April 18, 2024, 09:37:36 PM

Author Topic: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore  (Read 28684 times)

Offline CK1

• Sr. Warrior
  • Man of Faith and Integrity
    • View Profile
Re: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 10:47:52 AM »
In my honest opinion Wendell's son did the right thing in playing for the US at this point. TT football has to have it's house in order. Yes we use foreign born players, but on a vay-ki-vay basis. I don't know how they go about looking at foreign born players. We have Cameron Roget, how did this come about. But there is Deleon, Moore, Ranjitsigh fella from Canada. There is also a kid with Tobago parents from Maryland who is in Germany, Shaquille Phillips. And there are some we don't even know about. Right now we take almost all the foreign born girls because we lack good local girls who have experience. But if our local girls improve, we probably will use less and less foreign-born.

One thing is, we not seeing some of these foreign born regularly. Is mostly video tapes and snippets from youth and college games. I just happen to looking for a game on fox and saw the Big East with young Deleon. I think he is one we should pursue. I just feel Dilly son should play for TT. Just like if Latas or Dwight sons should do the same. But it don't always work out that way.  The foreign-born then have to come home and try out. It hard for yutes from Erin,Moruga, Bago to come to Ttini to tryout. What allyuh expect from  kids from LA, TO, Chicago, etc?
Add the two brothers from Raleigh,NC to the list (names not to be released yet), one already in US u-15 pool, the other 9 and at a very high standard already. T&T needs a US based training program where these players could be brought in several times a year to train under US based Trini coaches.
Jesus Christ...King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
What's the benefits to playing for T&T?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 01:38:56 PM »
What's the benefits to playing for T&T?

Fans like us will love & worship him and the stadiums at home will be filled with adoring fans with female posters like Brownsugar throw their knickers at him?!  :-\
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:41:11 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
US U17
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 08:10:43 PM »
The captain of the US U17 team is none other than the son of T&T's own Wendell Moore.

He looks a very good player, composed, defends well & makes good decisions in possession.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
Re: US U17
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 08:42:34 PM »
Nephew of mine  :) He's done very well.

Reppin for the Goddard-Moore clan :)

T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 05:17:38 AM »
Moore is ranked #1 on top draw soccer players list ... Richard is tnt in his plans?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Richard G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Ah en new...jus doh post as often as oda people
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 11:12:43 AM »
Highly unlikely. I haven't chatted with him concerning playing for T&T but let's be honest. Why would he venture into the unknown and very complicated world of T&T football when there's a certain amount of stability in US soccer? Can't see it happening to be honest.

Blessings and enjoy the day.
Richard G.
T&T first. Any other country comes a very distant 2nd.

www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg2
www.soundcloud.com/dcoachg3

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2013, 11:43:41 PM »
This yuteman is class. Just watching him against Honduras from the qualifiers. The man understanding of his position is brilliant. Technically advanced and has very, very, very good timing in going forward. His speed is real.

Honestly I haven't seen a Fullback on our senior team for a while with this fella qualities......matter of fact he look like he could give Catillo some good competition for a fullback position on the USMNT.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »
This yuteman is class. Just watching him against Honduras from the qualifiers. The man understanding of his position is brilliant. Technically advanced and has very, very, very good timing in going forward. His speed is real.

Honestly I haven't seen a Fullback on our senior team for a while with this fella qualities......matter of fact he look like he could give Catillo some good competition for a fullback position on the USMNT.

elan why yuh ha to come and try to spoil my morning :)

As everybody on here know (and probably fedup wid me?) this is ah man we REJECTED and mere months later he went on to CAPTAIN (!!!!) the USA US-17 (or one ah dem team)!!!!

So everytime I see did dis youth play, apart from admiring his poise/touch/skill/man everything man (!!!!) it just irks me that we allowed him to escape >:(

But yeah he is absolute class!!!!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2013, 07:16:58 AM »

elan why yuh ha to come and try to spoil my morning :)

As everybody on here know (and probably fedup wid me?) this is ah man we REJECTED and mere months later he went on to CAPTAIN (!!!!) the USA US-17 (or one ah dem team)!!!!

So everytime I see did dis youth play, apart from admiring his poise/touch/skill/man everything man (!!!!) it just irks me that we allowed him to escape >:(

But yeah he is absolute class!!!!!
From my information we did not reject this player.....it was his older brother who was trying out for the U20 team. Shaquell was always going to play for the US Team.

In addition to this, he played in a training scrimage in Tobago, along side my son who was at the time training with the U17 team and i can tell you that i saw nothing special in him. Coaching, and playing in a better team is what made the difference.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2013, 03:53:50 PM »
Thanks for the correction i was going on what has been repeatedly relay on de forum.

I also respect your opinion that coaching and a better team (probably) made the difference...but not because YOU didn't see nothing special in him doesn't mean that he wasn't special back then, unless you see him play when he was like 13/14? Just saying.

