March 28, 2024, 09:33:02 AM

Author Topic: Robles: I wouldn’t have been DQ’d if I were from a more powerful country  (Read 1584 times)

AirMan

Robles: I wouldn’t have been DQ’d if I were from a more powerful country

Cuban hurdler Dayron Robles, who was disqualified after winning the sprint hurdles title at the World Championships said he wouldn’t have had his gold medal taken away if he came from a more powerful country.

Robles, the Olympic champion and world record holder, crossed the finishing line first in the men’s 110m hurdles final, but had his gold medal take away after judges upheld an appeal from the Chinese contingent after replays showed that the Cuban held back Liu Xiang.

“If I were from another country that had more power, that wouldn’t have happened,” Robles was quoted as telling The Associated Press on Tuesday.

“It’s very controversial that these things happen in an athletics world championships, lamentably it was my turn to lose out.”

He added: “You can always get hit, you open your arms and there’s always contact. I’ve had races where I’ve collided with (American hurdler David) Oliver, with the same Chinese (Liu), that’s normal and all the athletes know it.”

http://world-track.org/2011/08/robles-i-wouldnt-have-been-dqd-if-i-were-from-a-more-powerful-country/

AirMan

For those who have not see the race

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/hKmgVAbwwHw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/hKmgVAbwwHw</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
interesting. ah need to see the contact from ah closer visual shot before i give an opinion

truetrini

Robles playing de arse..he grabbed the damn man arm when he was about to run past him.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Robles playing de arse..he grabbed the damn man arm when he was about to run past him.

Twice
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile

He cost de facking chinee man the gold!! He grabbed the man hand!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

truetrini

He cost de facking chinee man the gold!! He grabbed the man hand!!

On purpose!

AirMan

still funny how Robles decide to hug the man after the race  :D

truetrini

still funny how Robles decide to hug the man after the race  :D

trying to pass it off

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Bullshit more powerful country my ass .... the chinese guy was closing him and passing and he impeded the guy!!!

1]; } ?>