April 19, 2024, 09:36:41 PM

Author Topic: LEO BEENHAKKER New TT head coach  (Read 8854 times)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: LEO BEENHAKKER New TT head coach
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2005, 06:56:24 PM »
I agree with you royal..see reply # 15.  Everybody excited like we just hired scolari.  His past record has been very good but in recent years he has not achieved much.  However I still think he is a good choice.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2005, 06:59:15 PM »
Royal, with all due respect to this statement, if past performance is an indicator of  possible future success, I believe that what he brings to th etable on paper seems more crediable than who we had  guiding our team.

Respectfully submitted

Thanks

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2005, 07:14:22 PM »
Fellas,I have two questions 1. I see he just coach Holland in 1990,my question is why? 2.His former glory seems to be greater than his present,again why?
 Excuse my ignorance but I hope we ain't bringing a man who pass his prime and just looking for a final big paycheck!

I  done see where this is heading. It seems that soon we will have a faction who not too keen on Beenhakker. i expect there to be a "Bertie was better" brigade soon. Nothing wrong with that but if you are going to doubt the man know that in past, present or future the man is a better manager than BSC. Winning titles is not easy, plus he has succesful WC qualification experience.

Add to the fact that he recently coached in Mex and things are looking very good.

I know that people will say that it is a "post colonial" thing to think that foreign is better but it have none of that, better is better, full stop.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2005, 07:34:26 PM »
Hold up dey JDB.I ain't no hatter or a BSC fan,my interest is solamente TRINI.I read on previous post how we herald this guy as de mesiah and I hope he is.However,as a lay person ( I ain't no pro like you guys) I voice two concerns I notice in his CVs.
  I am please with Latapy as aast coach.

My interest is ONLY Trini and I wish this new coach well.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2005, 07:34:54 PM »
JDB we could never have a Bertille was better. Bertille was the worse we ever had.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2005, 07:42:16 PM »
As in my recent  'posting' whcih I will not repost here is that whomever we have at this time, I hope that the powers to be  have a 'PLAN' and not a patch job.
Please see posting 'DO WE HAVE A PLAN?
respectfully submitted

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2005, 07:58:39 PM »
I didn't mean to single you out Royal it was just an example of what i believe will come soon. I understand what yuh saying and it is your right to be sceptical but there will be others come with axes to grind.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2005, 08:10:11 PM »
Sadly we will never know...It is a win-win situation for Jack... if the Team win, is because of the New man, if the Team lost is because of the Old Man...The CR game not withstanding...My concern is the Long-Term dollars and sense, Bang for buck, Return on Investment, all of which I have no say
Maybe Trini so sweet, he might stay this time longer for the Hell of it...shim he almost spend 2 yrs in mexico...oh WELL, maybe Jack know he like OIL, and he figure we is a lil SaudI, plus all the Foreing players, All that Jack must be sell. Only difference though, he didn't stay dey neither. As Socafan pointed, scary resume, hope he not in a slump like Stern tho...
Good Luck T&T.. Ah still dey

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2005, 08:46:57 PM »
Well...at least somebody with very good credentials taking over........

However...one of my job functions is to interview and hire people. The very first thing I see is the job history and if that person seems to have had a lot in a short space of time, that resume goes to the bottom of the list. One of the most important criteria is longevity and stability.  The man has had some notable achievements though, can't doubt that. Would love to know why the mobility. Ah hope he turn out to be the panacea.

That must be one sorry company you work for. And boy i could imagine the losers you have hired.[/color]

When they was making woman i feel you went an stand in the woman line because you are just a big c**t.
Don't get me started cunumunoo
Two islands are better than one.

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2005, 08:52:33 PM »

However...one of my job functions is to interview and hire people. The very first thing I see is the job history and if that person seems to have had a lot in a short space of time, that resume goes to the bottom of the list. One of the most important criteria is longevity and stability.  The man has had some notable achievements though, can't doubt that. Would love to know why the mobility. Ah hope he turn out to be the panacea.

Wow that was funny socafan.... Still doesnt change my opinion about you as a born loser who will never amount to much in life. Why? You are an apathetic asshole.

That must be one sorry company you work for. And boy i could imagine the losers you have hired.[/color]

When they was making woman i feel you went an stand in the woman line because you are just a big c**t.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
See other posts "SUB=Stupid uneducated bullah"
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2005, 08:55:54 PM »

Wow that was funny socafan.... Still doesnt change my opinion about you as a born loser who will never amount to much in life. Why? You are an apathetic asshole.

Two islands are better than one.

