April 18, 2024, 05:32:37 PM

Author Topic: Conrad Smith signs with FC Edmonton  (Read 3480 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Conrad Smith signs with FC Edmonton
« on: March 25, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Keeper and attacker sign with FC Edmonton
fcedmonton.com

Prior to coming home from training camp, FC Edmonton made two more additions to its roster.

Goalkeeper Lance Parker and Trinidad International Conrad Smith both signed for the club and have made the move to Edmonton.

Parker, a native of Oklahoma City, already has NASL experience with Miami FC (now Fort Lauderdale Strikers), as well as a two-year stint with Chivas USA in the MLS.

Before signing with Miami, Parker played for the University of Missouri for four years where he was named First Team Academic All American.

“I know nothing about Edmonton but I’m looking forward to it,” said the 6’4”, 200 lbs keeper. “I know it’s cold but the climate doesn’t really bother me because in Oklahoma, we have extreme cold and extreme hot so I’m used to it.”

Smith is a 5’9”, 180 lbs attacking midfielder with National Team experience. The 29-year-old has played 24 times for Trinidad where he also played professionally with Joe Public FC before signing with FC Edmonton.

He has also played in USSF Div 2 with the Calgary Mustangs in 2004 and also with Calgary Callies in 2005 with FCE Assistant Coach Dave Randall.

Parker travelled back to Edmonton from Arizona with the club and Smith is expected to join the team from Trinidad over the next few days.

The two signings brings the FCE’s roster total to 22.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Conrad Smith signs with FC Edmonton
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 01:18:19 PM »
Nice :applause:

New Team, New start ...eat ah frozen food breddah :beermug:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
Good to have a Trini to support on d team. He going to hate the cold though...we just get a nice fresh load of snow yesterday.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FCE Pot Five in the Peg
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2011, 06:36:39 PM »
FCE Pot Five in the Peg
fcedmonton.co
m

WINNIPEG, Manitoba — FC Edmonton came out of Winnipeg with a 5-0 victory this weekend in a preseason game against WSA Winnipeg.

New signing Conrad Smith opened the scoring in the 16th minute after some good build up play between the striker and captain Chris Kooy.

Chris Lemire made it 2-0 just two minutes later, converting a nice free kick, and that scoreline stood going in to the second half.

Alex Surprenant made it 3-0 in the 77th, hitting the ball from long range and beating the Winnipeg keeper.

Alex Semenets increased FC Edmonton’s lead again in the 86th from the penalty spot and defenceman John Jonke capped off the 5-0 win with a fine header in the 89th.

Rein Baart started in goal for the Blues and Lance Parker took over in the second half.

FC Edmonton may have won the game but they also lost an important piece of the backline with what appears to be a serious injury. Centre-back Paul Matthijs could be out four weeks, according to Assistant Coach Dave Randall.

The team flies home tonight and will begin preparing for the first road trip of the season starting April 2.

In other news…Midfielder Sam Lam has come to terms with the club and signed a contract late last week. Lam played for FC Edmonton during last year’s exhibition season and his brother Matt is on loan from the club with Japanese side JEF United.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »
Remember played a game with this guy and he said I played really good ,was proud of that especially sence I was so exhausted ,I played the last parts hardly ever moving but yet still defending only using angles and positions of ppl and the ball lol   

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 06:32:58 AM »
Conrad adaptin to de cold north  :beermug:

Good luck in FC Edmonton

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 02:07:10 PM »
Remember played a game with this guy and he said I played really good ,was proud of that especially sence I was so exhausted ,I played the last parts hardly ever moving but yet still defending only using angles and positions of ppl and the ball lol   
Daiz only because he was on we side, and watch how you stop man from scoring..if he was against you, all now he still in the Scarborough General, Edmonton would not have been in he vocabulary..  :devil:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 02:22:53 PM »
Daiz only because he was on we side, and watch how you stop man from scoring..if he was against you, all now he still in the Scarborough General, Edmonton would not have been in he vocabulary..  :devil:
Oh gosh max, how yuh could out de man so?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 02:32:03 PM »
Oh gosh max, how yuh could out de man so?

nah...d man play good in truth, yuh eh hear ah say he was on WE side.. 8)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2011, 09:14:27 PM »
Thanks maxg  :) but I use clean tackles man some maybe unorthodox but clean,remember they pick me like second to last ,when they where picking teams lol that was f**king embarrassing felt like I was twelve all over again .say what ,but that had kill my whole vibe.
Remember the cricket game , havent played cricket since I was like 15 years and I sucked then . I got like seven wickets for zero runs ,and could not get out batting so I finally gifted my wicket lol , no sixes or fours like organic but strokes.Ah age and knowledge is ah think ah beauty eh .   

Hear nah what your two international youths do ,I saw they develop an aerial strategy ,too thwart me .after the poison incident .
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:45:50 PM by Quags »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2011, 09:12:09 AM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2011, 09:42:46 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/c3fsvp9Kb3Y" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/c3fsvp9Kb3Y</a>

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
Canada is a nice place to be at I understand ;D

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »
He played 24 times for Trinidad & Tobago? That name does not ring a bell. Tallman help me out here?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 09:24:55 AM »
Yes, Conrad Simth played plently times for T&T.

I always like him as a player and he use to shine for Caledonia and Joe Public.

Strong player, always ah underdog, he have about 20 caps and score a few goals for T&T including one against Bermuda and Azerbaijan.

He is about 29 years now... ?
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>