March 28, 2024, 06:45:03 AM

Author Topic: WTF  (Read 5896 times)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
WTF
« on: August 28, 2011, 09:03:52 AM »
I give up , How de hell does a man run 10.0 - 10.2 whole season , come down to trinidad breaks the national record to 9.85 , jumps on a plane to Daegu , back to running 10.2's. WTF. Is it that our athletes only run good at home. Does RT and AA have twins or something , It is like jekyll and hyde , WTF.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: WTF
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »
d clock ?  ???
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 10:03:56 AM »
Allyuh nuts!!!!!

Offline Swima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 10:08:00 AM »
Maybe being forced to run at peak so soon before a meet on the other side of the world doesn't make for a successful team. Take a look at how Quow is running. He didn't have to peak to make this team, so he runs a seaon best in the prelims. The men's 100 in TT is way more competitive. Something to think about.
Success will never take you by surprise.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
I give up , How de hell does a man run 10.0 - 10.2 whole season , come down to trinidad breaks the national record to 9.85 , jumps on a plane to Daegu , back to running 10.2's. WTF. Is it that our athletes only run good at home. Does RT and AA have twins or something , It is like jekyll and hyde , WTF.

Hard luck for RT KB and AA. Only 1 of these guys will occupy the 3 spots for the olympics next year ;).

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 11:53:36 AM »
Its not just RT's 9.85 was a fluke (I actually saw it live), but KB's 9.93 was also a fluke. KB is not capable of producing that time legally at the moment. He does not have the natural ability and his technique is too flawed.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 11:58:13 AM »
Its not just RT's 9.85 was a fluke (I actually saw it live), but KB's 9.93 was also a fluke. KB is not capable of producing that time legally at the moment. He does not have the natural ability and his technique is too flawed.

ah man watch RT run 9.85 and break all over himself so he might question u questioning the legitamcy of dat time.

i feel ato had doubts abt the 9.85 run but he will not say anything since his record got broken otherwise the first ting will say is ato on ah sour grapes scene.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »

If RT time is flawed. Then all the times flawed. Do over the National Champs. Bring a foreigner to run the clock. The NAAA too "incompetent".

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:14 PM »
I don't believe RT time was a fluke at all.

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
Maybe being forced to run at peak so soon before a meet on the other side of the world doesn't make for a successful team. Take a look at how Quow is running. He didn't have to peak to make this team, so he runs a seaon best in the prelims. The men's 100 in TT is way more competitive. Something to think about.

:beermug:

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »

If RT time is flawed. Then all the times flawed. Do over the National Champs. Bring a foreigner to run the clock. The NAAA too "incompetent".

They did in fact have a Finish Lynx rep here this year but they need to invest in the HIGHEST level system available with Automatic Capture

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 06:35:23 PM »
WTF who peaks for one race. I mean the only athletes that peaks for one off performances are athletes that are drugged. My pick on it is that RT has a twin , the twin showed up in trinidad and the one in Daegu are 2 completely different character. Probably we should bid for an olympics, the amount of medals we might win as our athletes seems to be super human in Trinidad .

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 07:00:12 PM »
WTF who peaks for one race. I mean the only athletes that peaks for one off performances are athletes that are drugged. My pick on it is that RT has a twin , the twin showed up in trinidad and the one in Daegu are 2 completely different character. Probably we should bid for an olympics, the amount of medals we might win as our athletes seems to be super human in Trinidad .

Practically everyone peaks for one race, which is why you usually see a significant drop off in performances after a big champs. Peaking is an physically and emotionally draining process and 13 days is not enough time to recharge and go again, not to mention that 2-3 days was spent intransit and recovering from the jet lag.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »

WHy allyuh slamming Richard Thompson and kiss D Brown asshole so?  Steups

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »
Allyuh f---in' nuts.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 08:30:19 AM »

Practically everyone peaks for one race, which is why you usually see a significant drop off in performances after a big champs. Peaking is an physically and emotionally draining process and 13 days is not enough time to recharge and go again, not to mention that 2-3 days was spent intransit and recovering from the jet lag.
Utter Rubbish, you dont go and peak at 9.85 and then struggle to run 10.2, that argument would of hold some light if he ran 9.9's or I am being gracious 10.0's. That decline is too radical. It is probably just mo,'s home cooked food, We should hire a chef to go with the team to ensure that they perform to their best.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 10:28:01 PM »

Utter Rubbish, you dont go and peak at 9.85 and then struggle to run 10.2, that argument would of hold some light if he ran 9.9's or I am being gracious 10.0's. That decline is too radical. It is probably just mo,'s home cooked food, We should hire a chef to go with the team to ensure that they perform to their best.

First of all, everybody saw RT better the competition fair and square. He beat KB. All you see the gap between he and the rest. Did he false started? NO!!!!. Was he given a 5 meter handicap? No. he win the friggin. race. Then the time posted is  9.85. Is that is fault? He bribe them? They N3As threaten the man. Come and run or else!!! He come and  friggin' win. He eh win a medal yesterday, allyuh vex. So friggin' what!!!!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:32:09 PM by Deeks »

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
ATO REAL QUIET...we want to hear your views Ato

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 11:43:06 AM »

Ato has already posted his views on this forum!!

