June 04, 2024, 05:04:25 AM

Author Topic: Mayweather VS Ortiz 24/7  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mayweather VS Ortiz 24/7
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:49:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LtJHdSfY8sM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LtJHdSfY8sM</a>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 10:03:41 AM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Mayweather VS Ortiz 24/7
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 09:20:11 PM »
http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/84459/1/watch-hbo-boxing:-mayweather-vs-ortiz.html

here is a link to see the match if anyone interested

match eh start yet
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 12:11:03 AM »
Mayweather is a classless piece of shit.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2011, 04:17:03 AM »
Sorry tuh hear dat. BTW you don't know sh!t about boxing if that's how you truly feel. boxing is not ah joke, hence the reason the referee says over and over again, in the dressing room briefing and in the ring, "protect your self" @ all times!!!!!!!

i've been around the game for yrs, and any knowledgeable avid boxing enthusiast knows that golden rule. once the ref says touch em up and go, you have to be on guard, no excuses rendered, that's why the ref didn't disqualify floyd, it was fair in all aspects of the fight game.

BTW, i guess according to you, ortiz is an angel since he did nothing wrong ITFP right?  ::)
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 06:38:17 AM »
Dirty fighting by both opponents

Ortiz was wrong for headbutting mayweather and he should have kept his guard up afterwards

But mayweather displayed poor sportsmanship also with that sucker punch and in my opinion took an edge off his victory. i just cant feel happy for him  :-\
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2011, 08:05:35 AM »

Ortiz was wrong for headbutting mayweather and he should have kept his guard up afterwards

But mayweather displayed poor sportsmanship also with that sucker punch and in my opinion took an edge off his victory. i just cant feel happy for him  :-\

on to manny
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:40 AM »
Sorry tuh hear dat. BTW you don't know sh!t about boxing if that's how you truly feel. boxing is not ah joke, hence the reason the referee says over and over again, in the dressing room briefing and in the ring, "protect your self" @ all times!!!!!!!

i've been around the game for yrs, and any knowledgeable avid boxing enthusiast knows that golden rule. once the ref says touch em up and go, you have to be on guard, no excuses rendered, that's why the ref didn't disqualify floyd, it was fair in all aspects of the fight game.

BTW, i guess according to you, ortiz is an angel since he did nothing wrong ITFP right?  ::)

I think bakes meant this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NSE0r8wXNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9NSE0r8wXNc</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 01:28:41 PM »

I think bakes meant this

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9NSE0r8wXNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9NSE0r8wXNc</a>
This still means nothin. sorry to inform you but larry merchant is ah serious impatient racist c@nt! he's that way with all good black fighters, even the ultimate gentleman lennox lewis, and in his mind, black fighters should be still saying "yes sir , no sir, thank you sir". hek, even howard coselle was more open minded and liberal in his interviews compared to merchant, and coselle was ah serious cock.

i was wondering when someone would put that stinkin pig in his place! don't know which one is worst, merchant or jim (dickhead) grey from showtime. i'm always amazed when HBO insist on this larry merchant guy, bc he's rude, impatient,and antagonistic to fighters in their moments of glory and celebration, talk about ah fackin kill joy.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »

Stueps, please don't get caught up in all this BS hype. mayweather did nothing that no other fighter wouldn't do. as ah matter of fact, every fight this kid fought he was the under dog by the media cooperations.

it's been yrs now these white boys been trying to change the face of boxing, and mayweather, bernard hopkins and lennox lewis were the only thing standing in their way of the sport being all but ah black dominated sport. hence the reason for this negative campaign that's been surrounding floyd for the past five yrs.

floyd has fought every one that was put in front of him, and never dodged anyone, but "they" still insist that he's being dodgy and scared to face all the best opponents, and enspite of all that, he's continued to defy the odds, bc he's beaten oscar, ricky hatton(their white hope) and shane mosely all top contenders. they never made the cotto fight , of which i'm sure floyd would've beaten, bc he has since fell to some reasonably weak opponents whom mayweather dominated.

trust meh, they tryin tuh make this kid into the next boogieman , since the former boogieman , OJ simpson is securely locked away in some state pen. i'm really scared for floyd, i think he should just call it ah day on his boxing career and ride out of the US and go live some where else, that's how bad these devils want him.

