March 28, 2024, 10:51:58 AM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel Thread.  (Read 42996 times)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel Thread.
« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2013, 02:07:11 PM »
Why all the fuss about Keon Daniel,just because he dissapoint some folks on the website people making him an issue,to each his own,players are there to use T&T if they get the opportunity as well as T&T uses them as they see fit,look how players are forgotten when they fall by the wayside so if Keon chooses to play the fool and T&T still wants to beg him so be it.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »
Cant defend the indefensible - poor judgement by the lad!! Spoke to my mum and she's trying to get in touch with her brother-in-law (Keon's uncle) to see what is up. But even they can't get a hold of him!!

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
look at Daniel a no show .... but yet   Tiresais fights down deleon bostock etc ....

Well lets be clear, I have a problem with Bostock's lack of loyalty and poor attitude throughout his career, that doesn't improve because Keon Daniel's an even bigger tool. My problem with DeLeon is that I view his decision not to accept a call-up to T&T as a calculated pragmatic decision about his possibility of getting international football, and that he should instead commit to the country closest to his heart.

Daniel will get no defence from me, my point has always been taht international football should be the highest privilege afforded a footballer, and disrespecting that position is a slap in the face to your fellow countrymen.

So in short, no Bostock, no DeLeon, no Daniel. Of course everyone entitled to their opinion :)
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 03:55:36 PM by Tiresais »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
Cant defend the indefensible - poor judgement by the lad!! Spoke to my mum and she's trying to get in touch with her brother-in-law (Keon's uncle) to see what is up. But even they can't get a hold of him!!
I have always been this fellah biggest defender, because I saw him live in the scrimmage we had against the USA some years ago, and he was the only man I wanted to see on de damn ball.

But lately jed I dunno nah, he trying even my patience.

Now as to why I quoting Thomo response is cause after I read today that he was a no-show, I start wondering, like dis man eh ha no friend or family or what???? Thomo kinda answer dat question of family trying to contact him.

Like he is ah loner (no padna to call him and say boy WTF yuh doing?) or what, also one or two men mention dat de fellah could have some personal (mental?) issues too going on.

It has to be something more, yuh cah love football enough to be playing pro and when yuh get call for Nashy duty yuh eh come??? I hope Hart show him ah lil compassion and dig lil deep to find out what is really up wid Keon

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Keon Daniel Thread.
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2013, 05:07:13 PM »
I have always been this fellah biggest defender, because I saw him live in the scrimmage we had against the USA some years ago, and he was the only man I wanted to see on de damn ball.

But lately jed I dunno nah, he trying even my patience.

Now as to why I quoting Thomo response is cause after I read today that he was a no-show, I start wondering, like dis man eh ha no friend or family or what???? Thomo kinda answer dat question of family trying to contact him.

Like he is ah loner (no padna to call him and say boy WTF yuh doing?) or what, also one or two men mention dat de fellah could have some personal (mental?) issues too going on.

It has to be something more, yuh cah love football enough to be playing pro and when yuh get call for Nashy duty yuh eh come??? I hope Hart show him ah lil compassion and dig lil deep to find out what is really up wid Keon

Compassion? How much chances he deserve?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »
Not sure it's Hart's place to show him compassion really - he needs his friends, family, and coaches to deal with him in that fashion. Hart's position is more of an outsider when it comes to this situation - the player has disrespected and undermined his position and there should really only be one response - dropped and forced into early retirement until the situation changes

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
oh gosh man Skilla...gosh man

to think we fly the man into Trinidad...and he did not bother to make the trip...at first I thought he failed to meet the team in jamaica "from" USA...mama...come bago...nah man
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Keon Daniel Thread.
« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2013, 07:42:07 PM »

to think we fly the man into Trinidad...and he did not bother to make the trip...at first I thought he failed to meet the team in jamaica "from" USA...mama...come bago...nah man

Wait he was in Trinidad? Nah boy, that even worse
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »

Wait he was in Trinidad? Nah boy, that even worse

ent...he coulda take de panorama and still reach in time

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2013, 08:48:28 PM »
Not sure it's Hart's place to show him compassion really - he needs his friends, family, and coaches to deal with him in that fashion. Hart's position is more of an outsider when it comes to this situation - the player has disrespected and undermined his position and there should really only be one response - dropped and forced into early retirement until the situation changes
Clearly we look at life and the treatment of people differently bredda, but dais to be expected, cause we two different people right :)

Now-and more importantly-on to the question of we (TTFA) flying him home???
Is this true?
If so, why didn't he go to Jamaica with the rest of the team?
Did he tell them that he would meet them in Jamaica?

