March 28, 2024, 12:44:11 PM

Author Topic: 10 reasons we can make it to Brazil 2014  (Read 7076 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
10 reasons we can make it to Brazil 2014
« on: September 01, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
By Dennis Ramdeen (Pepper Advertising & Experiential Marketing)

1. Because some people believe so. (Crawford and maybe one or two other people expected him to win the 100 metres at the Olympics; you should hear him tell his story about his time with the other athletes just before they went on the track on that faithful day.  He first psyched them out and then he ran them out of town.  Crawford believed in himself and took on the world almost by himself.)

2. We are playing for 3 1/2 places.

3. Coach Pfister’s philosophy to look local first and then global

4. Strong penetration of our nationals playing professional football abroad in “A” leagues

5. Coach’s experience working with small countries and similar ethnics (he has said the players have “music in them” – I like that he seems to want to understand them rather than impose his methodology on them)

6. Funding appears to be in place ($45mm committed publicly by Anil Roberts)

7. First stage could be a blessing in disguise; we are not accustom playing in this stage of the Qualifiers and it will give Pfister a lot more time than Beenhakker had with the team

8. We have a world class striker

9. T&T public will join the march to Brazil once they see results (we are fair weather fans, not passionate loyalists)

10. Our under dog status.  (might cause an opponent to take us lightly while giving us a reason to prove them wrong)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:00:35 AM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 10 reasons we can make it to Brazil 2014
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »

Who?  Ah tort Yorke retired?

KJ good he's not world class yet......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »

You mad or what  ???  Is Stern John they talking!!!!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »
As far as I'm concerned there will be only one reason and that is coach Pfister and the fact that we have him from the start of the qualifiers as opposed to half way through the final stage.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 12:00:39 PM »
As far as I'm concerned there will be only one reason and that is coach Pfister and the fact that we have him from the start of the qualifiers as opposed to half way through the final stage.

correct  :beermug:

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:39 PM »
Once our team does not take any other team for granted and work hard as a unit, we should be in with a chance to make it to the hex.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 12:36:04 PM »
Alright, now ah beggin Shaun to post some more vids!

And btw, two words to put a damper on this fun, optimistic article: Costa Rica
Hart for president

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »
once upon a time we jus had to beat bahrain to go world cup in germany and we did it.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 01:22:18 PM »
Well Done Dennis- I hope the World class forward will produce the goods. KJ and Roberts at least have experience and then John so we should be well represented in the frontline..

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »
Is one thing to have a world class forward, a next thing for him to be in form at the right time.
Ask the T&T campaigns from 1994-2002 how come we never make a WC with a World Class striker leading the ranks.....

I always maintain, if we ever qualify for a WC, we need a striker to find the form of his life.
OR
a couple offensive players hit top form at the right time, like Latas and Stern for 2006

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
Alright, now ah beggin Shaun to post some more vids!

And btw, two words to put a damper on this fun, optimistic article: Costa Rica

we will beat them with pfister and advance to the hex  8)

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 03:04:03 PM »

you guys are missing the most important reason, which is that JW cannot interfere with how things will run. Thank God for Chuck Blazer. He is the channel God used to free us from the shackles of JW. What we do with this new-found freedom is a different story. but I honestly believe we will qualify and will vindicate us all who considered JW nothing more than a millstone around T&T"s football neck.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
Is one thing to have a world class forward, a next thing for him to be in form at the right time.
Ask the T&T campaigns from 1994-2002 how come we never make a WC with a World Class striker leading the ranks.....

I always maintain, if we ever qualify for a WC, we need a striker to find the form of his life.
OR
a couple offensive players hit top form at the right time, like Latas and Stern for 2006

I beg to differ here Bro. Mid-field and defence are our problem. When TT has strong middle and good defence we do well. But I am not sure about this bunch. After 2006, Our mids have been woefull. Hence KJ and Stern lack of goals.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 03:20:03 PM by Deeks »

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 04:24:58 PM »
I wonder what does be goin thru the minds of our young defenders.  Year after year the warrior defense does be our major issue, but nobody steppin up and commanding de backline.  I hope Otto could create good defenders out of this lot in the short space of time that he has!!

OR

I beg to differ here Bro. Mid-field and defence are our problem. When TT has strong middle and good defence we do well. But I am not sure about this bunch. After 2006, Our mids have been woefull. Hence KJ and Stern lack of goals.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 05:54:33 PM »

By industry standards, KJ IS a world class striker. He plays in the top tier of one one of the top leagues in the World. Or, maybe John Terry dont know what he talking about?

AirMan

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2011, 06:27:54 PM »
I see some good reasons why we should make it to Brazil but there are some obstacles that may cause failure. As of right now our defence is weak. Regardless who we rotate in and out defence it looks weak. We dont have enough talented defenders playing outside T&T at the moment and we have no real depth in defence. With that being said I feel we have a good enough team to qualify (hopefully the young defenders take this opportunity to step up and a good club which can develop them realize their potential )

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 06:32:17 PM »
ah agree KJ is a world class striker. buh every world class striker needs a good team (especially good midfielders) behind him to be successful

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2011, 06:47:33 PM »

