March 28, 2024, 08:52:56 AM

Author Topic: Trivia  (Read 2017 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trivia
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
Has 2 different T&T athletes ever won individual medals at the same world or olympic games? If so, who were they and what was the year?

AirMan

Re: Trivia
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 02:00:08 PM »
Dude this is easy. Renny Quow and Josanne Lucas medal at the previous Worlds

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 02:18:17 PM »
Ok, I actually forgot about Quow's bronze, so thought it was never done. Still, to only have done this once, highlights the chasm between us and Jamaica.

AirMan

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 02:29:07 PM »
Yu must be mad to  compare TnT to jamaica! Lol so you made a trivia about TnT to discuss comparisons between Jamaics? LOL...TnT obvious  poor showing this year is the failure of top athletes to make finals..and if you can't make finals forget about medalling.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 02:30:57 PM by AirMan »

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 02:37:55 PM »
Yu must be mad to  compare TnT to jamaica! Lol so you made a trivia about TnT to discuss comparisons between Jamaics? LOL...TnT obvious  poor showing this year is the failure of top athletes to make finals..and if you can't make finals forget about medalling.

No the trivia was not to do a comparison, but the obvious gap is startling, for reasons we have already discussed.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
No worries about this gap in T&F.
What purpose does it serve to pay attention to Jamaica?

This mentality of looking over the fence in your neighbour's yard serves no purpose; get your own house in order.  You feel Grenada minding we that's why James grab gold?

whey boy!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 03:14:57 PM »

This mentality of looking over the fence in your neighbour's yard serves no purpose; get your own house in order.  You feel Grenada minding we that's why James grab gold?

I can’t believe that some fellas here so proud that they can't bring themselves to learn from any of our neighbours who are excelling in certain areas and setting a good example of what we can be doing to compete on a world class level in that area!

So we should be too proud & ignorant to learn from our neighbours when they are excelling in certain areas that we are also capable of excelling in! No wonder we are stuck with our heads in the sand and not excelling in those areas!!

Also explains a lot why the West Indies Federation was doomed from the start! Too many folks of a certain mentality who don't want to work with and learn from each other for the betterment of the region! :-[
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 03:25:02 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 03:53:39 PM »

That's right ! Get your own house in order before start making comparisons.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:22:14 PM »

I agree with that. I remember the 2nd Carifta game being held in the QPO in 1973. I notice that the Jamaican had more athletes particpanting in each event. In some events, the results were 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 1,3 or 2,3. Even host, TT could not replicate that feat even though we had some good performance(Horace Tuitt) and came second in the medal count. They win 55 to 60% of all the medals in almost all the games. So now, since 72 we eh learn we does do bullocks when it comes to TF. We already know what the JA has. Since Helsinki they have produced. What is there to learn again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARIFTA_Games

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:38:53 PM »

I agree with that. I remember the 2nd Carifta game being held in the QPO in 1973. I notice that the Jamaican had more athletes particpanting in each event. In some events, the results were 1,2 or 1,2,3 or 1,3 or 2,3. Even host, TT could not replicate that feat even though we had some good performance(Horace Tuitt) and came second in the medal count. They win 55 to 60% of all the medals in almost all the games. So now, since 72 we eh learn we does do bullocks when it comes to TF. We already know what the JA has. Since Helsinki they have produced. What is there to learn again?

What there is to learn is why we cannot do better. What does JA, Cuba and the bahamas do that we do not. If we accepting that we cannot beat with the best, then we might as well stay home! I refuse to accept the JA has some god given right to be a better T&F nation than us.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »

What there is to learn is why we cannot do better. What does JA, Cuba and the bahamas do that we do not. If we accepting that we cannot beat with the best, then we might as well stay home! I refuse to accept the JA has some god given right to be a better T&F nation than us.

Bro, first you need to rectify the thinking of the powers who control the financial purses of the country. If you could convince them to invest in grassroots TF programs and look at a long term view, and not every Olimpic year, then you getting somewhere. Do you honestly think TT uses the potential of the entire population to produce athletes? We know everything what JA, Bahamas and Cuba do. We just don't have what it takes to do the same.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 01:02:18 PM by Deeks »

AirMan

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 05:14:36 PM »

Boss track fans in here have been asking that question every year. honestly dont know what to tell yuh

1]; } ?>