April 26, 2024, 01:06:29 AM

Author Topic: Irene  (Read 3066 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Irene
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:37:06 PM »
East coast massive, how all yuh holdin up?  Anybody in NC on de forum?  Gih we a early prognosis nah
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Irene
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 06:20:04 PM »
everybody gone

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 07:24:02 PM »
Trinis all ovah d world on lock down
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 09:30:43 PM »
buy up allyuh water and sardine.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 09:47:38 PM »
buy up allyuh water and sardine.

We already had nuff tuna in de cupboard... I thought ah was set fuh food den ah remember de stove is electric.... and we wouldn't be able to cook nutten if current gone.  So ah make sure ah buy some crix LOL.. nutten else is nuff saltine and tuna going down dis weekend.

Had ah serious run on water... all de supermarkets sellout.  Had to end up going BJ's... but not ah bad scene... 36-bottle case fuh $4.59... ah pick up two.  Couldn't find candle so ah pick up some tea lights, lol  One bootleg hurricane preparation I going with.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
my prayers are with the forum members in nyc

just spoke to my friend in brooklyn, she saving her cell battery and storing up

giggsy11

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 05:41:40 PM »
Whats up with these stupid weather people who decide it is a great idea to be outside reporting? Like we need their perspective to know not to go outside! I am waiting to see the first one who actually get electricuted or get knock down for their stupidity!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 05:56:53 PM »
I'm in NYC hold tight for the hour. Everything cool here , we're well prepared. It looks like my flight back home will be cancelled though.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 05:58:24 PM »
Sorry if I come across as a prick but is this being overdramatized by the media and the Government being extra cautious after Katrina?
Directv have special channel just setup for the hurricane as if the people on the East Coast go pick up a satellite signal through the cloud cover.
It's a Category 1 moving into colder water, doesn't that mean it will not pick up energy as it moves further north? By the time it reaches NY and environs it might be a Tropical Storm.

If things get bad, allyuh hold it down and stay safe  :)
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 06:37:19 PM »
Sorry if I come across as a prick but is this being overdramatized by the media and the Government being extra cautious after Katrina?
Directv have special channel just setup for the hurricane as if the people on the East Coast go pick up a satellite signal through the cloud cover.
It's a Category 1 moving into colder water, doesn't that mean it will not pick up energy as it moves further north? By the time it reaches NY and environs it might be a Tropical Storm.

yuh not de only one, i thinking de same thing. once de media puts fear into peoples minds, hell breaks loose. for me i not taking it serious. de "hurricane" only moving at 13 mph and de strength declining.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

truetrini

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 07:08:21 PM »

yuh not de only one, i thinking de same thing. once de media puts fear into peoples minds, hell breaks loose. for me i not taking it serious. de "hurricane" only moving at 13 mph and de strength declining.

Excuse me, the fact that the hurricane is ONLY moving at 13 miles an hour is wat makes it dangerous.  Yuh confusing speed it moving at with wind speed and the fact that it moving slow means it can do more damage specifically through flooding etc.

If they eh earn people den is hell to pay, warn them and allyuh feel is overdoing...steups.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 08:03:40 PM »
My flight cancelled. The saying I could be here for a week.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 08:14:16 PM »

Like yuh self, extra vacation.  I know a few people in de same "predicament"

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Excuse me, the fact that the hurricane is ONLY moving at 13 miles an hour is wat makes it dangerous.  Yuh confusing speed it moving at with wind speed and the fact that it moving slow means it can do more damage specifically through flooding etc.

If they eh earn people den is hell to pay, warn them and allyuh feel is overdoing...steups.

Correct... I di'n pay it no mind until they start talking about flooding and power outage and thing.  My sump pump running fuh hours on end right now cause is level rain in we ass.  Thank the big man upstairs the winds eh wreaking havoc (especially with the power lines) too.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 08:40:46 PM »

Like yuh self, extra vacation.  I know a few people in de same "predicament"

I eh complaining yet

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »

Correct... I di'n pay it no mind until they start talking about flooding and power outage and thing.  My sump pump running fuh hours on end right now cause is level rain in we ass.  Thank the big man upstairs the winds eh wreaking havoc (especially with the power lines) too.

