March 29, 2024, 07:34:20 AM

Author Topic: Keon Daniel Thread.  (Read 43030 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel lands in Poland
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2014, 12:06:06 PM »
WATCH Keon Daniel participate in a fitness test at MKS Miedź Legnica.
https://www.facebook.com/socawarriors.net/posts/10152471734159314
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2014, 07:15:52 AM »
After passing his medical tests, 27-year old midfielder Keon Daniel is now officially an MKS Miedź Legnica player.

Offline TdotTrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2014, 08:32:04 AM »
Those Eastern European countries are rough to live in but seems like Peltier's doing well in Slovakia, which borders Poland. Having visited that country, apart from Warsaw and maybe Krakow, diversity is slim to none. All the best KD!!! Play well and win over the fans :beermug:
everywhere, admittedly. old story
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/england/2324973.stm?storyLink=%252523

Some Eastern Euro countries might surprise you. Budapest is quite nice.

Don't know much about Poland though. But what Kiev and Budapest taught me was to not assume.

VB

Good to know, heading there in the fall.  :beermug:
Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
This club plays in the second tier of Polish football. Stadium capacity of about 6300.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2014, 10:40:21 AM »
neat lil stadium

always wondered y proleague clubs aint invest in somthin small n intimate like this and create a decent product to bring in ppl from surrounding communities

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2014, 11:36:27 AM »
neat lil stadium

always wondered y proleague clubs aint invest in somthin small n intimate like this and create a decent product to bring in ppl from surrounding communities
Cause it doesn't generate billions to thief   :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2014, 04:26:55 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-CyTa4j0Xqw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-CyTa4j0Xqw</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Real Story, Keon Daniel and the Union
« Reply #157 on: May 27, 2014, 07:13:29 PM »
The Real Story, Keon Daniel and the Union
soccersportnetwork.com

After spending almost 3 seasons with the MLS team Philadelphia Union, midfielder Keon Daniel has turned his career, believe or not, downside UP.

Just after having been recognized by the Union for the last two seasons when he was a regular part of the starting 11, the player received the unfortunate news by his coach Hackworth that he would not play due to the big signings the coach had arranged for the team. The coach's decision to hire numerous midfielders for exorbitant salaries had tremendously affected Keon's relation with the Union.

If we take a look today at the MLS Eastern Conference standings, the Union holds the 9th position among the 10 teams, only 2 wins so far. So, unfortunately, the coach's plan is not working as he'd expected. And to add insult to injury, he just let one of his best players go.

After learning of the decision by the Union to hire so many midfielders, Keon agreed with his agent Cleiton Bernardes to look for better opportunities. So, player, agent and technical staff had come to a decision for Keon to find another team. During the negotiations for the change, the Union's technical staff dropped several offers arranged by Soccer Sport Network as they were claiming they were not satisfying enough for the club's interest. So, the Union offered to let Keon go but only to Arizona SC from the USL. That was the deal. During the whole process the Union did not waive the player, and consequently other MLS teams could not indicate their interest to hire the player.

After signing with Arizona SC, Keon learned that he could not play for the team because of pending visa issues. Arizona then let Keon go after just one week.

After these unfortunate series of events for the athlete, he finally received an excellent opportunity. Cleiton from Soccer Sport Network arranged a chance for him to play in Europe.

"I'm very grateful for the Union for everything they've done for me but, unfortunately, it did not work out the way I expected. I was very disappointed and did not expect the technical staff not to support me after my progress and everything I've built while with them. On the other hand, Legnica has already showed me a lot of interest and has fulfilled my expectations as a hard-working player. A lot of thanks to my agent Cleiton Bernardes who believed me and supported me when everyone turned against me. Cleiton, you're the one who put me back on track and never gave up on me, I can never thank you enough".

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keon Daniel’s first interview with Miedź Legnica
« Reply #158 on: May 27, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »
Keon Daniel’s first interview with Miedź Legnica
miedzlegnica.eu

Meet Trinidad and Tobago midfielder, Keon Daniel, Miedź Legnica’s first roster addition for the upcoming season.

How did you end up here at Miedź?
KEON DANIEL:
- I found out from my manager that Miedź Legnica was interested in me. Things moved very quickly, and I boarded a plane and here I am.

