April 29, 2024, 12:40:02 AM

Author Topic: Who are the top 10 TNT Pro League players?  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Who are the top 10 TNT Pro League players?
« on: October 23, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »
or top 20! :D
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 06:37:37 AM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Who are the top 10 TNT Pro League players
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 05:42:47 AM »
Be more specific ? top 10 strikers ?

Stats.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the top 10 TNT Pro League players
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 07:27:08 AM »
Be more specific ? top 10 strikers ?

Stats.
ok. Thanks for the link. I was asking for top then players generally. ok i will ask for the best 3 players in each position instead.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Who are the top 10 TNT Pro League players?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 12:18:52 PM »
This is a very creative and pro active question. This is the local squad that we have to work with for the next world cup 2010. It is also important to have on record the age of the players for future investment.
The local base can be the nucleus of the under 23 Team and as an added incentive the Gold cup, then to the  W/C.
The good news is that we seem to be getting it right.
Let us invest in our young people and in the rural areas and the depressed areas.

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2005, 12:53:21 PM »
Most of whom will be from Jabloteh.

The best Trini strikers in the Pro League that I have seen would easily be Kerry Noray then Andre Toussaint. Both of whom are nippy and finish pretty well. I would give Noray the edge in terms of turning on a dime and running at defenders. It takes two or three players to crowd him and stop him when he starts a good run.  Anthony Wolfe would be a very close third but his finishing is not as good as those two. I think of the Defence Force pair - Jorsling is the better striker in terms of shots but Carter is a bit more mobile and his positioning is better.

The best right/left winger is  - Josh Johnson of Jabloteh. He is certainly the quickest and perhaps fittest Pro League player. He is a winger who attacks and scores like a central striker.

The Best Attacking Midfielder is - Aurtis Whitley of Jabloteh. Kerry Baptiste of Jabloteh is also very good as an attacking midfielder. He is quick. I cannot see that he will be ignored for any future team.

Best Central Midfielder is/was Densil Theobald of Fire followed by Trent Noel of Jabloteh.

Best Left Defenders are Nigel Daniel - Jabloteh and Glenton Wolfe - NE Stars. Nigel Daniel helps a lot more in transition and attacks much better than Wolfe but Wolfe covers his left position well and has a looping not powerful, left foot shot. Nigel Daniel is rightfooted while Glenton is left footed. You would never see any difference.

Best right defender is Attiba Charles of Connection, followed by Cyd Gray but to me they are very different players. Attiba hardly comes forward and sometimes drifts to centre while Cyd will almost never leave the right side and comes forward a lot and makes deep crosses (not always on target).

Best Central Defenders would be Keyeno Thomas and Ian Gray from Jabloteh.

I may be missing a few players but I think the above list is fair.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 02:24:44 PM »
Best right defender is Attiba Charles of Connection, followed by Cyd Gray but to me they are very different players. Attiba hardly comes forward and sometimes drifts to centre while Cyd will almost never leave the right side and comes forward a lot and makes deep crosses (not always on target).

for the record solo, atiba plays central defence for wconn, so it does look like if he drifting to de center. 
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 02:35:27 PM »
What about Tony Rougier, Gary Glasgow,  Kevon Clement, Anton Pierre, Kevin Graham, Kendell Jagdeosingh, Handell Manswell, Errol Charles, Anton Joseph, Kelvin Hernandez and Kein Jeffrey.

Nigel Daniel is left footed.

And we also have many decent foreign players also....
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 02:38:38 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 02:38:06 PM »
what happen to devon jorsling? he used to play for malick. tallman??

where does he play now
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 02:39:21 PM »
Devon Jorsling playing for Defence Force, he making de bench.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 02:41:07 PM »
jah, thanks :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »
Dem fellas yesterday on I95.5FM was talkin bout de Defence Force vs Crab Connection game and how Crab Connection trow way bout a million chances and was real unlucky to lose 2-1 to de Army.

Dey say Crab Connection playin some a de most attractive ball in de country and mention Marlon Warner, Marvin Oliver (he had a tryout under BSC but he had dreads so allyuh know wha happen dey) and some nex fella (sorry cyah remember he name) as 3 of de most outstanding players in T&T along with Keyeno Thomas, Whitley, Atiba, Densil Theobald, Josh Johnson and Kerry Noray.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2005, 07:35:22 PM »
Andre,thanks for the correction on Attiba. He is solid. Definitely will be a rock in the 2010 team.

Sam I think Anton Pierre is a very good player and I forgot to mention him. He lacks speed though! I havent seen Rougier yet but I know he is good.

I did ask a journalist about Nigel Daniel and he confirmed that he is very right footed.

Jorsling started for Defence Force against Crab but was taken off midway de second half. De player that replaced him scored their second goal.

I dont know all de Pro League players especially the ones from South I dont see as often. There is a busy player from NEStars that I admire, it is Jagdeosingh I think! Plays with gold coloured boots. He is a bit slim and makes fearless runs and takes his shots from anywhere. Good player to watch.

De match wid Crab and Defence Force was a good game. Like I said in my update on it earlier Defence Force played a very lazy first half but when they turned on the class and started passing the difference was there to see. The two Marlons played very well for Crab mostly the shorter one - Warner I believe - boy he was a terror in Defence backside all night. De odda Marlon started well but faded badly down de stretch. What I liked about him was that during de first half he was all ova de field striking one minute and defending de odda so I know he would have tired much earlier. Truth be told Defence Force did not win that game, Crab Connection lost it with a ton load of misses. Maybe they will show the replay on tv. I wanna see it again.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 09:57:22 PM by Solo »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2005, 08:16:40 PM »
 Andre Toussaint, Kerry Noray, Atiba Charles, Aurtis Whitley,Denzil Theobald, Anton Pierre, Randolph Jerome, I forget the guy name but he does play for army in the forward(very fast player), Jan Micheal (Keeper),

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2005, 10:01:35 PM »
I only named our Trini players because I thought that that was more relevant in terms of say 2010 but if you look at the Pro League as a whole it hard to leave out foreigners like Jerome, Goulart, Vianna, Seabra, Codrington, Earl Jean etc

1]; } ?>