March 29, 2024, 09:59:54 AM

Author Topic: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships  (Read 61155 times)

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« Reply #90 on: August 27, 2011, 03:46:11 PM »
I believe he ran a 10.3 something in the semis in Trinidad as well ...looking comfortable but not special ...but he just blew them all away in the final ..... I holding on to that. Non of the runners in this 100 metres have gone faster legally this year ...if I backing RT .??? ......make it  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: ...I   see the six and raise ten more !

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 27, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
Real weak hearts on dis forum yes !! RT for me !! Allyuh take the rest of the field if it go make allyuh feel better .

How many of you saw Richard at the stadium ? Well I was there and it left an indelible memory ...., The man is the fastest runner according to times in this event for this year ...he is in to the next round ...man still doubting ...

all ah dem fellas was big noise last  last olympics no ? ..and all yuh want to give pips to some newbies ...this is big games folks ...like all yuh eh pass thru we airport lately or what ...Is ah big photo of Richard it have dey ...let de jamaicans praise their hero ...I will praise mine ...Richard I eh know if yuh reading this but you have One unwavering supporter here ....,. get the gold bro ...get de gold !

jai John, of course I would like Richard to win the Gold, but I also deal in reality, not blind patriotism.  You say some are giving "pips to newbies", but have you stopped to think that is because those guys are demonstrating some of the same qualities that RT did when he was a newbie 3 years ago?????

Him having the fastest time does not say much. look around and find out how high or should I say low Michael Rodgers was expected to place and he had the same time as RT...

Anyways based on all the facts that are present(the form of the JAM runners, the depth of his semi-final etc.), I expect him to reach the final, but would be pleasently surprised to see him medal.

showing weakness here man ... after the race in T&T de man asked me if I wqs Aviator ...so he does keep up wid de forum .....show some spunk here man .... Get the gold Richard ...get the gold !

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2011, 04:00:33 PM »
Any idea when the startlist for tomorrow's semis are published?  :beermug:

Bolt looked amazing (especially the start) today, but as Wyclef said "say what, say what, anything can happen"

All the best to RT and KB tomorrow!  :beermug:

http://athletics.channel4.com/event/mens-100m/results/phase=atm001200/index.html

link is not working

It's working for me! Just checked it!!  :beermug:

link not available in my region, hard luck  :(

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
Real weak hearts on dis forum yes !! RT for me !! Allyuh take the rest of the field if it go make allyuh feel better .

How many of you saw Richard at the stadium ? Well I was there and it left an indelible memory ...., The man is the fastest runner according to times in this event for this year ...he is in to the next round ...man still doubting ...

all ah dem fellas was big noise last  last olympics no ? ..and all yuh want to give pips to some newbies ...this is big games folks ...like all yuh eh pass thru we airport lately or what ...Is ah big photo of Richard it have dey ...let de jamaicans praise their hero ...I will praise mine ...Richard I eh know if yuh reading this but you have One unwavering supporter here ....,. get the gold bro ...get de gold !

jai John, of course I would like Richard to win the Gold, but I also deal in reality, not blind patriotism.  You say some are giving "pips to newbies", but have you stopped to think that is because those guys are demonstrating some of the same qualities that RT did when he was a newbie 3 years ago?????

Him having the fastest time does not say much. look around and find out how high or should I say low Michael Rodgers was expected to place and he had the same time as RT...

Anyways based on all the facts that are present(the form of the JAM runners, the depth of his semi-final etc.), I expect him to reach the final, but would be pleasently surprised to see him medal.

showing weakness here man ... after the race in T&T de man asked me if I wqs Aviator ...so he does keep up wid de forum .....show some spunk here man .... Get the gold Richard ...get the gold !