People from Trinidad and Tobago may view Poland as a rather strange destination. What did you think when you first heard about the interest from Miedź Legnica?
KD:
I thought it was a dream! When I started playing football as a kid, I dreamt of going to Europe. I have always been interested in European football, so when I learned of the offer to play in Europe, in Poland, I was very happy. I immediately knew that I wanted to give it a shot.

Did you know anything about Poland before coming to Legnica?
KD:
Not much about the country, but for example, I really like Robert Lewandowski’s game, and one of my coaches in the MLS was Peter Nowak. Before coming to Legnica I did a little research on the Internet (laughs). Since I’ve been here I’ve spoken to a lot of people involved with the club, and I have learned that you have good ski jumpers in Poland (laughs). I play football, but I'm interested in many sports which I watch on TV. I immediately liked Legnica - it’s a little bigger than my island of Tobago, but the weather here is very similar.

It is not everyday that you get this type of heat in Poland.
KD:
So it seems that I’ve brought this weather to Legnica (laughs). In my country, we have this weather throughout the year.

Have you heard about the Polish winter?
KD:
I’ve heard that it is very cold, but during that time we get a break in the league. Before I went to the United States I had never seen snow live. There is a first time for everything in life (laughs). You can get used to anything, and I'm a person who never complains. For me, the most important thing is playing football and winning. I learned in the MLS that if you want to call yourself a professional, you must do everything to the best of your ability, do not complain, and set high goals for yourself. If you want to win, work hard and focus on your goals. Then there will be a chance to achieve them.

Did you watch the match between Miedź Legnica and Olimpia Grudziadz? How do you like Legnica team?
KD:
I like Legnica’s style of play, and I think that it will not take me long to fit in. Overall, the game is a little different from the MLS. I cannot wait to play with Legnica. It seems to me that we have a very good and skillful football team. I also know that the team has a number of very experienced players, some of whom have represented the Polish national team. I can always learn something from those players.

You say that the game in Poland is different than in the MLS. What are the differences?
KD:
I have not seen many Polish teams play, but from what I’ve seen so far, Polish football is more patient in its buildup. In addition, there is a lot more pressing in the game. As for the similarities, both stress on good physical conditioning and a high workrate.

What position suits you the best?
KD:
I’m a central midfielder. In the national team I play behind the striker as an attacking midfielder. But in the MLS I adapted to being a defensive midfielder where you have much more defensive work to do. I can play both positions, depending on what the team needs.

You will not make your debut for Miedź Legnica until next season. What will you do until then?
KD:
I will train and get to know the team better. I will also learn some of the language. I have already mastered a few basic words: Thank you, good morning, hello (laughs). I learn quickly, and all the people around me are very helpful. When it comes to communication with the guys from the team, I have no problems with that. Many of them know some degree of English. Besides, on the field we speak the language of football.

The FIFA World Cup in Brazil will be starting soon. Neither Poland nor Trinidad and Tobago is involved. Who are you rooting for?
KD:
I’ve always been a fan of Brazil. I especially liked Rivaldo’s game, he was my favorite player. When I was growing up, I wanted to emulate him and play like him. As far as European clubs go, I really like Barcelona.

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keon Daniel Thread.
« Reply #159 on: May 27, 2014, 08:09:13 PM »
From speculating he was a "bum" to reading the "real story" ..........players does need their own PR machine to create balance yes.........hope it works out for him........

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 28, 2014, 04:06:13 AM »
Nice interview... I kinda get take by surprise. Keon never strike me as being so talkative
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #161 on: May 28, 2014, 10:07:30 PM »

Keon Daniel.........ah hard working player? Never dat..... my yute.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2014, 03:21:46 AM »
What position suits you the best?
KD: I’m a central midfielder. In the national team I play behind the striker as an attacking midfielder. But in the MLS I adapted to being a defensive midfielder where you have much more defensive work to do. I can play both positions, depending on what the team needs.

Keon defensive?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

They go find out soon.

When he start to day dream on heself.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2014, 05:52:43 AM »
How much Philly Union games allyuh ever watch? Or allyuh still stick on WC games from 3-4 years ago when he was lazy on the left wing?

