April 28, 2024, 05:52:34 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).  (Read 50989 times)

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
sounds good.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2011, 12:00:50 PM »
Socapro,let me rephrase what ah really meant in my earlier post.
Any team that we pick to play Bermuda we would at least or at worst be capable of holding on for a draw,on the other hand Bim is going to beat Guyana,that should leave us on top with 2 matches to go.I dont see why you feel that I should be more confident when we catch we arse to win both our matches with all we overseas players.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2011, 12:19:16 PM »
So what was the plot again?? :thinking:

Not really sure what the problem is, but Philadelphia fans can't seem to figure out what is preventing him from playing for them.
read the comments
http://www.brotherlygame.com/2011/10/3/2466112/the-plot-thickens-keon-daniel-travels-trinidad-and-tobago-philadelphia-union-dengue-fever

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2011, 03:02:26 PM »
Well Philly said it was a visa problem that needed to be addressed. What plot are they talking about?

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2011, 03:40:32 PM »
i don't think the team catch their ass to win the game, but it was poor chemistry among players. I just hope we can look at the team this friday and be able to view the team abilities and talents from this new coach.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »

Not really sure what the problem is, but Philadelphia fans can't seem to figure out what is preventing him from playing for them.
read the comments
http://www.brotherlygame.com/2011/10/3/2466112/the-plot-thickens-keon-daniel-travels-trinidad-and-tobago-philadelphia-union-dengue-fever

Nah E, i was just adding ah little sarcasm to the thing bc i thought the article was pointless. i thought the journalist just wasted a lot of time writing this pointless article, and to prove what? daniel is ah small fry in the whole scheme of things.              positive.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2011, 05:05:28 PM »
Well Philly said it was a visa problem that needed to be addressed. What plot are they talking about?
Exactly.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wells: Ideal time to play T&T
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
Wells: Ideal time to play T&T
By Stephen Wright (Royal Gazette)

Nakhi Wells believes Bermuda couldn’t be playing Trinidad at a better time considering their opponents are missing several of their most influential players for Friday’s must-win World Cup qualifier.

Star striker Kenwyne Jones, Ipswich winger Carlos Edwards and LA Galaxy midfielder Chris Birchall are all absent for the Soca Warriors either through injury or unavailability.

And without their key triumvirate, Wells reckons Trinidad could be slightly vulnerable although he insists Bermuda will still start the game as underdogs.

“We’re in a predicament where a win is mandatory for us,” said the 21-year-old. “I would probably say Trinidad’s key players are missing so this is the best time for us to play them and really show we can handle the pressure.

“But I wouldn’t say just because they are without Kenwyne Jones and Carlos Edwards that it’s not going to be just as hard a game.

“The youngsters who take their place will be striving to take their chance because they will know you often only get one opportunity in football.”

The Bradford City striker acknowledges Bermuda’s hopes of advancing from Group B are hanging by a thread having failed to pick up a point from their opening two qualifiers.

With that in mind, Wells admits they will have little option but to attack Trinidad with anything less than a victory almost certainly signalling the death knell for Bermuda’s qualifying chances.

“We can’t win without scoring so we have to be attack-minded. But Trinidad will also be looking for goals because they are behind Guyana on goal difference and that could be crucial in terms of the qualifying picture.”

Wells has made just one appearance for Bradford since returning to the League Two side from international duty last month.

And he concedes Bermuda’s qualifying campaign couldn’t have come at a worst possible time for him in terms of trying to break into the Bantams first team.

“I need to get some minutes under my belt because I’ve hardly played for Bradford recently,” said Wells.

“Decision wise, it’s been difficult because it’s a hard predicament to be in when you’re on the verge of the first team. But you want to represent your country at the same time and do what’s best for yourself which is playing football.

“I wouldn’t say I made a bad choice but I would say things have fallen in the wrong path for me at the club. However, I still have a good six months still on my contract and hopefully I can settle in that time. If it doesn’t work out, I’ll just look to get some time somewhere else.”

The former Dandy Town man believes a strong performance against Trinidad would give him renewed confidence that he can force his way into the Bradford first team.

“The last time I went back I felt good as I got some good minutes under my belt so I’m sure I’ll go back feeling the same way this time around,” he said.

“It was big boost for me to score against Barnet and I believe football is 80 percent confidence.

“As a striker you need goals as they make you feel on top of the world. If I do score a goal or two against Trinidad it will do me the world of good.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
TV?  ??? ah know i asking for plenty
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2011, 11:02:17 AM »
Wells really ambitious. The man benching and talking about picking up one or two goals against T&T.
 Well Friday will be the end of Bermuda's campaign and he can concentrate on Club football

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2011, 01:53:58 PM »
Interviews with Osei Telesford, Devorn Jorsling, and Seon Power

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vC0KzcbIs8E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vC0KzcbIs8E</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 05:33:59 PM »
TV?  ??? ah know i asking for plenty

Radio....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2011, 04:45:47 AM »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2011, 08:02:09 AM »
A defensive coach at last I have hoped for such like coach taking TT and finally we have Otto Pfister,teach them how to defend something we always seem to be bad at its always been our weak point.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2011, 02:06:22 PM »
Dread we still have defensive issues, we ain't get stiff competition yet

