March 29, 2024, 08:31:41 AM

Author Topic: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad  (Read 21596 times)

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2011, 07:39:51 PM »
Why include Brichall???

Because he ummm...white!!

has nothing to do with colour

birchall is the best ball winner we have, hes a workhorse in the mid, he has improved over the past 3 years and that is great for the team

right now he is the only ball winner other than jagdeosingh imo

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Like we really need to be having a discussion about Birchall, de man does play like if every effing game is de last sweat he getting...running dong man and ball like if ah Laventee gangster running him dong to shoot him!!!

Well said Contro:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2011, 07:52:41 PM »
thanks Tallman

BM yuh on yuh own wit dat thxs I get a flashback of Kareem Smith running in super slo mo.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »
T&T may be weakest on the left defense, therefore playing Birch on the center left (as opposed to center right) to strengthen the weak left defense might be a helpful strategy

Typically when you providing cover for a weak wide defense, it's your wide players that provide that cover.  The central defensive midfielders typically protect the defence, as in the central defence....not wide.

True enough Palos. . .but if we're gonna use Keon Daniel, he isn't particularly strong in covering ground and defending either, hence the switch with Birch.

He does all that at PU.
If yuh never see him play recently do it, he's like a new man.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »
Why include Brichall???

birchall is the best ball winner we have, hes a workhorse in the mid, he has improved over the past 3 years and that is great for the team

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Like we really need to be having a discussion about Birchall, de man does play like if every effing game is de last sweat he getting...running dong man and ball like if ah Laventee gangster running him dong to shoot him!!!

after just watching the match against india online

i have a few conclusions, hector, roberts, stern, tinto, touissant and powers can remain, the rest could ride pine imo, not up to par for intl football

the midfield should consist of daniel, birchall, either hyland or hector (creative presence) and thomson, tinto will come on in 2nd half as a sub

the backline with james and edwards back in the fold is a relief, the left wing is a concern, wolfe is not a defender so i hope pfister can find a player to fill the role until samuel returns, powers will have to do in the center back position until primus or hoyte joins the team

right now our main concern is the left back and i have confidence pfister will sort that out before next week
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 09:07:34 PM by Controversial »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2011, 09:07:01 PM »
If Scotland and Sealy arent called up because of their form and lack of playing time then Birchall should be held to the same criteria. I dont agree with his call-up.

La Galaxy has played 25 games so far this season, Birchall has played in 19 of them and started 14 of them. He's 9th in terms of minutes on the field for the Galaxy. I don't think Sealy and Scotland can come anywhere close to those stats. And I think he has 1 goal for the season, probably more than them both combined. Lol.

So he starts a little more than half of their games on a team where Becks doesnt play a lot and Mike Magee starts a lot in mid. That doesnt say much, does it?

My point wasnt to argue for the inclusion of Sealy and Scotland, but rather to question the inclusion of Birchall. If Sealy and Scotland dont deserve a call-up, then how does Birchall?

So supporter, who do you think should be called instead if Birchall?

Offline OutsideMan

• Many bad things. *Sips Scotch*
  • Hero Warrior
  • SocaWarrior4Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2011, 09:25:54 PM »
Guys, what about Shandon Winchester?  Has he been considered at all by the coach?

Haven't been in the loop in awhile, so set me straight here.
The dumbest people on earth are generally located in comment sections of websites all over the world.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
If Scotland and Sealy arent called up because of their form and lack of playing time then Birchall should be held to the same criteria. I dont agree with his call-up.

La Galaxy has played 25 games so far this season, Birchall has played in 19 of them and started 14 of them. He's 9th in terms of minutes on the field for the Galaxy. I don't think Sealy and Scotland can come anywhere close to those stats. And I think he has 1 goal for the season, probably more than them both combined. Lol.

So he starts a little more than half of their games on a team where Becks doesnt play a lot and Mike Magee starts a lot in mid. That doesnt say much, does it?

My point wasnt to argue for the inclusion of Sealy and Scotland, but rather to question the inclusion of Birchall. If Sealy and Scotland dont deserve a call-up, then how does Birchall?

:rotfl: :rotfl: I miss Family Matters

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2011, 02:43:30 AM »
When everybody available...this could well be T&T's team.  And ON PAPER...not bad at all.