Why yuh want the man to repeat himself?!

See quote below!!

It is a good feeling to listen to Richard's interview, and it also made me glad I gave credit/due to Hasely when it was my time. This is what I want. Progress. Too bad the person to break the 200m record probably hasn't been born yet or is unwilling to do real work to be a 19.7x sprinter. In 2011 for us to have no other sub 20s is a real sad statement.

Anyhow I was in a wedding today and my phone was off. I turn it on to the Mike Rodgers madness, and this. So of course I was like uh, oh Richard runs his first sub 10 in 2 years - at home?....time issues again? Not after I actually saw that race. It is in essence the same race as Beijing. Almost identical. After a convo with Richard recently we had a come to Jesus moment and I told Emanuel Hudson today Richard was going to remind people (some of you) WHO he is. He did that.

I dunno why losing my NCAA record stung and this one feels so good. Maybe it's because I don't want a NR if it means the country's sprinters have stagnated, which they have. They have regressed. All of them, save for Bledman this year.

It is interesting to listen to the broadcast because it shows how completely clueless they are in their pre-race analysis of what would happen, why and by whom, not to mention NOT pointing out that it was a NR for some time after - or KNOWING what the old NR was (one of them). Confirms what I and others say about an uneducated TnF press in TNT.

This NR is good and bad for Richard. Good because his confidence is sky-high now, heading to Worlds. Bad because the pressure is truly on now. He can't just have an OK worlds. He HAS TO threaten the podium, or this means nothing.

BTW I thought Brown's 10.13 was encouraging, and his fans should be happy, but I stand by what I said.

Hard to pick who should be the 3rd to go to Worlds. Burns is a better big meet competitor, but Armstrong has earned his chance to go.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:13:35 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
Come nah Socapro , Paceman talking about his thoughts on RT, AA and KB performances , not the 9.85 run as he gave his comments on that already. But I really find Ato quiet, unquestionable so , Come on Ato give us your expert analysis , leaving no hold barred , raw and uncut.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2011, 01:19:25 PM »
I remain unconvinced about the clock in TT.  I made that point the day after the Nationals and was taken to task by some posters.  Yes, RT won the race and is better than every TT sprinter, but the point is that time appears bogus since he has not come near that before or after.  It is not the only time we have seen these times by TT athletes in Trinidad that are not reproducible any where else.  Until he consistently runs below 10:00 like many of his competitors, he has a lot of work to do.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2011, 02:23:11 PM »
I remain unconvinced about the clock in TT.  I made that point the day after the Nationals and was taken to task by some posters.  Yes, RT won the race and is better than every TT sprinter, but the point is that time appears bogus since he has not come near that before or after.  It is not the only time we have seen these times by TT athletes in Trinidad that are not reproducible any where else.  Until he consistently runs below 10:00 like many of his competitors, he has a lot of work to do.

Was Richard the only athlete in that race? If the clock was bogus for Richard's time then it was also bogus for all of the other athletes’ times in that race! But as we all know all the other athletes ran times that we could have expected from them based upon what they have been doing & their progress all season!

So how could it be logical that the other athletes’ times were legal while RT's time was bogus in the same race?!
Are you listening to yourself?

Use yuh brain nah man?! Ah cyah believe some posters on here could appear to be this dumb!! 
Some ah allyuh either have to be joking or have very little understanding of track & field! :-[

Event 20  Men 100 Meter Dash
===================================================================
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Wind Points
===================================================================
Finals                                                                     
  1 Thompson, Richard         86 Rebirth                   9.85   1.0        :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
  2 Bledman, Keston           88 Simplex                  10.06   1.0       
  3 Armstrong, Aaron          77 Rebirth                  10.07   1.0       
  4 Burns, Marc               83 Rebirth                  10.09   1.0       
  5 Callender, Emmmanuel      84 Memphis Pioneers         10.12   1.0       
  6 Brown, Darrel             84 Rebirth                  10.13   1.0       
  7 Sorrillo, Rondel          86 LA Brea A. C.            10.17   1.0       
  8 James, Jamol              92 Memphis Pioneers         11.02   1.0   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 02:30:09 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
Socapro, RT bribe the other 7 to run slow. He paid them off!!!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2011, 02:42:03 PM »
Socapro, RT bribe the other 7 to run slow. He paid them off!!!

:D

As ridiculous as that might sound you know some folks on here will prefer to believe that rather than accept that RT’s time was legit!

I give up!! You can take a fool to the water of knowledge but you can't force him to drink!!  8)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2011, 05:31:56 PM »
i was talking to pardna today and he believe the clock still messed up.  he admit the time reasonable for everyone except armstrong. he firmly believe armstrong cannot run faster than a legit 10.25 so he feels it was 2 tenths off for everybody and RT actually run 10.05, bledman 10.26, etc.  either way i doh care, the bottom line is track and field needs more support and better organization from the NAAA which not happening until things change.  we have the talent but when ppl cant even register a man for the 400m hurdles u cant expect a high level of success on a regular.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
i was talking to pardna today and he believe the clock still messed up.  he admit the time reasonable for everyone except armstrong. he firmly believe armstrong cannot run faster than a legit 10.25 so he feels it was 2 tenths off for everybody and RT actually run 10.05, bledman 10.26, etc.  either way i doh care, the bottom line is track and field needs more support and better organization from the NAAA which not happening until things change.  we have the talent but when ppl cant even register a man for the 400m hurdles u cant expect a high level of success on a regular.