Something wrong wid me yes, i always questioning (or waiting for the rell story to come out) things...maybe it might be easier for me to just  past judgment (yankee spelling) before I know all the facts ;)

Offline socalion

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2013, 09:06:05 PM »
Forumites  just watch coach stephen hart  at his press conference in jamaica ... then you'll get a solid idea  how rediculous keon daniel  no show really is ... imagine 2 tickets  booked   for a player and nada feedback from keon .. nah ah doh want to hear no bs excuse .....  save it .. he is a grown ass man now, no one should stand for that ..... its real disrespectful to his team mates and the coaching staff ..   nuff said ..

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2013, 09:08:03 PM »
Forumites  just watch coach stephen hart  at his press conference in jamaica ... then you'll get a solid idea  how rediculous keon daniel  no show really is ... imagine 2 tickets  booked   for a player and nada feedback from keon .. nah ah doh want to hear no bs excuse .....  save it .. he is a grown ass man now, no one should stand for that ..... its real disrespectful to his team mates and the coaching staff ..   nuff said ..
Yeah boy I now done watch de video...something really wrong with Keon jed, like he piping or what?

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2013, 09:51:14 PM »
Look nah this has been the m.o. Of this player. Is not like he is a game breaker in my opinion. What is an issues for me is that there may his actions may have jeopardize an opportunity for a local or another player. DISCIPLINE- or lack there of. End of story. How does the TTFA collect the  $$$$$ for the tickets?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2013, 02:47:36 AM »
Surely it'd be a breach of contract, and they could pursue this in America (it's unlikely the PFA will back him in this situation)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »
I know SH, Keon eh getting call again, one time, two times, three time, de line draw now.

Coops, is not de matter off running down players bro, you have to give a man a chance to, you cant just vex just so, but now after 3 times, its go be de coach fault if he call him again.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2013, 09:12:31 AM »
Steups!!!! who the hell cares...No Keon Daniel....big fricking Deal!!!! give me a break 
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2013, 09:48:26 AM »
This is my assumption if all of what I read is true about this fella

Keon just not serious.
He take things too easy.

The man has talent, but he's happy coasting. I was always a fan of this guy

Keon if you read this (which I doubt you do, cuz you may not care), one day you will be dropped.  People can't keep paying you for potential when younger, quicker and hungrier guys coming every year.  Hope you have a back up plan, cuz that Philly Union salary ain't covering you the rest of your life. You should be in your prime now.  You getting old....and tired.  Man up and take care of yourself and your career before it's too late.  You're not like Dwight, Stern, Latas, Carlos or Kenwyne.

If you don't like playing football, you could always flip burgers.
whey boy!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #107 on: November 15, 2013, 10:19:21 AM »
he get a free trip to trinidad, so he liming...

au revoir... that is the last of keon...

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2013, 10:43:29 AM »
Good riddens!!! The real question is why has he always been rated so highly?  :loser:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2013, 11:00:57 AM »
I hope the TTFA go after him for the money the paid to fly him to T&T.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2013, 11:32:05 AM »
he get a free trip to trinidad, so he liming...

au revoir... that is the last of keon...
Probably had a big time hangover! Could of still made up a feeling sick excuse.

Sometimes players coming from a small third world country and making a pro team overseas just can't deal with a little fame.

Hopefully KD can realize the opportunity to represent his country is an honor and you only have this opportunity for a short period of time.

The respect the country is showing Chris and Carlos may make KD think about his childish actions and an apology can show he is a genuine rasta.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 02:16:16 PM by Coach »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2013, 12:04:26 PM »
Good riddens riddance !!! The real question is why has he always been rated so highly:loser:
Because he's a very good player, this is not about football, it cannot be. He needs to see a shrink

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A Year in Review: Keon Daniel
« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2013, 06:59:35 AM »
A Year in Review: Keon Daniel
By Matt Reppert (brotherlygame.com)

Midfielder

2013 Stats – 0 Goals, 1 Assist, 27 Shots, 5 Shots on Goal, 4 yellows and no red cards in 1,721 Minutes played, also appeared in 24 games starting 20 of them.

Salary - $80,004 Base Salary / $80,004 Guaranteed Compensation

Review of 2013 Performance – Simply put, Keon Daniel wasn’t that good this past season. His paltry stats attest to that. He often appeared lethargic and unable to properly link the midfield to the attack. Daniel became one of the focal points of fan rage and one of the faces for the Union’s lack of production during the season. Hackworth’s continued loyalty to Daniel despite numerous calls for his benching only further enraged many in the fan base. However, a sign that Daniel’s time with the first team could be ending came during the October 12th match at D.C. United, as he was subbed at the 45th minute - a huge departure from John Hackworth’s usual method of subbing players out.

