March 28, 2024, 06:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Khaleem Hyland to face Chelsea.  (Read 5798 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Khaleem Hyland to face Chelsea.
« on: August 25, 2011, 08:08:14 PM »
Khaleem Hyland to face Chelsea.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Belgium-based midfielder Khaleem Hyland is relishing the opportunity to play in the UEFA Champions league with Racing Genk.

Hyland played in the first leg of their recent Champions League qualifier against Maccabi Haifa but stayed on the bench in the return leg which Genk won 4-1 on penalty kicks to advance to the group stage.

Thursday’s draw saw Hyland’s team end up in Group E with Chelsea FC (ENG), Bayer Leverkusen (GER) and Valencia CF (ESP).

Hyland is the first Trinidadian since Dwight Yorke and Marvin Andrews (three starts in 2005)  to play in the Champions League with Russell Latapy also holding such distinction while at FC Porto.

“It’s a great feeling for me personally. This is my first real achievement since I moved to Europe,” Hyland told TTFF Media on Thursday.

“We had a long wait with the match going into penalty kicks and of course we went into the second game after coming off a loss in the first match. We fought until the last second to ensure we got a result to stay alive.

Then it was onto penalties and we did well with our kicks and our goalkeeper pulled it off with two great saves,” added the ex-San Juan Jabloteh player.

The 22-year-old Carenage born player made 59 appearances with former club SV Zulte Waregem, former team of David Nakhid, and is now anticipating the chance to secure a starting role for Genk.

“I’ve settled in well so far. Of course Genk is a massive club and the pressure is always on. You have to be at your best at all times and places in the team are always up for grabs. But this keeps me focused and always ready to put my best foot forward.

Right now I can’t wait to get the chance to play in the Champions League and compete against the best players and best clubs in the world,” Hyland added.

The former National Under 20 player is scheduled to arrive in Port of Spain this weekend to join the national team ahead of its 2014 World Cup qualifier against Bermuda next Friday at the Hasely Crawford Stadium at 4pm.

“A lot is happening football wise. We are on a high at the club and now I have to get on a plane to Trinidad for another big opportunity which is to play in the World Cup qualifiers.

I am eager to do well for my country also. I played in the Under 20 World Cup in Egypt and now I will like to be in Brazil also with the national team.

We have a long road ahead of us but I think we are definitely in with a good chance once we can put our heads down and play the football that will get us through the qualifiers,” Hyland added.

After further consultation between the TTFF and the Ministry of National Security, it was determined that Friday’s World Cup qualifier will now be played at 4pm and not 4:30pm as announced previously.

Tickets will go on sale on Saturday at all Kenny’s Sports Outlets. The TTFF in conjunction with All Sport Promotions is also ensuring that maximum security is provided for both teams next week in the lead up to the Match, also on match-day and in all post-match related activities including the departure of both teams from this country.

The Trinidad team leaves on September 4 for Bridgetown for its qualifier against Barbados on September 6.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:40:33 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Khaleem Hyland to face Chelsea.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 08:14:05 PM »
Hyland is the first Trinidadian since Dwight Yorke to play in the Champions League with Russell Latapy also holding such distinction while at FC Porto.

No Shaun, Marvin Andrews played in the Champions League with Rangers!! In fact, they made the round of 16 and lost to Inter Milan.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:35:51 PM »
All the best Khaleem :beermug:

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 08:59:54 PM »
Good stuff..

Backing him to score 1 goal against Chelsea in a 3-1 loss for Genk... Then beat up on the other teams in the group and qualify for the knockout round. :devil:

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 09:12:35 PM »
Hyland is the first Trinidadian since Dwight Yorke to play in the Champions League with Russell Latapy also holding such distinction while at FC Porto.

No Shaun, Marvin Andrews played in the Champions League with Rangers!! In fact, they made the round of 16 and lost to Inter Milan.

he forget

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 09:29:54 PM »

he forget

Sigh...fact checking.   

