March 28, 2024, 08:12:23 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (11-Oct-11).  (Read 45461 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (11-Oct-11).
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:47 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the World Cup qualifying game vs Barbados (October-11th) in Trinidad (5pm TT Time) will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
i95.5fm.

Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad

Goalkeepers
1.Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), 21.Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders
20.Seon Power (North East Stars), 17.Mekeil Williams (W Connection), 4.Akeem Adams (T&TEC), 3.Radanfah Abu Bakr (Olympic Chaleroi), 6.Osei Telesford (Puerto Rico Islanders), 5.Julius James (Columbus Crew).

Midfielders
16.Kevaughn Connell (North East Stars), 15.Hughtun Hector (W Connection), 2.Clyde Leon (Itagui Ditaires), 12.Kendall Jagdeosingh (Rochester Rhinos), 8.Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), 13.Lester Peltier (AS Trencin), 10.Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), 19.Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), 11.Kevin Molino (Orlando City).

Forwards
14.Stern John (North East Stars), 9.Devorn Jorsling (Orlando City).

Barbados Squad From

1.Jason Boxill, 16.Emmerson Boyce, 3.Johnathan Straker, 2.Barry Skeete, 4.Diquan Adamson, 10.Norman Forde, 8.Reinaldo Marques, 5.Rommel Burgess, 11.Tristan Parris, 9.Neil Harvey, 12.Ramuel Miller, 15.Kyle Gibson, 14.Dwayne Griffith, 18.Sheridan Grosvenor, 17.John Parris, 6.Louis Moss, 7.Carl Joseph, 21.Bentley Springer.

More updates to follow so keep checking back.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 02:48:00 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Barbados Game (11-Oct-11).
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 08:00:01 AM »
I think this will be a largely new-look Barbados squad.  They have recalled a few very experienced players like John Parris (midfielder), Bryan Neblett (defender), and Sheridan Grosvenor (midfielder) who have all been around for awhile.  This could be added to by a few overseas players though I'm not sure about this.

Offline judge101

• Full Warrior
  • If it is to be, then it is up to me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:48:36 PM »
this should not be a hard game for us as we home evan though we missin a couple starters but its kind of a good thing as we will get a look at some other players
wise men talke because they have something to say,fools talk because they have to say something

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
Harvey, back for Barbados
(FIFA.com) Friday 7 October 2011

As 40,000 football fans filed out of Goodison Park following the first Merseyside derby of the season between Everton and Liverpool, just five miles away a crowd of 310 congregated at the Arriva Stadium, the home of Marine Football Club.

Marine, who were formed in 1894, play in the the Evo-Stik Premier Division, the seventh tier of English football, and a far cry away from the relatively pampered prima donnas of the Premier League. Last Saturday, the club entertained Worksop Town in a game which, similarly to the Everton-Liverpool encounter, had plenty of talking points.

There was refereeing controversy, a penalty awarded and goals galore as the home side ran out 4-0 winners on a gloriously sunny afternoon in Crosby, an affluent suburb of Liverpool. Two of the strikes were scored by Neil Harvey, who has recently been called up by Barbados for their 2014 FIFA World Cup™ qualifiers against Guyana and Trinidad and Tobago.

It has been quite a journey for the 28-year-old who, despite being born in London, took his first footballing steps on the island. “My mum and dad are both from Barbados – in fact my dad Mcneil used to play for them,” he told FIFA.com. “When I was initially brought into youth teams, the coaches would laugh and say that they hoped I was better than he was!”

Harvey’s talent was initially spotted at the age of nine when he was invited to attend the country’s Professional Soccer School, a camp in which the top ten players from each year took part in a development programme consisting of training and international tournaments. From there the striker graduated to Barbados’ U-20, U-21 and U-23 sides before making four senior appearances for the Bajan Tridents, in which he scored twice.

“The coaches connected with the Barbados team know exactly what I can do,” continued Harvey. “They’re aware that I’ve kept myself in good shape and that I’m scoring goals, so hopefully I’ll get a chance to play when I go over. I’ve played with 70 per cent of the squad before, so I won’t take too long to readjust.

"In fact, I’m confident that we can still progress if we can beat Guyana and get a result against Trinidad and Tobago. We’d then face the likes of USA, Mexico and Costa Rica, which would be absolutely incredible.”

A rare return to Barbados

The pacy forward made his international debut in a 2007 Caribbean Cup match against Trinidad and Tobago in which he found the target. His last appearance came in a FIFA World Cup qualifier back in February 2008 against Dominica. After a three-year absence, Harvey has an unexpected chance to see his family back in Barbados, who are all clamouring for tickets for the Group B encounter with Guyana in Bridgetown.

“I suppose the game I’m most looking forward to is that one,” he said. “Not only is it the first match out of the two, but I’ve only ever played one game in Barbados, so it’ll be special for me to take part in a home game once more. But playing in an international match wherever you are, singing the national anthem and representing your country is something special.

“When I played Trinidad and Tobago in Port of Spain, there were 10,000 people there – and you can’t hear anything! The managers are trying to pass on instructions but it’s so difficult to understand them. There’s a massive difference between the Caribbean crowd and the Crosby crowd. Here in Crosby the fans sing to encourage and motivate you. In the Caribbean the fans sing constantly, no matter what’s taking place on the pitch.” ???

It is extremely rare for a player in the semi-professional sphere of English football to receive an international call-up, but given Harvey’s goalscoring form of late and the fact that Barbados have failed to score in their two qualifiers so far, it is probably no surprise. Harvey has scored eight in 11 league starts this season to help the Mariners to within six points of top spot.

