April 25, 2024, 08:17:56 PM

Author Topic: Will T&T be allowed to play at home by FIFA?  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Will T&T be allowed to play at home by FIFA?
« on: August 22, 2011, 02:07:53 PM »
Just a thought, but when there has been unrest in countries and an SOE is declared, teams are advised not to travel to these countries. If its a SOP of FIFAs not to request teams visit countries under an SOE, the match vs Bermuda could be moved elsewhere.

Certainly, if I was the Bermuda coach, I would refuse to travel for fear of my players being in danger. Now we know that won't be the case, but if I was the coach and I could remove T&T's home advantage, I'd do it!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Will T&T be allowed to play at home by FIFA?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:32:22 PM »
Just a thought, but when there has been unrest in countries and an SOE is declared, teams are advised not to travel to these countries. If its a SOP of FIFAs not to request teams visit countries under an SOE, the match vs Bermuda could be moved elsewhere.

Certainly, if I was the Bermuda coach, I would refuse to travel for fear of my players being in danger. Now we know that won't be the case, but if I was the coach and I could remove T&T's home advantage, I'd do it!

What home advantage? 2,500 people being inflated to 6,500 by the organisers just to make the attendance sound better than it was?!  ;)

Bermuda has just as much home advantage playing in T&T as playing in Bermuda!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:22:16 AM »

Players in danger of what?you feel we in Afganistan!!look how much bachanal in England and Football playing,it seems you are not just against JW and the TTFF administration you are also against our players,why would you want to take away our home advantage,sometimes i don't understand your ifs.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 10:03:01 AM »
SOE is the best thing for our national team...now they have to stay in crown plaza and not go zen, 51 and go checking hoes.

Walk with yuh xbox or ps3 and stay in yuh hotel room.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 10:40:26 AM »
There is no curfew in Tobago....hint hint hint... ;D ;D

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »
There is no curfew in Tobago....hint hint hint... ;D ;D

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 11:55:07 AM »
SOE is the best thing for our national team...now they have to stay in crown plaza and not go zen, 51 and go checking hoes.

Walk with yuh xbox or ps3 and stay in yuh hotel room.

true

but then again, they go just bring the party to their room
whey boy!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »

Players in danger of what?you feel we in Afganistan!!look how much bachanal in England and Football playing,it seems you are not just against JW and the TTFF administration you are also against our players,why would you want to take away our home advantage,sometimes i don't understand your ifs.

Is that what the man said ?? that he wants to take away our home advantage ? Coops I staring to wonder now if you eh have ah script already ! From what I read the writer was engaging others in what is possible ...nothing wrong wid dat ! An old soldier like you should remember the refrain ..." the more we bleed in peacetime the less we bleed in war "
The man clearly stated that as the coach of Bermuda he would try to remove T&T's home advantage given the present circumstances...how does that translate to him being against the players ???

None of us know how this curfew will end ...things could happen ..and as an opponent, as the bermuda coach is , he must seek advantages and this is certainly one . Coops ah know yuh busy and you eh read what de man say properly ....I know you will now .

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 01:41:51 PM »

Is that what the man said ?? that he wants to take away our home advantage ? Coops I staring to wonder now if you eh have ah script already ! From what I read the writer was engaging others in what is possible ...nothing wrong wid dat ! An old soldier like you should remember the refrain ..." the more we bleed in peacetime the less we bleed in war "
The man clearly stated that as the coach of Bermuda he would try to remove T&T's home advantage given the present circumstances...how does that translate to him being against the players ???

None of us know how this curfew will end ...things could happen ..and as an opponent, as the bermuda coach is , he must seek advantages and this is certainly one . Coops ah know yuh busy and you eh read what de man say properly ....I know you will now .
      Alright i understand you,but the man put ah "if" up there,you see it as a positive i see it as a negative where my team's Football is concerned,it's just points of views.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 01:45:23 PM »
Maybe we need a game in this time as a sign of something positive. Even if the masses can't attend, TV6 can show the replays over and over and over just like how TTT showed the Little Mermaid during the attempted coup.....I know dat movie by heart now

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 02:24:44 PM »

Come now Coops, you serious?

