March 28, 2024, 02:08:35 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).  (Read 50236 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).
« on: September 06, 2011, 08:54:50 PM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the World Cup qualifying game vs Bermuda (October-7th) in Bermuda (7pm TT Time) will be posted here, this way, we can help maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

Live Links.
i95.5fm.

Possible TV Viewing.
To be updated.

T&T Squad

Goalkeepers
Marvin Phillip (Joe Public), Jan Michael Williams (W Connection).

Defenders
Seon Power (North East Stars), Mekeil Williams (W Connection), Akeem Adams (T&TEC), Radanfah Abu Bakr (Olympic Chaleroi), Osei Telesford (Puerto Rico Islanders), Julius James (Columbus Crew), Andrei Pacheco (T&TEC).

Midfielders
Kevaughn Connell (North East Stars), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Clyde Leon (Itagui Ditaires), Kendall Jagdeosingh (Rochester Rhinos), Khaleem Hyland (Racing Genk), Lester Peltier (AS Trencin), Hayden Tinto (Joe Public), Keon Daniel (Philadelphia Union), Kevin Molino (Orlando City).

Forwards
Stern John (capt) (North East Stars), Devorn Jorsling (Orlando City).
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:15:32 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
'We can still advance to the next round'
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
By Simon Jones (Bermuda Sun)

Bermuda’s World Cup qualification chances are still alive and kicking, according to Football Association president Larry Mussenden.

Mussenden believes the team can reverse their recent away results and has urged the Bermudian public to be their 12th man during the crucial upcoming home fixtures.

Bermuda face Trinidad and Tobago on October 7 and Guyana four days later knowing they need two wins from those matches.

But Mussenden says the two defeats away from home will only  strengthen the supporters’ resolve to fill the National Sports Centre “to the rafters”  and cheer on their side.

He told the Bermuda Sun:  “I know people will turn out for the home games and fill the stadium.

Packed

“I’m sure the fans will have seen the results away from home and realize how important it is they are there to spur on the team.

“We need them to be a 12th man like they were against El Salvador two World Cups ago when the fans packed the stadium.”

Bermuda will kick off their home qualifiers at 8pm on October 7 against Trinidad and Tobago.

The team play Guyana at 8pm on October 11 and the final home game against Barbados takes place at 3pm on November 11.

Against Trinidad and Tobago they will be looking to turn around the 1-0 loss they suffered against Kenwyne Jones and his teammates earlier this month.

Mussenden remains convinced that Bermuda can get the result they need against the Caribbean team and use that as a springboard towards qualification.

He said: “We know we can still do it.

“If we get things right on the night and the crowd get behind us we can get the victory.

Victory

“We still stand a chance of qualifying if we can pick up two wins in the next two home games.

“We know what we need to do and we have the players and the coaching staff to make it happen.

“We need our fans to fill that stadium and cheer us to victory.”

Tickets for the three home games go on sale today on the BFA’s website.

Grandstand seats cost $25 while general seating in the eastern bleachers costs $15.  Children under 12 and seniors pay $10.

But the association is also offering three-match package tickets, which cost $60 for the grandstand and $40 for general seating.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
someone please post the TTFF and CNMG number so we can pepper their ass with phone calls from local and foreign based about bringing this game at 8pm LIVE Friday 7th for our fans here and over the world to watch our team

They dont give a f**k about us so unfortunately this is the only way, with Demand we should get supply right?

I have a number for CNMG: 622-4141

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 02:50:34 PM »
someone please post the TTFF and CNMG number so we can pepper their ass with phone calls from local and foreign based about bringing this game at 8pm LIVE Friday 7th for our fans here and over the world to watch our team

They dont give a f**k about us so unfortunately this is the only way, with Demand we should get supply right?

I doubt it will make a difference.  Bermuda is a small enough place where they probably figure everyone who wants to see the game will just go so it probably won't be televised.  Because of this, to broadcast it T&T would need to bring their own crew which isn't going to happen.  I hope I'm wrong though.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »

I doubt it will make a difference.  Bermuda is a small enough place where they probably figure everyone who wants to see the game will just go so it probably won't be televised.  Because of this, to broadcast it T&T would need to bring their own crew which isn't going to happen.  I hope I'm wrong though.

according to "HALF BAKED" aka bakes logic, it will cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to do that  ::)

another lame excuse to get away from their responsibility

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:29:15 PM »
For a brief moment I toyed with the idea of going to see this game live....but it kinda out of mih budget right now.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 05:59:25 AM »
By: Simon Jones (Bermuda Sun).

BFA president Larry Mussenden says the fans can be the 12th man against foes.

Bermuda’s World Cup qualification chances are still alive and kicking, according to Football Association president Larry Mussenden.

Mussenden believes the team can reverse their recent away results and has urged the Bermudian public to be their 12th man during the crucial upcoming home fixtures.

