never played us in no semis, yuh high or what ?  Cuba , USA, and guatemala were our opponents.

yet another excuse for jamaica's failur to make the hex, talk about denial! FYI, nearly is ah mile and a half, it's either yuh make it or you don't, and for the past eight yrs jamaica was in de fackin dog house as far as the hexogonal goes, no fackin excuses accepted!

if yuh want tuh bragg then you must have proper bragging rights. allyuh boasting bout winnin the shell cup back to back, plleeaassseee n!gga, we won dat ah grand total of eight times, big fackin deal! :yapping:

When yuh win the gold cup.......... hold on, well let me think about that since that might be ah asking for ah bit too much  :thinking:, i will make it an attainable easier goal, if jamaica make it too the hex this time, then come back and bragg all yuh want, i will even admitt that jamaica is the kings of the caribbean bar none, but until them spare me the particulars! :notlistening:

PS:yuh must stop wid the half truths eh bredder and start practicing some good ole honesty. when did mexico and honduras breezed through the hex? if memory serves me right mexico and honduras had their work cut out for them, with honduras literally making it in the dying seconds of the hex when USA equalized to deny costa rica, that's honduras went through on goal difference.

as for mexico, they also had it to do when when they couldn't get ah road win to save their lives, as ah matter of fact, the only road win they got was in costa rica when they (costa rica) was on tilt.

on the other hand USA not only flew through, but they also won the group.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 04:08:35 PM »
St kitts?? :o :o yuh must be smoking crab grass again, boss, st kitts never played us in no semis, yuh high or what ?  Cuba , USA, and guatemala were our opponents.

yet another excuse for jamaica's failur to make the hex, talk about denial! FYI, nearly is ah mile and a half, it's either yuh make it or you don't, and for the past eight yrs jamaica was in de fackin dog house as far as the hexogonal goes, no fackin excuses accepted!

if yuh want tuh bragg then you must have proper bragging rights. allyuh boasting bout winnin the shell cup back to back, plleeaassseee n!gga, we won dat ah grand total of eight times, big fackin deal! :yapping:

When yuh win the gold cup.......... hold on, well let me think about that since that might be ah asking for ah bit too much  :thinking:, i will make it an attainable easier goal, if jamaica make it too the hex this time, then come back and bragg all yuh want, i will even admitt that jamaica is the kings of the caribbean bar none, but until them spare me the particulars! :notlistening:

PS:yuh must stop wid the half truths eh bredder and start practicing some good ole honesty. when did mexico and honduras breezed through the hex? if memory serves me right mexico and honduras had their work cut out for them, with honduras literally making it in the dying seconds of the hex when USA equalized to deny costa rica, that's honduras went through on goal difference.

as for mexico, they also had it to do when when they couldn't get ah road win to save their lives, as ah matter of fact, the only road win they got was in costa rica when they (costa rica) was on tilt.

St Kitts/Guatemala is there really a difference between the two? From my angle, both are weak ass teams! Stay focussed youthman.

Yes, BOTH teams from Jamaicas group made the world cup finals...easily in the end.

And finally, nothing to brag about winning the caribbean Cup, you are absolutely correct, by that Token, there is nothing to be cok-a-hoop over your teams winning 8 tourneys in the past either. Stay the course. The real glory for us came at the Gold Cup - when we toppled UNCAF champs Honduras, and continued to school Guatemala on the basics of football playing. And that Greanda 4-0 arse whopping was icing on the cake.

Sta focused.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:17:54 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »

Keep it real bother.

Steeuuppss..... I distinctly remember a few years ago during another one of these same arguments (how come you always at the center of them?) "making the Hex is the real deal, oonu could keep oonu caribbean titles"...something to that effect. Now is a different tune. Yuh eh tired lie?

Two islands are better than one.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »

St Kitts/Guatemala is there really a difference between the two? Both are weak ass teams! Stay focussed.

Yes, BOTH teams from Jamaicas group made the world cup finals...EASILY.

What are you thick? yuh know it's extremely hard to hold a sane discussion with you since you never concede to good common sense. :frustrated: so i'll just have to chalk it up to a lost (of good time that is), and from now on put you in the moron, numbskull, slow, backward, out of touch with reality category, bc Yuhs not just an ordinary a$$ you know, but you're a rare breed, a very special kind of a$$ if you may, the type that rode the short yellow school bus, and no matter how hard ah fella try to reach you, it's just no fackin use. you're fackin hopeless.   

this conversation is officially over! i'm fackin exhausted and worn out, i need ah nap now. :yawning:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 04:36:54 PM »
Steeuuppss..... I distinctly remember a few years ago during another one of these same arguments (how come you always at the center of them?) "making the Hex is the real deal, oonu could keep oonu caribbean titles"...something to that effect. Now is a different tune. Yuh eh tired lie?

