May 22, 2024, 11:42:31 PM

Author Topic: Soca Warriors campaign gets $45M boost  (Read 4190 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Soca Warriors campaign gets $45M boost
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Contro, they must have a TTFF guy on the committee. Say the committee is asking why Pfister needs $40,000 of water for training? Someone must explain. Why do you need 100 pairs of socks for 30 players? Someone must explain.

As much as I don't trust TTFF, there will be some in there who could prove useful in the future. Even if we get our wish and Camps & co are replaced, we must have some of TTFF remain simply to explain in which drawer we keep the stapler and who fixes the plumbing when it bursts.

That said, it was a mistake to appoint AllSport. Harford is too close to the old regime. I am being serious when I say that a fete promoter could have done a better job. Someone like Hoppi from Scorch, or Sancho at VFI. Once you have a team with links to media and corporate Trinidad, all you need is ideas. How can North East Stars sell 4 Carib and a supporters T shirt for $50 and AllSport can't? How can other clubs do giveaways? Maybe I'm not giving Harford a chance, but when I saw the superb marketing opportunity of the India game wasted by charging $100 & $200, I immediately lost faith in AllSport. Their aim at this point is not to make money, its to rebuild a brand. What did we pay $200 for? No players were flown from overseas, the stadium was free, they knew the gov't were going to pay wages, so why the need for 2000 people to pay an average of $150 when they could have got 6,000 for $50 and build momentum?

The one thing everyone seems to be forgetting about this bright new TTFF, is that the judge in the court case will be giving his decisions at the end of September. This case is like Herpes....it may disapear for a while, but it keeps coming back. Anyone who came into contact with the carrier back in 2006 may also have contracted the disease, but we won't know until it flares up again. Harford was around and so were others supposedly outside of TTFF. Trust me, there is one more big expolsion waiting to go off and when it does there will be a disabling blow to those involved and a lot of collateral damage to those who ate from the same trough.

i totally agree that someone must explain, but they do not need to be apart of the authorization/accountability board, that imo is tainting the process.

a neutral party that has no connection to the ttff is what should have been formed, one that will ask the pertinent questions and scrutinize the ttff. This committee is a farce imo, it is prolonging the existence of the admin currently on the ttff. They are getting a free ride once again, the heat has been removed from camps and co and now they can say, " we have a committee that is independent of us and is running properly" which means they do not need to resign anytime soon.

Harford is the archivist for TTFF, "An archivist is a professional who assesses, collects, organizes, preserves, maintains control over, and provides access to information determined to have long-term value. The information maintained by an archivist can be any form of media (photographs, video or sound recordings, letters, documents, electronic records, etc.). As Richard Pearce-Moses wrote, "Archivists keep records that have enduring value as reliable memories of the past, and they help people find and understand the information they need in those records."

Need I say more, i posted the definition to remind people of Harford's position with the TTFF.

All Sport is not a great marketing company, I do not expect them to handle the marketing of our football as well as an external firm in the US, Canada or UK.

As I said to Look Loy in a previous thread, Ian DeSouza is the only one to me that is truthworthy, other than maybe the MOS; you can liken this move by the ttff and the govt to putting a band aid on a buss head that needs stitches.

1]; } ?>