April 25, 2024, 11:59:58 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).  (Read 50818 times)

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Bermuda Game (07-Oct-11).
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2011, 11:15:08 AM »
Just got a reply from a Bermudan player that the game is doubtful to be televised there but I guess there should be a radio link.

Hopefully Fuentes can cover the game with his camera crew!!

Maybe in the future if this scenario is to reoccur we can send Fuentes some helpers with an extra camera and someone to do proper match commentary in addition to someone like Touches in the media box to do the official match report!!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TODAY's Bermuda match commentary under jeopardy
« Reply #91 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:53 AM »
I just heard from a reliable source that the I-95.5fm commentary... the ONLY station to attempt to bring the game live to us is now in jeopardy because of a new bachaanal over TV RIGHTS... apparently the BFA do NOT own the TV rights, but a company with ties to a certain individual does. As a result, ALL SPORTS promotions who apparently are feeling slighted at not being able to keep their committment to bring a TELEVISED (delayed) broadcast of the match have written correspondence to I-95.5 tellin them that they do not have the rights to bring live radio commentary.... meanwhile reporters from Trinidad are ALREADY in Bermuda, and another station will be bringing "capsule" reports... the situation will be resolved in the next few hours, and expect the entire incident to be revealed in its entiety on tomorrow (Saturday 8th Oct) I-Sports program...

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 07, 2011, 11:42:04 AM »
that sounds wonderful guys soca warriors tv. try to make it loook like this  http://www.ussoccer.com/Multimedia/Media-Center.aspx#/video

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2011, 11:44:16 AM »
As Tony Halford indicated before the rights to these games have been sold to Traffic Sports so our tail in de dark until some media house steps up and makes a purchase to cover the games. Fuentes said they will be filming the game and showing it delayed in T&T though. So until then we have to take ah Tylenol and get ready for another dose of Andre Baptiste radio commentary.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: TODAY's Bermuda match commentary under jeopardy
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2011, 11:46:27 AM »
that good for some posters on the board here, they talking about how I am complaining about seeing the game live and now no radio broadcasts to hear our team, i don't know why all sport complaining, they know who owns the rights to the bfa games, they should have taken care of this in advance, but no, they wait last minute >:( or make an excuse for their failure.

crapaud smoke allyuh pipe

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2011, 11:49:11 AM »
i hope it works out.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2011, 11:59:23 AM »
I just heard from a reliable source that the I-95.5fm commentary... the ONLY station to attempt to bring the game live to us is now in jeopardy because of a new bachaanal over TV RIGHTS... apparently the BFA do NOT own the TV rights, but a company with ties to a certain individual does. As a result, ALL SPORTS promotions who apparently are feeling slighted at not being able to keep their committment to bring a TELEVISED (delayed) broadcast of the match have written correspondence to I-95.5 tellin them that they do not have the rights to bring live radio commentary.... meanwhile reporters from Trinidad are ALREADY in Bermuda, and another station will be bringing "capsule" reports... the situation will be resolved in the next few hours, and expect the entire incident to be revealed in its entiety on tomorrow (Saturday 8th Oct) I-Sports program...

Don't think TV rights and live radio commentary amounts to the same thing, two different things entirely!!

Next thing All Sports might try to argue that Touches have no rights to attend matches and then post to this forum his Touches Match Day report soon after the match or even live if we give him the facility!!  ;)

I suspect that I- will be allowed to broadcast the game live and that All Sports only sulking because as I see it TV rights and live radio commentary especially the unprofessional one that we usually get from I- are two completely different things!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 12:02:39 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »
Does Fuentes or TTFF have a Twitter Account? We can get updates there?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
WAHDIFORKINRASS!!! :cursing:

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2011, 12:04:35 PM »

Don't think TV rights and live radio commentary amounts to the same thing, two different things entirely!!

