April 27, 2024, 08:25:31 AM

Author Topic: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad  (Read 21818 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Birchall, Hyland called up to T&T squad
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:18 PM »
Sealy and Scotland we don't need. Darly, Stern combo worked really well... Why change that? Ok so we get Jones now but he hasnt really worked out for us yet... Kinda like the Yorke effect of old.. Doing well for United but eh doing shit for we.

As far as Birch is concern.. he is our best holding work horse midfielder hands down, he is second in perfomance charts behind Edwards.. So please stop with the scotland and sealy nonsense.. both of them are a waste of bloody time and the coach knows this.. MANNNNNNNN.

At the moment I rather have stern start over Jones b.c he working well with Roberts and we getting results and he scoring goals with Roberts. 

exactly breds  :beermug:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 03:35:04 PM »
If Scotland and Sealy arent called up because of their form and lack of playing time then Birchall should be held to the same criteria. I dont agree with his call-up.

La Galaxy has played 25 games so far this season, Birchall has played in 19 of them and started 14 of them. He's 9th in terms of minutes on the field for the Galaxy. I don't think Sealy and Scotland can come anywhere close to those stats. And I think he has 1 goal for the season, probably more than them both combined. Lol.

So he starts a little more than half of their games on a team where Becks doesnt play a lot and Mike Magee starts a lot in mid. That doesnt say much, does it?

My point wasnt to argue for the inclusion of Sealy and Scotland, but rather to question the inclusion of Birchall. If Sealy and Scotland dont deserve a call-up, then how does Birchall?

lolololololololololohahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaaaaaaaaa
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2011, 03:39:00 PM »
Pfister invites 11 overseas pros for World Cup qualifiers.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Warner in, Primus out.

Trinidad and Tobago’s head coach Otto Pfister has invited eleven overseas-based professional to join the National Team for upcoming back to back 2014 World Cup Qualifiers against Bermuda and Barbados.

Pfister will begin training with these players on August 28 with a couple players arriving a day later due to club commitments. Pfister will also hold sessions this Friday and Saturday with the home-based players who have been invited for the training camp.

Leading the pack is team captain and Stoke City striker Kenwyne Jones along with Carlos Edwards (Ipswich Town), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk, Belgium), Chris Birchall (LA Galaxy), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union, USA), Julius James (Columbus Crew, USA), Jake Thomson (Kettering Town, England), Andre Boucaud (York City, England), goalkeeper Anthony Warner (Wellington Phoenix, New Zealand), Clyde Leon (Corporacion Deportiva Itagui, Colombia) and Lester Peltier (AS Trencin, Slovakia).

Defender Robert Primus, based in Kazakhstan, was not considered having sustained an injury which requires that he visits Moscow for treatment. English-based defender Jlloyd Samuel has been excused as he remains in search of a club.

Warner last played for T&T in a 2-0 win over Iceland in 2006. Among the clubs he has played with include Celtic, Liverpool, Norwich and Fulham among others. Boucaud was part of the T&T squad in the early stages of the 2006 campaign, last appearing in a 3-0 loss to Mexico in Puebla. He has six caps for T&T.

“We will have three or four training sessions with the overseas-based players in the team. That happens everywhere in international football today. I’m not worried about it. We have been monitoring the progress of these players every week with their clubs and we will do this again this weekend just to have an idea of the fitness of each player. Then we train here with the entire squad of players and prepare for the match against Bermuda,” Pfister told TTFF Media.

Ipswich Town’s Edwards says he raring to kick off the campaign, which will be his fourth World Cup qualifying campaign with 78 international appearances to his name

My game face is already on,” Edwards told TTFF Media. “I’m looking forward a whole lot to returning and joining the team. I believe our squad is strong and once we prepare well and put our minds and hearts to it then I see no reason why this team cannot advance in the qualifiers and get to Brazil. We know that Bermuda made things rough for us in the first match of the last campaign so we definitely know what to expect this time around. We will deal with them accordingly,” he added.

The final squad inclusive of the home-based players will be announced later this week.

The qualifier versus Bermuda kicks off at 4:30pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on September 2 . T&T will then travel to meet Barbados September 6 in another qualifier in Bridgetown.

heres the revised team now that warner is in the picture:

Warner
Power
James
Wolfe
Edwards
Daniel
Birchall
Hector/Hyland
Thomson/Tinto
Jones
Roberts

feel free to change :beermug:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2011, 03:40:43 PM »
When everybody available...this could well be T&T's team.  And ON PAPER...not bad at all.

