April 25, 2024, 07:26:48 PM

Author Topic: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships  (Read 61909 times)

truetrini

Re: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« Reply #180 on: August 28, 2011, 06:24:19 AM »
laff now, but why is it everytime we nationa trials come along we have super fast times that are NOT replicated?   Things to make you go hmmmm

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 28, 2011, 06:27:30 AM »
Boy, allyuh could turn on a man real quick boy, from yes RT nice run in 9.85 to give back AB his record.
Come on!!! Allyuh men analyze and over analyze the T&T race to say who ran to their ability and the distance RT had on the competition to verify the time, now the track to short, the timing wrong.

Look it is nice and warm in T&T, men had home cooking, supportive crowd and a new fast track, the time was legit. Daegu is different, headwind, humid, track not as fast, guys probably not well prepared like the Jamaicans, French, and US athletes.

It is what it is.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:35:40 AM by STMB »

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »

Still waiting for the IOC to give him his 100m Gold from Sydney! And the NAAA should do the honourable thing and give him back his National Record!

I agree!!

And re-install the timing system in the HCS
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

truetrini

« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2011, 06:38:30 AM »
hahahaha I not turning on anyone.  I have been questioning those times in our National Trials for a while and was booed, cussed, reported to Flex etc. because of it.

Thanks very much.

Looking at the Richard race it seems that he may have had a legit time, the distance and the times by the other runners suggest such.

However it begs the question STILL...why we have trouble replicating the times???

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2011, 06:39:03 AM »
laff now, but why is it everytime we nationa trials come along we have super fast times that are NOT replicated?   Things to make you go hmmmm

I always ask that same question even with the junior athletes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2011, 06:50:25 AM »
hahahaha I not turning on anyone.  I have been questioning those times in our National Trials for a while and was booed, cussed, reported to Flex etc. because of it.

Thanks very much.

Looking at the Richard race it seems that he may have had a legit time, the distance and the times by the other runners suggest such.

However it begs the question STILL...why we have trouble replicating the times???

1. Nobody complaining about the legitimacy of the TT women times, and they have reproduced them so far in Daegu
2. Who knows what kind of quality prep facilities and camp TT had (or as I suspect didn't have) there.

As the Jehue fiasco goes, I am fairly sure the team managers did not walk through the entire prep and performance phases for the games to reduce the risk of the athletes being "flat" and underperforming.

Who here who has run for T&T can attest to the "deer in the headlights" approach of our officials once we get to the games village in terms of knowledge of training facilities access, etc.

I am sure some nonsense went down in the team's preparations.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 06:52:12 AM by STMB »

truetrini

« Reply #186 on: August 28, 2011, 07:21:22 AM »
Could be very true.  They real sorry and shitty

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 28, 2011, 07:49:16 AM »
The silver lining is that we now have 3 very fresh, talented and hopefully "pissed off at themselves" T&T 100m athletes, who complemented by MB, RS and EC will atone themselves later next week.

Jamaica is ever strong but without Mullings and a less than 100% Powell and Carter who knows?
The US is without Tyson Gay, and well frankly they aint the power they used to be.
France however is looking threatening as they usually have good stick, and now 2 finalist.

Let's get past this and support the women and Rene Quow tomorrow, we have a lot else to look forward to.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 28, 2011, 07:51:54 AM »
The silver lining is that we now have 3 very fresh, talented and hopefully "pissed off at themselves" T&T 100m athletes, who complemented by MB, RS and EC will atone themselves later next week.

Jamaica is ever strong but without Mullings and a less than 100% Powell and Carter who knows?
The US is without Tyson Gay, and well frankly they aint the power they used to be.
France however is looking threatening as they usually have good stick, and now 2 finalist.

Let's get past this and support the women and Rene Quow tomorrow, we have a lot else to look forward to.

:beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2011, 08:05:15 AM »
Express reported Yohan Blake won the 100. Bolt get disqualified. RT and Bleds out in the semis.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:07:34 AM by Deeks »

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2011, 08:20:33 AM »
Well Richard had a GLORIOUS chance at medaling...wow!  What a thing.    

I blaming goat mout Ato Boldon...lol he called this shit months ago....

Sorry to tell you that T&T time eh mean ah shit

for real? ;D

RT 9.85 looking bogus as hell.  bledman 9.93 was on another bogus track.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2011, 08:31:24 AM »
Well Richard had a GLORIOUS chance at medaling...wow!  What a thing.    

I blaming goat mout Ato Boldon...lol he called this shit months ago....

Sorry to tell you that T&T time eh mean ah shit

RT 9.85 looking bogus as hell.  bledman 9.93 was on another bogus track.

I hope allyuh eat sting -a-nettle when London time come.
for real? ;D

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2011, 09:12:12 AM »
9.85? hmmm
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2011, 09:21:19 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/fWJqPGO-i38" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/fWJqPGO-i38</a>

100m finals. Kim had it there for a while. glad for d old man

hard luck bolt  :)
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2011, 09:27:51 AM »
Why all the ridicule- where's the support for those who with pride represent us time after time. He went out there and did the best he could on THAT DAY.  Same to Keston- only a blind person couldn't see that Richard had a horrible start yet managed to still get back to 3rd. Now all he has to do is build on this experience and get the consistency. If he remains injury free he will be better prepared for London. You could see in TnT his start was great and he had great form so I DON'T believe that the 9.85 is questionable it's just a matter of transferring the form to worlds. Having champs 2 weeks before did not help the situation and the apparent naivete of some of our officials does not help either.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2011, 09:56:22 AM »
Why all the ridicule- where's the support for those who with pride represent us time after time. He went out there and did the best he could on THAT DAY.  Same to Keston- only a blind person couldn't see that Richard had a horrible start yet managed to still get back to 3rd. Now all he has to do is build on this experience and get the consistency. If he remains injury free he will be better prepared for London. You could see in TnT his start was great and he had great form so I DON'T believe that the 9.85 is questionable it's just a matter of transferring the form to worlds. Having champs 2 weeks before did not help the situation and the apparent naivete of some of our officials does not help either.

Well said.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
OK....OK....I reaaaallll late....yesterday morning I listening to some commentary in the car from the games and it was the heats.....Richard was in....between that time and now.....Richard eh reach the Finals??!!  Damn!!   :o :o
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2011, 11:55:59 AM »

u forget to mention run some 200s, as for building on experience he needs to talk to kim collins who old as ato.. ;D

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 28, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
Having champs 2 weeks before did not help the situation and the apparent naivete of some of our officials does not help either.

You know i laughed earlier at a comment to give back Ato his record but trust me i needed the medicine of laughter at that time. On a serious note I think the problem lay in the above red quotation. Ato said it...the time of our trials would jeopardize our medal hopes and that it did. I don't think anything wrong wit d clock at HCS. Added to what  STMB said...

1. Nobody complaining about the legitimacy of the TT women times, and they have reproduced them so far in Daegu
2. Who knows what kind of quality prep facilities and camp TT had (or as I suspect didn't have) there.

As the Jehue fiasco goes, I am fairly sure the team managers did not walk through the entire prep and performance phases for the games to reduce the risk of the athletes being "flat" and underperforming.

Who here who has run for T&T can attest to the "deer in the headlights" approach of our officials once we get to the games village in terms of knowledge of training facilities access, etc.

I am sure some nonsense went down in the team's preparations.

...there was  also the travelling to take into consideration after having exerted so much so close Worlds. Those long trips do take away from some athletes and they take a while to feel 100%. KAB is one such athlete and she knew she wouldn't be able to cope with the rounds after it. That trip should have been the only thing our athletes had to recuperate from. No matter what form anyone is in 9.85 WILL take a toll, then South Korea ent no short trip to take a day or two right after. I'm sorry about how things turned out for RT,KB and AA but what could we expect? Let's see how the relays go. Hope the NAAA learn from this. We in a reaallll mess

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

I always ask that same question even with the junior athletes

You HAVE to wonder.