Indeed, should he play against either Guyana or the Soca Warriors then he will become the first player in the club’s 117-year history to play in a senior FIFA World Cup qualifier.

“I’ve had a bit of stick from my team-mates since the call-up,” laughed Harvey. “They say that I’m going over on a free holiday and that I’ll be lazing around on the beach, which is far from the truth! I’m going over there to train hard, earn myself a starting place and to score goals for my country. Seriously, though, they’re all happy for me, which is great. I’m going to miss the banter that we have. I won’t miss the weather here, though!”

As Harvey left Marine on Saturday, the club’s charismatic Chairman Paul Leary, committee members and a group of fans all selflessly made a point of wishing the forward luck on his international endeavours, despite him missing crucial games in the Mariners' push for promotion. “I know a few clubs have been alerted by my goals this season and this call-up,” said Harvey. “But I’m 28 now, I’m enjoying my football here – and that’s what matters most. I get on well with everyone: Kev Lynch the manager, the coaching staff, the players, the fans and the board. I couldn’t be happier.”

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1522099/index.html

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 01:53:26 PM »
Ah hope he doh mash up his ankle on that Patch of Grass that they calling a football field in Barbados
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 02:47:40 PM »
What time this match start, Bados vs guyana ??
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
What time this match start, Bados vs guyana ??

Apparently 4 EST

Live score have it 0-0 at half time
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 02:51:37 PM »
any link for this game Bados vs guyana

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 03:38:59 PM »
0-0 70 minutes

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 03:48:22 PM »
Haiti tearin USVI ah new arsehole with ah 7-0 trashing.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 04:04:21 PM »
Game done, barbados hold guyana to ah 0-0 draw, like ah told socapro, talk tuh meh when guyana win on the road.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »
Ah see Wigan's Emmerson Boyce started for B'dos.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/match/_/id/332419?cc=5901
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
ricky shakes got cleared to play for guyana?

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2011, 04:15:53 PM »
Game done, barbados hold guyana to ah 0-0 draw, like ah told socapro, talk tuh meh when guyana win on the road.
I said in another post that Bim will beat Guyana and Socapro gimme a mouthful,now look wah appen,that is a lil help fuh we so we must do our bit now.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
I said in another post that Bim will beat Guyana and Socapro gimme a mouthful,now look wah appen,that is a lil help fuh we so we must do our bit now.
I was never afraid of guyana, my only worry was and still is bermuda. we beat bermuda home and away and protect or home field advantage and we're in like flyn. this group is ours to win or lose. hope we trash dem bermudans tonight.             positive.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
Fifa site have guyana winning 2-0  .

With the score nil nil at half time

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:10 PM »

Correct is right.

Goals scored by Anthony Abrams (73') and Chris Nurse (87').
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:55:36 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 04:58:38 PM »

Fack live score .com :cursing: i will never use them again since is the 2nd time they make meh talk outatimin!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »
Barbados is ah fackin waste!! they can't even play spoiler @ home for once, they making guyana look like fackin brazil.  stueppssss!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 05:23:54 PM »
 :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2011, 05:35:12 PM »
the game is really 4pm?  that is real shit..  last time was understandable cuz Curfew was 9... but that sun killed us and the staff said it too.. 5:30/6 would be fine for kick off... they have pro league games at 7 and all

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2011, 05:45:59 PM »
the game is really 4pm?  that is real shit..  last time was understandable cuz Curfew was 9... but that sun killed us and the staff said it too.. 5:30/6 would be fine for kick off... they have pro league games at 7 and all

The game is at 4 pm again??!!  ssssstttteeeuuupppsss!!!! Dais real tata!!!  we really, really, really need to change these old farts running T&T football.....what a friggin joke!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 08:39:10 AM »
in Fuentes press release game is 5pm... should have been 6pm

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »
Just Cool
Do you really think them Bajans would play spoiler to help us out...No No No
That time is no way close to being on the horizon..... :devil:
They will play their best game against us and their worst against other teams
As long as we keep shooting ourselves in the foot we will continue to seeking outside intervention,we must dominate thereby taking care of our business,then all else will be secondary

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
in Fuentes press release game is 5pm... should have been 6pm

Ah going to check FIFA's website.....

Edit:  FIFA have it at 5pm so I guess that's about correct.....that gives me a little more room to operate....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 04:36:44 PM by Brownsugar »
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2011, 05:31:25 PM »
I choose church over this 1 ah really eh fighting up wit dat 5pm. Have 2 get somebody to drop meh pick meh up and is 5  so dey have 2 leave wuk etc. I eh up 2 dat at d moment.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2011, 06:27:48 PM »
I choose church over this 1 ah really eh fighting up wit dat 5pm. Have 2 get somebody to drop meh pick meh up and is 5  so dey have 2 leave wuk etc. I eh up 2 dat at d moment.

Aye, aye miss lady.....yuh have to come and help mih with the banners!!! 
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2011, 06:47:27 PM »

Aye, aye miss lady.....yuh have to come and help mih with the banners!!! 

Will have 2 change meh plans cyah leave yuh holdin d bag ah mean banners
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2011, 09:54:21 PM »
Forumites

Have no fear....we shitty....but bim and guyana shittier..we will advance.

Also  bermuda will now be gunning for guyana.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 10:02:22 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2011, 10:21:10 PM »
Forumites

Have no fear....we shitty....but bim and guyana shittier..we will advance.

Also  bermuda will now be gunning for guyana.

Guyana beating Bermuda 3-0
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>