Marvin Phillip - Tony Warner as backup
Carlos Edwards (right wing back) - Jake Thomson as backup
Julius James (centre back) - Robert Primus as backup
Seon Power (centre back) - Dexter Cyrus as backup (yes ah know he currently injured)
Jlloyd Samuels (left wing back) - Akile Edwards as backup
Christopher Birchall (defensive midfielder) - Clyde Leon as backup
Keon Daniel (wide midfielder) - Hughton Hector as backup
Khaleem Hyland (midfielder) - Densil Theobald as backup
Andre Boucaud (midfielder) - Lester Peltier as backup
Darryl Roberts (striker) - Andre Toussaint as backup
Kenwyne Jones (striker) - Stern John as backup

Daz a solid 22 right dey.  If is true de Hoyte brothers decide to join de team, then that would make us that much stronger at both corners, positions where we've traditonally been particularly weak.

Also in de mix would be players like Thorne Holder, Abu Bakr, Jovin Jones, Kevin Molino, Atullah Guerra, Kevon Carter (I really hopin & praying dis fella come back strong.  What an asset he would be if he could), Devon Jorsling, Kerry Baptiste, Hayden Tinto, and Juma Clarence.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2011, 03:51:06 PM »
When everybody available...this could well be T&T's team.  And ON PAPER...not bad at all.

Seon Power (centre back) - Dexter Cyrus as backup (yes ah know he currently injured)
Jlloyd Samuels (left wing back) - Akile Edwards as backup  :nailbiting:

Daz a solid 22 right dey.  If is true de Hoyte brothers decide to join de team, then that would make us that much stronger at both corners, positions where we've traditonally been particularly weak.

Also in de mix would be players like Thorne Holder, Abu Bakr, Jovin Jones, Kevin Molino, Atullah Guerra, Kevon Carter (I really hopin & praying dis fella come back strong.  What an asset he would be if he could), Devon Jorsling, Kerry Baptiste, Hayden Tinto, and Juma Clarence.

True dat, but... ah gettin Nashville flashbacks.  :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2011, 03:53:13 PM »
The problem is Hyland and Birchall is kind of the same type of player, difference is Birch has a wicked shot. So I would take CrackerJACK Birch over Hyland in the defensive midfield role and put Tinto infront of him, worked well vs Mexico IMO. We can play with three strikers and put hyland in the LM position.

The backline is a mess wont even start to even try to go there lol.... without Samuel to solidfy that rb position we kinda compromised....  Been impressed with out goalie..

If you look at German tactics, the use over lapping defenders alot and depend on a solid defensive style of play without a playermaker... only recently we seen muller included to change thier style of play which has worked out for them.

Edwards as Lb is like meh.. he is our attacking winger and he does it well. Why change that when there is no one good enough to fit that role ? The rest is elementary.

One more thing, i dont like the idea of Jones been captain, edwards or birch should wear the armband. He is just to shy and not outspoken on the pitch.. he is very quiet when he plays for tnt.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2011, 03:56:03 PM »

our team will be solid, i have no doubt when it is fully assembled in the coming year, we will advance to brazil 2014 :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2011, 03:59:42 PM »
The problem is Hyland and Birchall is kind of the same type of player, difference is Birch has a wicked shot. So I would take CrackerJACK Birch over Hyland in the defensive midfield role and put Tinto infront of him, worked well vs Mexico IMO. We can play with three strikers and put hyland in the LM position.

The backline is a mess wont even start to even try to go there lol.... without Samuel to solidfy that rb position we kinda compromised....  Been impressed with out goalie..

If you look at German tactics, the use over lapping defenders alot and depend on a solid defensive style of play without a playermaker... only recently we seen muller included to change thier style of play which has worked out for them.

Edwards as Lb is like meh.. he is our attacking winger and he does it well. Why change that when there is no one good enough to fit that role ? The rest is elementary.

One more thing, i dont like the idea of Jones been captain, edwards or birch should wear the armband. He is just to shy and not outspoken on the pitch.. he is very quiet when he plays for tnt.

rolls royce is right back breds, samuel is left back

birch will play in the middle but i believe its a toss up between hyland and hector, tinto is in competition with thomson for the right wing

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »
Man arguing Sealey, Scottie and Birchall. How Jlloyd get call up?

