April 16, 2024, 04:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad  (Read 21717 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 09:30:24 AM »
I agree with davidephraim Carlos will have to play RB. when i look at this team the 1st thing that pops out to me is the the lack of wingbacks. We have two good center backs and a good one injured. But without Jlloyd playing Carlos must play RB. I dont understand why people have Jake playing RB. Carlos plays RB week in and week out regardless if he likes the position. Jake just got a club. Why would you have an inexperienced, probably unfit player playing RB. Yeah he did play RB during the U-20's but that is because we had no better options. This time we do. Hopefully in the next round Gavin Hoyte will decide to join us, cause i tired begging his older brother.

As for a prediction ill take 2-0 on friday because its the 1st time that they are playing together. But for tuesdays game (even tho its on the road) I'll take 5-0  ;D.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
Villaroel, Kevon shoulda get a bligh but like the USL getting salt this time around...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 09:31:46 AM »
I like when the forum is in this mode,there had been so much negatives for so long it's nice to breed some fresh air again,although i know it may not last too long,i'll just enjoy it for as long as it lasts.Having said that i would like to take the opportunity to give the supporting technical staff some credit for what's going on so far in our preparation,Pfitser might be the main man but the supporting cast plays an important role (Corneal,Barber,George),some how it seems only when we don't get what we want their names are called.

Wha boy Coop's.  Yuh is a DON!  How much time yuh breed it so?  :devil:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 09:32:24 AM »
Villaroel, Kevon shoulda get a bligh but like the USL getting salt this time around...

Villaroel is a wild man.  He VERY fit though....but very few footballing skills.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 09:37:06 AM »
I thought Kerry Baptiste woulda get a bligh though

Why?

Just because he good at bobolising Caribbean minnows. I was going to say it, then I thought somebody would figure I trying to knock the man. The problem is I have no clue what he up to right now. USL?

He's played 5 minutes of competitive football since leaving Joe Public in January. FC Tampa Bay is his new team.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
You know what is good about this squad.....it is our best squad on paper. No if only so and so was on the side etc.

No wondering what coulda happen or what shoulda been.

We winning or losing with the best available talent we have...no excuses, time to perform.

Shouldn't be a problem in that first round ..... But we need to be as good as we have ever been in that next round ......u see that Mexico side ....not easy at all ....they have so much quality ...especially in those two youth teams that now play in those world cups . Time for jones to step up

next round the players who otto when in England to scout may  join ....

That may include Justin Hoyte.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:10 AM »

Why?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »
You know what is good about this squad.....it is our best squad on paper. No if only so and so was on the side etc.

We winning or losing with the best available talent we have...no excuses, time to perform.

Shouldn't be a problem in that first round ..... But we need to be as good as we have ever been in that next round ......u see that Mexico side ....not easy at all ....they have so much quality ...especially in those two youth teams that now play in those world cups . Time for jones to step up

And who are the other unknowns
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »

Why?
Because he constantly starting for his USL team and we eh got no other true left back from overseas with Jlloyd not coming...

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 09:48:11 AM »

And who are the other unknowns

Your guess is as good as mine there.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 09:57:16 AM »

Why?
Because he constantly starting for his USL team and we eh got no other true left back from overseas with Jlloyd not coming...

Yuh ever see Villaroel play hoss?

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 10:01:16 AM »

Why?

Yea i see him play in a couple of games during the Concacaf Championship he didn't look bad from what i saw but allyuh probably see him way more than i did...

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 10:13:28 AM »

Why?

Yea i see him play in a couple of games during the Concacaf Championship he didn't look bad from what i saw but allyuh probably see him way more than i did...

I see him on a few occasions.  Each time he failed to impress.  No real footballing ability....but as ah say before...he fit.  He naturally left footed which is why I feel he playin left back.  But de left foot eh sayin nutting.

I eh have nutting against de fella.  I jes doh feel he anywhere near remotely capable.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
Villaroel should be no where near T&T team, he need wok first.

De only person is de USL who could make T&T side right now is maybe Devon Jorsling.

Molino is good, but let him develop further, he could do that on the under 23 team.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 10:20:40 AM »
If Scotland and Sealy arent called up because of their form and lack of playing time then Birchall should be held to the same criteria. I dont agree with his call-up.
Hart for president

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
If Scotland and Sealy arent called up because of their form and lack of playing time then Birchall should be held to the same criteria. I dont agree with his call-up.

So !!!

Dont agree.

Sealy is a forward, ask yuh self when last he score ah goal.

Scotland train under Pfister last month and shit down he self and I hear that from good source.... de man shape like a hamburger, besides, he is not an international player, he is decent at club level, he eh score ah goes for T&T in years now....

I will pick Birchall over any T&T players right now, Birchall, James, Hyland, Peltier, Phillip and Edwards is 6 key players for T&T right now, and if Keon up to it, but yuh know how he does fall out of de game and sleep away on de field....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 10:30:12 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline banton

• Hero Warrior
  • football in meh veins football in meh blood
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeWOxnWoXKI
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 10:43:27 AM »
best overseas players we have nice squad
football in meh veins football in meh blood

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »

La Galaxy has played 25 games so far this season, Birchall has played in 19 of them and started 14 of them. He's 9th in terms of minutes on the field for the Galaxy. I don't think Sealy and Scotland can come anywhere close to those stats. And I think he has 1 goal for the season, probably more than them both combined. Lol.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 10:53:36 AM »
best squad (on paper) i have seen since d blacklist. looking forward to seeing dem next friday. i done apply for a day  off
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 11:05:33 AM »
My boy is back! Birchallllllllll

Good squad , nice balance

Only area that has me concerned is LB ... Akeem Adams was poor and he is young and nervous .. Hopefully Otto can integrate him but I have my fears

J.Jones would have been ideal but according to my sources he has been banned from selection for breaking curfew in Mexico with the U20's .. Wouldnt be surprised if they lift the ban as the LB is a "limited state of emergency"

Maybe Power can play it

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 11:08:48 AM »

Why?

