April 26, 2024, 12:01:08 AM

Author Topic: 10 reasons we can make it to Brazil 2014  (Read 7137 times)

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons we can make it to Brazil 2014
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 11:01:42 PM »

4. Strong penetration of our nationals playing professional football abroad in “A” leagues

9. T&T public will join the march to Brazil once they see results (we are fair weather fans, not passionate loyalists)

Decent points except the above two (1) Pfister is not currently picking anyone from the A-League (2) We are not fair weather fans. We have seen a cabal of greedy people destroy the game in this country and we damn fed up. However we have fair weather, can't-spell, journalists, who stood by and watched and never had the balls to call these same people out.
That was a joke right?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 11:03:38 PM »
TnT CANNOT beat the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras!! They are 2 or 3 levels above us, with WAY more international experience that us. We play one effin game in 2011 against, India! Look at the opponents Mex and USA have played against since the WC ended in South Africa. Mex sent there under 23 team to the Copa America to play against other A class teams there. Who de f___K TnT play? U think TnT can compete in Copa America? We NOT ready and that is a fact!!! We operating on "guess" and false hope!

So ummmm (or is it "ammmm") what to do boss??? Tell we nah???
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »

4. Strong penetration of our nationals playing professional football abroad in “A” leagues

9. T&T public will join the march to Brazil once they see results (we are fair weather fans, not passionate loyalists)

Decent points except the above two (1) Pfister is not currently picking anyone from the A-League (2) We are not fair weather fans. We have seen a cabal of greedy people destroy the game in this country and we damn fed up. However we have fair weather, can't-spell, journalists, who stood by and watched and never had the balls to call these same people out.
That was a joke right?

Yes, and a bad one at that....just making a flippant comment on some of these journalists reporting skills.

Then again he's not really a journalist, just a paid marketer
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:13:22 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 11:15:09 PM »

That was a joke right?

Yes, and a bad one at that....just making a flippant comment on some of these journalists reporting skills.

Then again he's not really a journalist, just a paid marketer
lol...seen. Technically u wrong tho eh...Tony Warner playing in the A-League lol

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 11:32:51 PM »

lol...seen. Technically u wrong tho eh...Tony Warner playing in the A-League lol

i just get buff on another thread for complaining that pfister chupid for not picking A-league players. so i go take meh licks for being wrong twice on the same topic  :devil:
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2011, 01:46:57 AM »

To be honest a football miracle have to happen for this bunch to qualify.
It so easy to predict the final HEX and unfortunately TT not there.
But where there is Pfsiter there is hope. Or maybe he will end up under the coconut tree also.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2011, 04:27:38 AM »

i just get buff on another thread for complaining that pfister chupid for not picking A-league players. so i go take meh licks for being wrong twice on the same topic  :devil:
:rotfl: :rotfl: Doh study it, we all have our moments

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »

To be honest a football miracle have to happen for this bunch to qualify.
It so easy to predict the final HEX and unfortunately TT not there.
But where there is Pfsiter there is hope. Or maybe he will end up under the coconut tree also.

i must be blind or something but I don't see this as A. our shabbiest team and B. a team that can't make it to as far as their brave hearts can carry them. Personally, I think this team is filled with talent. If Otto can lay down de Iron Pfist and get this bunch together along with a couple other defenders coming into the fold and some practice games under we belt.. (and I say dat loosely) I strongly believe this team is the one too watch. No there is no Latapy and Dwight Yorke, marvin andrews or Tallest but we woulda say de same when there was no longer a faustin, Leonson, Nakhid or Elcock, Angus & dawrika. Truth be told, we always have talent; wayward or not. What we do have is a pretty good football culture in TnT (caribbean-ically speaking) and if we can gather from that strength to propel ourselves forward maybe we can go all the way. Go warriors Go!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2011, 06:22:40 AM »
All being said. If mid-field and defence don't step up in a big way, we eh going noway. I wish these guys all the best. They have my utmost and patriotic support. But I seeing reality as it is.  I will listen attentitive on ah pin cushion to the score today :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2011, 08:51:44 AM »
What you guys really need to do is test your team (and Pfister) against Central American (Or South american) opponents. I like the optimism following the victory over India, but to be honest, that game, along with the upcoming games vs Bermuda, Guyana and Barbados will only give you a false sense of the superiority...you really need to play at least a couple of the top teams in CONCACAF to get a real feel for where you are.

But quick question, how would you guys compare the team currently assembled for the Bermuda game to the team that played in the qualifiers for South Africa 2010? Would you say you have a better core of players now? I know the general feeling is that the coach is way better, and that Jack is out the picture, but it all comes down to the 11 that takes the field. Its always going to be hard replacing experienced guys like Yorke, Lawrence, etc.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2011, 09:15:59 AM »
We can't compare. This is the first game they playing together. Am I wrong? No comparison!!!!!!