FIFA lists TV, radio and internet rights separately. Based on their list the quote unquote "CFU" only has the TV rights, not radio and internet. Plus FIFA withdrew the CFU contract, supposedly, so where did that really leave things?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:10 PM »

FIFA lists TV, radio and internet rights separately. Based on their list the quote unquote "CFU" only has the TV rights, not radio and internet. Plus FIFA withdrew the CFU contract, supposedly, so where did that really leave things?

ask all sport, sam and crew supports all sport so maybe they should ask them who is in control ;)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »
WAHDIFORKINRASS!!! :cursing:

imagine its 2011 and all sport and ttff moving like its the 1950s

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
As Tony Halford indicated before the rights to these games have been sold to Traffic Sports so our tail in de dark until some media house steps up and makes a purchase to cover the games. Fuentes said they will be filming the game and showing it delayed in T&T though. So until then we have to take ah Tylenol and get ready for another dose of Andre Baptiste radio commentary.

when did harford state traffic sports owns the games?

from my knowledge i have been told  a company has already reached out to all sport to acquire the rights for the games, but according to my source, all sport has not responded back to the proposal

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:02 PM »
I believe there will be a Bermudian radio station carrying the game, its just a matter of finding it.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 07, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »
I believe there will be a Bermudian radio station carrying the game, its just a matter of finding it.

Let’s hope they are on the net and have a live player on their site that could handle the traffic!!

Someone please make some calls to Bermuda! This might be a saviour or better alternative to us listening to the unprofessional I- commentary if I- gets thru!!   :praying:

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 07, 2011, 01:20:19 PM »
After those Bajans crap themselves down with that gawdawful commentary last game, Andre 'Asparin' Baptiste Ken Butcher and Edgar Vidale come like a breath of fresh air yes.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline rickstaa

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2011, 01:29:54 PM »
good luck TNT make us proud :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2011, 01:41:17 PM »
Great eight eager to stay perfect

Haiti, Antigua and Barbuda, Guatemala, Canada, Panama, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and El Salvador have all begun CONCACAF group-stage qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil™ in perfect form. All these sides will be back in action on Friday with high hopes of keeping up their 100 per cent records against a field of lesser lights becoming ever-more desperate to pick up points in this third matchday in North, Central America and the Caribbean.

The big game
Bermuda-Trinidad and Tobago
The last time Caribbean giants Trinidad and Tobago travelled to Bermuda, in 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying, they were shocked in a 2-1 defeat. “We beat them then and I’m confident we have the firepower to do it again,” Bermudan captain Khano Smith – a member of that winning Gombey Warriors team – told FIFA.com. The comparatively mighty Soca Warriors eventually overcame the setback and sent Bermuda packing, but the tiny Atlantic island gave T&T a run for their money again in their Brazil 2014 opener a month ago on the road in Port of Spain. They barely capitulated in a 1-0 reverse, and deserved better. “We deserved something from that game and I am sure we will get it this time out,” Smith added by way of warning to T&T, who will be without injured captain and scorer from the first leg, Kenwyne Jones.

The best of the rest
El Salvador, who last reached the world finals in 1982, are still riding high at the top of Group A with six points from their two games. They will face a tricky test away in San Cristobal when they take on the Dominican Republic, a side that stretched them 3-2 in their opening fixture in San Salvador. Second in the group, Suriname travel to Georgetown to take on whipping boys the Cayman Islands, who have conceded five goals in their two losses and look likely contenders for an early exit.

While Trinidad and Tobago tangle with Bermuda in Hamilton, fellow Group B leaders Guyana (tied on six points) are away in Bridgetown to meet up with Barbados. The Barbadians promised much in the run-up to their campaign, but they have yet to bag a point or score a goal in their two games and, with only the group winners moving on to the next stage, hopes are dimming.

Panama have a golden opportunity to take lone control of Group C when they travel to Dominica. Julio Dely Valdes’ Canaleros top the section (which only contains three teams after the Bahamas pulled out) on three points after beating Nicaragua in their opener.

Canada are coasting at the top of Group D with six points from two wins, and Stephen Hart’s men from the Great White North will be doing their all to avoid a slip-up when they travel to Roseau to take on St. Lucia, a side they beat handily in their opener. Also in action in the section are Puerto Rico, who host surprise packages St. Kitts and Nevis, occupants of second place.

Group E leaders Guatemala are in action against St. Vincent and the Grenadines, who are tied for second place. Central American minnows Belize (the other team in second) will meet Grenada, who despite improving their standing in the Caribbean zone of late, have yet to pick up a point in their previous two Brazil 2014 qualifiers.

