March 28, 2024, 03:19:16 PM

Poll

Where do we realisitically fear as far as our strength in the Caribbean. Forget FIFA rankings

Trinidad and Tobago
24 (29.3%)
Jamacia
28 (34.1%)
Haiti
10 (12.2%)
Barbados
0 (0%)
Grenada
4 (4.9%)
Cuba
11 (13.4%)
Puerto Rico
0 (0%)
Dominica
0 (0%)
Martinique
5 (6.1%)
US virgin Islands
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: September 21, 2011, 01:28:41 PM

Author Topic: Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?  (Read 15975 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who boasts the strongest team in the Caribbean?
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 06:06:24 PM »
allyuh is kicks..when last a T&T team beat a Jamaican team?  When last did we make the gold cup?  Jamaica won the CFU...steups.  
When last did jamaica made ah hex??  remember we won that said caribbean cup eight times. jamaica is ah good team, no doubt, but that's only bc they've been far more organized than us in the past 5 yrs on an administrative level.

had T&T continued where they left off from 2005 and beyond then i don't think jamaica would've been caribbean champs twice in ah row unopposed. they just came good in the right window of opportunity,

lets face it, jamaica has just two formidable opponents in the region, haiti and T&T and right now the two of them are in shambles, so for now, jamaica is champs by the fault.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
Steeuuppss..... I distinctly remember a few years ago during another one of these same arguments (how come you always at the center of them?) "making the Hex is the real deal, oonu could keep oonu caribbean titles"...something to that effect. Now is a different tune. Yuh eh tired lie?

Making the Hex IS the real deal (you cant get to the word cup if you not in the hex), but you must keep things in perspective. If mexico gets knocked out of the next hex by losing to costa rica and the usa, and grenada makes the same hex by beating antigua and barabados, it doesnt mean that grenada being in the hex is better than mexico who got knocked out. Simple common sense will tell you that.
When yuh responding to my post try and focus, otherwise I will be tempted to ignore you like I usually do. Yuh start off yuh argument with how Jamaica is the 2 time Caribbean Champion or something so, like if the sport of football start in the '90's. Yuh boasting bout that today but yuh cry down the caribbean championships in the past when men here point out to yuh who the real champs are if yuh want to call stats.
Then yuh saying making the HEX is the real deal, but because ah man oppose yuh with cold hard facts, (how much times allyuh make the HEX?)yuh claiming 'bout things must be in perspective.

Yuh always trying to qualify yuh statements to fit yuh team. You are quite the creative liar.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
Its real disappointing seeing these results on a Soca Warriors Forum.

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread
Now Ja stronger than TnT according to predominantly Trinbagonians on their own forum  ???

There is no way that Ja has a stronger team.  Yes they win more lately and had our number, BUT, they are not a stronger team...

Put our boys on point and we go hear a different tune...

You only see these kinda results on Trinbagonian forum....
(then again 2 man saying Martinique)

whey boy!

truetrini

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 06:53:18 PM »
Absolute nonsense.  So if people ran a poll asking which team was the best in CONCACAF..peeps here should say T&T?  Steups!

Regardless of the reason or reasons WHY Jamaica has had our number over the past 15 years or so is moot!

They have been the better team period!

They made it as CFU chmps twice over us, we did not even make it out the group stages!

They played in teh CONCAF Gold Cup we did not even make it there.

What is the point of this useless question?

They are better and in FACT the best in the Caribbean!

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 07:05:47 PM »
Jamaica have the upper hand and this has been the case for the past several years, but to suggest the  we 'fear' them is false and very UN-warrior-like.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »
weys 12 ppl voted for JA.. That means there is 12 jakans on this site.. BAN THEM ALL!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i believe socapro is among those voters  8)

Yes I am! Because ah doh have meh head stuck in the sand like some of allyuh!!

Reality check once again!

http://www.televisionjamaica.com/vd-11699-SPORTSCOMMENTARYAUGUST720.aspx
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 07:10:10 PM »
Jamaica have the upper hand and this has been the case for the past several years, but to suggest the  we 'fear' them is false and very UN-warrior-like.
where did fear dem enter into this discussion?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »

Maybe he really fears dem else why would he imagine that the headline said that?!  ???
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2011, 07:15:24 PM »
Anybody who vote fuh any team beside Jamaica either blind or biased.

so blind people cyar be biased?

