April 25, 2024, 01:35:27 AM

Author Topic: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships  (Read 61851 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2011, 11:07:31 AM »
Men in here sure, sure after 1 round. I picked Bolt 3rd and the guy I picked to win is out. that moves Bolt to 2nd, no?

Did he look great? Yes. Is it a done deal? Well, if all yuh feel so....

.....but it doh work so.

Yea "it doh work so", but i will ask you if Bolt is level with the field at 60m, which will more than likey happen if he keeps starting the way he did in that prelim, who is going to out run him in that last segment??????
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »
well boy today is judgement day for our 100m men

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »
Men in here sure, sure after 1 round. I picked Bolt 3rd and the guy I picked to win is out. that moves Bolt to 2nd, no?

Did he look great? Yes. Is it a done deal? Well, if all yuh feel so....

.....but it doh work so.

Yea "it doh work so", but i will ask you if Bolt is level with the field at 60m, which will more than likey happen if he keeps starting the way he did in that prelim, who is going to out run him in that last segment??????

If Bolt keeps starting like that then its all over come the final!
He may even do a low 9.6x once he goes all out, yes I said it!!

RT may need to run close to or to equal his personal best to make the final from his semi, definite sub-10 will be required from him!!
Then if he makes the final we'll have to hope & prayer that he will have enough left in the tank in the final to press for a medal!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:47:52 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »
Which is why they run. Also, who did he run against in that heat again? lol
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2011, 11:29:07 AM »
Richard's quarter-final

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2HTGi7zMPHs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/2HTGi7zMPHs</a>

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2011, 11:31:59 AM »
Which is why they run. Also, who did he run against in that heat again? lol

You are very correct with the first part of your statement. As for who he ran against is pretty much immaterial, when talking about Bolt. Who is around him, has no effect on his techinal execution. That would have been a better talking point if it was Powell.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
Bledos

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ch4_0qqVh_U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Ch4_0qqVh_U</a>

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
Bolt's Quater final! He won that too easy, practically walked over the line at the end!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/W8AVNnLD78s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/W8AVNnLD78s</a>

Bolt interview after his quarter-final!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/uvLqJy080O4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/uvLqJy080O4</a>
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:18:58 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
Thanks for the videos Aviator  :beermug: keep them coming..

dem British commentators have me on meh feet with their commentary

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2011, 12:12:50 PM »
If Bledman gets a good start he could make that final. Must say, I think he looked better than Thompson.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 12:16:28 PM »
Real weak hearts on dis forum yes !! RT for me !! Allyuh take the rest of the field if it go make allyuh feel better .

How many of you saw Richard at the stadium ? Well I was there and it left an indelible memory ...., The man is the fastest runner according to times in this event for this year ...he is in to the next round ...man still doubting ...

all ah dem fellas was big noise last  last olympics no ? ..and all yuh want to give pips to some newbies ...this is big games folks ...like all yuh eh pass thru we airport lately or what ...Is ah big photo of Richard it have dey ...let de jamaicans praise their hero ...I will praise mine ...Richard I eh know if yuh reading this but you have One unwavering supporter here ....,. get the gold bro ...get de gold !

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2011, 12:26:10 PM »
Real weak hearts on dis forum yes !! RT for me !! Allyuh take the rest of the field if it go make allyuh feel better .

How many of you saw Richard at the stadium ? Well I was there and it left an indelible memory ...., The man is the fastest runner according to times in this event for this year ...he is in to the next round ...man still doubting ...

all ah dem fellas was big noise last  last olympics no ? ..and all yuh want to give pips to some newbies ...this is big games folks ...like all yuh eh pass thru we airport lately or what ...Is ah big photo of Richard it have dey ...let de jamaicans praise their hero ...I will praise mine ...Richard I eh know if yuh reading this but you have One unwavering supporter here ....,. get the gold bro ...get de gold !

:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2011, 12:27:31 PM »

Let’s talk that "Get the Gold talk" if/when RT makes the final!!

Remember nothing is guaranteed and loads of other athletes have run sub-10s this year not just Richard!
He needs to run his 'A' race to make the final from his semi, let’s hope he does!

Bledman will also need to run his 'A' race to make the final, and if both Richard and him run their 'A' races then you never know, we could still have two Trinis in the final, that would be nice!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:29:34 PM by Socapro »

AirMan

« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2011, 12:31:39 PM »
I am expecting Richard to make final..he is in form and has been at this stage of global championships more than once in the past, so this is not new to him.
The real test is "Will Richard Thompsn medal?"..I want him to medal, and i am supporting him for gold. However I did expect better from him in the quarterfinal.

Armstrong was a disappointment ..

..and if Bledman makes final with a PB then he would have improved ..and he will also taking his career in the right direction. However Thompson is at a point in his career where anything less than a medal is a disappointment in my opinion
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 12:50:48 PM by AirMan »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2011, 12:43:42 PM »
Yeah best of luck for RT and KB.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 27, 2011, 12:48:52 PM »
Why T&T (and most caribbean islands) dont produce alot of medal contending field athletes at these global events ? We only had few over the years. Seems like we put alot of focus on track development and not field development. Not every youth can run fast, some can jump high and jump far too.

