April 30, 2024, 02:40:18 AM

Author Topic: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships  (Read 62285 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for for the 2011 World Championships
« Reply #270 on: August 30, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
Before you get on so irate , Maybe you should look at many of robles races, Does his hand position change , look at it first before you make your wild and careless accusations. Nothing does not upset me more that pure ignorance, After you look at the races and see the findings and start to realise that you have acted like an ignorance Ass , then you should do the right thing and apologize. Yuh Ass

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 30, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »
Even in that race before they touched over the last hurdle you can see in the 2 hurdles he made before his hand action is the same , one hand cuffs going back, same motion, nothing different , but you in your own deluded mind come to a conclusion that the man whole him back , are you thinking about what you would do in that situation and think he will do the same. Let every one look at the videos and they will see " Oh what an arse you are " :cursing:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 30, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »
So wait nah ONLY TWO of our athletes make final so far ? hmmm I know we still have mens and womens 200m but ah expected better. some of our athletes who failed to make final have made finals in recent years and failed to run anywhere close to their season best

AirMan

« Reply #273 on: August 30, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
Where's all the American Athletes?

To me since they out "clear" the USA contingent is basically an after thought. No ne to fear really. What's up with that?

Well America has won GOLD in the womens 100m and the womens Long Jump already...and they won other medals in different events. I think they are sill leading the rest of the world at the moment. Keep in mind we are only mid-way through the competition

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 30, 2011, 02:32:46 PM »
Medal table      Host nation (South Korea)

Rank Nation          Gold Silver Bronze Total
1  United States      4    4         1        9
2  Kenya                 3   2         3        8
2  Russia                 3   2         3        8
4  Germany              1   2         1        4
5  China                  1   1         0        2
5  Jamaica               1   1         0        2
7  Ethiopia               1   0         1        2
8  Botswana             1   0         0        1
8  Brazil                   1   0         0        1
8  Grenada               1   0         0       1
8  Japan                  1    0        0        1
8  New Zealand         1     0       0        1
8  Poland 1 0 0 1
14  Great Britain        0    2       1        3
15  Cuba                 0     1       2        3
16  Belarus              0     1       0         1
16  Estonia              0     1       0         1
16  Hungary             0     1       0         1
16  Sudan                0     1       0         1
16  Tunisia               0     1       0         1
21  Belgium              0      0      1          1
21  Colombia            0      0       1          1
21  France               0      0       1         1
21  Iran                   0      0       1         1
21  Latvia               0       0      1             1
21  Saint Kitts and Nevis 0 0      1          1
21  Slovenia            0      0       1            1
21  Trinidad and Tobago 0 0       1           1
Total                    2 0    20       20       60

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 30, 2011, 02:33:32 PM »
we last. Who cares?

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 30, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »
we last. Who cares?

We are only last in that list Deeks because same medal countries are listed in alphabetical order!
But I think you know that Deeks and just on kicks and trying to whind some of the fellas here up!!  :D

Plus there are many countries yet to medal and not on that list so we are definitely ahead of them!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 30, 2011, 04:06:41 PM »
we last. Who cares?

We are only last in that list Deeks because same medal countries are listed in alphabetical order!
But I think you know that Deeks and just on kicks and trying to whind some of the fellas here up!!  :D

Plus there are many countries yet to medal and not on that list so we are definitely ahead of them!  :beermug:

You know I on kicks!!!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 30, 2011, 06:19:30 PM »
Just look at the video of the 400 H semifinal.  Jehue obviously lost his rhythm after the last hurdle, couldn't maintain his form and opened the door for Sanchez to pip him on the line.  Lesson to be learn ed!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dx1uACHqvHc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dx1uACHqvHc</a>

Im seriously suprised Kerron Clement came LAST. what the hell happened? was he injured? His name wasnt even being called as a favorite in this championships? wha did i miss?
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 30, 2011, 06:27:31 PM »
Just look at the video of the 400 H semifinal.  Jehue obviously lost his rhythm after the last hurdle, couldn't maintain his form and opened the door for Sanchez to pip him on the line.  Lesson to be learn ed!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dx1uACHqvHc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dx1uACHqvHc</a>

Im seriously suprised Kerron Clement came LAST. what the hell happened? was he injured? His name wasnt even being called as a favorite in this championships? wha did i miss?

Reports note an existing groin injury that he did not publicize until after the race.

AirMan

« Reply #280 on: August 30, 2011, 08:50:51 PM »

8  Poland 1 0 0 1

T&T deserve to be so low. We have had poor performances from athletes who have done better in teh recent past. Men like Thompson, Quow and Gordon failed miserably..

