April 28, 2024, 01:24:55 PM

Author Topic: T&T Football Commentators & T&T Football Admin are not used to change  (Read 4856 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Listening to Vidale and crew on i95 just goes to show they are stuck in one mindset, they are unable to accept change and unlikely to support a foreign coach who rattles the players and makes them think differently and outside of the box.

This also goes for the TTFF and All Sport, the old guard that are stuck in the mid 20th century and have not adjusted with the changes in world football.

From the unprofessional radio commentary and lack of TV & internet coverage to unprofessional manner in which they market and promote football. It is a demonstration of lack of ability to change for the better.

In the professional football world you would not see commentators eating food and drinking while doing commentary of a WCQ in any footballing nation that is serious about the game and professionalism.

In order for other nations and the fans to take our football and commentary seriously, we need professionals who value our football and also value a high level of professionalism as well. Something that is lacking from commentary to the admin. Both parties being resistant to change for the  better because they will always be stuck in their old ways which has been counter productive for our football.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 02:50:19 PM by Controversial »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
Re: T&T Football Commentators & T&T Football Admin are not used to change
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 01:18:40 PM »
Listening to Vidale and crew on i95 just goes to show they are stuck in one mindset, they are unable to accept change and unlikely to support a foreign coach who rattles the players and makes them think differently and out of the box.

This also goes for the TTFF and All Sport, the old guard that are stuck in the mid 20th century and have not adjusted with the changes in world football.

From the unprofessional radio commentary and lack of TV & internet coverage to unprofessional manner in which they market and promote football. It is a demonstration of lack of ability to change for the better.

In the professional football world you would not see commentators eating food and drinking while doing commentary of a WCQ in any footballing nation that is serious about the game and professionalism.

In order for other nations and the fans to take our football and commentary seriously, we need professionals who value our football and also value a high level of professionalism as well. Something that is lacking from commentary to the admin. Both parties being resistant to change for the  better because they will always be stuck in their old ways which has been counter productive for our football.

Agreed. Entertaining but not accurate and very unprofessional been that they are the only ones broadcastign the matches so far.

I rather not have no stream than to hear them for 90+ minutes ... I will just wait till the tube highlights are shown.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 02:18:34 PM »
To hear these ole timers calling for the head of a coach, who has won all his competitive games without conceding a goal, it was downright sad. I could not believe it. Then again they've been preaching their old xenophobic idealogy for years. Harping on the fact that he's earning X-amount of $$. They expect performance and results. Lol. I've seen stylish and attractive football with flair from TnT in the past and you know what? We got no where of note with it. Don't get me wrong, Pfister has not proved anything by beating Bermuda or Bim, but in light of the fact we've missed two Gold Cups in a row, I'm content for now. Imagine one of them said Pfister should be fired forthwith. Wow.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 02:28:30 PM »
To hear these ole timers calling for the head of a coach, who has won all his competitive games without conceding a goal, it was downright sad. I could not believe it. Then again they've been preaching their old xenophobic idealogy for years. Harping on the fact that he's earning X-amount of $$. They expect performance and results. Lol. I've seen stylish and attractive football with flair from TnT in the past and you know what? We got no where of note with it. Don't get me wrong, Pfister has not proved anything by beating Bermuda or Bim, but in light of the fact we've missed two Gold Cups in a row, I'm content for now. Imagine one of them said Pfister should be fired forthwith. Wow.

and the premise in which they base their justification of firing pfister was solely on edwards switch to the left back role  >:( by the coach

they talk about professionalism, but lack every facet of it with their commentary and lack of football knowledge. that is why we have foreigners as our national coach because the local based are not ready and it has been exhibited in many forms and fashions.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 02:31:10 PM »
Listening to Vidale and crew on i95 just goes to show they are stuck in one mindset, they are unable to accept change and unlikely to support a foreign coach who rattles the players and makes them think differently and out of the box.

Agreed. Entertaining but not accurate and very unprofessional been that they are the only ones broadcastign the matches so far.

