March 28, 2024, 05:27:23 PM

Author Topic: Navin Stewart  (Read 1664 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Navin Stewart
« on: August 31, 2011, 05:45:52 AM »
TT selectors may live to regret not picking Navin Stewart for the Airtel Championships in India starting in September,he is a proven 20/20 player and should be in before Emrit or Gabriel.Ramdin has not stepped up since his recent demise and is a wasted selection when Perkins,Bravo and Simmons can keep,surely another allrounder like Kanhai,another bowler or batsman would be a better option than Ramdin.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Navin Stewart
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »
Ramdin did well in the inter team matches ,his teams beat all the Gangas teams .

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 07:00:02 PM »
TT selectors may live to regret not picking Navin Stewart for the Airtel Championships in India starting in September,he is a proven 20/20 player and should be in before Emrit or Gabriel.Ramdin has not stepped up since his recent demise and is a wasted selection when Perkins,Bravo and Simmons can keep,surely another allrounder like Kanhai,another bowler or batsman would be a better option than Ramdin.

I  fine that Stewart is always over looked.  ???

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:11:13 PM »

I  fine that Stewart is always over looked.  ???

i'd have a look at him as a lower order hitter but his bowling imo does not warrant him a place ahead of Emrit of Gabriel. I'd wager that Emrit is perhaps more reliable with bat than him as well albeit not as explosive. But seeing as there's no Pollard or Dwayne Bravo, i'm a bit concerned about our lack of lower hitters with his exclusion.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »
"i'm a bit concerned obout the lack of hitters in the lower order",Arazi that was basically my point and the fact that we dont need Stewart to bowl 4 overs made it even more of an argument for his inclusion in the team.We have nuff bowlers to share it around but hitters like Stewart are hard to find,he is always good for a rapid 20,which in T/20 terms could be match winning.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 06:54:10 AM »
I see that we just about beat the WIPA select 11 but TT came close to losing all because our middle order were incapable of getting quick runs,Stewart would have been the perfect man for the situation.

1]; } ?>