Making the Hex IS the real deal (you cant get to the word cup if you not in the hex), but you must keep things in perspective. If mexico gets knocked out of the next hex by losing to costa rica and the usa, and grenada makes the same hex by beating antigua and barabados, it doesnt mean that grenada being in the hex is better than mexico who got knocked out. Simple common sense will tell you that.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 04:38:59 PM »

St Kitts/Guatemala is there really a difference between the two? Both are weak ass teams! Stay focussed.

Yes, BOTH teams from Jamaicas group made the world cup finals...EASILY.

What are you thick? yuh know it's extremely hard to hold a sane discussion with you since you never concede to good common sense. :frustrated: so i'll just have to chalk it up to a lost (of good time that is), and from now on put you in the moron, numbskull, slow, backward, out of touch with reality category, bc Yuhs not just an ordinary a$$ you know, but you're a rare breed, a very special kind of a$$ if you may, the type that rode the short yellow school bus, and no matter how hard ah fella try to reach you, it's just no fackin use. you're fackin hopeless.   

this conversation is officially over! i'm fackin exhausted and worn out, i need ah nap now. :yawning:

Who are the three teams from CONCACAF that played in the last world cup Dunce? How many of those teams were in JAmaica's semi final group? I respected you as a cool youth, but sometimes i wonder what kinda crack you smoking.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 04:39:36 PM »
OMG Dane Richards.... We are so scared...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If JA stop defending and start play real football I mite actually rate them.

Stop collecting bullets from USA shithongs lol

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »
OMG Dane Richards.... We are so scared...  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

If JA stop defending and start play real football I mite actually rate them.

Stop collecting bullets from USA shithongs lol

Collecting bullets from the USA (better team than Jamaica) is OK...collecting them from Caribbean opponents, that i would have an issue with. Still, I recall a certain country collecting 3 bullets from Jamaica in their back-yards a couple years ago...I'l have you figure out who collected the three.  ;D

Dane Richards is a very average player who has managed to work hard at his game, and outscored every other striker at the last caribbean cup finals...and has done extremeely well for himself at the MLS level. Nothing to be ashamed of for the youth.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:44:31 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:05 PM »

Who are the three teams from CONCACAF that played in the last world cup Dunce? How many of those teams were in JAmaica's semi final group? I respected you as a cool youth, but sometimes i wonder what kinda crack you smoking.

The two that whipped ur asses. And the best one "USA" that we actually defeated won the group.

While Honduras needed a USA favor to get past a better side in costa rica "if u ask me".

truetrini

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 04:44:51 PM »
steups,, Jamaica, Jamaica and Jamaica!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 04:55:25 PM »

That have to be proven,we can't just talk it we have to walk it.

breds when last have we had a world class coach, get a full strength TT team? beenhakker, thats right

pfister is head and shoulders above his other caribbean counterparts, we finally have no blacklist and a world class coach

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 04:59:55 PM »
Here is some interesting facts.

TNT style of play is far more entertaining than that of Jamaica. When we get our act together with a full squad we can match anyone in the world. Our football is exciting and we don't defend for 90 minutes like JA does when we play alyuh in the Office. We don't rely on lucky strikes to get us a goal like JA does and then hand on to it like our lives depended on it either. Our players have achieved way more than JA can ever imagine in terms of club football and our team has been a victim in the past of bad refereeing hindering our chances of making more than one world cups, not to mention the curruption and blacklists our players were exposed to via bad administration.

Lets face it, JA is there to make up the numbers and don't even flatter enough to be entertaining. Watching JA play is like watching Panama. True story.

And one last thing, I am certified in trolling, you on my turf, in these parts I am the Mayor bitch. After all this is TNT football site not JA's

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 05:03:16 PM »
weys 12 ppl voted for JA.. That means there is 12 jakans on this site.. BAN THEM ALL!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 05:14:32 PM »
weys 12 ppl voted for JA.. That means there is 12 jakans on this site.. BAN THEM ALL!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i believe socapro is among those voters  8)

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
allyuh is kicks..when last a T&T team beat a Jamaican team?  When last did we make the gold cup?  Jamaica won the CFU...steups.  

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »
Anybody who vote fuh any team beside Jamaica either blind or biased.

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2011, 05:17:53 PM »
Anybody who vote fuh any team beside Jamaica either blind or biased.

so blind people cyar be biased?

1]; } ?>