I rather not have no stream than to hear them for 90+ minutes ... I will just wait till the tube highlights are shown.

to tell you the truth boss, i did not find it the least bit entertaining, they were annoying and lacked the football knowledge you should get from a national team broadcast that people from all over the globe are listening to.

but i agree with you, show me the highlights, thats probably what they want so they can get us off their back from broadcasting the match online or on tv

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

you would never see a US commentator eating KFC and drinking rum on the job and the broadcast feed cutting in and out. locally they need to learn how things should be run, they see enough american tv, they should know how to organize and plan a commentary segment without so much unprofessional behavior by now. >:(

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 03:01:02 PM »
Yeh dem ole fellas really threw me for ah loop wid that one, but then again , thank God that they don't wheel the stick. imagine, these are the same fellas who thought that latapy deserved ah "THIRD" chance tuh do more damage tuh the team.

I said it before and i'll say it again, these old men in T&T eh have no standard, and they jealous to ah fault and disruptive no arse, cyar wait fuh dat generation to be extinct!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 03:38:46 PM »
I don't know about these trini radio talk show/political/sport/etc announcers, remember anil roberts,was on a radio show now a minister in gov't, and dale of dale an tony i heard he is paid something like  tt$200,000.xx per month,even gladiator got in on piece of the pie, amar has his own thing going, i feel the underlying driver is our budget, coming in at a wopping tt50 billion who could talk and influence people would laugh all the way to the bank.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2011, 03:40:47 PM »
Yeh dem ole fellas really threw me for ah loop wid that one, but then again , thank God that they don't wheel the stick. imagine, these are the same fellas who thought that latapy deserved ah "THIRD" chance tuh do more damage tuh the team.

I said it before and i'll say it again, these old men in T&T eh have no standard, and they jealous to ah fault and disruptive no arse, cyar wait fuh dat generation to be extinct!

vidale and crew cannot see it from a psychological perspective, they also cannot think outside the box, it is and has been a big problem in TT society and continues to be a big problem. they do not understand that pfister is defense minded and is building a strong back line for the opponents that lie ahead.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
...NOW you guys are beginning to understand Trini reality...and THAT's the proverbial tip of the iceberg...

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2011, 05:57:08 PM »
contro, just a side comment. dey have alot of fellas out there internet-casting their own commentary for games. i heard about it from meh pardnah at cbc. usually it's for people that want to watch a game but hear the commentary in another language. the fellas that do the punjabi commentary for the leafs games and the ones that do the mandarin commentary for the raptors games all started out on their own. cbc gave them contract later. just saying, if yuh want better commentary, de technology is there. just a matter of people stepping up.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 06:06:41 PM »
I thought that Vidale and company was downright horrible it was really annoying to hear some of their comments,imagine some English football fan listening to that crap they were chatting.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 06:39:58 PM »
...NOW you guys are beginning to understand Trini reality...and THAT's the proverbial tip of the iceberg...

we knew that before and since the late 90s when this site started off, that is nothing new to us, we know the mentality, thats why the discussion board is so critical, if it was top class stuff and the quality was a cut above, we would congratulate them, that is not the case.

hence my reason for arguing with you earlier in another thread, we need a re-vamp and those at home are not willing to budge despite their shortcomings that have contributed to the downfall of our football.

Offline president

• Sr. Warrior
  • ...Walk and don't look back...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
...Some of those at home Contro, SOME of those at home...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2011, 06:52:47 PM »
I don't know about these trini radio talk show/political/sport/etc announcers, remember anil roberts,was on a radio show now a minister in gov't, and dale of dale an tony i heard he is paid something like  tt$200,000.xx per month,even gladiator got in on piece of the pie, amar has his own thing going, i feel the underlying driver is our budget, coming in at a wopping tt50 billion who could talk and influence people would laugh all the way to the bank.