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 30, 2011, 09:13:17 PM »

8  Poland 1 0 0 1

T&T deserve to be so low. We have had poor performances from athletes who have done better in teh recent past. Men like Thompson, Quow and Gordon failed miserably..

Don't agree that Quow & Gordon fail miserably! In both their cases they gave creditable performances but were up against better quality opposition than the last time round!

If you were following up things closely you would have appreciated by now that they haven't failed miserably as you have described. Check some of the times they ran during the current World’s and you will see that they have both run near to or their actual season's best during the rounds and were unlucky not to have progressed to the final!
Also note they all including RT still have a decent chance to try for medals again in the relays.

Don’t be so negative man; some of our athletes actually check this forum to see if the fans are giving them love and appreciating their efforts!  :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:36:28 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

« Reply #282 on: August 30, 2011, 09:27:22 PM »
Talking about T&T, Jamaica having a really poor meet according to their own standards..I feel campbell walk out de blocks and lorse de gold medal in de 100....serious talk, and I doh give ah rats ass what that jumbie, dim wit jusbless saying...Robles delibrately grabbed the chinee hand...no one could convince me otherwise..dat f**ker was grabbing not jes pumping as soon as d chinee pull alongside and was about to overhaul he cyar..he start to grab...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 30, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
Talking about T&T, Jamaica having a really poor meet according to their own standards..I feel campbell walk out de blocks and lorse de gold medal in de 100....serious talk, and I doh give ah rats ass what that jumbie, dim wit jusbless saying...Robles delibrately grabbed the chinee hand...no one could convince me otherwise..dat f**ker was grabbing not jes pumping as soon as d chinee pull alongside and was about to overhaul he cyar..he start to grab...

And Robles had the cheek to say in the after race interview that he don't see the need for the Chinese delegation to protest because that is his normal style of hurdling!! I almost dead with laugh when he say that yes!  :rotfl:

truetrini

« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2011, 09:54:42 PM »

And Robles had the cheek to say in the after race interview that he don't see the need for the Chinese delegation to protest because that is his normal style of hurdling!! I almost dead with laugh when he say that yes!  :rotfl:

You take a look at that repaly and tell em honestly that he eh GRAB de chinee arm...then he modify and start to pump..de f**ker cheated

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 30, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »

You take a look at that repaly and tell em honestly that he eh GRAB de chinee arm...then he modify and start to pump..de f**ker cheated

There's no argument about that, otherwise he would not have been disqualified!  8)

AirMan

« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »

8  Poland 1 0 0 1

Don't agree that Quow & Gordon fail miserably! In both their cases they gave creditable performances but were up against better quality opposition than the last time round!

If you were following up things closely you would have appreciated by now that they haven't failed miserably as you have described. Check some of the times they ran during the current World’s and you will see that they have both run near to or their actual season's best during the rounds and were unlucky not to have progressed to the final!
Also note they all including RT still have a decent chance to try for medals again in the relays.

Don’t be so negative man; some of our athletes actually check this forum to see if the fans are giving them love and appreciating their efforts!  :beermug:

In your eyes i am negative because you are used to acceting mediocracy from our athletes. you really talking bout giving love and appreciating efforts ? Dude these are professional athletes who have to run to standards, NOT high school athletes you going to run and hug when they make mistakes and tell them everything ok. You can try and twist and turn how much you want but its obvious for even Stevie Wonder to see that T&T is having a poor performance in Daegu.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 10:48:14 PM by AirMan »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2011, 11:04:17 PM »
In your eyes i am negative because you are used to acceting mediocracy from our athletes. you really talking bout giving love and appreciating efforts ? Dude these are professional athletes who have to run to standards, NOT high school athletes you going to run and hug when they make mistakes and tell them everything ok. You can try and twist and turn how much you want but its obvious for even Stevie Wonder to see that T&T is having a poor performance in Daegu.

So what?! Let’s be realistic!! Do any of our athletes other than KAB have consistent world best times for the year leading up to the World’s?! No they don't! So as I see it we have gotten as good performances from our athletes so far as can be reasonably expected looking at their seasons this year building up to the Worlds!

You can sit there and moan and moan and criticise like if you can do any better if you were in any of our athlete’s shoes!!

As I pointed out the games isn't over yet and we can still win a couple more medals with some luck to add to our medal count!

Look here, even JA is having a bad games so far by their standards but they are still optimistic that things will improve for them in the medal count!

T&T is not Jamaica where athletics is concern so we need to be realistic!

