April 24, 2024, 10:42:37 PM

Author Topic: Carter pokes at referees, Pfister and the general public  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Carter pokes at referees, Pfister and the general public
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
Carter pokes at referees, Pfister and the general public
ttproleague.com

Earl Carter, head coach of Adam’s Construction San Juan Jabloteh, pleas with referees, Trinidad and Tobago Head Coach Otto Pfister and the general public for different reasons.

The former US based coach spoke with www.ttproleague.com following his team’s 2-0 win over 2011-2012 Digicel Pro League Championship leaders W Connection on Tuesday night at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium in a rescheduled Round One Match Day Three fixture and expressed disappointment over a number of issues.

He first directed his disappointment over the current standard of officiating in the country’s top flight football saying, “The referees need to raise their level. The players want to raise their level and so must the officials. They need to be consistent as well. The problem isn’t just at our games.”

Cater blamed the low standard of officiating for his side’s run of form with three draws prior to Tuesday’s 2-0 win with leading goalscorer Willis Plaza notching his sixth item in all competitions and Hector Sam also finding the back of the net.

Carter then directed his attention to Pfister adding, “I hope that the national coach pays particular attention to Willis Plaza who has scored in every game he played this season.

What does a player need to do to be recognized by the National coach,” questioned the Jabloteh coach. “And this goes for other performers in the League such as goalkeeper Cleon John.”

Carter then expressed his disappointment in the inconsistency of crowd support at games.

“When we look at our game against Connection I think both teams demonstrated good ball possession and played very attractive football.

The public should come out and support this type of football and they are not doing it consistently. This is an issue I had from the beginning. So I continued to beg the public to come out and support professional football,” ended the former Trinidad and Tobago international goalie.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carter pokes at referees, Pfister and the general public
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:07:53 PM »
Carter standing up for his players- Good way to go and he made some good points about crowd support and Referees ability. Is he right about Plaza and John. Let us keep this conversation going?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 03:37:23 PM »
I did not know Willis Plaza was Trini!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:39:25 PM »
Carter standing up for his players- Good way to go and he made some good points about crowd support and Referees ability. Is he right about Plaza and John. Let us keep this conversation going?

how good is willis plaza and what is his age?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 04:51:27 PM »

I've never seen him play so ah cyar comment on his ability, but he is 24 yrs old.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »

I've never seen him play so ah cyar comment on his ability, but he is 24 yrs old.

thanks tallman, always appreciated :beermug:

at least he is still young, i too have never seen him play, so i cannot judge atall, can anyone give insight on this player

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 06:03:10 PM »
As the british often say, these fellas does "boil my piss" every time they open their mouth about this german coach oui! all the time latapy was in charge nobody had sh!t to say, he went as far as to lose to grenada and cuba and the local football fraternity still wanted him to retain his gig.

imagine players like darrly roberts and colin samuel who was scoring nuff goals for their clubs when latas was in charge never even got ah phone call from latas, let alone ah call up (even though samuels scored in his debut and was never considered again).

it took latas a whole bloody yr before he even looked lester peltier's way, and that was when he realized that his preferred players did not measure up to international standards, and the sad part? not one word from none of these Pfister, Wim and beenhakker opposers / haters!

i dun know one things fuh sure, these xenophobes doh care bout the yutes or T&T football, instead it's all about them and their petty gripes. they did it to semoes, wim and now pfister. these monkeys hate progressive change wid ah passion oui.   :pissedoff:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:43:33 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 06:14:20 PM »
Plaza if in form can be an asset to de national team. I have seen him play week in week out whilst home and he can be a handful with his maze-ing runs and his direct play. He likes the ball at his feet and the only negatives that I could think about are those most times ascribed to many regional players. "We Lazy".
Let it be known though, Plaza like Corn Curls love to run at de defense and if yuh blink and he catch yuh on de go, yuh could pay de price. Don't really know who spot on de national side he could take. Well actually I do. He can dethrone Jorsling at least until Jors gets back to winning ways. He kinda like a mix between Cornell Glenn and Hector sam. Best description I could offer!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
As the british often say, these fellas does "boil my piss" every time they open their mouth about this german coach oui! all the time latapy was in charge nobody had sh!t to say, he went as far as to lose to grenada and cuba and the local football fraternity still wanted him to retain his gig.

