April 28, 2024, 03:03:49 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors with an English based Backline for WCQ  (Read 6145 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Soca Warriors with an English based Backline for WCQ
« on: August 25, 2011, 01:12:21 PM »
It will be interesting to see an all English based backline for the national team.

Warner
Samuel
Hoyte
Hoyte
Edwards

This is what we needed a long time now, a solid backline for the wcq, once the warriors have a solid back line, we can rest easier because we have the tools in the mid and upfront to put the ball in the net

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors with an English based Backline for WCQ
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
Dem Hoyte brothers don't seem interested. 

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 01:14:50 PM »
who de fu#k is Hoyte and Hoyte man ???
some law firm ??..
you talk  to dem ???
careful dey Fu#k you like Zamora
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:17:22 PM »
some law firm ??..
you talk  to dem ???

:rotfl:

if they reject the national team, then we play with james and primus, simple as that breds, but it will be beneficial to the team if they opt to play for us

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
you does think up this mess all by yourself  ???

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 01:21:35 PM »

firebrand mentioned that the brothers may play next round for TT

i guess fire was thinking of this mess before me then?

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 01:23:13 PM »
watch nah man...right now is Power and James...

go and fantasize some else...maybe in jamaica
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 01:24:50 PM »
watch nah man...right now is Power and James...

go and fantasize some else...maybe in jamaica

your acting as if the hoyte brothers are not trini in origin

relax BM, if they decide to play for us, i rather have them in the back than power sah, any intelligent manager would agree

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 01:26:24 PM »
Edwards is an englishman? i guess i miss something.

bro we don't need all dem english boys on we team, i rather go with our local talent win lose or draw.

i up for JLLoyd bc he's ah born trinidadian, and maybe justin hoyte bc we need ah solid right back, but other than that we good in the talent department.

and as ah tell yuh already, carlos edwards is not a defender, and the peter borough game last weekend proved that!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Edwards is an englishman? i guess i miss something.

bro we don't need all dem english boys on we team, i rather go with our local talent win lose or draw.

i up for JLLoyd bc he's ah born trinidadian, and maybe justin hoyte bc we need ah solid right back, but other than that we good in the talent department.

and as ah tell yuh already, carlos edwards is not a defender, and the peter borough game last weekend proved that!

since when does english based mean englishman?  ???

i rather win with the best back line, TT in the last how long, has struggled to put together a solid back line, if we have that chance, pfister will jump for it right away, no matter what you guys say

pfister ain't dumb, hes a german coach who traditionally are defensive minded, if he has the two Hoyte brothers at his disposal, you better believe he will play them and sit powers and the rest.

who will you play in the right back? edwards is an alright/ok crosser, he can stay in the back line where he is playing for his team on the regular

thomson crosses the ball better and is young and full of energy, edwards is just fine where he is, don't tell me one bad game against his team, is enough to convince you he shouldn't play wing back

your the same man that said you are under stress for when we play bermuda because of our defense, now you are saying you are fine with losing with a lesser defense to keep it local?

don't be silly brother
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:37:11 PM by Controversial »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 01:42:16 PM »
TI i'm sure seon power could do a better job than carlos in that right full back position. i believe Pfister will have tuh call up yohance marshall, and doh tell meh bout he not playing regulars for his team, the locals eh playing @ all bc the league out.

when all is well and every one is healthy and up for the challenge, i would go with.
                                                    phillips

cyrus/ power                   james                      primus / marshall                      JLLoyd/ cupid

don't forget that kern cupid stepped up his game and is doing much better, just look @ him in the game vs USA and mexico in the hex.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:23:27 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 01:51:47 PM »
TI i'm sure seon power could do a better job than carlos in that right full back position. i believe Pfister will have tuh call up yohance marshall, and doh tell meh bout he not play regulars for his team, the locals eh playing @ all bc the league out.

when all is well and every one is healthy and up for the challenge, i would go with.

cyrus/ power                   james                  primus / marshall                      JLLoyd/ cupid

don't forget that kern cupid stepped up his game and is doing much better, just look @ him in the game vs USA and mexico in the hex.

samuel is not a right back, he is a left back, cupid ain't better than edwards in the right back role, what level of competition is cupid playing against compared to edwards in england?

power is improving but made some serious mistakes in the india match that against a better team would have costed us a goal

right now james and power in the middle is temporary, because when primus returns, power will sit and f the hoyte brothers come on board, say bye bye to power and co

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 01:55:27 PM »
TI, you really mad yes

The Hoyte brothers are wingbacks.. not CB's

Also they most likely will not agree to join up with us... so realise that the defenders we have for the upcoming campaign are :

Edwards,Wolfe, James, Primus, Cyrus, Marshall, Power, Samuel, J.Jones and Adams

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:00 PM »
TI, you really mad yes

Also they most likely will not agree to join up with us... so realise that the defenders we have for the upcoming campaign are :

We just managed to get rid of Zamora now he's trying to bring us the English law firm Hoye & Hoyte!