This is why immediately after the news, I asked if the Electronic board was used and if the IAAF recognizes the times. This is not the first time.

If it was about home cooking and warm weather then Ato should of run in TT more often ;-)

I am not dissing RT but I am a little suspicious of these national Champs times in TT. The consistency before and after is not always there.

Having said that, Kudos to the J'cans. There number 1 and 2  were out and they STILL win the World Championship. That is truly depth and class.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
My comment about giving back Ato his record was made in half jest hence the ;D face.

However it was more obvious to the naked eye that the Richard Thompson we saw in Port of Spain was NOT the one we saw anywhere else this year. No knee lift, no power being applied to the track, no acceleration..

Let's look at the performance of Sorillo who was the other guy with an amazing performance at Trials.

BTW just on a point of order. I read above about the legitimacy of the times of our women as proof of TT Times being valid. All our women achieved their PBs and SBs going into these games outside of Trinidad so their performances cannot be used to defend TT Trials

Regardless we are the laughing stock of the track world now and quite frankly we are lucky that Bolt's DQ stole the attention from hardcore track fans in the various message boards and chat rooms. The dominant theme between semis and finals was the validity of the times being run in Trinidad.

We are too developed a nation to have a timing system showing up a 100m time as 9.46 and rounding up to 9.85. THAT is an embarrassment anyway you cut it and would NEVER happen if we invest in the best possible system and if our NAAA had ambition they would acquire the VERY best Timing Systems.

The comments some of our track officials make within earshot of people like me about their joy in knocking Ato's record off the books doesn't do anything to convince me that there aren't people with ulterior motives in influential places either. And I aint half joking about THAT statement! Hence my earlier comment

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2011, 03:16:56 PM »
My comment about giving back Ato his record was made in half jest hence the ;D face.

However it was more obvious to the naked eye that the Richard Thompson we saw in Port of Spain was NOT the one we saw anywhere else this year. No knee lift, no power being applied to the track, no acceleration..

Let's look at the performance of Sorillo who was the other guy with an amazing performance at Trials.

BTW just on a point of order. I read above about the legitimacy of the times of our women as proof of TT Times being valid. All our women achieved their PBs and SBs going into these games outside of Trinidad so their performances cannot be used to defend TT Trials

Regardless we are the laughing stock of the track world now and quite frankly we are lucky that Bolt's DQ stole the attention from hardcore track fans in the various message boards and chat rooms. The dominant theme between semis and finals was the validity of the times being run in Trinidad.

We are too developed a nation to have a timing system showing up a 100m time as 9.46 and rounding up to 9.85. THAT is an embarrassment anyway you cut it and would NEVER happen if we invest in the best possible system and if our NAAA had ambition they would acquire the VERY best Timing Systems.

The comments some of our track officials make within earshot of people like me about their joy in knocking Ato's record off the books doesn't do anything to convince me that there aren't people with ulterior motives in influential places either. And I aint half joking about THAT statement! Hence my earlier comment

What about TT based MLA and her new PB of 11.20?? KAB will most likely run at her capacity tomorrow and I expect SH to do the same to advance.

Whenever do you hear in other countries (Guatemala, Zimbabwe, wherever) about people questioning the timing system and if the IAAF sanctions it?? Steups.

It's a clock and a camera, and as one said a rep from Lynx was there. What allyuh think it was, obeah?? Even if the trackside clock displayed 9.46 the accurate time was captured and published. If ever there was a HUMAN discrepancy it MAY be in the wind reading to go with the time.

In any case I think you all are looking for answers in the wrong place for the sprinters' poor showing.