Saltpeter

« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2005, 09:17:21 PM »
Fellas, got some insight on how dis whole thing came about. Word is Lincoln was the one pushing for Beenhakker once it looked like Bertille was gone. Players and the tech. cmte were all consulted as well. Apparently, Ron Atkinson's name was raised but the players down the line said he is a f**kin racist and T&T would be the laughing stock. The tech cmte and Lincoln also pong Atkinson as a candidate. Jack led the way but it looks like he at least not making decisions on he own. Hopefully, TTFF know Bennhakker doh take shit sittin down.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2005, 10:09:41 PM »
Fellas, got some insight on how dis whole thing came about. Word is Lincoln was the one pushing for Beenhakker once it looked like Bertille was gone. Players and the tech. cmte were all consulted as well. Apparently, Ron Atkinson's name was raised but the players down the line said he is a f**kin racist and T&T would be the laughing stock. The tech cmte and Lincoln also pong Atkinson as a candidate. Jack led the way but it looks like he at least not making decisions on he own. Hopefully, TTFF know Bennhakker doh take shit sittin down.

No doubt.  Lincoln was on TV the other day talking about the Dutch and French as models we should follow.  He even talked about working with the Dutch coaches to come help out with the youth and coaching development.
I not sure what to expect but I hope we get as much out of this guy across the board and not just WCQ.

truetrini

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2005, 10:37:39 PM »
Lincoln is meh real boy we.  hahahahahaha

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2005, 11:45:18 PM »
BUT WHAT IS THE PLAN? show me the plan fo rthe future.

jusme

« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2005, 11:45:32 PM »
jack was right.  we really adore the man in truth.  we eh even know him yet. we jus see the resume and hear latas name call and we start adoring.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2005, 11:52:04 PM »
jack was right.  we really adore the man in truth.  we eh even know him yet. we jus see the resume and hear latas name call and we start adoring.

If yuh bin followin football yuh wouldn't make a statement like dat.  In case yuh didn't know Leo Beenhakker is one of the more respected football coaches in WORLD football.  Not jes in Holland, or Spain, or England...but de entire FLIKKIN WORLD!  And from dese reports, he comin to coach WE National team.

You could stay dey and be skeptical...is yuh right....but I fuh one excited.  Ah know fuh sure it have COACHES out dey who excited too.

Latas is just icin on dah particular cake.  Few really know Latas ability as coach but MOST rememberin de deeds he did perform fuh we on de football field.  Yuh think he eh excited to wuk wit and learn up close and personal from a man like Beenhakker?  Yuh think Nakhid eh lookin forward to it?  Yuh think de players eh anxious to get started wit de new coach and dis is not to disrespeck what BSC did.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:53:53 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2005, 12:08:59 AM »
Palos,

ah trust yuh knowledge about this new coach here. What do you know about his short stints in some places? Any reasons as to why  he had effective success in short durations but never stayed for the long haul?

Ah hope every one do they homework and checked out the references.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2005, 01:18:02 AM »
My question is, does he speak English??  I hope this is not a problem given the short space of time he has to work in.

jusme

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2005, 04:54:04 AM »

You could stay dey and be skeptical...is yuh right....but I fuh one excited.  Ah know fuh sure it have COACHES out dey who excited too.

I wasn't being skeptical at all boss.  in fact I love the move.  I was just saying: jack was right, we will adore the man.  we being ppl on this forum and the man on the street in general.  and let's be honest, the majority of ppl eh have nothing to go by other than the resume.  I'll admit, I see a pic and I think I recognize him from the '90 WC but I eh know nothing substantial bout the man till last night.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2005, 05:25:24 AM »
I notıced that also.

His CV seems to regress in the latter years.

But you know football is a funny sport becz a man leave a club doesn't always mean he was doing a bad job.

Simoes leaving TT is an example.

My dream coach would have been Cyruff....but hey, tha's my fantasy.

He has accomplished a lot...Spanish and Dutch titles eh no soft ting.

Well it looking better than Porters... :)

I'll have to wait and see.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2005, 05:08:39 PM »
I don't like reviving dead threads but I had to share this one.

This was a very significant moment in this campaign, to say the least.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2005, 05:42:11 PM »
notice how much shit assholes talkin
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2005, 09:58:50 AM »
how much is a direct flight from Piarco to Berlin again?

Nobody answer this question I post since way back in March!  I hope the flight prices ent raise too much since then!

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2005, 10:07:02 AM »
Alberta mus a jus come off a fresh cuss back then he signin all he posts
Respectfully submitted  :rotfl:

1]; } ?>