Marvin Phillip - Tony Warner as backup
Carlos Edwards (right wing back) - Jake Thomson as backup
Julius James (centre back) - Robert Primus as backup
Seon Power (centre back) - Dexter Cyrus as backup (yes ah know he currently injured)
Jlloyd Samuels (left wing back) - Akile Edwards as backup
Christopher Birchall (defensive midfielder) - Clyde Leon as backup
Keon Daniel (wide midfielder) - Hughton Hector as backup
Khaleem Hyland (midfielder) - Densil Theobald as backup
Andre Boucaud (midfielder) - Lester Peltier as backup
Darryl Roberts (striker) - Andre Toussaint as backup
Kenwyne Jones (striker) - Stern John as backup

Daz a solid 22 right dey.  If is true de Hoyte brothers decide to join de team, then that would make us that much stronger at both corners, positions where we've traditonally been particularly weak.

Also in de mix would be players like Thorne Holder, Abu Bakr, Jovin Jones, Kevin Molino, Atullah Guerra, Kevon Carter (I really hopin & praying dis fella come back strong.  What an asset he would be if he could), Devon Jorsling, Kerry Baptiste, Hayden Tinto, and Juma Clarence.

I used to push for KD in the left mid or Left Back position but he has been so ineffective in that position except for a game vs Mex.  Should I assume you want  Bouc to play on the right? Has anyone seen him play recently. We need someone in that position who can cross. Tinto and CE are pitiful when it comes to crosses.

One might want to think of DR and Stern jup front with KJ on the right. He has pace, defense and cah be worse than the rest when it come to crossing. It would be a very solid right side.

JS, James and CE as three of the defenders  bodes well.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2011, 08:28:59 AM »

Have you been following the career/season of Chris Birchall ? I suggest you check Mr google if you missed the friendlies of the Galaxy this season and their present season results. Birchall plays in a 4 man midfield with Juninio ( Brazil ) Donavan (USA) Beckham ( England)  week in week out . Did you see him vs Real Madrid this season ??????????????
You should apologize for the statement you made above ...lack of form ? ...lack of playing time ?

I dont need to google a team i follow closely. Birchall is not a regular starter, and when he does play its usually of the shit variety. Did i see him vs Real Madrid this season? Is that a serious question, or are you just trying to sound like a clown? For one, I did, and secondly, whats your point? He didnt stand out against a preseason side that demolished LA. And why are you putting '(Brazil)' or '(England)' next to Juninho and Beckham? Juninho has never played for Brazil and Becks hasn't for England in a while.

Those arguments make no sense because they play different positions.  You cant call up Sealy and Scotland because you already have Stern, Kenwyne, Roberts and Peltier.  Birchall is head and shoulders above most of the mids whether he starts or not.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2011, 08:33:36 AM »
and we doh have the strongest team in the Caribbean?

I recognize 4 names on that squad, one play in the Prem (Jones), two in the MLS(Daniel, Birchall)  and one in Belgium (Hyland). As a comparison, Jamaica currently rotates between 6 MLs players, 5 guys in Scandinavia, and about 6 playing various leagues in England, together with the top local 3 from the domestic leagues...

I'd think based on that the strongest team in the caribbean is the Reggaeboyz...followed by you guys.

I am a Trini and an ardent Soca Warriors supporter but I agree with you.  We are not better on paper and until we start doing something on the field I will humbly agree that we are at best the second best Caribbean team.  Confidence is one thing but reality is what its all about.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2011, 08:43:05 AM »
The problem is Hyland and Birchall is kind of the same type of player, difference is Birch has a wicked shot. So I would take CrackerJACK Birch over Hyland in the defensive midfield role and put Tinto infront of him, worked well vs Mexico IMO. We can play with three strikers and put hyland in the LM position.

The backline is a mess wont even start to even try to go there lol.... without Samuel to solidfy that rb position we kinda compromised....  Been impressed with out goalie..

If you look at German tactics, the use over lapping defenders alot and depend on a solid defensive style of play without a playermaker... only recently we seen muller included to change thier style of play which has worked out for them.

Edwards as Lb is like meh.. he is our attacking winger and he does it well. Why change that when there is no one good enough to fit that role ? The rest is elementary.

One more thing, i dont like the idea of Jones been captain, edwards or birch should wear the armband. He is just to shy and not outspoken on the pitch.. he is very quiet when he plays for tnt.

I agree! Jones is not a good  choice as captain, but I suspect that was a political move to ensure his release. 

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
The problem is Hyland and Birchall is kind of the same type of player, difference is Birch has a wicked shot. So I would take CrackerJACK Birch over Hyland in the defensive midfield role and put Tinto infront of him, worked well vs Mexico IMO. We can play with three strikers and put hyland in the LM position.