Bermuda face Trinidad and Tobago on October 7 and Guyana four days later knowing they need two wins from those matches.

But Mussenden says the two defeats away from home will only  strengthen the supporters’ resolve to fill the National Sports Centre “to the rafters”  and cheer on their side.

He told the Bermuda Sun:  “I know people will turn out for the home games and fill the stadium.

Packed
“I’m sure the fans will have seen the results away from home and realize how important it is they are there to spur on the team.

“We need them to be a 12th man like they were against El Salvador two World Cups ago when the fans packed the stadium.”

Bermuda will kick off their home qualifiers at 8pm on October 7 against Trinidad and Tobago.

The team play Guyana at 8pm on October 11 and the final home game against Barbados takes place at 3pm on November 11.

Against Trinidad and Tobago they will be looking to turn around the 1-0 loss they suffered against Kenwyne Jones and his teammates earlier this month.

Mussenden remains convinced that Bermuda can get the result they need against the Caribbean team and use that as a springboard towards qualification.

He said: “We know we can still do it.

“If we get things right on the night and the crowd get behind us we can get the victory.

Victory
“We still stand a chance of qualifying if we can pick up two wins in the next two home games.

“We know what we need to do and we have the players and the coaching staff to make it happen.

“We need our fans to fill that stadium and cheer us to victory.”

Tickets for the three home games go on sale today on the BFA’s website.

Grandstand seats cost $25 while general seating in the eastern bleachers costs $15.  Children under 12 and seniors pay $10.

But the association is also offering three-match package tickets, which cost $60 for the grandstand and $40 for general seating.
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bermuda facing FIFA ban ahead of T&T match
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:11:52 AM »
The Bermuda Football Association (BFA) President Larry Mussenden has warned his country's Sports Minister that FIFA could ban the country from international competition if he presses ahead with an inquiry into their finances. Minister Glen Blakeney has appointed a commission to investigate how the BFA and the country's cricket board spent $20 million given to them by the Government. It has proven a controversial decision, particularly since two of the members of the Commission are former BFA Presidents. Mussenden says that whilst he has no issue with the Government wanting to discover how the money was spent, he is concerned about the repercussions of such a move from FIFA.

“FIFA takes a very strong view of government bodies overstepping their bounds and trying to get into the affairs of the member associations,” Mussenden said. Bermuda has a crucial qualifying game with T&T in Group B of the CONCACAF 2014 World Cup qualifying section on October 7 in Hamilton. T&T are on six points from two games, the same as Guyana, whilst Bermuda and Barbados are rooted to the bottom without a single point. Mussenden is fearful that Bermuda could be prevented from playing the T&T game, and also points out that the Government inquiry must avoid looking into how money received from FIFA and sponsors is spent.
Taken frm the Guardian..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Bermuda facing FIFA ban ahead of T&T match
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 08:25:13 AM »
I think this is a bluff! The Bermudian government has a right to seek transparent accounts of how its taxpayers money is/has been spent by the football association!

This inquiry is not interference as it only seeks transparent accounts! I don't think the Bermuda government is trying to tell the Bermuda Football Association (BFA) how to run its affairs.

That’s a red-herring!!  I smell corruption otherwise what have they got to hide?

If FIFA is serious about stamping out corruption in its member associations then it will not entertain any banning of the BFA over this inquiry by the Bermudian government on behalf of their taxpayers!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 08:29:50 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We wanted to play against Kenwyne
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 04:18:34 PM »
We wanted to play against Kenwyne
By Don Burgess (Bermuda Sun)

Reggie Lambe will miss Bermuda’s World Cup Qualifying game against Trinidad.

Lambe picked up yellow cards in Bermuda’s losses versus Guyana and Trinidad and will have to sit out the next contest.

And head coach Devarr Boyles said he would have preferred if Trinidad’s Kenwyne Jones was availble.

Most of Bermuda’s key players would be involved in the October rematch at the National Sports Centre.

He said English professionals Nahki Wells and Freddy Hall will be back to help further Bermuda’s cause.

Khano Smith, who captained Bermuda in the opening two matches, will be back as will be Tahj Bell.

The coach was disappointed that Kenwyne Jones will be missing from Trinidad’s roster for the Bermuda rematch.

“If you’re a sporting purist you want the best players on the field for both teams so you have a good game.

Finances

“It would have been nice for the local public to see how we manage that sort of player that Kenwyne Jones presents.”

He said Bermuda will hold its training camp on island as a “financially prudent” move.

Tickets for the three home games are on sale at www.otfbermuda.com.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 04:30:31 PM »
I think this is a bluff! The Bermudian government has a right to seek transparent accounts of how its taxpayers money is/has been spent by the football association!

This inquiry is not interference as it only seeks transparent accounts! I don't think the Bermuda government is trying to tell the Bermuda Football Association (BFA) how to run its affairs.

That’s a red-herring!!  I smell corruption otherwise what have they got to hide?

