April 28, 2024, 03:32:42 PM

Author Topic: Worlds 400m Flat Predictions...  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Worlds 400m Flat Predictions...
« on: August 17, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
Please post them here!!

Kirani James

Can he medal and is it possible that we might hear the Grenada national anthem at Worlds for the first time?

I think T&T's Renny Quow will step-up as our runners don't like to lose against the smaller islands! Call it patriotism or badmind mind if you will.

And do we have any male Jamaican 400m sprinter who can step up in this event and also be a serious medal contender?

Is it possible that we will see a Caribbean 1,2,3 in this event keeping in mind that the Bahamas will also have some serious 400m medal contenders?

Or will the USA have something arrogant to say about any possible Caribbean 1,2,3?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 07:46:12 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: Worlds 400m Flat Predictions...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 08:16:14 PM »
3 people not beating Kirani. That you can be assured of. Can he win? Absolutely. At 18, he would be the youngest ever.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
Please post them here!!

Kirani James

Can he medal and is it possible that we might hear the Grenada national anthem at Worlds for the first time?

I think T&T's Renny Quow will step-up as our runners don't like to lose against the smaller islands! Call it patriotism or badmind mind if you will.

And do we have any male Jamaican 400m sprinter who can step up in this event and also be a serious medal contender?

Is it possible that we will see a Caribbean 1,2,3 in this event keeping in mind that the Bahamas will also have some serious 400m medal contenders?

Or will the USA have something arrogant to say about any possible Caribbean 1,2,3?

Love T&T. But I do not see Quow placing. Lucky if he make the final. I wish him the best and hope he proves me wrong. But with KJ, RB, CB, JG, TH, DP, KB(Belgian) his twin brother can run too. This will be one strong field Quow. In fact this field is stronger than it was two years ago.

Here are my predictions:

1st KJ (GRN)
2nd JG (JAM
3rd LM (USA)
4th CB (BAH)
5th RB (GRN)
6th KB (BEL)
7th RQ (TRI) I hope I am wrong
8th DP (BAH)
?9th TH (UVI)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:51:00 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »

Germain Gonzales

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 11:20:13 AM »
Lashawn Merritt 7th? Did you not see his Stockholm race??

I would bet my HOUSE Merritt ent getting no 7th nowhere. He hasn't been lower than 2nd in about 3 years, including in his comeback race after 21 months off...where they had to lean hard to beat him into 2nd.

He can run his 10th best race and win, even if everyone else runs their best ever race.
BORN TO DO IT

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 01:50:03 PM »
finalists should be james, bartholomew, merritt, gonzales, brown, mcquay, pinder and one of the borlees(Kevin or jonathon).  Hopefully iam wrong about quow and his experience gets him in the final ahead guys like pinder and borlee.

my top 3 are james, merritt and gonzales.  although james on fire, i think merritt's experience will be the difference.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:49:06 PM »
Lashawn Merritt 7th? Did you not see his Stockholm race??

I would bet my HOUSE Merritt ent getting no 7th nowhere. He hasn't been lower than 2nd in about 3 years, including in his comeback race after 21 months off...where they had to lean hard to beat him into 2nd.

He can run his 10th best race and win, even if everyone else runs their best ever race.

You're right A.B. I will modify the predictions.

AirMan

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
I think the money is on the grenadian (because of recent form) but I will not be surprised if Merrit or Gonzales...hopefully Quow cause an upset

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 03:42:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0IAgjg05ugw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/0IAgjg05ugw</a>
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>