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2011, 02:17:07 PM »
True that we haven't met up with the big boys yet but when yuh look back at our losses for 2010 it was all defensive blunders,ah feel the man putting a lil extra defensive culture in the boys and that could be crucial.Remember we didn't do too badly against all ah dem big boys,it jess ah blunder here and there,ah feel he go fix it in time,we have nuff practice to get it right.Regards.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2011, 05:02:57 PM »
Yeh, but @ least the ball is rolling and the problem is being addressed. i think instead of lookin back we should be looking straight ahead with optimism.

last time i felt that way was june of 2006 and i don't want this feeling to end, sometimes i feel like ah dreamin bc finally we have ah sane coach and all our best players in the fold, so lewwe hold ah positive vibe, shall we.    ;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SN6Ba8ZUEr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SN6Ba8ZUEr8</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_Eha1n9hqBM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_Eha1n9hqBM</a>
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 06:35:35 PM by Tallman »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2011, 07:51:49 PM »
Yeh, but @ least the ball is rolling and the problem is being addressed. i think instead of lookin back we should be looking straight ahead with optimism.

last time i felt that way was june of 2006 and i don't want this feeling to end, sometimes i feel like ah dreamin bc finally we have ah sane coach and all our best players in the fold, so lewwe hold ah positive vibe, shall we.    ;)

don't worry mr doom and gloom will soon come to rain on the parade and vibes :D

Offline BrotherlyGame

• New Warrior
  • The Brotherly Game
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherly Game
« Reply #79 on: October 06, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »

read the comments

Nah E, i was just adding ah little sarcasm to the thing bc i thought the article was pointless. i thought the journalist just wasted a lot of time writing this pointless article, and to prove what? daniel is ah small fry in the whole scheme of things.              positive.

The situation is confusing for the following reasons:

-His disappearance just kind of happened.
-The Union have been completely quiet about it besides refuting a report that was written on the Brotherly Game.
-TTFF reported that he may have Dengue Fever, then never said he didn't have it.
-Daniel is due to play tomorrow without any indication of what his illness was, is or anything of that nature.
-He has neither been inside of the United States, nor played for the Union since either August 28 or 29, without any explanation beyond "visa problems."
-This was most likely completely preventable.

It's a big mystery here in Philly why one of the players that was emerging this season all of a sudden is gone without a proper reason. The team and Daniel should have known about the situation and preventing it from happening in the first place. It's my feeling that the team muddled something, considering they took days to report 'officially' that Daniel had been called up to international duty. Plus the team has a history of players having problems with international duty and re-entry/visas (Cristian Arrieta).

This situation with Daniel has become a saga in Philly. He would most likely be starting at LM/LCAM if not for his visa problems, as the Union head into the 2011 MLS playoffs. Instead, he's still in T&T and hasn't done much soccer related since early September.
Managing Editor of the Brotherly Game. www.brotherlygame.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2011, 03:39:36 AM »
Interviews with Osei Telesford, Devorn Jorsling, and Seon Power

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vC0KzcbIs8E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vC0KzcbIs8E</a>

If dis is Fuentes interviewing these fellas... I'll say well done. Getting these younger guys out into the open gives them a felling of responsibility for the result. Well done again to Fuentes if he is responsible for this.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »

read the comments

The situation is confusing for the following reasons:

-His disappearance just kind of happened.
-The Union have been completely quiet about it besides refuting a report that was written on the Brotherly Game.
-TTFF reported that he may have Dengue Fever, then never said he didn't have it.
-Daniel is due to play tomorrow without any indication of what his illness was, is or anything of that nature.
-He has neither been inside of the United States, nor played for the Union since either August 28 or 29, without any explanation beyond "visa problems."
-This was most likely completely preventable.

It's a big mystery here in Philly why one of the players that was emerging this season all of a sudden is gone without a proper reason. The team and Daniel should have known about the situation and preventing it from happening in the first place. It's my feeling that the team muddled something, considering they took days to report 'officially' that Daniel had been called up to international duty. Plus the team has a history of players having problems with international duty and re-entry/visas (Cristian Arrieta).

This situation with Daniel has become a saga in Philly. He would most likely be starting at LM/LCAM if not for his visa problems, as the Union head into the 2011 MLS playoffs. Instead, he's still in T&T and hasn't done much soccer related since early September.

It is indeed strange.

Tallman,
You ever hear anything more back from de agent? Nobody ent bounce up keon in Trinidad to ask him wha is de scene?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2011, 08:23:58 AM »
Based on Ian Prescott's article this could be the starting line-up tonight.

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2011, 08:32:29 AM »
Firebrand...if indeed dat is the squad...we good to go...dat squad formidable.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2011, 08:57:31 AM »
Firebrand...if indeed dat is the squad...we good to go...dat squad formidable.

Agreed....... liking that line up
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2011, 10:15:03 AM »
1. We look terrible in that training vid.
2. We still giving Bermuda 4
Hart for president

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2011, 10:29:24 AM »
Just got a reply from a Bermudan player that the game is doubtful to be televised there but I guess there should be a radio link.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2011, 10:41:42 AM »

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

this seems reasonable, ah hope molino keep it simple and Hector atleast make d bench......dis fella is ah real allrounder, attack and defense, I woulda be more inclined to push d wingers up and drop Peltier in d CAM hole just behind stern but ah know man fraid 4-3-3 type formations with we heart attack defense.
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2011, 10:45:51 AM »

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

good team, i presume hector coming in as a sub to cover if hyland or molino don't perform

telesford at right back  ??? i don't think i remember ever seeing him play that position

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2011, 10:56:04 AM »
Hector or Leon will start before Molino. Adams for Connell . Would not be surprised if Bakr starts  withJames and Powers play the right back.

1]; } ?>