Expectations for 2014 – It would be a surprise if Keon Daniel is still with the Union by the time the 2014 season kicks off. If he is, I expect him to be a sub option brought in to use his larger size to try and play a more possession oriented game in order to help protect a lead. Nothing more.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »
TM, I believe this was asked before and sorry I don't recall the answer, but do the franchises provide subsidised housing for players?

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
John Hackworth lukewarm on Keon Daniel's future with the Union
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2014, 06:39:38 PM »
By Jonathan Tannenwald (philly.com)

Few players on the Union's roster generates as much consternation among observers of the team as Keon Daniel. The Trinidadian midfielder has never lived up to expectations at PPL Park, whether playing in the center of the park or on the left wing.

Now, as Major League Soccer's March 1 roster compliance deadline looms, it looks like Daniel's job is under real threat.

He has made just one appearance in the Union's three Disney Pro Soccer Classic games, playing 21 minutes in a 1-0 loss to the Columbus Crew. In the team's two other exhibitions against MLS teams, Daniel played 30 minutes against the New England Revolution and 45 minutes against the New York Red Bulls.

During John Hackworth's weekly conference call with reporters Thursday. I asked the Union's manager to address why Daniel hasn't played much so far this year. Hackworth asnwered:

There’s been a lot of competition for those spots. We think we’ve upgraded our midfield, and there has been a lot of competition in training for those positions. Right now he's behind those guys that are being featured. It doesn’t mean Keon has done anything wrong, it just means that his role on this team has changed from what it was last year.

You don't have to be much of a politician to see a message between the lines there. So I asked Hackworth whether Daniel could be left out when the Union trim their roster to 30 players at the end of the week. Hackworth answered:

It’s a good question, but it’s also a really hard question to put in the context of Keon. We are going to have to make some really tough decisions in the next two days. Some of those are already made for us because of contractual obligations, and our salary cap affects that equally as much.

Also, how many guys can we have on the senior roster versus the supplemental roster? All of these [factors] are going into those decisions, and one way or another we are going to have to release guys that are really valuable. We don’t want to lose those guys, but it’s part of the business.

It will be very interesting to see whether Daniel survives.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Keon Daniel enigma
« Reply #115 on: February 27, 2014, 06:44:22 PM »
I'm curious what y'all think of Keon.  I think because he doesn't appear to be always running and isn't box to box, he gets a bad rep. At the same time though, he had horrible crosses from corners last year, gave up the ball a lot, and the only passes he made was backwards. As a Union fan and season ticket holder, I'm pretty much the only one waving my Trini flag for him but he disappoints.  Then I see him play in the Gold Cup and see the productivity. Is it just he's in the wrong position? Formation? Would love to hear y'all thoughts.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2014, 07:13:18 PM »
I'm curious what y'all think of Keon.  I think because he doesn't appear to be always running and isn't box to box, he gets a bad rep. At the same time though, he had horrible crosses from corners last year, gave up the ball a lot, and the only passes he made was backwards. As a Union fan and season ticket holder, I'm pretty much the only one waving my Trini flag for him but he disappoints.  Then I see him play in the Gold Cup and see the productivity. Is it just he's in the wrong position? Formation? Would love to hear y'all thoughts.

The man have everything to be a top player expect the common sense and the curse of going into zones feeling sorry for himself because of past personal problems.

He not realizing how lucky he is to have God given talent and a decent job better than playing in the Pro League.

Yes, he lost his parents, but he needs to get over than and make a name for himself, they would have want de best for him and would be happy to see him in the position he is now, well, a year ago with Philly.

Maybe, he should just quit and go and plant peas in Tobago.

He needs a reality check.

And 10 years down de road, he could live with more pain when he realize how de decision he is making now will affect his future and then he go want man to feel sorry for him.

Life is hard but it could always be worst.

I hope he wake's up and fast.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 07:17:30 PM by Sam »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2014, 10:38:55 AM »
By Jonathan Tannenwald (philly.com)

I'd noticed that Philly brought in a few new midfielders in the offseason and I was wondering when this would come up. Hopefully Keon survives and if not I hope he gets picked up by another MLS team at least. Either way, he really needs to get his head together. And I honestly believe that he is not capable of doing that by himself, so I hope he's getting help in handling whatever 'demons/issues' he's dealing with. I am concerned though, that if he get's released or even traded by Philly, he might go into one of his zones which would have a negative effect on his performance for any other teams.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2014, 09:33:39 AM »

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
The arrival of Maurice Edu probably sealed his fate.
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

1]; } ?>