March 29, 2024, 04:38:29 AM

Author Topic: Alexander eagerly awaits T&T Olympic call-up.  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Alexander eagerly awaits T&T Olympic call-up.
« on: September 01, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
By: Inshan Mohammed.

St Ann's Rangers trainee and current Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) student Shem Alexander is hoping to play for Trinidad and Tobago's Olympic team in their upcoming qualifiers.

Shem, 22, was born and raised in Trinidad, grew up in Bon Air Gardens, Arouca. He attended South East Port of Spain Government Secondary for five years.

He also played for El Dorado East Secondary School in 2006-2008 under then coaches Trevor Spicer and Adrian Romain, who by the way is also with the St Ann’s base unit. Romain holds the record of being the youngest manager in the current Pro League.

Meantime, the 6 feet, 2 inches midfielder suited up for Defence Force U-15 and Joe Public U-18 team respectively at the youth Pro League level before migrating to North America where he has played with "Brampton F.C." in Canada and also played with a USL PDL team last year called, Central Florida Kraze.

The Palm Beach Atlantic University student won the NCCAA Division I title for the first time in school's history last season and had four assist with no goals. He is Majoring in Organizational Communications.

His man aim for 2011 is to regain full fitness after coming off knee surgery and helping his team to make it past the NCAA South Region Tournament for the first time.

He has been busy over the summer and is currently training with St Ann's Rangers, in 2010 he also had training stints with San Juan Jabloteh. While at Rangers two players stood-out to him were Trent Noel and Mikhail Awai, Shem was very impressed with their work-rate, technical ability and professionalism.

He also trained with the National U-20 team bak in 2008, however, an injury kept him out of contention now he is back and is hoping to catch the eyes of national Olympic Team head coach Angus Eve.

"It would be a great honor to play for Trinidad and Tobago one day, I know I can bring a lot to the game, I am determined to do my best on the field, I am a natural ball winner, something every team needs, I have a high work-rate and I love the game, ended Alexander."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander eagerly awaits T&T Olympic call-up.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 07:18:32 PM »

St Ann's Rangers trainee and current Palm Beach Atlantic University (PBA) student Shem Alexander is hoping to play for Trinidad and Tobago's Olympic team in their upcoming qualifiers.

Shem, 22, was born and raised in Trinidad, grew up in Bon Air Gardens, Arouca. He attended South East Port of Spain Government Secondary for five years.

He also played for El Dorado East Secondary School in 2006-2008 under then coaches Trevor Spicer and Adrian Romain, who by the way is also with the St Ann’s base unit. Romain holds the record of being the youngest manager in the current Pro League.

Meantime, the 6 feet, 2 inches midfielder suited up for Defence Force U-15 and Joe Public U-18 team respectively at the youth Pro League level before migrating to North America where he has played with "Brampton F.C." in Canada and also played with a USL PDL team last year called, Central Florida Kraze.

The Palm Beach Atlantic University student won the NCCAA Division I title for the first time in school's history last season and had four assist with no goals. He is Majoring in Organizational Communications.

His man aim for 2011 is to regain full fitness after coming off knee surgery and helping his team to make it past the NCAA South Region Tournament for the first time.

He has been busy over the summer and is currently training with St Ann's Rangers, in 2010 he also had training stints with San Juan Jabloteh. While at Rangers two players stood-out to him were Trent Noel and Mikhail Awai, Shem was very impressed with their work-rate, technical ability and professionalism.

He also trained with the National U-20 team bak in 2008, however, an injury kept him out of contention now he is back and is hoping to catch the eyes of national Olympic Team head coach Angus Eve.

"It would be a great honor to play for Trinidad and Tobago one day, I know I can bring a lot to the game, I am determined to do my best on the field, I am a natural ball winner, something every team needs, I have a high work-rate and I love the game, ended Alexander."

Knee surgery at age 22 ?? ....just worry about getting better for now Shem ...just worry about getting better !

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:58:50 PM »

Knee surgery at age 22 ?? ....just worry about getting better for now Shem ...just worry about getting better !

You referring to his knee or his game?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:19:48 PM »

You referring to his knee or his game?

lol...chooops...his kneeee :beermug:
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 06:43:00 AM »
Good luck to de youth.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 09:49:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qexcA1qpSDo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qexcA1qpSDo</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 04:07:21 AM »
No offence to de youth, but that video just undo him.

I eh see one good move in it.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>