April 28, 2024, 03:40:41 PM

Author Topic: They need an overhaul of the T&F Program in T&T  (Read 4753 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: They need an overhaul of the T&F Program in T&T
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2011, 12:13:17 AM »
Any top athlete coming out of T&T will be inspite of not because of the system. Fact! Unless things are changed from the primary school level, it will remain that way.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »
Any top athlete coming out of T&T will be inspite of not because of the system. Fact! Unless things are changed from the primary school level, it will remain that way.

You are so right. That is why I does thank God for small mercies. I do not accept 2nd best, but I know the mentality of this country. Athletes have to crush stone to make bread. You know how many good athletes who needed that financial help to go over the hump and they just gave up.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 09:21:17 AM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2011, 11:08:23 AM »

You are so right. That is why I does thank God for small mercies. I do not accept 2nd best, but I know the mentality of this country. Athletes have to crush stone to make bread. You know how many good athletes who needed that financial help to go over the hump and they just gave up.

thats why we need a club who can deal with with the issue, because the national association is failing in this regard.

we need more interaction with the schools such as training seminars and workshops, scouting in the schools and educating the kids from an early age how to run properly, training, diets, the importance of taking care of their body, resting/recovery.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 02:59:33 PM »

thats why we need a club who can deal with with the issue, because the national association is failing in this regard.

we need more interaction with the schools such as training seminars and workshops, scouting in the schools and educating the kids from an early age how to run properly, training, diets, the importance of taking care of their body, resting/recovery.

Well Bro, I eh see no club or organization on the horizon at this moment.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
we need to improve the clubs we have instead of trying to form a new super club.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 04:10:18 PM »
we need to improve the clubs we have instead of trying to form a new super club.

you can't teach an old dog new tricks, those clubs ain't changing, if you are waiting for that, good luck
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:40:09 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »

Well Bro, I eh see no club or organization on the horizon at this moment.

in the near future i expect to see a T&F club that will take our athletics to  higher level :beermug:

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »
Looks like TI coming out with a club in T&T...I getting dat vibe for a while nwo...

1]; } ?>