imagine players like darrly roberts and colin samuel who was scoring nuff goals for their clubs when latas was in charge never even got ah phone call from latas, let alone ah call up (even though samuels scored in his debut and was never considered again).

it took latas a whole bloody yr before he even looked lester peltier's way, and that was when he realized that his preferred players did not measure up to international standard, and the sad part? not one word from none of these Pfister, Wim and beenhakker opposers / haters!

i dun know one things fuh sure

While I get it JC, I don't think his rant was unjustified and to be fair to Carter I don't think he was coaching a big Team back then. I don;t think he spoke out or bashed Pfister. Good to see Carter becoming a character. Keep on Sluggin Earl!
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 06:26:06 PM »

it took latas a whole bloody yr before he even looked lester peltier's way, and that was when he realized that his preferred players did not measure up to international standard, and the sad part? not one word from none of these Pfister, Wim and beenhakker opposers / haters!

JC, I can't remember seeing this guy play. I don't even know is is Trini. I thought he from DR. Look if Carter prepping one of his players, then that is good. Because if Otto was to call Willis, I hope Earl don't start to grumble. JC just as the last campaign started there was a fire Latas thread. So don't say Latas did not get his share of criticism. I don't care what allyuh say, this squad has a lot to prove. If they can't beat GT, then they don't deserve it. In a way I kind of glad they in this position. They can't be complacent. The players have this is their own hands. TTFF can't help them. Well unless Jack give the ref Ben Hanaman 's 40k.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 06:39:13 PM »

JC, I can't remember seeing this guy play. I don't even know is is Trini. I thought he from DR. Look if Carter prepping one of his players, then that is good. Because if Otto was to call Willis, I hope Earl don't start to grumble. JC just as the last campaign started there was a fire Latas thread. So don't say Latas did not get his share of criticism. I don't care what allyuh say, this squad has a lot to prove. If they can't beat GT, then they don't deserve it. In a way I kind of glad they in this position. They can't be complacent. The players have this is their own hands. TTFF can't help them. Well unless Jack give the ref Ben Hanaman 's 40k.
Latas get stick from some of the socawarriors.net members, not the local football fraternity.

if my memory serves me right, everyone with the exception of alvin corneal wanted latas to be reprieved, even though he finished last in the hex, and also cost us another trip to the gold cup.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:41:29 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:39:22 PM »
Earl "Special One" Carter

I will give you me thought on Willis Plaza soon...sorry...but rest easy for a while
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 05:34:03 AM »
Earl "Special One" Carter

I will give you me thought on Willis Plaza soon...sorry...but rest easy for a while
Saw him play Fridat in the 3-1 loss to AIA but I was more impressed in the clinical finishing of Gay an Edwards.

Let him earn it some more before we give him a call up.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 06:20:32 AM »
Any trinbago National who scoring ah goal every game in the highest level league in the country, should be invited to camp automatically, regardless of whose or which position he can or cannot fill..as long as there is no disciplinary issues involved...thus Spider is correct, he should"t have had to be pointing that out, but if not acted upon, then he is doing best by bringing it to the inviters attention. Otherwise he will be at fault for being complacent. Fenwick did the same. So how come is ok for he  ;D

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Every coach should be pushing his players. Plaza is looking good, but is not the finished item. But he's hitting the target regularly and an in form striker is the lifeblood of any team. In my opinion, he now needs the benefits of being around the National Team and/or a spell overseas. Once you become one of the best in the Pro League, you need to be tested further in order to continue your professional development. If Plaza gets the support and experience he could hold a place as a 29 year old striker in the 2018 campaign.

I have to take issue with Carters comments on the support. Jabloteh have a massive catchment area that can spread from Morvant junction, through Barataria, Aranguez, St Joseph, Curepe, and up as far as Tunapuna. What are they doing off the field? What promotions are they using to put bums on seats. They are actually the only Pro League team with a town name and they have a big history and they should be capitalising on these positives. You reap what you sow. 

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:49 AM »
Who would plaza replace ....... A striker ? Jones , Roberts, ? Or a midfielder hyland birchall or Hector ? He don't match up to any of those players no space for plaza ....I believe to earn a call up one should be better than what is there already not as good as or has pontential

1]; } ?>