April 25, 2024, 09:01:22 PM

Author Topic: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships  (Read 61915 times)

AirMan

Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:34 PM »
I will post all updates concerning T&T athletes at the tournament in here. Championships will be hosted in Daegu, Korea from 27th August to 4th September.

Official Site..http://www.daegu2011.org/do/front/main/en

Please post any live links to the championships and i will update this post with them.

Live links

http://www.tv6tnt.tv/TV6_Brightcove/default2.html

http://linkupvideos.com/watch/bb65a3a4aceac37e2101/2011-iaaf-world-championship-live-stream

http://www.universalsports.com/track-and-field/events/event=US0302094/viewers-guide/index.html?__source=GADW&cid=trackandfieldworldchamps&gclid=CNmwmOyK7aoCFQQI2godPl9oNg

T&T Squad

Men
100m: Richard Thompson – Keston Bledman – Aaron Armstrong
200m: Rondell Sorrillo- Emmanuel Callender
400m: Renny Quow – Zwede Hewitt
400m Hurdles: Jehue Gordon
4x100 Relay Pool: Richard Thompson – Keston Bledman – Aaaron Armstrong – Marc Burns – Emmanuel Callender – Rondell Sorrillo
4x400 Relay Pool: Renny Quow – Zwede Hewitt – Jarrin Solomon – Jovon Toppin – Deon Lendore – Jehue Gordon

Women
100m: Kelly-Ann Baptiste – Semoy Hackette – Michelle Lee Ahye
200m: Semoy Hackette – Kai Selvon
Shot Put: Cleopatra Borel Brown
Triple Jump: Ayanna Alexander
4x100 Relay Pool: Kelly-Ann Baptiste – Semoy Hackette – Kai Selvon – Michelle Lee Ahye – Reyare Thomas – Ayanna Hutchinson

Officials
Team Manager: Dexter Voisin
Coaches: Dr. Ian Hypolite – Edwin Skinner – Gunness Persad
Team Doctor: Dr. Anil Goopeesingh
Massage Therapist: David Cumberbatch – Zephirinus Nicholas
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:12:32 PM by AirMan »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
I will post all updates concerning T&T athletes at the tournament in here. Championships will be hosted in Daegu, Korea from 27th August to 4th September.

Please post any live links to the championships and i will update this post with them.

T&T Squad

Men
200m: Rondell Sorrillo - Emmanuel Callender
4x100 Relay Pool: Richard Thompson – Keston Bledman – Aaaron Armstrong – Marc Burns – Emmanuel Callender – Rondell Sorrillo
4x400 Relay Pool: Renny Quow – Zwede Hewitt – Jarrin Solomon – Jovon Toppin – Deon Lendore – Jehue Gordon

Women
4x100 Relay Pool: Kelly-Ann Baptiste – Semoy Hackette – Kai Selvon – Michelle Lee Ahye – Reyare Thomas – Ayanna Hutchinson

Officials

Unless the IAAF made an error, I believe Emmanuel Callender has also been entered into the 200m as a 'B' standard qualifier for T&T with a season's best time of 20.67 so you may need to add him to your T&T 200m Entry List above.

You can go here to confirm: http://www.iaaf.org/mm/Document/06/12/02/61202_PDF_English.pdf
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:06:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
Wish all our athletes success. This is when it matters the most.

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 08:57:33 PM »
Best of luck to ALL our athletes!!! Hope all the hard work pays off... Anything other than match sticks to keep my eyes open at work in the coming days? Time difference will have me burning the midnight oil. Word!! ;D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 11:22:57 PM »
the times they are showing the track events is jumbie hours

5:45am, 4:45 am for the mens 100m final

3am for the 4x100 relay and final at 5am

those times are early, will have to sleep real early to see them run

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 11:29:53 PM »

T&T Squad

Men

Women

Officials

who is bringing the coverage live? NBC?

truetrini

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 07:42:56 AM »
well since Powqell out we chances got better...although they saying he could still run the relays!

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 08:27:50 AM »
well since Powqell out we chances got better...although they saying he could still run the relays!

If when you say "our" you are talking about the relay, then our chances have not improved at all.  Jam is very deep and the addition actually make their team a lot like the WR team from Beijing. However RT chances of a medal has improved.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:57:58 AM »

If when you say "our" you are talking about the relay, then our chances have not improved at all.  Jam is very deep and the addition actually make their team a lot like the WR team from Beijing. However RT chances of a medal has improved.

If RT can beat Blake in the final (assuming all goes to plan and he makes it) then he will definitely medal!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org//newslistdetail.aspx?id=61272

Thursday, August 25, 2011
Injury sidelines Powell from 100m - Daegu 2011

Daegu, Korea - A nagging groin injury has forced world leader Asafa Powell to withdraw from the 100m at the IAAF World Championships which get underway on Saturday (27).

A statement from Doyle Management, the firm which represents Powell, read: "Asafa Powell has officially withdrawn from the 100m event in Daegu citing a continued groin strain. Powell suffered a groin strain in Budapest on July 30 and has had recurring tightness and pain ever since."

"After Budapest, Asafa missed eight days of training before he could attempt to sprint again. When he returned to the track he was able to sprint but it caused the groin to flare up."

"He has received all sorts of treatments over the past two weeks in the hope of being prepared to run the 100m here in Daegu but today Asafa made the final decision not to run. He feels he would not be at 100% and may have trouble coming back after each round."

"Asafa is very disappointed to say the least. He was really hoping to be able to run in what was going to be one of the most anticipated races of the championships. He is still optimistic to be able to run the relay."