mark my words, yuh want tuh bet in the next few yrs if not sooner, floyd will be on some real serious charges that could land him in jail for ah very long time?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2011, 05:33:58 PM »
JC like you I don't blame Mayweather for punching Ortiz after the touched gloves, once you touch your guard should be up. I do blame the ref for not making sure that they touched gloves when he was ready. The ref was looking at the judges when they touched and was not focusing his attention on the fighters, in fact like he missed both punches that Floyd threw. I thought he should've separated them better and called them in when he was done communicating with the judges.
Ortiz too man...yuh can't touch gloves and stand defenseless, he should know beetter than that!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »
Yea Larry Merchant did ask Mayweather some facked up questions, ah mean what did he want him to say??? Yes I sucker punched Ortiz and it was unfair??? What struck me the most was how unprofessional Merchant was after Mayweather got upset with him and told him he wasn't shit, Merchant said something to the extent that he wished he was 50 years younger so that he could kick is ass....as an interviewer you can't say that shit live on air, even if you're upset with the person you're interviewing. HBO should suspend or fire his ass, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 11:43:29 AM »
After dey touch gloves Mayweather immediately put up his guard... Ortiz like ah ah damn cunumunu, still trying to hug him up... come better dan dat
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
Yea Larry Merchant did ask Mayweather some facked up questions, ah mean what did he want him to say??? Yes I sucker punched Ortiz and it was unfair??? What struck me the most was how unprofessional Merchant was after Mayweather got upset with him and told him he wasn't shit, Merchant said something to the extent that he wished he was 50 years younger so that he could kick is ass....as an interviewer you can't say that shit live on air, even if you're upset with the person you're interviewing. HBO should suspend or fire his ass, but I doubt that will ever happen.

Madness... Merchant had every right to say what he did, nothing unprofessional at all about that.  Mayweather point blank disrespected him on camera, surrounded by all his nut-hangers.  There was nothing at all wrong about what was asked... listen to the reaction of the crowd... Merchant was asking what most was thinking.  Yeah you have to protect yourself at all times, but absolutely that was a sucker punch, Joe Cortez, or whatever the ref name.... he did a very poor job of handling that sequence.  he allegedly tell the fighters to fight (I watched the clip over and over, rewinding he DVR and still didn't hear it) but wasn't looking at the fighters at the time, he looking at the scorer's table.  If time was back in why wasn't he paying attention?  Suppose there was a low blow or headbutt right at that time... how he woulda rule??

Mayweather always struck me as a kinda idiot... but last weekend's fight and postgame controversy just cement that in my mind.  To be fair to him, supposedly he's a different person outside the "Money" persona, but he can't fault people for his public perception is that is how he craft it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2011, 11:39:13 AM »

Stueps, please don't get caught up in all this BS hype. mayweather did nothing that no other fighter wouldn't do. as ah matter of fact, every fight this kid fought he was the under dog by the media cooperations.

it's been yrs now these white boys been trying to change the face of boxing, and mayweather, bernard hopkins and lennox lewis were the only thing standing in their way of the sport being all but ah black dominated sport. hence the reason for this negative campaign that's been surrounding floyd for the past five yrs.

floyd has fought every one that was put in front of him, and never dodged anyone, but "they" still insist that he's being dodgy and scared to face all the best opponents, and enspite of all that, he's continued to defy the odds, bc he's beaten oscar, ricky hatton(their white hope) and shane mosely all top contenders. they never made the cotto fight , of which i'm sure floyd would've beaten, bc he has since fell to some reasonably weak opponents whom mayweather dominated.

trust meh, they tryin tuh make this kid into the next boogieman , since the former boogieman , OJ simpson is securely locked away in some state pen. i'm really scared for floyd, i think he should just call it ah day on his boxing career and ride out of the US and go live some where else, that's how bad these devils want him.

mark my words, yuh want tuh bet in the next few yrs if not sooner, floyd will be on some real serious charges that could land him in jail for ah very long time?

This is shit talk... check when last Mayweather fight somebody under the age of 25... it's been over 10 years.  Clearly he avoids fighting younger fighters or fighters nearer their prime.  This is exactly what going on with Pacquiao... he trying to stall, gambling that he'll still be better in a couple years than Pacquiao.  What reason he has to suspect Pacquiao is doping compared to other fighters?  Why he doesn't raise the same objections about them?

Now yuh trying to come with some bullshit race conspiracy talk?  Steups.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »

You need to be more intelligent and stop rushing to conclusions.

I would also like to see you substantiate the claim that Larry Merchant is racist or somehow demeaning of black fighters.  I guarantee you you won't be able to prove it... Merchant is well-respected by all in the sport.  Before you accuse others of ignorance about the sport, and admittedly I've lost touch with the sport since Roy Jones, Jr's heyday... maybe you need to check and make sure you not guilty of the same ignorance as well.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 01:51:03 PM »
Merchant's questions were valid and honestly I think Floyd was a lil shame with how things went down, that's why he erupted in the interview. I also think Cortez did shite because he was clearly NOT looking at the action if he did in fact call time-in.