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:09:32 AM »

Didn't Jerron Nixon also play in the champions League?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 05:27:27 AM »
hope yuh get ah sweat...but seriously why iz tis news...i understand if he playing again ah big team like Liverpool...but Chelsea...steups please

Iz like QRC again St.Augustine/Eldo/Arima
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 05:41:08 AM by rotatopoti3 »
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 06:00:35 AM »
hope yuh get ah sweat...but seriously why iz tis news...i understand if he playing again ah big team like Liverpool...but Chelsea...steups please

Well if liverpool qualified for the champions league, then he mighta get to play against them and it woulda be news :rotfl:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 06:29:32 AM »

Keep Eldo out yuh mouth de pardner. >:(
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 06:58:14 AM »

Steups. QRC>>>>Liverpool

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 08:30:51 AM »

I think it was the UEFA Cup. I may be wrong.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 09:37:02 AM »
Very, very proud of Hyland. Hope he fights for playing time.
Hart for president

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 09:41:56 AM »
Things rel pumping right now...pfister call ah rel serious shot with the foreign based players, KJ hitting dem some swanky form, and KH might get ah sweat against chelsea...and we get 45 mil...*keeping my fingers crosss* that we continue on this fine form, and that there is more great news to come!

Congrats KH...i relly believe he could be the next latas... :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 09:54:30 AM »

In terms of what?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »
Tallman hitting them men hard these days.... :rotfl:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 10:15:17 AM »
Tallman hitting them men hard these days.... :rotfl:

Ent!!!! de man ask, "in terms of what" yes!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 10:46:43 AM »

In terms of what?

Smoking ciggarette :chilling:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 10:48:28 AM »
Hyland will be very fortunate to get a run out against Chelsea, mainly because of his lack of real speed.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 11:05:18 AM »

Actually he played in the UEFA cup when he played for zurich FC and he actually played against Chelsea when the italian (matteo I believe) broke his leg ... sounds right to me!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 11:43:55 AM by Tallman »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »
Did Nakhid play any european ball?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »
hahahahaha in terms of developing into a creative attacking midfielder breddah!

AirMan

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 02:24:22 PM »
Hyland is 22 years old. Give him time before comparing him to TnT icons like Latas. I know allyuh does get excited fast and quick to compare but be realistic.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 08:44:30 PM »
The 22-year-old Carenage born player made 59 appearances with former club SV Zulte Waregem, former team of David Nakhid, and is now anticipating the chance to secure a starting role for Genk.

No. Nakhid played for KSV Waregem in de early 90s. SV Zulte Waregem has only existed since 2001; after a merger between Zultse VV and KSV Waregem.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 04:38:04 AM »
Things rel pumping right now...pfister call ah rel serious shot with the foreign based players, KJ hitting dem some swanky form, and KH might get ah sweat against chelsea...and we get 45 mil...*keeping my fingers crosss* that we continue on this fine form, and that there is more great news to come!

Nonsense !!!!   Sometimes i wonder if allyuh really ever see Latas play yes!!!

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 05:32:10 AM »
Latas and Hyland are two completely different players, LOL.

I agree with you Ngozi, i feel plenty ah dese yute men never see the general play.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 07:22:47 AM »
arite....i hear all yuh ...latas is my football icon...re-read my statement when tall man cqall me out, i said DEVELOP INTO...ladd all yuh men not easy...i aldo think think hyland and winchester have that kinda potential tooo... :beermug:

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:32 PM »
Hyland the next Latas? Never. Latas at age 22 was pure poison then. Hyland & Latas are completely 2 different type of players. Not knocking his talent, but he ain't the same boat as Latas........

AirMan

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
Hyland the next Latas? Never. Latas at age 22 was pure poison then. Hyland & Latas are completely 2 different type of players. Not knocking his talent, but he ain't the same boat as Latas........

at the end of the day Latas is still only iconic in T&T. Not knocking Latas but I find it funny when men love to say this man eh no Latas or this man eh no Dwarika, as if Latas is in the same calibre with Messi or Ronaldo.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:48 PM »

at the end of the day Latas is still only iconic in T&T. Not knocking Latas but I find it funny when men love to say this man eh no Latas or this man eh no Dwarika, as if Latas is in the same calibre with Messi or Ronaldo.
[/b]
Fella in trinidad and scotland Latas can probably be mentioned in similar company eh...I believe talent wise he on that level

1]; } ?>