Yeah, dais de two big issues, power loss and flooding

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »
Irene is a tease.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Called my cousin about 1 hour ago in NJ and she's OK.  Power had just gone and her street was flooded.  But she house still standing and she alright.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2011, 09:11:53 AM »
Irene is a tease.

dais cause yuh get de last jook.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2011, 10:46:13 AM »
Sry about that last post I didn't pay any mind to that. I just saying the media overhyping for the NYC area. Things OK on my side nothing but a few branches on the ground. Heard from some friends that they lost power hope they get it back soon.

How is everyone else holding up?
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
Sry about that last post I didn't pay any mind to that. I just saying the media overhyping for the NYC area. Things OK on my side nothing but a few branches on the ground. Heard from some friends that they lost power hope they get it back soon.

How is everyone else holding up?

Good on my end... good thing I was up late though (praise God).  Something was up with mih sump pump... it was running but not pumping and the basement started to flood.  I checked right before my final post last night about power loss and things looked good. I was more concerned with not having TV, internet, cooking etc.  Well ah hour later I went down in the basement to find ah inch and a half ah standing water.  Sump pump pumping but water up to the floor in the little well it sitting in... and water coming over the side of the french drain. 

I reposition the pump, say a prayer or two, cross mih fingers, twist some rosary beads and decide to watch the ride.  Thankfully the pump start to work properly and water receded fairly quickly... just have to dry out, mop... sanitize in the next couple days.  But just that moment of fragility was enough to set me on edge.  I dunno what shape I woulda be in if power had gone out and the pump was inoperable b/c I din have no backup generator.  I functioning on 4 hours sleep right now... but about to make up fuh dat, lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 11:18:58 AM »
good here as well, get some sleep bakes

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 11:32:01 AM »
Blessings Bakes, for the  minor damage to the basement. I have had flloded basements before.I know how that feels. One thing you could look into is a 24 battery for the sump-pump. It looks like a car battery. Anyway get some sleep!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 02:11:47 PM »
well capo house still in order.plenty people wasn't as lucky though.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 03:49:38 PM »
Blessings Bakes, for the  minor damage to the basement. I have had flloded basements before.I know how that feels. One thing you could look into is a 24 battery for the sump-pump. It looks like a car battery. Anyway get some sleep!

Thanks man, I'll have to look that up... clean up begins tomorrow (mopping etc., anti-molding), I ent have de energy right now.  Just waking up from a 3-hour nap to find sun bright bright outside so ah guess Irene gone she way.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »

Capo, what happen to the Eagle??  I getting tie up between you and Midknight now..... ;D

........oh and yeah, good to know yuh house and family still in tact.... :beermug:

You too Bakes.... :beermug:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
Manhattan didn't get hit too bad...  I went a wedding last night all kinda ting lol... The rain was pretty heavy and I heard that the Hudson overflowed its banks...Most stuff was closed today because transit was hindered under precautionary scenes... I think the subways will be back up and running tomorrow... We hosted an evacuated friend of ours, we were pretty well stocked up even though I honestly never got too nervous- I just didn't want to be the only arse who didn't take it seriously if things popped off fuh real...so there was a fair aount of hype but in the end I was pretty unaffected.

I heard that 10 ppl died in Connecticut in hurricane related incidents. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 07:40:19 PM »

Capo, what happen to the Eagle??  I getting tie up between you and Midknight now..... ;D

........oh and yeah, good to know yuh house and family still in tact.... :beermug:

You too Bakes.... :beermug:

Thanks  Brownie :beermug:

And yeah... Capo avatar ketch mih ah couple times, lol

Kicker I hear this weekend was Boston carnival and things was normal... Machel was ram all kinda ting.  So yeah, not everybody take it on.

1]; } ?>