No wonder we football in a mess!  ::)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
TI, you really mad yes

gavin also plays center back, know what you are talking about before you talk garbage, converting justin to a center back for the national team is not far fetched as edwards already plays right back, if not pfister can switch both players, or even have edwards remain as right back and samuel play central defender, with justin playing on the left, you do know that justin played left back right?

when did pfister appoint you scout to say that they won't commit? im just speculating based on certain posters information, who i trust

if they commit, that will most likely be the back line, the only crazy person here is the posters that believe the local based defenders will continue to play if the hoyte brothers commit to the team

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2011, 02:14:17 PM »
TI i'm sure seon power could do a better job than carlos in that right full back position. i believe Pfister will have tuh call up yohance marshall, and doh tell meh bout he not play regulars for his team, the locals eh playing @ all bc the league out.

phillips

cyrus/ power                   james                         primus / marshall                      JLLoyd/ cupid

samuel is not a right back, he is a left back, cupid ain't better than edwards in the right back role, what level of competition is cupid playing against compared to edwards in england?

power is improving but made some serious mistakes in the india match that against a better team would have costed us a goal

right now james and power in the middle is temporary, because when primus returns, power will sit and f the hoyte brothers come on board, say bye bye to power and co
Ti like yuh blind or what, where on earth did i put samuels in the right back position? like yuh forgot i watchin this fella since he was @ villa, i doh make dem kinda mistakes.

lemme put in the goal keeper so i could give yuh some kinda direction yes. :devil:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:22:26 PM by just cool »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2011, 02:19:54 PM »
Seriously TI, we don't need all dem enlish players, all we need is ah good coach and we best defenders, and i believe that with three yrs left before brazil the coach could more than organize that defense to compete in concacaf.

on ah side note, if the federation was using good coaches instead of cheap labor we would've been miles ahead in terms of player development, bc players like cupid, tinto, hector, marvin phillips, guerra and many more would've all gotten outside contracts with the exposure from the gold cup and better friendlies.

i believe we have the home grown talent, all we need is ah solid teacher, and i believe we got one in otto.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 02:22:00 PM by just cool »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2011, 02:31:33 PM »
It will be interesting to see an all English based backline for the national team.

Warner
Samuel
Hoyte
Hoyte
Edwards

This is what we needed a long time now, a solid backline for the wcq, once the warriors have a solid back line, we can rest easier because we have the tools in the mid and upfront to put the ball in the net

warner? he gone new zealand now. with the Wellington Phoenix.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2011, 02:34:53 PM »
Seriously TI, we don't need all dem enlish players, all we need is ah good coach and we best defenders, and i believe that with three yrs left before brazil the coach could more than organize that defense to compete in concacaf.

on ah side note, if the federation was using good coaches instead of cheap labor we would've been miles ahead in terms of player development, bc players like cupid, tinto, hector, marvin phillips, guerra and many more would've all gotten outside contracts with the exposure from the gold cup and better friendlies.

i believe we have the home grown talent, all we need is ah solid teacher, and i believe we got one in otto.

i agree with you mostly on everything you just said

i have always maintained it was coaching that has killed us over the years, also a need for a good youth development program as well.

but having the hoyte brothers in the back is what our team needs, TT has lost games because of our weak defense

if fire is right and we get at least justin hoyte, that is great, because we can put hoyte on the left and play samuel in the center with either james or primus and edwards would remain on the right

that to me is a strong back line that could take us to brazil, if gavin joins in, even better, 2 brothers in the back, they know each other and the chemistry will be better

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

Warner
Samuel
Hoyte
Hoyte
Edwards

warner? he gone new zealand now. with the Wellington Phoenix.

what do you think pfister will do? ???