He is a very competent central midfielder. He does disappear now and then, but most of the time he in there doing a solid, steady job.

Since he so talkative, I'd love to hear his explanations on the national side.

I a introverted fella myself, so I bias towards trying to understand wha his scene is exactly.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 10, 2014, 09:16:29 PM »
Union name Curtin interim manager

Conor Casey helped Philadelphia come back in style until a late penalty kick from Pedro Morales ended the match in a 3-3 draw.
The Philadelphia Union on Tuesday sacked manager John Hackworth and appointed assistant coach Jim Curtin as interim team manager.

Curtin, 34, a former Chicago Fire player, was named an MLS All-Star and the Fire's defender of the year in 2004. He helped the squad to two U.S. Open Cup titles in 2003 and 2006, as well as the 2003 MLS Supporters Shield.

Curtin played his final two seasons in the League with Chivas USA before retiring in 2009.

"We are an ambitious club and although we are just in our fifth season we expect to win and be in the top tier of MLS," said Union CEO operating partner Nick Sakiewicz. "We have begun an ambitious and global search for a team manager who will help guide us to our goal of competing to win the MLS Cup."

Curtin's first game as interim team manager will be on June 17 when the Union host the Harrisburg City Islanders in the fifth round of the U.S. Open Cup.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2014, 06:16:32 AM »
Forward ever, backwards never.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2014, 05:36:49 PM »
Poor Keon Daniel cannot get a good mango in Poland. On another note, he’s compared to Toni Kroos.

http://www.przegladsportowy.pl/pilka-nozna/i-liga,keon-daniel-z-trynidadu-i-tobago-gra-w-barwach-miedzi-legnica,artykul,483080,1,359.html

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 24, 2014, 02:05:51 PM »
Is it time to bring KD back to (or to start thinking about reintegrating him within) the NT?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:08:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2014, 05:22:35 PM »
Is it time to bring KD back to (or to start thinking about reintegrating him within) the NT?

:-\

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2014, 05:43:31 PM »

I don't see the reason. He's not getting much playing time in Poland. 9 appearances (3 starts and 6 as a sub). Of the 3 starts, he got subbed twice.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 24, 2014, 07:43:01 PM »

I don't see the reason. He's not getting much playing time in Poland. 9 appearances (3 starts and 6 as a sub). Of the 3 starts, he got subbed twice.

Yeah, ah wondering wha it is ... any word on whether injury has been a factor? Could it be adjustment to the setting?

Much of the recent dynamic on the NT (payment, professionalism etc.) brought to the fore items that concerned de brodda. He came to mind due to that, and his openness to returning to the NT.

Miedz has added to the squad. Here's hoping his future there is secure. Too much talent to languish.

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2014, 08:54:24 AM »

Yes, the young man has quality dat we need. Even if he cyah make the startin 11, he is capable of changin- and winnin- the game if introduced...dat game against Jamaica showed that we not as deep as some are claimin because aside from Guerra our proven attackin options were thin.

He adds a natural balance and a silent, rude boy confidence..."give me d ball and I go make sumting happen".

Coachman, call him up for some games before the GC and go from dey.
He Is Highly

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2014, 09:37:50 AM »
I recall Hart saying while he's NT coach, KD would not be called up again b/c of his non-response to 2 call ups for NT duty.  Anything happened since then behind or in front of the scenes? 
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2014, 10:52:47 AM »

Yes, the young man has quality dat we need. Even if he cyah make the startin 11, he is capable of changin- and winnin- the game if introduced...dat game against Jamaica showed that we not as deep as some are claimin because aside from Guerra our proven attackin options were thin.

He adds a natural balance and a silent, rude boy confidence..."give me d ball and I go make sumting happen".

Coachman, call him up for some games before the GC and go from dey.

Ah know Plaza and Winchester were absent, buh yuh highlight de other consideration that was bubbling in my thoughts. Ah curious as to what de "behind the numbers" (see TM's post) vibe iz with him.

An argument in his favour would be that there's a reasonable period of time between now and the Gold Cup.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:20:46 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2014, 11:10:32 AM »
I recall Hart saying while he's NT coach, KD would not be called up again b/c of his non-response to 2 call ups for NT duty.  Anything happened since then behind or in front of the scenes? 