I see him on a few occasions.  Each time he failed to impress.  No real footballing ability....but as ah say before...he fit.  He naturally left footed which is why I feel he playin left back.  But de left foot eh sayin nutting.

I eh have nutting against de fella.  I jes doh feel he anywhere near remotely capable.

allyuh doh like nobody nah! ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 11:23:14 AM »
Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad
By Ian Prescott (Express)

Story Created: Aug 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM ECT

Story Updated: Aug 24, 2011 at 12:45 AM ECT

UNITED STATES-based Chris Birchall and Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland are among 11 foreign-based footballers called up by Trinidad and Tobago's German head coach Otto Pfister for back-to-back 2014 World Cup qualifiers.

T&T host Bermuda on September 2, before travelling to Barbados for another qualifier five days later.

The first of the foreign-based players will begin to arrive in Trinidad on Sunday.

Trinidad and Tobago will be captained by Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones. Also called up is England-born York City midfielder Andre Boucard, who has six caps for T&T and last played against Iceland just prior to the 2006 World Cup finals.

Joining the national team is another Englishman, 22-year-old Jake Thompson, who is now playing minor league football with Kettering Town.

Veteran utility player Carlos Edwards, defender Ronald Primus, Lester "Corn Curls" Peltier, Keon Daniel, Julius James and Clyde Leon make up the rest of the foreign-based professionals.

England-born defender JLloyd Samuel has asked to be excused for Trinidad and Tobago's first two matches as he is currently in the process of securing a new club.

Following his team's 3-0 win over India in a friendly on Sunday, head coach Pfister was confident of having a strong team to face Bermuda.

"Next week we have a player camp and we work together," Pfister said on Sunday. "I now know who of the local boys I can use and who I cannot use. Football is a very easy game. I will collect the overseas players and we make two, three, four training sessions and we are ready for the next game."

And striker Stern John thinks that Trinidad and Tobago will be better prepared for Bermuda, who scored a shock 2-1 road victory over the Soca Warriors to start the 2010 World Cup qualifying campaign. T&T advanced when winning the away leg 2-0 in Bermuda.

"I think the last time our team was not as strong as (the one) we have right now," said John. "We went into that game a bit over confident, a bit cocky, and we were defeated in Trinidad. We went to Bermuda and we had to grind out a result. And that is what football is about."

T&T FOREIGN-BASED PLAYERS CALLED UP:

Kenwyne Jones (Captain), Carlos Edwards, Andre Boucard, Khaleem Hyland, Chris Birchall, Jake Thompson, Ronald Primus, Lester Peltier, Keon Daniel, Julius James, Clyde Leon.

Phillips
Power
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Hyland
Birchall
Thomson
Roberts
Jones

i suspect this could be the starting team

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 11:26:03 AM »
the return of samuel and as firebrand pointed out hoyte and maybe warner the team can change

however, right now we have a fight in the midfield

we have an abundance of options to choose from, i believe pfister will use different combinations throughout the matches  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:18 AM »

if so that is good news, if we get both of them, our defense is solid :beermug:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 11:32:41 AM »
Just curious was Jagdeosingh ever invited to train with the team.

Abu Bakr Jr. is he over his inury?

Anybody take a look at Javed Mohammed?

All three are defenders - wouldn't hurt to take a look at them.

We could have organized some ehibition games over the summer Possible vs. Probables.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 11:35:56 AM »
if hoyte, samuel and warner come for next round, the team may look like:

Warner
Samuel
Primus
James
Hoyte
Daniel
Birchall
Hyland
Edwards
Jones
Roberts

Pfister has a lot of options to play with to get the right combo

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 11:56:58 AM »

Phillips
Power
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Hyland
Birchall
Thomson
Roberts
Jones

:beermug:

and we doh have the strongest team in the Caribbean?
whey boy!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 12:23:27 PM »

Phillips
Power
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Hyland
Birchall
Thomson
Roberts
Jones

I wouldn't say dat until we give dem yardies and Grenada (for good measure) ah good planass.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 12:28:44 PM »

Phillips
Power
James
Primus
Edwards
Daniel
Hyland
Birchall
Thomson
Roberts
Jones

I wouldn't say dat until we give dem yardies and Grenada (for good measure) ah good planass.

Yeah...our time coming.

We have a stronger team.  Just need to get the house back in order and we will see.
Be positive.  No one could beat we in the region but ourselves
whey boy!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 12:32:03 PM »

I would take good wins over Jamaica I feel dem not planass ...um.... able ??? by us anymore an' deserve dat respec', grenada on d odder hand given d two performances that dey put together to beat us might be ripe for dat (cautious optimism) woulda love to check d Bermuda game, but d time table go be too tight................. no car and living south :(
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:34:40 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>