As far as i can remember Cuba has always had field athletes right up there competing with the rest of the world

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2011, 01:04:43 PM »
bolt looked great.  blake isthe only man who has the tools and form to beat bolt in these games.

the real battle is for bronze, assuming they make the finals it will be dix (run rounds well), gatlin (experience although i doubt he making de finals, makusha might take care of him), lemaitre, RT, carter, and frater.  RT heat will be real pace.

i doubt both bledman and RT making the finals.  Only one of them will get through but i hope i am wrong.

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:43 PM »
My point about who was in the race is that sometimes the illusion of pulling away can be skewed when it's a bunch of ducks in there. Anyhow

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/27/us-athletics-world-sprinters-idUSTRE77Q0XB20110827
BORN TO DO IT

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
Any idea when the startlist for tomorrow's semis are published?  :beermug:

Bolt looked amazing (especially the start) today, but as Wyclef said "say what, say what, anything can happen"

All the best to RT and KB tomorrow!  :beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2011, 01:59:18 PM »
Highlights from today on UK's Channel 4.

http://athletics.channel4.com/watch-now/live/index.html

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2011, 02:00:24 PM »
In the words of C&C Music Factory "Here we go"

100 Metres - M   Semi-Final
first 2 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified.
WR 9.58 Bolt Usain (JAM) - Berlin, 16/08/2009
Heat 1
Sunday 28 August 2011 - 18:30

Lane    Bib    Athlete    Country    2011    PB
1    168    Andrew Hinds    [BARBADOS] BAR    10.14    10.03
2    349    Ángel David Rodríguez    [SPAIN] ESP    10.25    10.14
3    587    Yohan Blake    [JAMAICA] JAM    9.95    9.89
4    424    Jimmy Vicaut    [FRANCE] FRA    10.07    10.07
5    1073    Walter Dix    [UNITED STATES] USA    9.94    9.88
6    434    Dwain Chambers    [GREAT BRITAIN & N.I.] GBR    10.01    9.97
7    1007    Keston Bledman    [trINIDAD AND TOBAGO] TRI    9.93    9.93
8    111    Daniel Bailey    [ANTIGUA & BARBUDA] ANT    9.97    9.91

Heat 2
Sunday 28 August 2011 - 18:38
1    836    Dariusz Kuc    [POLAND] POL    10.15    10.15
2    437    Marlon Devonish    [GREAT BRITAIN & N.I.] GBR    10.14    10.06
3    588    Usain Bolt    [JAMAICA] JAM    9.88    9.58
4    593    Michael Frater    [JAMAICA] JAM    9.88    9.88
5    413    Christophe Lemaitre    [FRANCE] FRA    9.92    9.92
6    1091    Trell Kimmons    [UNITED STATES] USA    10.04    9.95
7    1016    Richard Thompson    [trINIDAD AND TOBAGO] TRI    9.85    9.85
8    801    Jaysuma Saidy Ndure    [NORWAY] NOR    9.99    9.99

Heat 3
Sunday 28 August 2011 - 18:46
1    752    Aziz Ouhadi    [MOROCCO] MAR    10.09    10.09
2    229    Justyn Warner    [CANADA] CAN    10.15    10.15
3    589    Nesta Carter    [JAMAICA] JAM    9.90    9.78
4    429    Harry Aikines-Aryeetey    [GREAT BRITAIN & N.I.] GBR    10.13    10.10
5    941    Kim Collins    [SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS] SKN    10.05    9.98
6    1078    Justin Gatlin    [UNITED STATES] USA    9.95    9.85
7    1146    Ngonidzashe Makusha    [ZIMBABWE] ZIM    9.89    9.89
8    783    Churandy Martina    [NETHERLANDS] NED    10.10    9.93

AirMan

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2011, 02:01:44 PM »
Any idea when the startlist for tomorrow's semis are published?   :beermug:

Bolt looked amazing (especially the start) today, but as Wyclef said "say what, say what, anything can happen"

http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=08-28-2011

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
make dat 3
whey boy!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2011, 02:05:07 PM »

http://athletics.channel4.com/event/mens-100m/results/phase=atm001200/index.html

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2011, 02:21:42 PM »

http://athletics.channel4.com/event/mens-100m/results/phase=atm001200/index.html

link is not working

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2011, 02:43:51 PM »

link is not working

It's working for me! Just checked it!!  :beermug:

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »

jai John, of course I would like Richard to win the Gold, but I also deal in reality, not blind patriotism.  You say some are giving "pips to newbies", but have you stopped to think that is because those guys are demonstrating some of the same qualities that RT did when he was a newbie 3 years ago?????

Him having the fastest time does not say much. look around and find out how high or should I say low Michael Rodgers was expected to place and he had the same time as RT...

Anyways based on all the facts that are present(the form of the JAM runners, the depth of his semi-final etc.), I expect him to reach the final, but would be pleasently surprised to see him medal.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2011, 03:11:08 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
make dat 3

Make it four :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Maybe even more. Still don't like what I saw in the QF but STILL backing the Torpedo all the way.

I'll say this. In Beijing and Berlin Thompson was able to run or equal season bests in the hottest semi both times and still knock of a 0.04/0.05 in the final. This guy has proven he can run a blazing semi and recover to go even faster in the final.

I still emphasise the point that he must NOT make any mistakes in that semi. His championship history shows that he will not make any mistakes in that semi and will make the final...this time with 100m less mileage on his legs

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:48 PM »
Make that 5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2011, 03:34:30 PM »
Six.......man has bad mind and heart

1]; } ?>