But take win as I don’t have the time. I’ve already taken the horse to the water!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:08:32 PM by Socapro »

AirMan

« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2011, 11:13:24 PM »

So what?! Let’s be realistic!! Do any of our athletes other than KAB have consistent world best times for the year leading up to the World’s?! No they don't! So as I see it we have gotten as good performances from our athletes so far as can be reasonably expected looking at their season this year and their building up to the Worlds!

You can sit there and moan and moan and criticise like if you can do any better if you were in any of our athlete’s shoes!!

As I pointed out the games isn't over yet and we can still win a couple more medals with some luck to add to our medal count!

Look here, even JA is having a bad games so far by their standards but they are still optimistic that things will improve for them in the medal count!

But take win as I don’t have the time. I’ve already taken the horse to the water!!

I dont care if JA is having a bad games on not. Focus on your country and not another. I see couple TnT athletes not even making finals. so I dont see how you can compare a country who have their top athletes failing to make finals with another country who winning medals day in, day out.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 31, 2011, 12:10:58 AM »

So what?! Let’s be realistic!! Do any of our athletes other than KAB have consistent world best times for the year leading up to the World’s?! No they don't! So as I see it we have gotten as good performances from our athletes so far as can be reasonably expected looking at their season this year and their building up to the Worlds!

I dont care if JA is having a bad games on not. Focus on your country and not another. I see couple TnT athletes not even making finals. so I dont see how you can compare a country who have their top athletes failing to make finals with another country who winning medals day in, day out.

Have you got reading problems or something?! Where did you see me compare T&T to Jamaica in athletics?
I specifically said T&T is not Jamaica!

It seems that you lack an understanding of basic English and obviously don't understand what the last lines in my previous post meant which I’ve now highlighted for your benefit! 

I won't waste any more of my precious time trying to logically explain anything to you about our athletes!
You love to rant so continue to rant, it’s your prerogative and it obviously makes you feel better!! :beermug:
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 12:16:31 AM by Socapro »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:23 AM »
All them sprinters who came back for national championships have performed poorly.

KAB who was able to maintain her program brought home a medal.

Go figure!
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 31, 2011, 05:11:18 AM »
All Some of them sprinters who came back for national championships have performed poorly.

KAB who was able to maintain her program brought home a medal.

Go figure!
:beermug:
Can agree with you after making a slight correction!

Also don't forget the games is not over yet, its only half way thru!!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 05:13:12 AM by Socapro »

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:14 AM »
we last. Who cares?

We not last! We joint 21st of 211 (TWO HUNDRED AND ELEVEN) countries that took part in the Championship! Common people. That puts us better than about 90 percent of participating nations

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 31, 2011, 02:01:42 PM »
When are the relays??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 31, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
When are the relays??

Mens 4 x 400m relay heats starts tomorrow Thurs.1st Sept;T&T is in Heat 1 at 12:30pm Daegu time!
See Startlist! http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-01-2011/sex=M/discCode=4X4/combCode=hash/roundCode=h/startlist.html#detM_4X4_hash_h
We are in the tougher of the two heats with Jamaica, USA, Britain & South Africa being our toughest opponents!
Wish we were in Heat 2 instead! PRESSURE!!!

Womens 4 x 400m relay heats starts on Fri.2nd Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-02-2011

Mens 4 x 400m relay final is also on Fri.2nd Sept!

Womens 4 x 400m relay final is on Sat.3rd Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-03-2011

Both Mens & Womens 4 x 100m relay heats & finals are on Sun.4th Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-04-2011
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 07:49:50 PM by Socapro »

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 31, 2011, 07:03:48 PM »
When are the relays??

Mens 4 x 400m relay heats starts tomorrow Thurs.1st Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-01-2011

Womens 4 x 400m relay heats starts on Fri.2nd Sept!

Mens 4 x 400m relay final is also on Fri.2nd Sept!

Womens 4 x 400m relay final is on Sat.3rd Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-03-2011

Both Mens & Womens 4 x 100m relay heats & finals are on Sun.4th Sept!
http://daegu2011.iaaf.org/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=09-04-2011

:beermug:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 31, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Good luck to Semoy Hackette and Kai Selvon in the 200m

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 31, 2011, 08:05:08 PM »

For some reason I don't see Hackette listed in the startlist for any of the heats!
Either she is injured or our famous NAAA forgot to register her for the 200m heats!!  :-\

If she is injured it will also affect our womens 4 x 100m relay team!  :(
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:20:03 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 31, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »

For some reason I don't see Hackette listed in the startlist for any of the heats!
Either she is injured or our famous NAAA forgot to register her for the 200m heats!!  :-\

Yuh right could be either one (maybe she pulled out of the 200m for reasons we dont know) Our media should be on top of this

1]; } ?>