AirMan

« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2011, 03:20:48 PM »
STMB Right now most of us are concerned about the FAILURE of our male 100m athletes to reach the final. We not talking about the women. Sugoarcoating the problem does not solve anything. I am fed up with Trinbagonians accepting mediocracy after the fact. Richard disappointed, Bledman disappointed and Armstrong disapointed and their fans have a right to let them know !

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2011, 03:57:14 PM »

What about TT based MLA and her new PB of 11.20?? KAB will most likely run at her capacity tomorrow and I expect SH to do the same to advance.

Whenever do you hear in other countries (Guatemala, Zimbabwe, wherever) about people questioning the timing system and if the IAAF sanctions it?? Steups.

It's a clock and a camera, and as one said a rep from Lynx was there. What allyuh think it was, obeah?? Even if the trackside clock displayed 9.46 the accurate time was captured and published. If ever there was a HUMAN discrepancy it MAY be in the wind reading to go with the time.

In any case I think you all are looking for answers in the wrong place for the sprinters' poor showing.

The "TT Based' MLA ran her previous PB of 11.22 at Pan Am Juniors in Florida....not Trinidad. And track fans have questioned time all over the world before...not just Trinidad. This morning there was a joke about twinning Port of Spain, Trinidad and Eugene, Oregon :rotfl:

Everybody is entitled to their opinion but anybody who has no problem with the trackside clock displaying 9.46 clearly doesn't have the same ambition for T&T Athletics that I have. Yuh serious?!
That's like saying no problem if de Queens Park Oval scoreboard say Kieron Pollard made 401 runs when he really have 104. Or the Scoreboard at HCS shoulda say last week we beat India 8-0. No problems...the referee had de real score. See how ridiculous that is?

The Ministry of Sport just invested in our first Class One Track...one they boasted was the best in the region. I really hope they didn't spend 9million of taxpayers dollars on a track just to host Hampton Games. In fact I'd like to think that investment was made so T&T can host CARIFTA Games, Pan Am Juniors, World Youth, World Juniors, CAC Seniors, IAAF Grand Prix meets, etc.

You think we getting to host those meets when we rounding up 100m times by four tenths?! I don't know bout some ah allyuh but I love Trinidad and Tobago and I love track and field. And is time we have some damn AMBITION!

If we could afford to spend 9million on a Porplastic Track when Mondo was giving we for less than 6 Million then we could spend on a top of the line Meet Management System that gives us the athletes time as soon as they cross the line. Not interested in settling for second best!

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2011, 06:14:22 PM »
Well them officials you overheard sure showed me didn't they!
BORN TO DO IT

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2011, 07:27:17 PM »
STMB Right now most of us are concerned about the FAILURE of our male 100m athletes to reach the final. We not talking about the women. Sugoarcoating the problem does not solve anything. I am fed up with Trinbagonians accepting mediocracy after the fact. Richard disappointed, Bledman disappointed and Armstrong disapointed and their fans have a right to let them know !

Who's sugarcoating? Who's accepting mediocracy? The best you all could come up with for the poor showing of sprinters is that the timing system at TT national champs was faulty? And I am the one sugarcoating? Like you didn't read right. What I said was instead of blaming the clock (discounted argument based on the fact that the women have reproduced their TT times in the same track and same clock as the men) let's dig further to find out why the men were so unprepared when it counted. Read nah!!! Then think of a true solution, not talking crap.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:11 PM »
Well them officials you overheard sure showed me didn't they!

LOL! Is a good ting you didn't blast them publicly (on your own website message board :rotfl:) like in 2005.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2011, 08:58:05 PM »
Jehue Gordon just easily qualified for the semi-final. Was second to Bershawn Jackson in 49.90.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 28, 2011, 09:41:34 PM »
The crowd turn-out is disappointing

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 28, 2011, 09:49:59 PM »
Jehue Gordon just easily qualified for the semi-final. Was second to Bershawn Jackson in 49.90.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS3uhbZa-i0

1]; } ?>