From what I gather, KD is a serious, reflective fella who speaks his mind and doh like folly ... although generally silent. This seems to have played a part in some of the reports/narrative on how he's been portrayed ... because yuh cyah fully read a man if he doh choose to respond in public to folly.

Dem negative runnings eh have nutten to do with Hart, but with issues of principle and professionalism that played out poorly from a NT management/admin/organizational perspective  ... and were divergent in expectation from allegedly clear, direct and straight requests de baller made.

Unless he cross SH directly, seems to me worthy of investigation because ah man doh jes hold he corners comfortable so on principle, without more. If ppl gehhin pay, and things improving ... all hands on deck?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 11:13:37 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »
You only have a short time in life to represent your country don't ever miss out! Also after GC is WC qualifications and every player dream is to represent his country at WC. Later on in life if you know you had the ability to represent your country at WC and you did not go for it trust me it will be your biggest regret.

Keon is a good baller and representing your country will only help to increase his value.

Keon needs to man up, give SH a call and move on.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2014, 05:50:45 PM »

From what I gather, KD is a serious, reflective fella who speaks his mind and doh like folly ... although generally silent. This seems to have played a part in some of the reports/narrative on how he's been portrayed ... because yuh cyah fully read a man if he doh choose to respond in public to folly.

Dem negative runnings eh have nutten to do with Hart, but with issues of principle and professionalism that played out poorly from a NT management/admin/organizational perspective  ... and were divergent in expectation from allegedly clear, direct and straight requests de baller made.

Unless he cross SH directly, seems to me worthy of investigation because ah man doh jes hold he corners comfortable so on principle, without more. If ppl gehhin pay, and things improving ... all hands on deck?

You probably closer to the situation and know the runnings beyond what is portrayed in public,  but this is the sequence in the public eye unless I am mistaken

(1) SH calls KD twice for national team duty and each time he does not show or respond to the calls

(2) SH is interviewed and asked about KD and makes statements to the effect that he will not represent the national team under his tenure unless he comes forward and clears the air re-his non-responses to prior calls

What are we missing?  Being reflective, quiet and ignoring mauvais langue is all well and good and we all have our issues from misc circumstances so his tragedies I completely empathize with and wish him nothing but the best.

But is it true what Hart has stated in public?  In which case, as Coach said, he needs to man up, call SH and explain himself
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2014, 06:40:38 PM »
(1) SH calls KD twice for national team duty and each time he does not show or respond to the calls

(2) SH is interviewed and asked about KD and makes statements to the effect that he will not represent the national team under his tenure unless he comes forward and clears the air re-his non-responses to prior calls

What are we missing?  Being reflective, quiet and ignoring mauvais langue is all well and good and we all have our issues from misc circumstances so his tragedies I completely empathize with and wish him nothing but the best.

But is it true what Hart has stated in public?  In which case, as Coach said, he needs to man up, call SH and explain himself

Ah cyah disagree, some kinda conversation should be in order ... in the national interest. :)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:04 PM »
sorry I think that ship sailed...who yuh have him replacing at this conjecture ? remember to bring him in, yuh have to leave someone out..we won't be flying in everyone and then making a best choice.
I not leaving out these guys who been coming every time called, irregardless of all that KD himself felt was wrong, and a coach who went for months under the same tata he couldn't stand..and leave out those guys for someone who might come, and might show up, if everything is allright, and the birds whistling that day.. especially, if I'm not to sure that his game will make all that much a difference...but if he want to push for a place, thru performance where he is, I won't ignore him.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 08:22:54 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 26, 2014, 09:09:25 AM »
sorry I think that ship sailed...who yuh have him replacing at this conjecture ? remember to bring him in, yuh have to leave someone out..we won't be flying in everyone and then making a best choice.
I not leaving out these guys who been coming every time called, irregardless of all that KD himself felt was wrong, and a coach who went for months under the same tata he couldn't stand ..and leave out those guys for someone who might come, and might show up, if everything is allright, and the birds whistling that day.. especially, if I'm not to sure that his game will make all that much a difference...but if he want to push for a place, thru performance where he is, I won't ignore him.

Leh we call that a conversation starter. :devil:

1]; } ?>