we all know some local base are paid huge amounts for low quality services, that is why they hold on so tight to it, because they know they do not need to provide a higher quality and they hardly ever have any competition, especially in the entertainment field. that is why so many of them are opposed to any foreign because hey would have to raise their standard or get cut out, they rather not face any competition at all.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
contro, just a side comment. dey have alot of fellas out there internet-casting their own commentary for games. i heard about it from meh pardnah at cbc. usually it's for people that want to watch a game but hear the commentary in another language. the fellas that do the punjabi commentary for the leafs games and the ones that do the mandarin commentary for the raptors games all started out on their own. cbc gave them contract later. just saying, if yuh want better commentary, de technology is there. just a matter of people stepping up.

good points but one problem, we need a live broadcast of the match either online or on tv to do that. right now we are struggling to even get a radio feed for games, far less tv coverage where a new commentary team would come into the picture.

what would need to happen first is acquiring internet rights to the games and then put together a team to do commentary on the matches. cbc is a well structured network, ttff and all sport are far from even being considered an organization.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2011, 06:59:56 PM »
...Some of those at home Contro, SOME of those at home...

I would say the majority are not willing to change, the SOME are those who are for the change.

i agree, but SOME of those my friend are the minority and hold the least amount of power, the majority are those who procrastinate and make excuses when failure happens.

the SOME you speak of need to form an alliance with the foreign based and overturn the pappy show we are now referring to as our national sports program
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 07:10:42 PM by Controversial »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
I started doing commentry for Wi Sports coverage of ProLeague last season. I also did the Mexico U23 match. Sometimes worked with Fenwick. Problem was, I had no car at the time and we weren't getting paid. In the end I asked if they could get some sponsorship so I could get a car to go to the game (I won't travel since I was robbed). That never materialised. Don't know if I was any good (what with my English view of the game) but the guys at North East liked it. I really enjoyed it!

Most of these broadcasts on terrestial stations who pay commentators are controlled and use the same people. Its hard to break in if you're not one of the boys.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2011, 07:29:35 PM »
I started doing commentry for Wi Sports coverage of ProLeague last season. I also did the Mexico U23 match. Sometimes worked with Fenwick. Problem was, I had no car at the time and we weren't getting paid. In the end I asked if they could get some sponsorship so I could get a car to go to the game (I won't travel since I was robbed). That never materialised. Don't know if I was any good (what with my English view of the game) but the guys at North East liked it. I really enjoyed it!

Most of these broadcasts on terrestial stations who pay commentators are controlled and use the same people. Its hard to break in if you're not one of the boys.

unless you acquire the internet rights and have your own commentators for the match, then it would not be so hard to break in.

it would be interesting to see you and touches do a live commentary of the match  :beermug:

of course if all the pieces were in place

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 07:49:30 PM »
we should get together and form a team.... how hard is it to do guys... the socawarriors.net web site is a success. i believe we have the talent to do it. just to figure out how to make money..

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 07:59:27 PM »
An interesting topic there Contro. What was most annoying to me is the way that they would just cut across a game to spew their views which as contro has already put it, is very warped and antiquated. In short they are the worse. I like Andre energy but he has aligned himself with the ole boys fraternity and has become their poster boy. De whole pack of them needs to go.

On a side note, living in TnT, it is not easy to break away from the mold. I was there for about 2 years recently and I got to tell you.. individualism is highly frowned upon. The herd mentality is ever-present and rocking de boat will get you ridiculed or shot. Plain talk, bad manners. It is unfortunate but i blame the elders for being the type of cronies that revel in holding onto power. there is no transition of power in TnT and anything yuh get yuh either was blessed with and then yuh still owe de system or yuh tief it and then begin your spell of oppression to keep everything else beneath you.  My goodness what a situation.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 08:05:25 PM »

trini is run on a fren an family policy an goes further to the gay lesbian community which controls media, deceased mr Keith Smith, editor at large for the express who had no problem, if you knew he was gay, being from lavantille (back road) spoke out on the true nature of trini soceity, that if the truth was to be printed the jails could not hold the real criminals that would be exposed.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
An interesting topic there Contro. What was most annoying to me is the way that they would just cut across a game to spew their views which as contro has already put it, is very warped and antiquated. In short they are the worse. I like Andre energy but he has aligned himself with the ole boys fraternity and has become their poster boy. De whole pack of them needs to go.