Yuh shoulda ask yuh pardner who doubting that RT’s time is correct if he works for the IAAF?!
Some Trinis feel they are experts at everything when in fact they are only experts at feteing!
There was actually an IAAF official there at the meet to ratify the times as legit or not based on the wind speed etc, which they did for times in RT's race because the wind was legal!

You can take a horse to the water but you can't force it to drink! Some folks will believe whatever they want to believe despite any logical evidence you may show them to the contrary!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 09:28:49 PM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 01:32:31 AM »

Yuh shoulda ask yuh pardner who doubting that RT’s time is correct if he works for the IAAF?!
Some Trinis feel they are experts at everything when in fact they are only experts at feteing!
There was actually an IAAF official there at the meet to ratify the times as legit or not based on the wind speed etc, which they did for times in RT's race because the wind was legal!

You can take a horse to the water but you can't force it to drink! Some folks will believe whatever they want to believe despite any logical evidence you may show them to the contrary!!

Since you in the know. Who was the IAAF official ?

Offline fLaSh

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 10:21:54 AM »
There was no IAAF Official there. The IAAF cannot send somebody to every meet in the world to verify times. There was a Finish Lynx rep who came to conduct some courses in Photofinish and Electronic measurement for Field Events etc. Do not confuse him with an IAAF Official

Offline Paceman123

• Full Warrior
  • The talent to be a great runner is a gift from Go
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
I WAS never talking about this man i saw this i am talking about that sub par performance all yr your running 10.0s 10.1s then boom .85 then back to *WORLDS ON A HIGH AS ATO SAID* AND flops dont talk for Amstrong OMFG 10.48 he should not even be on the relay. How do you run 10.07 and go Korea and run 10.48..I hope allyuh noticing the trend with Amstrong and he bullshit. Now tell me what makes all these guy different from DARREL ..ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ..thats the only man who had a season that we can say ok he is on his way back as for the others they flop big time. BTW i would have gone with Marc in the 100m he along with Kim collins are the best at running rounds I have seen a long while and he better be on that backstretch come 4by1 time. That is all i have to say.

See quote below!!

It is a good feeling to listen to Richard's interview, and it also made me glad I gave credit/due to Hasely when it was my time. This is what I want. Progress. Too bad the person to break the 200m record probably hasn't been born yet or is unwilling to do real work to be a 19.7x sprinter. In 2011 for us to have no other sub 20s is a real sad statement.

Anyhow I was in a wedding today and my phone was off. I turn it on to the Mike Rodgers madness, and this. So of course I was like uh, oh Richard runs his first sub 10 in 2 years - at home?....time issues again? Not after I actually saw that race. It is in essence the same race as Beijing. Almost identical. After a convo with Richard recently we had a come to Jesus moment and I told Emanuel Hudson today Richard was going to remind people (some of you) WHO he is. He did that.

I dunno why losing my NCAA record stung and this one feels so good. Maybe it's because I don't want a NR if it means the country's sprinters have stagnated, which they have. They have regressed. All of them, save for Bledman this year.

It is interesting to listen to the broadcast because it shows how completely clueless they are in their pre-race analysis of what would happen, why and by whom, not to mention NOT pointing out that it was a NR for some time after - or KNOWING what the old NR was (one of them). Confirms what I and others say about an uneducated TnF press in TNT.

This NR is good and bad for Richard. Good because his confidence is sky-high now, heading to Worlds. Bad because the pressure is truly on now. He can't just have an OK worlds. He HAS TO threaten the podium, or this means nothing.

BTW I thought Brown's 10.13 was encouraging, and his fans should be happy, but I stand by what I said.

Hard to pick who should be the 3rd to go to Worlds. Burns is a better big meet competitor, but Armstrong has earned his chance to go.

truetrini

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 11:14:37 AM »
I WAS never talking about this man i saw this i am talking about that sub par performance all yr your running 10.0s 10.1s then boom .85 then back to *WORLDS ON A HIGH AS ATO SAID* AND flops dont talk for Amstrong OMFG 10.48 he should not even be on the relay. How do you run 10.07 and go Korea and run 10.48..I hope allyuh noticing the trend with Amstrong and he bullshit. Now tell me what makes all these guy different from DARREL ..ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ..thats the only man who had a season that we can say ok he is on his way back as for the others they flop big time. BTW i would have gone with Marc in the 100m he along with Kim collins are the best at running rounds I have seen a long while and he better be on that backstretch come 4by1 time. That is all i have to say.

See quote below!!

Yuh talking shit..Them same men beat Brown ass..and do it with aplomb!  SO iof them men flop..what does that say about D. Brown's licks and abilities?  9.5x..yuh did say?  hahahahahaha

1]; } ?>