Online Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 24, 2011, 04:16:42 PM »
HOLD ON, Primus pulls out, and we don't call a replacement?
I really don't know anything about Wolfe and Mitchell, but I thought they would call Yohance Marshall.
Wasn't Wolfe a winger?
The only bright spot in defense is James.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2011, 04:57:53 PM »
I really don't know anything about Wolfe and Mitchell, but I thought they would call Yohance Marshall.
Wasn't Wolfe a winger?

james and edwards are the bright spots in the backline for now

in all honesty we don't need the full backline to beat b'dos and bermuda

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2011, 05:09:48 PM »
Jamaica can easily play with 4 different teams. people who talking about players in champions league, don't worry yourself it wont be too long before we have not only one or two, but many. we currently have two players in Valencia academy.  we don't even need to call up old players like; fuller, Ricardo Gardner, Claud Davis etc.
Hard work is the key to success

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Wasn't Wolfe a winger?

Breds, gimme some of what ever yuh smoking nah. did you see bermuda the last time out?  well they ran fackin rings around hislop and tallest right in we back yard, and it didn't help that we had kareem smith and ancil farria as full backs either.

i was ah bit scared and ah bit nervous when J.LLoyd pulled out, but i'm even more nervous and scared that primus is a no show as well. lets face it bro, our defense is and has always been our frakinstein monster, and until we can sort that out, we will always concede some text book dotish a$$ goals.

up front we have world class strikers, jones , john, roberts. we are also solid in the middle with hyland edwards, birchall, hector, daniel. but that defense needs tuh tighten up, and right now the only class we have in the back line is julius james.

can't wait for cyrus to heal and have JLLoyd and hopefully J. hoyte on that right side of defense in the near future.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:40 PM »
Jamaica can easily play with 4 different teams. people who talking about players in champions league, don't worry yourself it wont be too long before we have not only one or two, but many. we currently have two players in Valencia academy.  we don't even need to call up old players like; fuller, Ricardo Gardner, Claud Davis etc.
Good for you! but until then, go sit yuh a$$ in ah corner and let grown folks talk.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:14:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
Wasn't Wolfe a winger?

Breds, gimme some of what ever yuh smoking nah. did you see bermuda the last time out?  well they ran fackin rings around hislop and tallest right in we back yard, and it didn't help that we had kareem smith and ancil farria as full backs either.

i was ah bit scared and ah bit nervous when J.LLoyd pulled out, but i'm even more nervous and scared that primus is a no show as well. lets face it bro, our defense is and has always been our frakinstein monster, and until we can sort that out, we will always concede some text book dotish a$$ goals.

up front we have world class strikers, jones , john, roberts. we are also solid in the middle with hyland edwards, birchall, hector, daniel. but that defense needs tuh tighten up, and right now the only class we have in the back line is julius james.

can't wait for cyrus to heal and have JLLoyd and hopefully J. hoyte on that right side of defense in the near future.

i know what happened last time

im not a bit worried, watch and see breds :beermug:

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 05:54:45 PM »
if the quality players we have at our disposal are of a similar mould, then we play a system that simply best leverages their abilities.

In the post prime Latapy era we have relied on our creativity coming from the flanks, i see with this crop it being no different.

I prefer we take the two best central midfielders we have based on form assessed by the coach, i dont care if they are both defensive minded, it just means their role is to shut down the opposition midfield and win posession to distribute to the flanks where we can create.

We win the midfield, we win the game. Plain and simple.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 05:56:01 PM »

Did you include THAT name just to taunt people like me, weary and brownsugar??? And FYI it's DANIEL Cyrus eh.. Dexter is a former national striker and now Assistant Coach at T&Tec FC.... On a serious note the back-up for left-back position would be Akeem Adams/Joevin Jones/Uriah Bentick... ALL U-23 players...other than that I agree wid ya.. I like the Coach's call-ups EXCEPT Clyde Leon! I would have brought back Collin Samuel instead... interesting to see WHO will play left-back? I suspect CARLOS... with James and Power in the middle and Thomson at right-back

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2011, 06:04:08 PM »
Palos

What I do u boi I have 2 run out of d stadium 2 get home and yuh want me 2 watch Akile b4 I do that. WHAT AH DO U?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »

Did you include THAT name just to taunt people like me, weary and brownsugar??? And FYI it's DANIEL Cyrus eh.. Dexter is a former national striker and now Assistant Coach at T&Tec FC.... On a serious note the back-up for left-back position would be Akeem Adams/Joevin Jones/Uriah Bentick... ALL U-23 players...other than that I agree wid ya.. I like the Coach's call-ups EXCEPT Clyde Leon! I would have brought back Collin Samuel instead... interesting to see WHO will play left-back? I suspect CARLOS... with James and Power in the middle and Thomson at right-back

thomson won't play right back, i believe he has only played there once before

he will be in contention for right wing with edwards at right back, they may gamble and play wolfe at left back and power and james in the center

i guess we will see, its better to have options than have none  :beermug:

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2011, 06:23:16 PM »
listen...blow de frigging whistle..play de fitball ..and give me my 6 points please.

also..someone please print the starting 11 ( and subs) from that last Bermuda match when they won...thanks

tnt tnt tnt tnt tnt

and yea..nearly forgot...F#CK Jamaica
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2011, 06:23:52 PM »
Palos

What I do u boi I have 2 run out of d stadium 2 get home and yuh want me 2 watch Akile b4 I do that. WHAT AH DO U?

excuse palos weary, the fall season is coming and the cold weather up north is numbing his brain

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2011, 06:25:19 PM »
Cyrus Injured, Primus Injured, Samuel excused, Marshall not active enough with his new club, Jovin Jones on a ban from selection for breaking curfew

When these players come back our defense along with Juilas, Power and maybe Carlos or Jake as the RB will be as strong a Defense since 2006

Back 4 for me vs Bermuda...

Jake...James..Power...Adams  

major doubts over Adams though.. hopefully he can come good

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
also..someone please print the starting 11 ( and subs) from that last Bermuda match when they won...thanks

Clayton Ince
Makan Hislop
Dennis Lawrence
Kareem Smith (75' Stephan David)
Osei Telesford
Keon Daniel
Carlos Edwards
Khaleem Hyland (46' Ancil Farrier)
Aurtis Whitley (capt.)
Stern John
Jason Scotland

Unused subs:
Jan-Michael Williams
Kern Cupid
Keyeno Thomas
Hayden Tinto
Darryl Roberts
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:40:22 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
Cyrus Injured, Primus Injured, Samuel excused, Marshall not active enough with his new club, Jovin Jones on a ban from selection for breaking curfew

When these players come back our defense along with Juilas, Power and maybe Carlos or Jake as the RB will be as strong a Defense since 2006

Back 4 for me vs Bermuda...

Jake...James..Power...Adams  

major doubts over Adams though.. hopefully he can come good

jake ain't playing right back, edwards will play right back and tinto and jake will fight for the right wing position

jake has limited experience in the right back role, i wouldn't slot him into a wcq on his first game back to the national team when edwards has been playing the wing back position on the regular in england

wolfe ....... james......power.....edwards

as wolfe has experience i bet pfister will opt to play him and gamble with him on the left

bookmark this post...

Warner
Wolfe
James
Power
Edwards
Daniel
Birchall
Hyland/Hector
Thomson/Tinto
Jones
Roberts

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:32:05 PM by Controversial »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
T&T may be weakest on the left defense, therefore playing Birch on the center left (as opposed to center right) to strengthen the weak left defense might be a helpful strategy
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2011, 06:35:55 PM »
thanks Tallman
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2011, 06:39:03 PM »
T&T may be weakest on the left defense, therefore playing Birch on the center left (as opposed to center right) to strengthen the weak left defense might be a helpful strategy

without samuel we are weak on the left, thats why i placed birchall on centre left to stop the transition through the left side

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2011, 06:45:52 PM »

Typically when you providing cover for a weak wide defense, it's your wide players that provide that cover.  The central defensive midfielders typically protect the defence, as in the central defence....not wide.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2011, 06:53:01 PM »

Typically when you providing cover for a weak wide defense, it's your wide players that provide that cover.  The central defensive midfielders typically protect the defence, as in the central defence....not wide.

True enough Palos. . .but if we're gonna use Keon Daniel, he isn't particularly strong in covering ground and defending either, hence the switch with Birch.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2011, 07:36:19 PM »

Jlloyd Samuels (left wing back) - Akile Edwards as backup  :nailbiting:

True dat, but... ah gettin Nashville flashbacks.  :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Akile Edwards ... lol.  Now that was funny :rotfl:

1]; } ?>