Good one!  :rotfl:

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread
Now Ja stronger than TnT according to predominantly Trinbagonians on their own forum  ???

There is no way that Ja has a stronger team.  Yes they win more lately and had our number, BUT, they are not a stronger team...

Reality check required! Go here: http://www.televisionjamaica.com/vd-11699-SPORTSCOMMENTARYAUGUST720.aspx

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 07:20:54 PM »

Yuh damn right .. ah didnt take time to read the poll question properly

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »

Maybe he really fears dem else why would he imagine that the headline said that?!  ???

I fear no man on the football field or elsewhere... is 11 vs 11.  :devil:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2011, 07:52:47 PM »
Useless poll, results is where rubber meets the road
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2011, 08:35:24 PM »
Jamaica. Watch how much players them have playing in leagues in England, Scotland, USA, Scandanvia etc.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2011, 08:38:52 PM »
people actually arguing that we stronger than jamaica?  i feel they right, after all we mash up india yesterday.

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:59 PM »
Steeuuppss..... I distinctly remember a few years ago during another one of these same arguments (how come you always at the center of them?) "making the Hex is the real deal, oonu could keep oonu caribbean titles"...something to that effect. Now is a different tune. Yuh eh tired lie?

Making the Hex IS the real deal (you cant get to the word cup if you not in the hex), but you must keep things in perspective. If mexico gets knocked out of the next hex by losing to costa rica and the usa, and grenada makes the same hex by beating antigua and barabados, it doesnt mean that grenada being in the hex is better than mexico who got knocked out. Simple common sense will tell you that.
When yuh responding to my post try and focus, otherwise I will be tempted to ignore you like I usually do. Yuh start off yuh argument with how Jamaica is the 2 time Caribbean Champion or something so, like if the sport of football start in the '90's. Yuh boasting bout that today but yuh cry down the caribbean championships in the past when men here point out to yuh who the real champs are if yuh want to call stats.
Then yuh saying making the HEX is the real deal, but because ah man oppose yuh with cold hard facts, (how much times allyuh make the HEX?)yuh claiming 'bout things must be in perspective.

Yuh always trying to qualify yuh statements to fit yuh team. You are quite the creative liar.
So if the HEX is the real deal. Will your supporters believe that T&T have qualify for a second World Cup before Jamaica. Because that's the real deal being in the HEX is all about. Right. ::) 
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2011, 10:04:34 PM »

I am not one of the warriors on the field.
Go back and watch the last couple of matches we played against them, even prior to the blacklist.

The only man I rate for not giving a damn bout them is Whitley. Everybody else (and that dating back to the Starboy Yorke and Latas era) does boil down like bhagi against them. I blame it on the "we have to stock up on shinpads mentality"
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:34 PM »

I am not one of the warriors on the field.
Go back and watch the last couple of matches we played against them, even prior to the blacklist.

The only man I rate for not giving a damn bout them is Whitley. Everybody else (and that dating back to the Starboy Yorke and Latas era) does boil down like bhagi against them. I blame it on the "we have to stock up on shinpads mentality"

So now yuh blaming BM for our loses to JA in the past?!  :o

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
allyuh is kicks..when last a T&T team beat a Jamaican team?  When last did we make the gold cup?  Jamaica won the CFU...steups.  
When last did jamaica made ah hex??  remember we won that said caribbean cup eight times. jamaica is ah good team, no doubt, but that's only bc they've been far more organized than us in the past 5 yrs on an administrative level.

had T&T continued where they left off from 2005 and beyond then i don't think jamaica would've been caribbean champs twice in ah row unopposed. they just came good in the right window of opportunity,

lets face it, jamaica has just two formidable opponents in the region, haiti and T&T and right now the two of them are in shambles, so for now, jamaica is champs by the fault.
It's very simple. When Jamaica was knocked out of the 2001 Digicel Cup in the first round. T&T had the perfect opportunity to win a 9th Caribbean Cup in your own back yard but Haiti won it for the first time with a 2-1 victory.
In 2008 T&T were beaten 2-1 by Grenada which meant T&T had to beat Jamaica to qualify for the 2009 Gold Cup. But could only manage a 1-1 draw after Jamaica scored first.
In 2010 Cuba and, again, Grenada knocked T&T out of the Digicel Cup and a 2011 Gold Cup spot.
So Cuba and Grenada beating T&T should be by default since you don't consider them formidable opponents like Jamaica. Okay. I get your logic. ::)
I won't even waste time voting.      
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:18:39 PM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
Also why Martinique in the list and no Guadeloupe?

