April 27, 2024, 11:23:33 AM

Author Topic: NAAA mess up Jehue Gordon Worlds registration  (Read 6373 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: NAAA mess up Jehue Gordon Worlds registration
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »
Apparently the cock-up could have been done by this gentleman who is secretary of the NAAATT and also chair of the Games Committee! http://www.ttnaaa.org/about/executive/allan_baboolal.html

I want to see someone's head roll for this! These cock-ups are happening too regular and at the end of the day it’s our athletes and our medal count that will suffer!  >:(

Yeah Baboolal yuh got 2 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. HIT D ROAD
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2011, 09:02:35 PM »
dais why we athletes does suffer....is level shit hounds in charge.  Dey old and backwards no arse...ALL AH DEM SHOULD RESIGN NOW!  ALL!

Even if he get to run....step down now!

Yuh mean all these respectable people?

http://www.ttnaaa.org/about/executive/index.html

Come on TC, ah sure most of them does give up their valuable time for the cause!

Don't be like that!!  8)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 09:05:06 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2011, 09:48:19 PM »
They omitted A.B one time to. These people is stress yes.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:10 PM »
The madness continues..... ::)

Ah wonder if we practice any relay exchanges yet?
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline REC

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:13 PM »
Just got word that the "Begging committee' was successful and he will compete!!

Someone should be held accountable all the same though!! Steups...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 11:07:57 PM »
Just got word that the "Begging committee' was successful and he will compete!!

Someone should be held accountable all the same though!! Steups...

Good news!!  :whew:

This might be the someone who cocked things up!

Apparently the cock-up could have been done by this gentleman who is secretary of the NAAATT and also chair of the Games Committee! http://www.ttnaaa.org/about/executive/allan_baboolal.html

I want to see someone's head roll for this! These cock-ups are happening too regular and at the end of the day it’s our athletes and our medal count that will suffer!  >:(
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2011, 03:49:10 AM »
dais why we athletes does suffer....is level shit hounds in charge.  Dey old and backwards no arse...ALL AH DEM SHOULD RESIGN NOW!  ALL!

Even if he get to run....step down now!

Yuh mean all these respectable people?

http://www.ttnaaa.org/about/executive/index.html

Come on TC, ah sure most of them does give up their valuable time for the cause!

Don't be like that!!  8)

everyone ah dem should step down.   And take Creed with dem too.

I sitting in an airport thinking how shitty T&T really coming breds and I feeling sick.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:58 AM »
A happy ending for Jehue, but somebody must be held accountable and dealt with!!

Whey de "big mouth" minister who like to ask people to resign??
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2011, 05:18:58 AM »
NAAA blunder leaves Jehue out 400
Minister says it’s April Fools joke
Published: Tue, 2011-08-23 23:40

Jehue Gordon cruising to victory at the National Championships. Photo: ANTHONY HARRIS
T&T’s 400 metres hurdler Jehue Gordon has not been entered to take part in the event at the IAAF World Championships in Daegu, South Korea. A release from the NAAA yesterday said Gordon’s omission was an oversight for the Games which are scheduled to begin on Saturday. Secretary of the NAAA Allan Baboolal who is with the team in South Korea, described Gordon’s situation as an oversight and stated that he will take responsibility for the mistake. Up to late yesterday, NAAA president Ephraim Serrette, Olympic gold medalist Hasely Crawford, together with NACAC area representative Neville Mc Cook were meeting with the director of the competition bureau for the IAAF World Championships, Jun Kim, to discuss the possibility of  Gordon’s entry.

The NAAA release said they were  hopeful for a positive outcome. Contacted Sports Minister Anil Roberts said he could not believe what he was hearing. When the NAAA release was read to him, the Minister’s response was: “It has to be April 1st. This is an April Fools joke. That cannot be truth I cannot believe what you just read. It cannot be true.” Minister Roberts said there was a clear process for entries at international events and in particular at a World Championship: “The team coach and manager will fill out the entry form, double check it and then pass it on to the general council and then the secretary will forward it to the relevant body. Jehue was fourth at the last Championships at 17 years and was one of our main hopes for a gold medal in Daegu. I cannot understand or contemplate this catastrophe. How this happened is unbelieveable. I cannot fathom it.”

The Minister said he would be interested in the outcome and was looking forward to hearing from the NAAA as to how this materialised. Gordon was expected to be the youngest finalist and competitor in the event this year. Two years ago, he was fourth in the finals in Berlin with a time of 48.26 seconds. He was 17 years and 276 days. At the National Championships two weeks ago, Gordon cruised to victory and later revealed that he was anxiously looking forward to his experience in South Korea, where he was expecting to improve on his fourth placing at the last Games.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2011, 06:57:47 AM »
Let me congratulate the begging committee for saving us much anguish. Anyone knows who they were ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2011, 09:11:11 AM »
Let me congratulate the begging committee for saving us much anguish. Anyone knows who they were ?