LOL ;D

But ah being serious horse. I run that race through meh brains all how and I am struggling to see him medalling, but you know I have his backing %100.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2011, 04:26:23 PM »
i hope RT upset the form book and pull off a silver...gold would be nice  ;D

as others mention he steps up in the semis and finals, hope that lane 7 don't have a negative impact.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 27, 2011, 05:05:43 PM »
When RT done beat Bolt later. enough man go be so surprise dey go run down federick st naked.  ;D
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:31:05 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
When RT beat done beat Bolt later. enough man go be so surprise dey go run down federick st naked.  ;D

yeah sure
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 06:25:46 PM »
This is one of those times I wonder what races it is some of you all watching..... ???
BORN TO DO IT

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 06:31:48 PM »
When RT done beat Bolt later. enough man go be so surprise dey go run down federick st naked.  ;D

...and between the hours of 9 to 5 as well  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2011, 06:36:40 PM »
Richard can medal, but he has given himself a whole lot to do.   He has to navigate that semi finals and to do so seems like he will have to run damn hard.

Now  the fella does have determination and he sems to have the will to overcome, but will that be enough in his semi?

If he makes it to the final by finishing first or second in the semis, then I fully expect him to medal.

truetrini

« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
By the way, the wily old Kim Collins looks like a sure thing to make the final.

truetrini

« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2011, 06:39:01 PM »
My point about who was in the race is that sometimes the illusion of pulling away can be skewed when it's a bunch of ducks in there. Anyhow

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/08/27/us-athletics-world-sprinters-idUSTRE77Q0XB20110827

That may be true but NOT in Bolt's race. That man pulled away, looked around at about the 40 meter mark (may have been sooner) shut down with about 75 or 80 and cruised to the line at a jog....with clear daylight between him and the others.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 06:46:02 PM by Trinity Cross »

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 27, 2011, 07:34:20 PM »
I am a track and field waggonist  8) but watching RT race today, i find d man look comfortable and he was running just enough to come third. i didnt get d vibe he was struggling tho.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 27, 2011, 08:12:24 PM »
Cleopatra Borel-Brown just threw 18.95 to automatically qualify for the Women's Shot Put Final. She was ecstatic to put it mildly ;D :beermug:

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 27, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Renny Quow just ran a MASSIVE Seasons Best of 44.84 to take second behind Rondell Bartholomew of Grenada (44.82) in the first 400m QF. Quow looked GOOD! :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:27:55 PM by fLaSh »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 27, 2011, 08:28:26 PM »
Renny Quow just ran a MASSIVE Seasons Best of 44.84 to take second behind Rondell Bartholomew of Grenada 44.82. Quow looked GOOD! :beermug:

Status Quow!  Send me de link, cable delayed, now on 110mH  ???
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 27, 2011, 08:36:43 PM »
Renny Quow just ran a MASSIVE Seasons Best of 44.84 to take second behind Rondell Bartholomew of Grenada 44.82. Quow looked GOOD! :beermug:

Status Quow!  Send me de link, cable delayed, now on 110mH  ???
CBC sports

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 27, 2011, 08:55:37 PM »
really happy that Pistorius from South Africa qualified. only noticed his 'legs' comin to he end of the race

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »
Quow race

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVbHOE4IgMs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sVbHOE4IgMs</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2011, 09:13:47 PM »
KAB in heat 4. Don't know the line-up though. Y was the startlist not posted?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 27, 2011, 09:23:52 PM »

what heat is Lee Ayhe in ??

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2011, 09:24:13 PM »
semoy hackett came 4th in her heat. cud still qualify as a fast loser

lee-ahye is third in her heat at 11:20
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:29:13 PM by STEUPS!! »

Offline trace1906

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 27, 2011, 09:29:50 PM »
MLA in 11.20...sweet!!! :beermug:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 27, 2011, 09:30:03 PM »
aye came 3rd ......  Hope she gets picked up by a camp....

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2011, 09:30:27 PM »

what heat is Lee Ayhe in ??

Just ran a PB 11.20 to qual 3rd from the 3rd heat, to my neophyte eye she looked somewhat relaxed as well...

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2011, 09:37:10 PM »
kelly got a great start. looked relaxed and cruised to win her heat

AirMan

« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2011, 09:40:26 PM »
Kelly Ann with her sexy tobago look  ;D

I believe she has the best chance of all our athletes to bring home a Gold medal to T&T. She is in great form

(Yes I know Jeter and Fraser are very good also for their countries)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 10:05:41 PM by AirMan »

Offline keelz

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>