If FIFA is serious about stamping out corruption in its member associations then it will not entertain any banning of the BFA over this inquiry by the Bermudian government on behalf of their taxpayers!

Is it not the same thing we accusing Jack of. I understand the point of gov't intervention. But misuse of 20 million is no laughing matter. FIFA has a right to do what they want. But nothing is written in stone.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2011, 05:48:55 PM »
Keon Daniel get his visa sorted out yet??

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »
Edwards is due to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on October 10th, which is likely to see him miss Trinidad and Tobago’s World Cup qualifier at home to Barbados the following day and perhaps the October 7th game away to Bermuda. Earlier in the week, Anton Corneal, Trinidad and Tobago’s assistant coach, said Edwards might have been named captain of the side for those games with regular skipper Kenwyne Jones injured.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2011, 07:13:55 PM »
I hear today that we using a very weakened squad for the next 2 qualifiers.. Jones Roberts Edwards out, Daniel may have dengue, 4 players on trial at Vancouver so they most likely out(which I think is bullshit as this is a World Cup qualifier)

We cant afford to mess around..2 bad results and we on the ropes.. 6 f**king huge points up for grabs

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2011, 07:20:56 PM »
We missin a lot of senior players.  Certain men will have to step up.  This is a chance for Hyland and Scotty to redeem themselves.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 07:38:54 PM »
I hear today that we using a very weakened squad for the next 2 qualifiers.. Jones Roberts Edwards out, Daniel may have dengue, 4 players on trial at Vancouver so they most likely out(which I think is bullshit as this is a World Cup qualifier)

We cant afford to mess around..2 bad results and we on the ropes.. 6 f**king huge points up for grabs

4?!

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, 10:23:07 PM »
 :timeout: One team out of this group advancing not so? We can't afford to have weak teams for the next two games...I might have to do like P Diddy and send a letter to the judge on Carlos behalf just like he did for Dylan. I really cannot handle Bermuda or Barbados getting points off us :banginghead:

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 01:04:23 AM »
tnt will do it guys, de team will b, let c if this coach is good and good our local players r...

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2011, 03:25:53 AM »
Not to be negative, but we may catch ah serious beating, bc bermuda is ah handful, and we're short on quality.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2011, 05:02:17 AM »
i don't think we short on quality players, some of our guys have gotten the experience aboard and it's up to the coach to bring out the best from these players. I hope tnt can televised the games, so that we can all c the development of the team. so far we haven't seen the training session.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:43 AM »
ah will look at this as an opportunity for the "new" faces to step up and be counted.
I pity the fool....

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2011, 06:38:23 AM »
What alyuh worrying about, men say these games is like friendlies. So nothing to worry about.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2011, 07:20:32 AM »
What alyuh worrying about, men say these games is like friendlies. So nothing to worry about.

ENTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2011, 07:35:17 AM »

Thank you!

When I was worrying about beefing up our goal difference man was condemning me for being too negative and spoiling the good vibes on the board so I stop worrying!

These teams are easy dinner, we can beat them with our 'C' team plus we got the bess coach in the region right now!!

We will use this round to boost our FIFA rankings and by the time this round is over and we are on top the group with 18 points, we should have risen to the 60's in the FIFA rankings and threatening to enter the top 50 like Jamaica and the other top teams in CONCACAF!

Don't worry bout anything fellas, in fact be extremely confident and doh spoil the good vibes! 
We rising like the UNC, even Kamla behind this campaign!! :beermug:

P.S.
I have a great idea to counteract the negative image & effect of the current SOE in T&T to the outside world! We should change the name of our world cup bound team to the SOE Warriors!!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:42:35 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 07:40:06 AM »
Jorsling, Molino, Hyland, Birchall, Peltier, James, Leon etc are more than capable of handling Bermuda.

It's just the left side I concerned about.

What alyuh worried about...#14 will be playing. He go score.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
Jorsling, Molino, Hyland, Birchall, Peltier, James, Leon etc are more than capable of handling Bermuda.

It's just the left side I concerned about.

What alyuh worried about...#14 will be playing. He go score.
:wavetowel:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:08 AM »
Well the one area that we knew we had quality in is up front, but all of a sudden we left with Stern and who else?
Birchall and Hyland better find some shootin boots becuz we really lackin now.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
What's the latest with Samuel? Is he good to go now???

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2011, 12:46:49 PM »
Well the one area that we knew we had quality in is up front, but all of a sudden we left with Stern and who else?
Birchall and Hyland better find some shootin boots becuz we really lackin now.

Jorsling and Toussaint not chop liver, yeah dey not in Daryl Roberts and KJ league, but they can hold dey own vs Bermuda
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline socachynee

• Sr. Warrior
  • goals win games
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2011, 02:29:36 PM »

Came across this article today not sure if posted in another thread

Hyland: T&T have guts, heart and soul
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1517041/index.html

1]; } ?>