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Like we could real beg. We dotch a bullet
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »

Trust me. Jehue's inclusion had absolutely NOTHING to do with the begging committee.

It had everything to do with the fact that Jehue is the IAAF World Junior Champion in the event and the IAAF wants their 'product'...their promising star to be showcased.
When Jehue succeeds at the Senior Level they will take the credit and make themselves look good. You'll hear him labelled "a product of the IAAF Youth System" as Darrel Brown was when he won the Silver in Paris 2003.

Many forget it was the likes of Boldon and Gabreselassie who first brought credibility to the World Juniors when they won World Titles at the Senior Level as well. Unlike our NAAA, the IAAF understand that it is the Athletes who sell their sport and make it successful.

The NAAA Begging Committee deserve no credit whatsoever for Jehue's inclusion and I'm sure they did not even have to beg very long or hard for the World's governing body to put their rising star in his rightful event.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2011, 10:22:45 AM »

I think they were Ephraim Serrette, Hasely Crawford & Neville Mc Cook.

Secretary of the NAAA Allan Baboolal who is with the team in South Korea, described Gordon’s situation as an oversight and stated that he will take responsibility for the mistake. Up to late yesterday, NAAA president Ephraim Serrette, Olympic gold medalist Hasely Crawford, together with NACAC area representative Neville Mc Cook were meeting with the director of the competition bureau for the IAAF World Championships, Jun Kim, to discuss the possibility of  Gordon’s entry.

However I agree with fLaSh's post just above about why the Begging Committee was ultimately successful!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2011, 10:28:40 AM »

Trust me. Jehue's inclusion had absolutely NOTHING to do with the begging committee.

It had everything to do with the fact that Jehue is the IAAF World Junior Champion in the event and the IAAF wants their 'product'...their promising star to be showcased.
When Jehue succeeds at the Senior Level they will take the credit and make themselves look good. You'll hear him labelled "a product of the IAAF Youth System" as Darrel Brown was when he won the Silver in Paris 2003.

Many forget it was the likes of Boldon and Gabreselassie who first brought credibility to the World Juniors when they won World Titles at the Senior Level as well. Unlike our NAAA, the IAAF understand that it is the Athletes who sell their sport and make it successful.

The NAAA Begging Committee deserve no credit whatsoever for Jehue's inclusion and I'm sure they did not even have to beg very long or hard for the World's governing body to put their rising star in his rightful event.

Yeah it is because he is a rising star but d committee still had 2 request his inclusion. So d request was accepted.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011, 11:46:47 AM »

Wait Jai, you congratulating man for peeing they bed and then washing de sheet and putting the mattress to sun outside.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

Wait Jai, you congratulating man for peeing they bed and then washing de sheet and putting the mattress to sun outside.

Yes because dey admit that they pee d bed. Baboolal say he takin full responsibility when last a Trini say day he eh pass d buck and say d prez shoulda assk meh 2 c d document so he woulda check and c I leave it out. HE SAID I MESSED UP.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/JEHUE-UPDATE--128232468.html

UPDATE: Jehue is in
Story Created: Aug 23, 2011 at 5:26 AM ECT

In a press release, last night, National Association of Athletics Administrations (NAAA) PRO Trevor James announced that Jehue Gordon will compete in the men's 400 metres hurdles, at the IAAF World Championships, in Daegu, Korea.

"Team Manager of the Trinidad and Tobago Team in Daegu, South Korea, Dexter Voisin said that the situation regarding Jehue Gordon's entry in the 400m Hurdles event at the IAAF World Championships has been resolved and he will compete."

Nineteen-year-old Gordon had been inadvertently omitted from the one-lap hurdles when the NAAA submitted its list of entries to the IAAF.

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »
STUEPSSSSSSSSSSS, AH SURE BABOOLAL NAME WAS FIRST ON THE FLIGHT MANIFEST..TOTAL FACKERY
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 06:56:13 AM »
This is the nail in the coffin as far as I am concerned for this group, Crawford included, because these are his people. If ANYONE seems like they can handle the job I will back them. 

This is a F$%#*G disgrace.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 09:18:02 AM »
Minister relieved as Jehue gets go ahead
Published: Wed, 2011-08-24 23:01

National 400 metres hurdler champion Jehue Gordon will take his place in the 400 metres hurdle at the IAAF World Championships in Daegu South Korea. In a release from the NAAA yesterday, team manager Dexter Voisin said the situation regarding Gordon’s entry has been resolved and he will compete. On Monday, it was reported that the NAAA had failed to register Gordon for the event. The NAAA said Gordon’s omission was an oversight for which secretary of the NAAA, Allan Baboolal, took full responsibility. Yesterday, NAAA president Ephraim Serrette, Olympic gold medalist Hasely Crawford, together with NACAC area representative Neville Mc Cook met with Jun Kim, director of the competition bureau for the IAAF World Championships, to discuss Gordon’s entry. The NAAA release did not say how the group resolved the situation. It simply stated:  Team manager of the Trinidad and Tobago team in Daegu, South Korea, Dexter Voisin said that the situation regarding Jehue Gordon entry in the 400m Hurdles event at the IAAF World Championships has been resolved and he will compete.