use your logic

play the more experienced keeper or less experienced keeper?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 02:39:38 PM »

think about it, we will be a force in CONCACAF with a back line like this:

Warner
J.Hoyte
G.Hoyte
Samuel
Edwards

if we only get justin hoyte, then we can go with a back line like this:

Warner
Hoyte
James/Primus
Samuel
Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2011, 02:58:55 PM »

Warner
J.Hoyte
G.Hoyte
Samuel
Edwards

Warner
Hoyte
James/Primus
Samuel
Edwards

TI, yuh must be on something!! yuh gone from an all english defense to an all english back line? what yuh take we for, jamaica?

when last you saw tony warner, that man is an accident waiting to happen, like yuh forgot what happened @ fullam, and hull city or what?

marvin phillips may not be in ah big foreign league, but the boy real fackin good, him and houton hector is sort of in the same boat, he never really got ah break to go on trial, but the fella is top self!

i only want two english defenders, JLLoyd, and justin hoyte, that's it! we have home grown talent and i want us to use them. cyrus, primus, jovin jones, cupid, julius james, yahance marshall, and maybeeeee power, let our boys get some exposure and gain some trials.

doh get meh wrong, ah definitely want JLLoyd on the team and if justin come on board i will welcome him with open arms, but not ah whole english back line, i not feelin that bro!

if we can't beat guyana , bermuda and barbados with what we have, then we don't need tuh be in brazil. let hoyte and JLLoyd come on board in the semis (if we get there) against bigger teams like Ticos, el tri and the salvadorians.

let we youngsters get some exposure nah. wey wrong wid yuh.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:46:39 PM by just cool »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »

Warner
J.Hoyte
G.Hoyte
Samuel
Edwards

Warner
Hoyte
James/Primus
Samuel
Edwards

TI, yuh must be on something!! yuh gone from an all english defense to an all english back line? what yuh take we for, jamaica?

when last you saw tony warner, that man is an accident waiting to happen, like yuh forgot what happened @ fullam, and hull city or what?

marvin phillips may not be in ah big foreign league, but the boy real fackin good, he's and houton hector is sort of in the same boat, he never really got ah break to go on trial, but the fella is top self!

i only want two english defenders, JLLoyd, and justin hoyte, that's it! we have home grown talent and i want us to use them. cyrus, primus, jovin jones, cupid, julius james, yahance marshall, and maybeeeee power, let our boys get some exposure and gain some trials.

doh get meh wrong, and definitely want JLLoyd on the team and if justin come on board i will welcome him with open arms, but not ah whole english back line, i not feelin that bro!

if we can't beat guyana , bermuda and barbados with what we have , then we don't need tuh be in brazil, let hoye and JLLod come on board in the semis (if we get there) against bigger teams like Ticos. el tri, and the salvadorians.

let we youngsters get some exposure nah.

pfister may mix it up, the 2 brothers is an investment, especially gavin who is younger

i agree with letting the local boys get a sweat but if they are not up to par by next round, adios bro 8)

men have to get over this JA obsession, we always mix up our football talent from local to foreign, having an all english based back line would add stability to our football.

you will realize this later on when we advance

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2011, 03:42:55 PM »

Easy Contro...I never said both brothers may play...  I said Justin Hoyte MAY play next round.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2011, 04:06:38 PM »

Easy Contro...I never said both brothers may play...  I said Justin Hoyte MAY play next round.

my bad

i mistook it for both of them :beermug:

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2011, 04:11:55 PM »
some law firm ??..
you talk  to dem ???

if they reject the national team, then we play with james and primus, simple as that breds, but it will be beneficial to the team if they opt to play for us

Horse, they tired blank we.  What make yuh think it will be any different?

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2011, 04:15:32 PM »
some law firm ??..
you talk  to dem ???

I could swear Controv does smoke some hard :mackdaddy: before posting on here sometimes!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 04:36:53 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2011, 05:34:22 PM »
some law firm ??..
you talk  to dem ???

I could swear Controv does smoke some hard :mackdaddy: before posting on here sometimes!

its called optimism, knowing fully well we have been weak in our back line for many years now

this is a discussion board, not wikipedia

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
Hoyte & Hoyte is no problem at all. We have to play our strongest team dis rounds. De teams we have to play in de semis is no joke. If dem boys come, we go welcome dem. If not, we eh losing nutten dat was in we possession in de fus place.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
Hoyte not better than Julius.

1]; } ?>