The backline is a mess wont even start to even try to go there lol.... without Samuel to solidfy that rb position we kinda compromised....  Been impressed with out goalie..

If you look at German tactics, the use over lapping defenders alot and depend on a solid defensive style of play without a playermaker... only recently we seen muller included to change thier style of play which has worked out for them.

Edwards as Lb is like meh.. he is our attacking winger and he does it well. Why change that when there is no one good enough to fit that role ? The rest is elementary.

One more thing, i dont like the idea of Jones been captain, edwards or birch should wear the armband. He is just to shy and not outspoken on the pitch.. he is very quiet when he plays for tnt.

I agree! Jones is not a good  choice as captain, but I suspect that was a political move to ensure his release. 

Captain or no captain, Jones would have had to be released from his club. Its a FIFA date, there are no EPL or Championship games.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2011, 10:00:24 AM »
Why include Brichall???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

i have a few conclusions, hector, roberts, stern, tinto, touissant and powers can remain, the rest could ride pine imo, not up to par for intl football

So yuh finally see for yuhself that Bleeder ent able...righto

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2011, 11:42:12 AM »
i think the team(oversees players) that selected is very good. everyone needs to look at football differently now. Having KJ is not a political move as a captain . Currently he is the country's icon now just like Yorkie. I think few of the guys need to watch the oversees players while playing for the club and how they are a plus to there team. I would like to c more videos of tnt practice sessions,

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2011, 12:17:47 PM »
When everybody available...this could well be T&T's team.  And ON PAPER...not bad at all.

Seon Power (centre back) - Dexter Cyrus as backup (yes ah know he currently injured)

Daz a solid 22 right dey.  If is true de Hoyte brothers decide to join de team, then that would make us that much stronger at both corners, positions where we've traditonally been particularly weak.

Also in de mix would be players like Thorne Holder, Abu Bakr, Jovin Jones, Kevin Molino, Atullah Guerra, Kevon Carter (I really hopin & praying dis fella come back strong.  What an asset he would be if he could), Devon Jorsling, Kerry Baptiste, Hayden Tinto, and Juma Clarence.

I used to push for KD in the left mid or Left Back position but he has been so ineffective in that position except for a game vs Mex.  Should I assume you want  Bouc to play on the right? Has anyone seen him play recently. We need someone in that position who can cross. Tinto and CE are pitiful when it comes to crosses.

One might want to think of DR and Stern jup front with KJ on the right. He has pace, defense and cah be worse than the rest when it come to crossing. It would be a very solid right side.

VB

So who u have KJ crossing to in the box breds?

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2011, 12:37:35 PM »
KD or birchall for cross d ball u guys crazy

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
Why include Brichall???

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

So yuh finally see for yuhself that Bleeder ent able...righto

finally breds? bleeder is a good player but has declined since 2006 and right now he can sit imo, right now we have players who are above him in terms of skill, he has experience so he can be around the team and mentor the younger players but starting is a no no.

i give players a chance to prove themselves, especially if i see some potential. bleeder's form fades in and out, consistency is what is needed, especially with a player of his experience.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:00:50 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2011, 01:06:32 PM »

VB

right now we have to gamble and place daniel on the left, pacheco has regressed since i last saw him play, right now pfister will gamble with daniel on the left wing, thats a guarantee

he will also play thomson on the right wing, tinto sits for me and can come on as a super sub in the 2nd half

the centre mid other than birchall is up in the air, it depends how pfister wants to start this match, with a player like hector (creative mid) or hyland (defensive mid). i would take the risk and play hector, we need a player who can distribute the ball to the strikers up front, who most likely will be roberts and jones

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2011, 01:18:16 PM »

VB

Who KJ should be crossing to is already stated.

Althought CB should be THE defensive midfielder, the fact is he can cross better than most on that team and played wide early in his career.

We need to do what is best for the team. If Tinto and CE start on the right, Lord help us, crosses wise. We MIGHT get one good cross a game. If we get one a half, I'll be ecstatic.

A team like TT needs to have as many strengths as possible. KJ and Stern are strong in the air.
Caros and KJ have speed. James and SAmuel give our defense beef.
KJ<, Stern and CB can shoot from the outside.
KJ and Hyland can bamboozle them and draw fouls, I believe so can CE.
Hector, Peltier and Leon give us depth in their respective positions.

