April 25, 2024, 06:32:35 PM

Author Topic: My two cents (with player ratings)  (Read 1801 times)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
My two cents (with player ratings)
« on: September 03, 2011, 10:52:10 AM »
It has been a while since i last did a report, but i have a couple of comments on player performances that i would like to make on the game

Anthony Warner - As soon as i found out that this keeper was going to be recalled into our lineup, i got an instant headache.  He is a very good shot stopper, but he lacks composure.  He was very gittery for someone so experienced and doesnt not inspire confidence - 3/10

Anthony Wolfe - What a wonderfull servant to Trinidad and Tobago football.  We need him in our squad since he is the only utility player that we have.  He was put into this "right back" role and he performed well even though he was up against substandard opposition - 7/10

Seon Power - Seon put in a much improved performance, he tackled well enough for this level, but one can clearly see that he will be caught out very easily against a faster passing unit.  He impressed in the way in which he joined the attack and showed alot of stamina towards the end of the game - 6/10

Julius James - Very solid performance.  Hardly any mistakes and showed alot of confidence in the air.  His passing and his tackling was good while he also won everything in the air.  He will be our key defender in this final stage - 7.5/10

Carlos Edwards - He suffered as a result of this "reshuffling".  In my opinion, Carlos is our biggest attacking threat, and he was forced to play in a subdued role at left back.  Jlloyd needs to come quickly because carlos didnt look good defensively.  He looked good going forward, but he cannot be our best option at left back otherwise we in trouble - 5/10

Darryl Roberts - Another player who was played out of position, and he suffered the most for it.  He has no confidence going left and kept on cutting back on his right foot even though he was given alot of space on the left.  He didnt link well with carlos at all and most of the people in the stands thought that Keon Daniel was coming on for him.  Ironically, his only cross with his left foot resulted in the only goal of the game - 5/10

Khaleem Hyland - The new Racing Genk signing never really came to grips with the game.  He was playing rather timidly, as if he wasnt sure of his role.  His greatest asset is his composure on the ball and he didnt show that at all.  He was easily hustled off the ball and his passing was off.  He was coming into the game a bit just before he got subbed - 4/10

Chris Birchall - He looked a very improved player from since he last played for us, same hustle, but his passing was better.  He did his best under the circumstances and he needs to play with a creative midfielder that will use the ball when he wins it in the middle - 7.5/10

Hayden Tinto - A constant thorn in the Bermudan side, Tinto will trouble almost any defence!! He has alot of pace and is very skillfull with the ball at his feet.  He looked good on both the left and right wings.  He will be a very key player for us in our qualifying campaign. He just needs to work on his crossing, and his defensive duties when the right back makes an attacking run - 8/10

Kenwyne Jones - Giving him the armband was the perfect tonic.  Kenwyne led by example and played the kind of game that we were waiting for from him for quite some time.  He hustled, look the ball the line, he won everyting in the air and played with a kind of passing that could only inspire his teammates - 8.5/10

Stern John - Started off pretty ok but eventually petered into a pretty ordinary performance.  It was worrying to see that he was not up to pace in a very slow paced match - 5/10

SUBSTITUTES

Keon Daniel - Provided a creative spark in the middle of the pitch with Birchall.  He worked hard and showed more desire than i have ever seen from him before. He will also be a key player for us in this qualifying campaign - 7/10

Lester Peltier
- He came on and tried played a natural wingers role.  He didnt try anything spectacular and Pfister would have been satisfied his workman like performance - 6.5/10

Overall a C+ performance by the team, but as i said before, with the slightest bit of luck, this game would have ended up 4-0.  We were never in any danger (outside of Warner and his nonsense) and i look forward to the 2nd game against Barbados so see what changes Pfister will make to this team

ah love it!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 11:45:06 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My two cents (with player ratings)
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 10:59:39 AM »
wah grade for JJ?  What you mean by "He did his best under the circumstances " for MeMum?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:05:26 AM »
Wolfe went from being d top scorer in d Pro League 2 playin RB. He is a player any coach would luv as he will play wherever u put him and give his all.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:49:34 AM »
wah grade for JJ? 

Updated

What you mean by "He did his best under the circumstances " for MeMum?

In terms of playing with the team for the first time in over 2 years, new coach, new system, only 3-4 days prep.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:50:30 AM »
wah grade for JJ?  What you mean by "He did his best under the circumstances " for MeMum?

Valid questions! Otherwise, AS is right on de button!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 12:08:56 PM »
thanks for the report but allyuh have me real confused.  some men say tinto, wolfe, stern and roberts play crap while others say they play real good. the only thing ppl agree on is warner real mess down himself.

anyway although we only won 1-0, at least we got 3 points.  ppl seem to forget we have been struglging to beat caribbean teams in recent times so to win with a bunch of guys who haven't played together in a long while in blazing hot sun was a decent result.  hopefully we will improve as we play more.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:56:13 PM »
Tinto .. 8?
He is a winger and part of his job is to attack the sides and provide service. We all know that he struggles with his crosses as was the case in this game. By giving him an 8, you saying he was perfect in all other aspects of the game?

I'm not hating on Tinto, but I said on here that he would not make a T&T squad once all the pros are back, but I guess I was wrong. I just hoping that the rest of his game has improved sufficiently where are few bad crosses could be overlooked.. :angel:

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
Maybe Anthony Wolfe would be better as a butler. Served very well for a lot of years. Carlos contemplated retiring, how prophetic.

Patience. That's what they tell me
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »
Tinto .. 8?
He is a winger and part of his job is to attack the sides and provide service. We all know that he struggles with his crosses as was the case in this game. By giving him an 8, you saying he was perfect in all other aspects of the game?

I'm not hating on Tinto, but I said on here that he would not make a T&T squad once all the pros are back, but I guess I was wrong. I just hoping that the rest of his game has improved sufficiently where are few bad crosses could be overlooked.. :angel:

Not to pick on Tinto as well eh.....but is it just WE on forum here have ah issue with his inability to bring in crosses consistently??
Ah wondering if HE also realize that he eh de best crosser of the ball??
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 09:01:19 PM »
Tinto .. 8?

Tinto got an 8 because he was our main attacking outlet.  He was very penetrative and an air of expectation/excitement was present every time he was on the ball.  It is true that his crossing was perfect, but he did many things right on Friday.  The only person who will start in front of Tinto is Carlos Edwards.

ah love it!!

1]; } ?>