;D Why stop there? No Vincy ... no St. Kitts-Nevis (who play Puerto Rico in WC qualifying on September 2) ... no Antigua ... the question isn't rooted in science but nevertheless we should end up with the usual frontrunners in the FIVE.

Guadeloupe made the last 3 Gold Cups. can't remember the last time Martinique did... Even longer away than we did... Just saying.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2011, 10:23:07 PM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread

Reality check required! Go here: http://www.televisionjamaica.com/vd-11699-SPORTSCOMMENTARYAUGUST720.aspx
Reality fact. T&T has not beaten Jamaica since May 17, 2001. And Jamaica without a grassroots programme.  :o!
jjbrown

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2011, 04:22:42 AM »

It's very simple. When Jamaica was knocked out of the 2001 Digicel Cup in the first round. T&T had the perfect opportunity to win a 9th Caribbean Cup in your own back yard but Haiti won it for the first time with a 2-1 victory.
In 2008 T&T were beaten 2-1 by Grenada which meant T&T had to beat Jamaica to qualify for the 2009 Gold Cup. But could only manage a 1-1 draw after Jamaica scored first.
In 2010 Cuba and, again, Grenada knocked T&T out of the Digicel Cup and a 2011 Gold Cup spot.
So Cuba and Grenada beating T&T should be by default since you don't consider them formidable opponents like Jamaica. Okay. I get your logic. ::)
Listen fella, tuh tell yuh the truth , i really don't like tuh hold no court with you or the other jamaicans who frequent this site bc allyuh really not interested in nothing else but slander and malicious put downs, and after all is said and done, nothing is gained but ah migraine.

truth be told,in regards to jamaican football, i really don't care if jamaica does well or bums, it actually makes no difference to me. i'm a T&T football fan and i love my team win lose or draw, my only concern is that whosoever is @ the helm of my federation does everything in their power to ensure that there's a bright furture ahead for our football and from here on in vouch safe our football from predators like jack waner and oliver camps! and do right by the football, the players and coaches and treat we human resources and the game with 100% care and dedication with know how pride and dignity. that's all i really care about, not winning!

i want to see my best players take the field together with ah great coach, and if they win lose or draw i happy, i would rather see this than be champions of the world for praises and bragging rights.

apart from that mister, i eh able with all this JA this and trini that, if you think jamaica is the best football team in the region then fine, so be it. knock yuh self out buddy boy!   i don't give ah f@ck!!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2011, 04:44:33 AM »
Absolute nonsense.  So if people ran a poll asking which team was the best in CONCACAF..peeps here should say T&T?  Steups!

Regardless of the reason or reasons WHY Jamaica has had our number over the past 15 years or so is moot!

They made it as CFU chmps twice over us, we did not even make it out the group stages!

We've made it to the hex twice over them!

we've played the the CCL twice and they did not! and that's what you call ah better team??

bredder, the only reason dem shining so much is bc we have real muddafackers running our federation, i sincerely believe that we have far more talent than them, but they are better organized than us @ the moment.

for the sake of comparisons i would really like to see our federation make ah serious effort towards brazil bc i want tuh meet jamaica in the hex so bad with our best players well prepared under coach Pfister. then we'll settle this ting once and for all.

PS: ah wanted to meet them under beenie as well, but that never materialized. ah know if we meet and beat JA in the hex, there will be many excuses instead of congratulatory exchanges.

fack that, i still maintain that they JA are the better team right now, but only "by the fault"!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:50:48 AM by just cool »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2011, 07:09:13 AM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread

Nah ReggaePro,
You bringing a jamaican link on here telling me I need a reality check?
lol
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:11:22 AM by ProudTrinbagonian »
whey boy!