Both of Group F’s leaders, Haiti and Antigua and Barbuda, are in action away on Friday. The Haitians travel to the US Virgin Islands with all three points on their mind while the impressive Antiguans – led by the power and pace of Peter ‘Big Pete’ Byers – hope to add to their zone-best goals scored tally of 13 when they line up against Curacao in Willemstad.

Player to watch – Dwayne De Rosario (CAN)
Canada’s hot start to qualifying can be partially explained by the consistent leadership and fine play of one Dwayne De Rosario. The ultra-competitive striker/playmaker scored in the Canucks’ 4-1 win over St. Lucia and has played every minute of his side’s campaign so far. St. Lucia should be nervous when they face off with De Rosario again on Friday as he is fresh off a three-goal performance for MLS club side DC United, scoring a 31-minute hat-trick - the fastest in the North American league’s history. 

What they said
“We’re doing better than we did in the 2010 World Cup campaign. Expectation is high among our fans as a result and we really believe we can get them partying in the streets. We have a lot of confidence in ourselves,” Marco Pappa aims to get Guatemala, who have come so close on recent occasions, to their first FIFA World Cup finals.

CONCACAF second round, matchday three (Friday 7 October 2011)
Dominican Republic-El Salvador
St. Vincent and the Grenadines-Guatemala
Belize-Grenada
Barbados-Guyana
US Virgin Islands-Haiti
Dominica-Panama
St. Lucia-Canada
Cayman Islands-Suriname
Bermuda-Trinidad and Tobago
Puerto Rico-St. Kitts and Nevis
Curacao-Antigua and Barbuda

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/news/newsid=1522248/index.html

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2011, 01:48:20 PM »
 :frustrated:

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
Based on Ian Prescott's article this could be the starting line-up tonight.

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

good team, i presume hector coming in as a sub to cover if hyland or molino don't perform

telesford at right back  ??? i don't think i remember ever seeing him play that position
i did. right there in bermuda when we buss dem in the last campaign.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 07, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »
Sooooo uuuummm its been about 3 hours since Patriot posted this unbelievable news.  Any update??
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 07, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »
2 hours left to the game and no live radio links confirmed yet!!

Who to blame for this?!!
Can a fan not follow T&T world cup qualifiers away games in the Caribbean unless he/she have money to travel to each and every away game to see it live?!

Then the TTFF want to complain about lack of support for the team at home games!!  ::)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #112 on: October 07, 2011, 03:45:23 PM »

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

good team, i presume hector coming in as a sub to cover if hyland or molino don't perform

telesford at right back  ??? i don't think i remember ever seeing him play that position

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #113 on: October 07, 2011, 03:46:19 PM »
http://v5.player.abacast.com/v5.1/player/index.php?uid=6187

got this station from bermuda, im waiting to see if they cover the game

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 07, 2011, 04:10:44 PM »

Phillip
Connell
James
Power
Telesford
Daniel
Molino
Hyland
Tinto
Peltier

:beermug:
I believe jaggy would start on the left wing, and keon daniel in the middle, can't see molino just coming in and starting over clyde leon, even though i rather molino, maybe molino could start on the flank over jaggy, but it's like i seeing hyland and daniel in the middle of the park with tino in the right and either molino or jaggy on the left flank.

power would stay in central defense with julius , this bc of how the coach was bigging him up after the bados game,

i also believe adams will start over connell in the left back position. BTW, osie telesford ia ah solid defender, so don't count him out.   good lucky boys.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 04:12:57 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 07, 2011, 04:19:46 PM »
Game start? wah going on. Where can I hear it?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 07, 2011, 04:31:48 PM »
please...suffering in London...link please...radio...tv...reports..anything

come on tnt...Stern...side foot son
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 07, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »
well we reach whey we goin. steups
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 07, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
Sooooo uuuummm its been about 3 hours since Patriot posted this unbelievable news.  Any update??
We WILL get SOME kind of commentary of the game... Andre & Ken Butcher on air now...
Here's the starting line-up:-
Marvin Phillips
Telesford James Power Adams
Molino Hyland Daniel
Stern Peltier Tinto

1]; } ?>