On a side note, living in TnT, it is not easy to break away from the mold. I was there for about 2 years recently and I got to tell you.. individualism is highly frowned upon. The herd mentality is ever-present and rocking de boat will get you ridiculed or shot. Plain talk, bad manners. It is unfortunate but i blame the elders for being the type of cronies that revel in holding onto power. there is no transition of power in TnT and anything yuh get yuh either was blessed with and then yuh still owe de system or yuh tief it and then begin your spell of oppression to keep everything else beneath you.  My goodness what a situation.

excellent post  :beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2011, 08:52:24 PM »
we should get together and form a team.... how hard is it to do guys... the socawarriors.net web site is a success. i believe we have the talent to do it. just to figure out how to make money..

its not hard at all but you have to have the license to broadcast games and JDI which negotiates media rights for the CFU are in control of the tv rights, however the internet rights may be open, that is still to be determined.

if internet rights open up, it will be easier to do a webcast and have commentators at the match or in a location in TT commentating on the game live.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 09:12:13 PM »

a major reason why so many have left for north america and the UK, it would be interesting to see the stats on how many nationals leave the nation and become ex-pats for the same reasons you listed in your post.

it is also strange that the government have never even considered a repatriation program to bring back the nationals that have left to reside elsewhere. I would presume that the reason is exactly what you described, the elders and others don't want the competition and foreign based coming back home to reside would present problems for the order of things currently.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 09:17:04 PM »
what about the station bosses calling back the same men to do the games ??.. they have them number on speed dial...no standards for them also

FS.. i heard some of your TV work and enjoyed it....
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 09:26:34 PM »
what about the station bosses calling back the same men to do the games ??.. they have them number on speed dial...no standards for them also

:beermug:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 09:34:15 PM »

the station bosses can't budge without the ttff and all sport giving approval, so the station bosses are at their mercy.

all sport and the ttff are the reason why we are not seeing the games, but that doesn't save the commentators from a lack of professionalism

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 09:41:47 PM »
"individualism is highly frowned upon."

D.E. you're so right. As we know, the majority of wealth (and, thereby, power) resides with a small minority. Even the big businessmen's sons who now run companys still have to revert back to Daddy before making big decisions.

I've said this before, but the only style of management in T&T is dictatorial. The boss micro manages everything and never delegates. Junior managers are afraid to make decisions. Workers bypass the management structure when they need something. It took me 12 months, but I learnt that dealing with a brand manager is pointless. Even dealing with an M.D. is a waste of time, as that M.D. reports back to a parent company. I see people earning $30-$40k per month unable to make a decision on a $20k sponsorship.

This situation stifles creativity and personal development and means we settle for mundane.

I saw today news reports of Kamla and Sandy launching a new anti crime project called Make Life Important. It was a big press launch.....but I don't know what it is, who is running it, how much it costs, what its aims are or when and where it will operate.

Already, its started badly as no one understands it. What happened to the mentor scheme launched by Colin Powell? How much has that cost? Who is running it? Where are the weekly or monthly updates? Where are the press releases and success stories?

These programs are badly conceived with no targets set, no measurement facility in place. They are jobs for the boys. These people are probably earning over $20k per month and achieve nothing. Its time there was accountability in these government projects and N.G.O.s.

Sorry for running off subject here!  

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
dem guys is idiots plain and simple and to think that they are still involved in the game is only a detriment to TnT. They don't see the problem as being in themselves, as they have a hand in developing players. How many times have we seen a left footed player play on the right? Listening to the first game not once did they ever view it from a coaches perspective. Rather than ask what is Pfister hoping to achieve tactically or psychologically they sit and criticize only from a technical standpoint.

1]; } ?>