But having said that, Ortiz was a fool for fighting dirty in the first place and taking the second punch flush.

My only disappointment was that Ortiz looked to have some fight in him, and a heavy puncher always has a chance. All he needed to do was land one, but we never got to see that chance.

With all due respect, Floyd only lookin for big money fights and no under-24 fighter had the draw to make a big money fight before this one. So can't say he ducking young fighters.

Regarding the Pacman accusations, I can see where they are coming from. Pacman is the only man to go up in weight by SO much WITHOUT sacrificing POWER and SPEED. Never happened before, so reasonable to question why it is possible with him.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
So Bakes you really feel that was a sucker punch? I watched it over and over too and the only thing I can state is the ref (Cortez) did a poor job in handling that situation. Like I said, he should've ensured the fighters were separated until he was ready for the fight to resume. As far as I understand the sport (never boxed before) when you touch gloves it's game on. I too was disappointed in the way it ended just like almost everyone who watched the fight but I can't blame Mayweather, if the opportunity presents itself then you have to take it. Ortiz should've protected himself better.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
So Bakes you really feel that was a sucker punch? I watched it over and over too and the only thing I can state is the ref (Cortez) did a poor job in handling that situation. Like I said, he should've ensured the fighters were separated until he was ready for the fight to resume. As far as I understand the sport (never boxed before) when you touch gloves it's game on. I too was disappointed in the way it ended just like almost everyone who watched the fight but I can't blame Mayweather, if the opportunity presents itself then you have to take it. Ortiz should've protected himself better.

all dat bacchanal started as a result of the deliberate head but.ref said time in .....but ortiz still saying sorry. WATAPS!

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:25 AM »
"Legal" doesn't always equate to being "fair".

Watched it again. The ref said "Let's go". So time was in. This was even before the fighters touched gloves. So it was defintiely on, but Ortiz was feeling so bad for the head butt that he felt compelled to prolong his apology. Floyd eh have time with that so it was left hook, right hand and that was all she wrote. So entirely legal, but a little unfair because Ortiz was clearly not ready.

Also listened to the interview and Merchant was actually being more congratulatory to Floyd than usual. But Floyd was feeling so bad for the sucker punch that he lost his head and probably wasn't listening clearly. Merchant repeatedly was telling Floyd about how he was dominant. Notice Floyd say he would give d man a rematch early o'clock. That was d guilt talking.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 01:47:27 PM »
Yes I noticed that Ortiz prolonging his apology, after he hugged and even tried to kiss Floyd, if memory serves me correctly. So many things went wrong in that sequence it's hard to pinpoint who's wrong and who's at fault. It's hard for me to blame Floyd for capitalizing on an opportunity but I was very disappointed in the way things ended, I won't be opposed to seeing a re-match.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 12:02:19 PM »

This is shit talk... check when last Mayweather fight somebody under the age of 25... it's been over 10 years.  Clearly he avoids fighting younger fighters or fighters nearer their prime.  This is exactly what going on with Pacquiao... he trying to stall, gambling that he'll still be better in a couple years than Pacquiao.  What reason he has to suspect Pacquiao is doping compared to other fighters?  Why he doesn't raise the same objections about them?

Now yuh trying to come with some bullshit race conspiracy talk?  Steups.

When Floyd was active there were no top fighters in his division 147-154  under 25 ... Bradley , Ortiz , Khan , Madina, Alexander , Berto  just emerged AS TOP FIGHTERS in the past 2 years . The top boxers in 2007 when Floyd  went in to retirement Hatton , de la hoya , Mosely ,Magarito  , Zab Judah etc  This is a new generation ....Floyd had the option to fight Margarito but opted for  fight Oscar who at the time was champion at 154 ( the best selling fight to date)   Manny was at 130-135 back  in 2007 i think .. So to say Floyd ducking younger fighters under 25 aint true ... he called out Ortiz who was the champion rite .....

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 04:47:13 AM »
Check this out.....

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/17/sports/floyd-mayweather-jr-welterweight-with-heavyweight-financial-clout.html?ref=sports

All who want to argue with Floyd daiz dey business. Many in the boxing game do not like the fact that he has total control of his money and his destiny. Ortiz was another pitstop on the road and should have defended himself.......it was not the cleanest of bouts (but if u want to smile with the ref while fight going on then that is u......)

Larry Merchant has always been less than gracious to fighters and deserved whatever comes to him. He asks very dotish questions that show his lack of respect for the fighters. It is interesting that he hides behind his age ("if i was younger I would kick your but") when Floyd calls him out.
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

1]; } ?>