4. Strong penetration of our nationals playing professional football abroad in “A” leagues

9. T&T public will join the march to Brazil once they see results (we are fair weather fans, not passionate loyalists)

Decent points except the above two (1) Pfister is not currently picking anyone from the A-League (2) We are not fair weather fans. We have seen a cabal of greedy people destroy the game in this country and we damn fed up. However we have fair weather, can't-spell, journalists, who stood by and watched and never had the balls to call these same people out.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 06:52:14 PM »
Kj will only be effective if being fed by the wingers. He needs some good crosses in the Air, that is his strength.
 The test will be in this rounds of qualifications.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »
I see some good reasons why we should make it to Brazil but there are some obstacles that may cause failure. As of right now our defence is weak. Regardless who we rotate in and out defence it looks weak. We dont have enough talented defenders playing outside T&T at the moment and we have no real depth in defence. With that being said I feel we have a good enough team to qualify (hopefully the young defenders take this opportunity to step up and a good club which can develop them realize their potential )

In the past we defence does look good against bermuda and guyana but when we face stronger opposition like  Costa Rica and Honduras that is when we see the weakness. ah hope this is not same story for this WC campaign.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2011, 07:10:58 PM »
By Dennis Ramdeen (Pepper Advertising & Experiential Marketing)

1. Because some people believe so. (Crawford and maybe one or two other people expected him to win the 100 metres at the Olympics; you should hear him tell his story about his time with the other athletes just before they went on the track on that faithful day.  He first psyched them out and then he ran them out of town.  Crawford believed in himself and took on the world almost by himself.)

2. We are playing for 3 1/2 places.

3. Coach Pfister’s philosophy to look local first and then global

5. Coach’s experience working with small countries and similar ethnics (he has said the players have “music in them” – I like that he seems to want to understand them rather than impose his methodology on them)

6. Funding appears to be in place ($45mm committed publicly by Anil Roberts)

7. First stage could be a blessing in disguise; we are not accustom playing in this stage of the Qualifiers and it will give Pfister a lot more time than Beenhakker had with the team

10. Our under dog status.  (might cause an opponent to take us lightly while giving us a reason to prove them wrong)

I feel dennis drinking too much pepper sauce dese days yes ! Man just having fun .... Dennis was up front and centre in the Primier League of Arthur Suite and knows you dont throw even all the right ingredients up in the sky and expect a cake to falls down.

What we have here is a virtual "hope"  situation... No one knows how the team will play ...not even the coach,  as he is only now getting some key players ...good morning .,.,. you must be kenwyn ..you're the captain for friday so congratulations. Hi you must be Chris ....( that one was easy ) ... Kaleem ..I've been hearing a lot about you ...have you played 90 mins with your new team yet ? I hope you guys come in fit as we have no time to get you fit !! So in the day or so that we have to understand what type of football we are supposed to play ...let us .....

Oh by the way ..my name is Coach ...easy to pronounce .... I love this country ...I get to say very little ...keeps the experts guessing ...worked for me in the other underdeveloped countries in which I worked previously. You all know I am german though I sometimes wonder since I have lived outside germany for so many years .... therefore if you all are expecting german football style I am sorry to disappoint as I cant say that I know what that is anymore.

So just give of your best guys and remember your country needs you now ..... and that is good for me folks ...clean ...honest and about as much as I am expecting from the coach given the circumstance in which he is placed ..
underpromise ...overdeliver is my motto . All this we going Brazil talk is way premature in my book ...Brazil ???

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »
KJ isn't too bad with his feet either. . .He is being used in the EPL as a big target man. . .so we seeing plenty goals with his head. But he has decent skills on the ground too
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:29 PM »

You mad or what  ???  Is Stern John they talking!!!!

Just work it out by asking yuhself, how many does KJ have for T&T & is it anywhere near 70?!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »
All we need to GUARANTEE qualification for Brazil 2014 is Troy Marquis

Pfister MUST be holding him back for the Hex.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 07:54:52 PM »

That is if we do fire him before this roud of qualifiers.

Oh sorry ah forget that Jack not involved again!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 08:02:34 PM »
All we need to GUARANTEE qualification for Brazil 2014 is Troy Marquis

Pfister MUST be holding him back for the Hex.

I see Troy Marquis play every position on the field at the same time, even referee. When they score against him, he just disallow it.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline BESBRAHN

• Jr. Warrior
  • Football is life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »

Uriah Bentick and Robert Primus our 2 under-20 stoppers from the WC team of 2009. We should be looking to those 2...i understand Primus is injured.

Offline Small Change

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2011, 08:53:31 PM »
TnT CANNOT beat the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras!! They are 2 or 3 levels above us, with WAY more international experience that us. We play one effin game in 2011 against, India! Look at the opponents Mex and USA have played against since the WC ended in South Africa. Mex sent there under 23 team to the Copa America to play against other A class teams there. Who de f___K TnT play? U think TnT can compete in Copa America? We NOT ready and that is a fact!!! We operating on "guess" and false hope!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 09:11:17 PM »
TnT CANNOT beat the USA, Mexico, Costa Rica, Honduras!! They are 2 or 3 levels above us, with WAY more international experience that us. We play one effin game in 2011 against, India! Look at the opponents Mex and USA have played against since the WC ended in South Africa. Mex sent there under 23 team to the Copa America to play against other A class teams there. Who de f___K TnT play? U think TnT can compete in Copa America? We NOT ready and that is a fact!!! We operating on "guess" and false hope!

Yuh speak ah lot ah truth there but why yuh trying to spoil the good vibes round here for men like Coop's and dem?!

Mankind want ah little relief from SOE and curfew and thing in T&T right now and our national team beating up against fellow football minors is a great escape!!
Don't be a spoilt sport man!! In fact hold ah burn for that post yuh just make!!  :flamethrower:
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 09:15:20 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

AirMan

« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »

I understand where yuh coming from. This article editor right now really just guessing
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 11:06:31 PM by AirMan »

1]; } ?>