With Tinto and CE on the right together, we've made it easier for the defense with a limited number of good crosses. We might gallery against Bermuda but what happens when we play against real opposition.

Don't even get me started on FKs.

VB

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2011, 01:20:22 PM »

VB

Althought CB should be THE defensive midfielder, the fact is he can cross better than most on that team and played wide early in his career.

We need to do what is best for the team. If Tinto and CE start on the right, Lord help us, crosses wise. We MIGHT get one good cross a game. If we get one a half, I'll be ecstatic.

A team like TT needs to have as many strengths as possible. KJ and Stern are strong in the air.

With Tinto and CE on the right together, we've made it easier for the defense with a limited number of good crosses. We might gallery against Bermuda but what happens when we play against real opposition.

VB

tinto is not starting over Thomson who is a far better crosser of the ball

i don't know where you men are getting the notion that tinto will start over thomson

tinto is coming off the bench, our problem is daniel on the left, will he be able to cross the ball from the left flank

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2011, 01:28:43 PM »

VB

VB

i don't know where you men are getting the notion that tinto will start over thomson

tinto is coming off the bench, our problem is daniel on the left, will he be able to cross the ball from the left flank

Tinto coming off the bench is a much better idea.

Has anybody actually seen Thomposn play?
The man getting bounce from club to club and is currently in the lower echelons of Eng. football.
I not knocking his club so much but rather do we know what he brings to the table.
Perhaps some of you do.

VB

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:21 PM »
Breds, have you ever seen thompson play beside that mexico game in the hex where he played in the right full back position?  the fella is ah relative an unknown.

TBH i like hector as ah better option, he's skillful and could penetrate and put in ah better crosses than tinto.

PS: VB yuh take the word right out off my fingers, yuh also beat tuh it, it's like while i was typing you was posting. ;D
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:33:52 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:11 PM »
Breds, have you ever seen thompson play beside that mexico game in the hex where he played in the right full back position?  the fella is ah relative an unknown.

TBH i like hector as ah better option, he's skillful and could penetrate and put in ah better crosses than tinto.

PS: VB yuh take the word right out off my fingers, yuh also beat tuh it, it's like while i was typing you was posting. ;D

saw hector yesterday in the replay, i was impressed, in fact i even suggested he start over hyland in center mid, but on the wing? hell no

why take your creative mid and slot him on the wing? when you have thomson who has shown his ability and i have seen him play, Hector is very effective in the middle of the park, surround him with senior players and he will blossom.

its like taking dinho and playing him on the wing, pointless imo, bad strategy

dont stick on the wing when we have other players to fill that role, doesn't make sense, especially when jones and roberts need service from a guy like hector in the middle.

let daniel and thomson prove themselves on the wing

oh and yes i have seen him besides the mexico match play, plus i got the lowdown on him when he practiced/trained with the team.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:46:23 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »

VB

VB

Tinto coming off the bench is a much better idea.

Has anybody actually seen Thomposn play?
The man getting bounce from club to club and is currently in the lower echelons of Eng. football.
I not knocking his club so much but rather do we know what he brings to the table.
Perhaps some of you do.

VB

thomson is a the real deal, he has been unlucky with the clubs, but hes young and getting these caps will help his cause locally in england

he is the best option we have for the right wing, tinto is a great sub in the 2nd half, edwards playing right wing is a memory of the distant past imo

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:37 PM »
listen...blow de frigging whistle..play de fitball ..and give me my 6 points please.

also..someone please print the starting 11 ( and subs) from that last Bermuda match when they won...thanks

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

and yea..nearly forgot...F#CK Jamaica
:applause: :applause: I wid you Big Mag....blow de whistle and play de fitball. Who ever the coach decides to start I supporting.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:53:24 PM by soccerman »

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2011, 02:00:45 PM »

I suppose given our limited talent pool that he should be called up. However, he should not start, especially since Hyland is a similar-type player. I'd pair Hyland with Tinto or Guevera.
Hart for president

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
thanks Soccerman...no one understands this is a movie.....
press fu$king play and relax yuh fu$king self..oh 442 and 532 and target man and sub for who and cover for the left side
all eh tired??
play de facking fittball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »

I suppose given our limited talent pool that he should be called up. However, he should not start, especially since Hyland is a similar-type player. I'd pair Hyland with Tinto or Guevera.
Has he ever had a bad game for us ,maybe you should wait till he has one to class him with Scotty .

1]; } ?>