Powell, the former 100m World record holder and bronze medallist in the event at the 2007 and 2009 World Championships, was the fastest man this season at 9.78.

Bob Ramsak and Press Association Sport for the IAAF
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 12:00:21 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 11:57:50 AM »
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org//newslistdetail.aspx?id=61276

Thursday, August 25, 2011
Bolt on sprint title defence: ‘I’m focused and I’m ready now’

Daegu, Korea - As he prepares to defend the first of his World titles here over 100 metres, Usain Bolt has emphasised his determination to repeat his victory, if not his time, of two years ago.

The World 100 and 200m champion, appearing with other Jamaican athletes in front of a packed media throng in the Daeduk Cultural Centre just two days before competition begins in the 100m, was happy to agree with Tyson Gay’s reported prediction that he would win again in Daegu because of his “championship pedigree.”

“I proved it twice so I guess he knows what he’s talking about,” Bolt responded with a grin, before turning more serious.

“At Championships I believe I am much more focused,” he said. “Even when I’ve not been doing well in training, and I’ve been messing up, when it comes to a championship I have a real focus because I want it really bad.

“And now I want it even more because I want to be a legend. I’ve been working this week. I’m focused and I’m ready so - I’m going to get it done.”

But Bolt was non-committal when it was mentioned to him that his friend and rival Asafa Powell, who heads this year’s world lists with a time of 9.78, was out of the World Championships – it later transpired, with a recurrence of the groin injury which prevented him running in the Samsung Diamond League meeting in London.

“Asafa is out?” said Bolt. “This is the first I’m hearing about that. I can’t really answer that question. I saw Asafa yesterday, so I don’t know.”

Bolt, who has only managed a relatively conservative 9.88s this season, 0.30 slower than the World record he set in Berlin two years ago, said he was regarding this season as “a comeback season”, adding: “I’m coming back from injury and I’m working really hard to get back into tip-top shape. So I don’t think I’m in 9.5 shape, but I definitely will be able to run fast.

“I wouldn’t say it was more difficult to win than in 2009, although there’s a lot of guys running fast, and I’m not in tip-top shape which I was in Berlin.

But I think I’m focused and I’m ready now.”

Asked if he felt under pressure to break records every time he ran because of what he had done in the past, Bolt responded: “I think people expect a lot from me. Personally I am focused on winning. To me, pressure is always there. It was there even before I won my first gold medal. But I don’t look at it as pressure.  I just look at it as ‘everyone wants the best from me’, so I just go ahead and do my race.”

Bolt insisted that his ambition of becoming a ‘legend’ of the sport by retaining the titles he won in Beijing and Berlin was “very important” to him.

“A lot of people have said that I am a legend, but I don’t look at it like that,” he said, adding with a grin: “But, in two years, I’m working on it...

“Other people have won championships and other people have broken records. But only a few people have repeated that year in, year out. Especially in the sprints it’s really hard to win and come back four years after that. But I’ve said before that that’s what it’s going to take to become a legend.”

He dismissed the suggestion that he had been receiving treatment in Daegu for an injured Achilles tendon.

“Injury? No such thing,” he said. “Us athletes, we get pains every day. Your back, your leg…so then it’s put some ice on it, and I’m good again. I’m great now.

I’m fine. For me it’s just about getting back into shape. Fitness-wise I’m good. Technique – I’m almost there. I wouldn’t say it was 100 per cent, but I’m happy.”

Mike Rowbottom for the IAAF

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 12:05:24 PM »
Startlists now available - Daegu 2011

Daegu, Korea - Startists for the opening day (27 August) of the IAAF World Championships are now available.

Go here: http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=08-27-2011

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
BORN TO DO IT

AirMan

AirMan

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

T&T Squad

Men

Women

Officials

who is bringing the coverage live? NBC?

According to this site NBC and Universal Sports will combine for more than 45 hours to bring live coverage..
 http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/25/nbc-sports-and-universal-sports-combine-for-more-than-45-hours-of-coverage-of-the-2011-track-field-world-championships/101404/

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 05:48:29 PM »
TONIGHT 8:45 PM on TV6 LIVE COVERAGE
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »
TONIGHT 8:45 PM on TV6 LIVE COVERAGE

Thank yuh sir  :beermug:  (thread updated with this link)

anyone has more links for television coverage ?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 06:53:07 PM »
I seeing they showing Lost still. They better bring it, they say so during the sports cast.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 07:06:02 PM »
WTH !!! TV6
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 07:11:54 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 07:39:05 PM »
none of these things working for me.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »
now tv6 say its 8:45am tomorrow morning stueps
Youtube Channel

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Got another link..and this one working for me

http://linkupvideos.com/watch/bb65a3a4aceac37e2101/2011-iaaf-world-championship-live-stream

This one is the one I was using all along. Working perfectly but glad TV6 decided to bring some coverage

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
Wow...the Kenyan woman who won gold in the marathon is 41! That's gr8!!! 8):beermug:

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 09:04:18 PM »
Wow...the Kenyan woman who won gold in the marathon is 41! That's gr8!!! 8):beermug:

Didn't they say 31?

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:32 PM »

Didn't they say 31?

I stand corrected...thought i heard 41..sry folks :-[

truetrini

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
RT thirs to Collins in 10.34  steups, why he give heself that lane in the semis???

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:10 AM »
These British commentators are so uninformed, my God - spewing excrement.
Why are they there? Because of their british accent?

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:51 AM »
These British commentators are so uninformed, my God - spewing excrement.
Why are they there? Because of their british accent?

what is so bad with their commentary?

1]; } ?>