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2011, 07:40:52 AM »

Listen fella, tuh tell yuh the truth , i really don't like tuh hold no court with you or the other jamaicans who frequent this site bc allyuh really not interested in nothing else but slander and malicious put downs, and after all is said and done, nothing is gained but ah migraine.

truth be told,in regards to jamaican football, i really don't care if jamaica does well or bums, it actually makes no difference to me. i'm a T&T football fan and i love my team win lose or draw, my only concern is that whosoever is @ the helm of my federation does everything in their power to ensure that there's a bright furture ahead for our football and from here on in vouch safe our football from predators like jack waner and oliver camps! and do right by the football, the players and coaches and treat we human resources and the game with 100% care and dedication with know how pride and dignity. that's all i really care about, not winning!

i want to see my best players take the field together with ah great coach, and if they win lose or draw i happy, i would rather see this than be champions of the world for praises and bragging rights.

apart from that mister, i eh able with all this JA this and trini that, if you think jamaica is the best football team in the region then fine, so be it. knock yuh self out buddy boy!   i don't give ah f@ck!!!!
I deal with unbiased facts, not slander. Unlike you. So believe what you will.
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2011, 07:48:30 AM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread

Nah ReggaePro,
lol

So the reality of T&T not beating Jamaica in 7 match ups since May 17, 2001 needs a link. Alright. Since you use a Jamaican link for a reality check. Let me use a T&T link:

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/fixtures-results.html   
jjbrown

Offline jamaica2099

• Hero Warrior
  • n/a
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2011, 08:12:27 AM »

We've made it to the hex twice over them!

we've played the the CCL twice and they did not! and that's what you call ah better team??

bredder, the only reason dem shining so much is bc we have real muddafackers running our federation, i sincerely believe that we have far more talent than them, but they are better organized than us @ the moment.

for the sake of comparisons i would really like to see our federation make ah serious effort towards brazil bc i want tuh meet jamaica in the hex so bad with our best players well prepared under coach Pfister. then we'll settle this ting once and for all.

PS: ah wanted to meet them under beenie as well, but that never materialized. ah know if we meet and beat JA in the hex, there will be many excuses instead of congratulatory exchanges.

fack that, i still maintain that they JA are the better team right now, but only "by the fault"!
WOW! A true blinded T&T patriot who will spin anything to make himself feel better.
Jamaican clubs don't see a financial benefit in playing in a futile competition like the CCL where the prize is a just shiny trophy.
Keep singing about T&T being in the HEX more times than Jamaica. Chances T&T have had to actually qualify for a second World Cup over the Reggae Boyz. I truly can't wait to hear more about the HEX when Jamaica qualifies for another World Cup.
And since T&T has never beaten Jamaica in four World Cup qualifiers. I really wanted Jamaica to play T&T with "Beenie" as their coach. Since Jamaica was worst at the time with clueless Creston Boxhill leading the JFF. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:14:41 AM by jamaica2099 »
jjbrown

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2011, 08:25:07 AM »
Jamacia without question.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2011, 08:57:54 AM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread

Nah ReggaePro,
lol

So the reality of T&T not beating Jamaica in 7 match ups since May 17, 2001 needs a link. Alright. Since you use a Jamaican link for a reality check. Let me use a T&T link:

http://www.socawarriors.net/mens-senior-team/senior-team-news/fixtures-results.html   

What any of this have to do with my point to Socapro?  And when did I use a Jamaican link?

Anyway, say what allyuh want, each entitled to their own opinion.  Mine is simple, T&T possess far superior talent and players when the discussion of football is present in the region.  That cannot be argued.  That is fact.
However with a mismanaged adminstration we are allowing minnows to believe they have a better team.  They playing better now, but do NOT have a better team.  Playing India was a good move, play a small team, put 3 on dem, instill some confidence and get it rolling.

So then according to some of the arguments logic on this thread, Paraguay is a stronger team than Brazil.
whey boy!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2011, 09:05:23 AM »

First Ja posters
Then a Ja thread

fool Di man ask a question.. ppl ansa .. Dats why its call a football forum.. TNT is not good face di freeking facts.. back in the late 80's if this questions was ask everyone will say TNT .. Now its facts.. I think TNT is about number 6 in the west indies right now..We r jes not good anymorte.. Dont be suprised we dont get pass those teams we have to play.. I will be suprise if we get pass dem...

war
Black Lives Matter..

1]; } ?>