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2011, 10:58:37 AM »

4 Reasons why TnT may not make it.

1)USA
2)Mexico
3)Costa Rica
4)Honduras

Let us forget Jamaica, El Salvador, Guatemala and this is where you should be directing your prayers that they eliminate themselves so that we don't have to play them.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2011, 11:59:33 AM »
Sometimes I does really wonder if people realise how hard it is to qualify for a World Cup when you're not an established football nation...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2011, 12:14:37 PM »

4 Reasons why TnT may not make it.

1)USA
2)Mexico
3)Costa Rica
4)Honduras

Let us forget Jamaica, El Salvador, Guatemala and this is where you should be directing your prayers that they eliminate themselves so that we don't have to play them.

I noticed you conveniently left out Panama...Take note of what they did in the last Gold Cup! I'll be honest with you, qualification for Brazil will be EXTREMELY tough. In fact, I wouldnt even name Costa Rica in the top 4 CONCACAF right now, that alone tells you how much competition there is. You also get the feeling that Canada is past due for a return to the world cup.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:16:54 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2011, 10:37:20 PM »
Sometimes I does really wonder if people realise how hard it is to qualify for a World Cup when you're not an established football nation...

Is not that we are not an established football nation. We playing WC since 66. We have a bit of pedigree. But each WC is always some issue with preparation and money. After 2 near misses and and a solitary appearance in 2006, you honestly think we should be in this pathetic position. Only one practice against India(no disrespect) before the Bermuda. Read all the comments of the game and you wonder why people skittish about our campaign. But goodluck. They have my support. But I on pins and needles for the campaign. I think we go thru Rio claro before Rio de janeiro. Hope we though get stuck in claro.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2011, 01:48:30 PM »

Is not that we are not an established football nation. We playing WC since 66.

you being pedantic, not to mention that we playing FOOTBALL long before that...
India qualified for a World Cup in the 30s. That don't make them an established  football nation:

These are what I mean by established football nations:
Brazil, Argentina, England, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands,  Spain, Mexico
These is the teams you get shocked to not see in a world cup, especially one with 32 countries.

For historical reasons you could put Portugal, Uruguay, Russia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Scotland, Poland, Austria, Chile, South Korea  although they are all hit and miss these days
To a certain extent you could put Cameroon, Nigeria, USA, Paraguay, Egypt, Japan as emerging nations but none of anybody who not on the first list could think they guaranteed to qualify for a World Cup, let alone two little islands that barely have 2 million people to choose from.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2011, 05:08:31 PM »

India qualified for a World Cup in the 30s. That don't make them an established  football nation:

These is the teams you get shocked to not see in a world cup, especially one with 32 countries.

For historical reasons you could put Portugal, Uruguay, Russia, Czech Republic, Serbia, Hungary, Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium, Scotland, Poland, Austria, Chile, South Korea  although they are all hit and miss these days
To a certain extent you could put Cameroon, Nigeria, USA, Paraguay, Egypt, Japan as emerging nations but none of anybody who not on the first list could think they guaranteed to qualify for a World Cup, let alone two little islands that barely have 2 million people to choose from.

Since 66 we playing WC football. This years prep for Bermuda look more like South Sudan preparing for African CL. Them is first comers. We been thru dat. We play in a WC already. We have the experience. Leave that kind a prep for countries who don't have resources and technical skill. We have all a that.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »

My bad, I forgot about Panama. More fire, dread.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2011, 07:01:56 PM »

Since 66 we playing WC football. This years prep for Bermuda look more like South Sudan preparing for African CL. Them is first comers. We been thru dat. We play in a WC already. We have the experience. Leave that kind a prep for countries who don't have resources and technical skill. We have all a that.

Watch here, yuh got a point but nothing is going to improve in the preparation department until Scamps & them have been pushed out of office!

This is why we must keep booing the Scamps & dem at all our games especially when the cameras are rolling because they are 100% responsible for this totally shambolic world cup qualification campaign!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:07:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:47 AM »

Ah sarcasm...my bad. I now get it.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2011, 06:13:19 AM »
What you guys really need to do is test your team (and Pfister) against Central American (Or South american) opponents. I like the optimism following the victory over India, but to be honest, that game, along with the upcoming games vs Bermuda, Guyana and Barbados will only give you a false sense of the superiority...you really need to play at least a couple of the top teams in CONCACAF to get a real feel for where you are.

But quick question, how would you guys compare the team currently assembled for the Bermuda game to the team that played in the qualifiers for South Africa 2010? Would you say you have a better core of players now? I know the general feeling is that the coach is way better, and that Jack is out the picture, but it all comes down to the 11 that takes the field. Its always going to be hard replacing experienced guys like Yorke, Lawrence, etc.

where we are really rite now is unknown, an come game day only God knows, but you can be the best in the world like Usain Bolt and on race day only God knows, what is knows is somehow we got to a world cup in our history an history repeats itself.

truetrini

« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »
Lord reading this giving me indigestion.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2013, 07:41:12 PM »
TT you is a real like to torture peopl. you just come from Abu grabe or wha?

1]; } ?>