April 23, 2024, 10:51:49 AM

Author Topic: Pro League set for another delay  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League set for another delay
« on: August 23, 2011, 04:37:30 AM »
Pro League set for another delay
T&T Guardian

The T&T Pro League board of directors headed by chairman Larry Romany is expected to make a final decision on whether to postpone the start of the Digicel Pro League due to the limited state of emergency imposed on a number of crime hotspots throughout T&T by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Contacted yesterday to give an update on the 2011/2012 season of the league which was set to kick off with a double-header at Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo Skeene said, the board of directors may not have another choice but to delay the start of the season due to the latest developments in the country. Last year’s league winners’ Defence Force was due to face newcomers, T&TEC in the feature match from 8 pm while two hours earlier, 2010 runner-up Caledonia AIA was scheduled to meet former champions, W Connection.

But with the Defence Force members set for national duty during the period of the state of emergency, the league opening is set to be postponed. Saturday’s encounter in the eight-team league between Adams’ Construction San Juan Jabloteh and DirecTV North East Stars is also expected to be called off with a new starting date set for September 9. The bmobile National Super League organisers All Sports Promotions Limited has also been forced to postpone Defence Force fifth to sixth place semifinal clash against St Francois Nationals which was carded for Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo Training Field, tomorrow.

According to a release from All Sports Promotions Limited yesterday, this was due to the state of emergency which involves the Defence Force staff.

The other fifth to sixth place semifinal between 1976 Phoenix and West Side Super Starz at Canaan, Bon Accord Ground has also been rescheduled due to the unavailability of proper flight arrangements to Tobago. However, the main draw semifinal matches will go ahead with Stokely Vale facing Club Sando at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella from 4 pm and WASA hosting bmobile Joe Public at WASA Ground, St Joseph, also from 4 pm.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Pro League set for another delay
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 05:04:57 AM »
Well, there goes two months of preperation! I feel for Defence Force maybe not being able to train for two weeks before season starts.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
Well, there goes two months of preperation! I feel for Defence Force maybe not being able to train for two weeks before season starts.
      I wonder if this affects Police too?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Digicel Pro League kickoff postponed by State of Emergency
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 04:37:37 AM »
Digicel Pro League kickoff postponed by State of Emergency
ttproleague.com

The 2011-2012 Digicel Pro League Championship will now begin on Friday 9 September at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and not the previously stated Friday 26 August date.

The shift in kickoff dates was an outcome of the present limited state of emergency implemented by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago in six crime “hotspot” areas in north, east, south and central Trinidad in a bid to clamp down on criminal elements.

The “hotspot” areas are the City of Port of Spain, the City of San Fernando, the Borough of Arima, the Borough of Chaguanas, the San Juan/Laventille Regional Corporation and the Diego Martin Regional Corporation.

A 9pm to 5am curfew is in force, beginning last Sunday which puts the Ministry of National Security into action—hence TT Pro League clubs Defence Force FC and Police FC players were summoned to duty.

Further to that, it is the clear view of the League that the support of football matches will be directly affected even if the matches were scheduled to earlier times and not the regular 6pm to 10pm period.

TT Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene stated: “It would be difficult in many instances for players, coaches and spectators to get home before 9pm even if we played the matches earlier.”

He further added, “Taking all of the circumstances into consideration and in the national interest, we thought that it would be prudent to postpone the start of the 2011-2012 season to Friday 9th September.”

“The TT Pro League sees itself as part of the solution to give youths a positive avenue to develop their abilities and as such will do everything in its power to assist in reducing the level of impact crime has on our country and this is even more reason for us focus on sport to help curb crime,” Skeene continued.

“It is also important to understand what the League is doing for over 3,000 persons, mostly youths, which include residents of crime hotspots, in giving them a way of life other than crime,” Skeene ended.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
it seem obvious to me that the footballers should not be involved in the state of emergency.
Why cant they excuse these men let them play the game and then go and play soldier the next day.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 01:06:24 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6Z4JEdIVvvk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6Z4JEdIVvvk</a>

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 01:22:36 PM »
it seem obvious to me that the footballers should not be involved in the state of emergency.
Why cant they excuse these men let them play the game and then go and play soldier the next day.

You kidding me,you want to put Football before the security and safety of the people of your country?i have experienced this first hand because i was there in the 1970 Black power uprising,is the same thing happened with us,it's not possible to do all these tasks during the day/night and play Football,your mental and physical state of mind will not allow it.
      Breds those guys don't play soldier,they are for real  :rotfl:

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 02:44:27 PM »
1:48 Me and morvantman takin in d game in d 3rd row

we bess dey

woman free on a friday kids free on a saturday
cya go wrong
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 02:56:38 PM »
i see meh 1:48 ;D :wavetowel:

and not i dragging the misses every friday with meh ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:45:45 PM »
1:48 Me and morvantman takin in d game in d 3rd row

And yuh ent even have on ah Cale jersey self?

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 06:31:47 AM »
lol he wearing a trinidad jersey

da trumps all others
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ9Zsvx5mX4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vQ9Zsvx5mX4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ugC060jFPaM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ugC060jFPaM</a>

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2011, 07:30:34 PM »
Good to see some marketing going on. I like the "super Fridays just got cooler" line.

1]; } ?>