And, by the way, any westerner travelling to a country in a state of emergency will be advised by their government not to go. I have people emailing me urging me to "get out while I can". a state of emergency is a massive statement that  creates the impression that the police can no longer protect their citizens. People on the outside don't understand its just a jokey thing.

But you should be very aware that this can be used as an excuse. You may even see British & US clubs refusing to let their players travel home.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:29:04 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 02:28:18 PM »

?? :rotfl:

Coops, jess so?...Yuh pardnas getting lockup in Trini or what? How yuh vex so?
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 04:23:42 PM »

Come now Coops, you serious?

And, by the way, any westerner travelling to a country in a state of emergency will be advised by their government not to go. I have people emailing me urging me to "get out while I can". a state of emergency is a massive statement that  creates the impression that the police can no longer protect their citizens. People on the outside don't understand its just a jokey thing.

But you should be very aware that this can be used as an excuse. You may even see British & US clubs refusing to let their players travel home.

Very good point FS! Some folks don't realise how damaging to T&T's international image declaring this unnecessary SOE is!

England had riots over 4 days where historic landmarks were burnt down and did not declare a state of emergency! Why? Because they know how damaging declaring a SOE would be to their international image, affecting tourism, business investors, sports, etc!

T&T offically has a jokey government that has no idea what damage they are doing to our international image as far as I am concerned!  :-[
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:42:50 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »
Can clubs really refuse?  I don't think they have that authority.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 04:40:21 PM »

SOE!! You want to bet?!!  8)

T&T is obviously led by a jokey government who have no idea!!

I feel the government trying to give the TTFF competition!!  :-[
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 04:47:06 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »
Never a dull moment in T&T football eh. it's always some nail biting scenario, even when we qualified against bahrain wid the arab boy kicking the ball out of jack's hand. ::)

FS lets hope all goes well, and don't give the bermuda football federation no ideas , please.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2011, 06:05:40 PM »
Maybe we need a game in this time as a sign of something positive. Even if the masses can't attend, TV6 can show the replays over and over and over just like how TTT showed the Little Mermaid during the attempted coup.....I know dat movie by heart now
  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: and doh forget that instrumental by Kenny G!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2011, 07:44:21 PM »
Never a dull moment in T&T football eh. it's always some nail biting scenario, even when we qualified against bahrain wid the arab boy kicking the ball out of jack's hand. ::)

FS lets hope all goes well, and don't give the bermuda football federation no ideas , please.

I hear yuh   :beermug:

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
The time of the game has already been moved to 4:30 with FIFA approval because of the SoE. I read that on this site in another thread since Monday.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 11:27:55 AM »

What happen you feel this is the first SOE T&T ever had,this one damageing to our international relations and the others wasn't or what?this is the first T&T government to declare an SOE?yes they jokey. 

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 12:18:50 PM »

What happen you feel this is the first SOE T&T ever had,this one damageing to our international relations and the others wasn't or what?this is the first T&T government to declare an SOE?yes they jokey. 

Thing is Coops, having a history of calling SOE's just projects an image overseas of consistently unlawful behaviour. It paints a picture of a nation's police force continuously fighting to maintain control. Living in Trinidad, I see that is so far from the truth. Yes, there are crime problems, but generally the country is safe. Rolling out a list of SOE's and a coup paints a completely different picture.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »

Thing is Coops, having a history of calling SOE's just projects an image overseas of consistently unlawful behaviour. It paints a picture of a nation's police force continuously fighting to maintain control. Living in Trinidad, I see that is so far from the truth. Yes, there are crime problems, but generally the country is safe. Rolling out a list of SOE's and a coup paints a completely different picture.
       FS i totally agree with you but the front pages of of our news papers and our news reports does the same thing.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 12:42:32 PM »

Point is England just had major riots and they never found the need to call a SOE here! Yuh feel crime not high in certain areas in London?!

Perception and reality are two completely different things!

I have folks quizzing me about if it’s still safe to plan to fly down to T&T for Carnival 2012! And when I assure them that Carnival in T&T is far safer than any Carnival in London they looking at me in a funny way like I just trying to be patriotic and prepared to lie to them because I from Trinidad!  :-[
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:47:19 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>