Sports Minister Anil Roberts who expressed disbelief at the NAAA’s failure to register Gordon on Monday, said yesterday he was relieved to learn that the young middle distance runner will take his place in the event. “I am relieved and happy to learn that Jehue will be in the event and I want to wish him, and all the other T&T athletes well during the meet. I am also awaiting a report as to how such a blunder could have taken place.” Gordon is expected to be the youngest finalist and competitor in the event. Two years ago, he was fourth in the finals in Berlin with a time of 48.26 seconds. He was 17 years and 276 days old. At the National Championships two weeks ago, Gordon cruised to victory and later revealed that he was anxiously looking forward to his experience in South Korea, where he was expecting to improve on his fourth placing at the last Games.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 01:01:11 PM »
I am afraid Ephraim has to take this one on the jaw ...Buck stops with you my friend. Either someone goes or you go ! No action is not an option. This is another blunder and soemeone must be held accountable . Taxpayers cannot continue to see their dollars going down the drain because of inefficiency. Elite athletes receive funding from the people's taxes !!!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 01:17:16 PM »
I am afraid Ephraim has to take this one on the jaw ...Buck stops with you my friend. Either someone goes or you go ! No action is not an option. This is another blunder and soemeone must be held accountable . Taxpayers cannot continue to see their dollars going down the drain because of inefficiency. Elite athletes receive funding from the people's taxes !!!

If members of the NAAATT executive also receive funding from T&T taxpayers money to make the trip and properly look after our athletes then someone's head definitely needs to roll over this especially seeing that it is not the first time something like this has happened.
I take no joy in saying this!  :(

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 02:31:07 PM »
NO credibility left. Clock stopping at 9.4, forgetting to enter athletes, trials 2 weeks before worlds. Enough.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
NO credibility left. Clock stopping at 9.4, forgetting to enter athletes, trials 2 weeks before worlds. Enough.

You forget the selection of athletes.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 05:51:17 PM »

Doh forget that they say that they dont have to explain any selection to anybody........lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 06:18:17 PM »

Doh forget that they say that they dont have to explain any selection to anybody........lol

But they could get taxpayers money!  >:(

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 07:09:13 PM »
same ole same ole with these jokers. Imagine in 1996 some of us were on the cusp of Olympic B qualification times and the NAAA held it's National trials in pouring rain. They never have money too... athletes eating cheese paste sandwiches and drinking solo on they break back then.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 11:42:17 PM »
Roberts says NAAA in ‘blunder of blunders’
Wednesday, August 24 2011

SPORTS MINISTER Anil Roberts described the National Association of Athletics Administration (NAAA) not registering Jehue Gordon for the World Championships 400m hurdles event as “the blunder of all blunders,” and is awaiting a detailed report explaining what exactly happened.

In a media release on Monday, the NAAA said secretary Allan Baboolal took full blame for the faux pas but revealed several officials were negotiating with the IAAF to see if they could get him in as a late entry (see story at top of page).

The NAAA revealed yesterday morning that they were successful and the World Junior gold medallist will be competing.

Roberts has been very critical of a few sporting bodies in this country, recently, describing the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) as disorganised and gave a failing grade to the local cricket body as well.

He, however, said this error on the part of the NAAA could eclipse all rivals. “The NAAA has been doing well before but this blunder may well take the cake,” he said.

“I am still in a state of shock not only as a Minister but as a coach. There is clear processes when making entries of this calibre.

“You have to double check and triple check everything. If all the processes are there I am at a loss for words as to how they could forget to enter our number one medal-hopeful. I am waiting with bated breath for them to come and explain what happened,”
he declared. Roberts, although relieved that the NAAA finally got Gordon registered, is still skeptical and is expecting protests from a few countries.

“All the countries know he is a threat. There may be one or two protests in reinstating him. I want to know when the technical meeting is. I won’t be comfortable until the technical meeting is held,” he added.

Roberts, coach of 2004 Olympic bronze medallist George Bovell III, believes Gordon could have suffered great psychological damage if he was not able to compete.

“This is an elite athlete who gets money from TT. He is someone we use to market this country on the international stage. “Furthermore, the stress to an athlete to suddenly hear he is not registered to compete for an event he has been training two years for (is tremendous). It would have been a setback.

“This is the last major event before the Olympics (next year). It is the closest thing that mimics the Olympics. It allows you see if you’re able to handle the pressure of lining up for a final.

“Any person who has played sport know the hardest thing is seeing your event going on and not competing. “Maybe God is really a Trinidadian. I don’t think I can recall a blunder like this,”
Roberts concluded.

1]; } ?>