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2013, 06:14:07 PM »
He was rejected from the TnT u17 team  that is a fact. the coach said he was too small and not on par with the other players, keep in mind he was about 14 at the time. Nothing wrong with that  every coach is entitled to his opinion but that is what happened.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2013, 08:45:43 PM »
He was rejected from the TnT u17 team  that is a fact. the coach said he was too small and not on par with the other players, keep in mind he was about 14 at the time. Nothing wrong with that  every coach is entitled to his opinion but that is what happened.
Yuh see dais I will stay being diplomatic and try not to sound like a know-it-all on dis forum, cause de minute yuh come on here and say something with yuh chest in air, here comes a forumite who might actually know different/or the truth about a situation...I learn dat from being on here on these years.

Seriously though ah doh know who to believe now :)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2013, 10:50:00 PM »
Thanks for the correction i was going on what has been repeatedly relay on de forum.

I also respect your opinion that coaching and a better team (probably) made the difference...but not because YOU didn't see nothing special in him doesn't mean that he wasn't special back then, unless you see him play when he was like 13/14? Just saying.
Saw him play in December.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2013, 08:57:28 AM »

Saw him play in December.
Rastaman I does really, really try to keep away from doing de personal back and forth thing with peeps on here but dred...you see him play in December and he eh impress you at all??

Ok I guess everyone entitled to their opinion, but every time I have I have seen him he has impressed the hell out of me, so much so that I get why he has been given the captaincy of the US team...but maybe he had an off day when you saw him bredda.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2013, 10:24:15 AM »
I am almost Shaq decision to play for the US had imput from his dad. Shaq is not the first Moore to deal with TT football. He dad played for TT and has plenty of stories to tell his son of his "wonderful" experience with the TTFA. Give it a rest, we probably was never going to get him anyway. Leh we just enjoy the ride.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2013, 03:32:52 PM »
How yuh mean give it ah rest??

Is not like I expect him to turn tail and play for we, my thing is-and has always been-how come he can impress me and others who matter and not have impressed de clowns who pass themselves off as coaches et al in we football.

But I will take heed to your somewhat condescending advice and give it a rest.

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2013, 09:51:45 AM »
Shaquell is currently in Germany undergoing trials with pro teams:

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=show&id=10448
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2013, 10:39:13 AM »
Shaquell is currently in Germany undergoing trials with pro teams:

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=show&id=10448

Zeppo doh get in dis nah, we in TnT have enough quality defenders so if one happen to fall in we lap and get rejected it's really no biggie;) Oh and if he doesn't 'impress' anyone at any of those German clubs, there's always Viet Nam or Cambodia? Ok that was uncalled for.

Ok I officially 'giving it ah rest' from now!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2013, 05:01:51 PM »
Shaquell Moore has been named as a finalist for the 2013 US Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year Award.
http://www.ussoccer.com/About/History/Awards/2013-Young-Male-Athlete-of-the-Year-Finalists.aspx

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
Shaquell Moore has been named as a finalist for the 2013 US Soccer Young Male Athlete of the Year Award.
http://www.ussoccer.com/About/History/Awards/2013-Young-Male-Athlete-of-the-Year-Finalists.aspx

I have nothing to say ;)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2013, 07:31:58 PM »

Let we wait until he ready to get cap for the us national team before we get excited and put we name in the hat.

Only 10% of youth players make it to the senior team so who knows how good he will be

What happen to that other youth maung or what ever his name was..........

On another note....Tallman you getting old man the grays showing.....lol

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2013, 08:17:47 PM »
On another note....Tallman you getting old man the grays showing.....lol

Yeh boy, mankind getting old in dis rongs.

Offline loyalist

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2013, 10:15:48 PM »
I completed and passed my USSF National C License this summer, and Shaquille Moore was the main player discussed. We had to do a technical study on the US vs Guatemala in the u17  world cup qualifiers which was held in Panama. Trust me the way he is being touted by the US, I cant see him playing for another country, he was the captain of the US u17 team and he was named as their best player on that team during the tournament.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2013, 02:28:23 AM »
There is a lot of Trinidadian player who didn't play at a high level but they are very good. We live in the US and we never look back for a simple fact that Trinidad and tobago don't have any foundation of building a good soccer or football program. They are very small mind.  i hope it change soon. There are a lot of ex players have there son playing at a high level. Trinidad needs to invest and show interest for these players

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2013, 05:59:02 AM »
I completed and passed my USSF National C License this summer, and Shaquille Moore was the main player discussed. We had to do a technical study on the US vs Guatemala in the u17  world cup qualifiers which was held in Panama. Trust me the way he is being touted by the US, I cant see him playing for another country, he was the captain of the US u17 team and he was named as their best player on that team during the tournament.

:applause:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2013, 04:56:40 PM »
Once yuh know football, yuh coulda see dis youth, 3 (ok, ok, 2 1/2) years ago and know he is ah baller!!!

Why ah say 3 years is cause, when yuh see him play NOW, yuh done know he eh get so good in 3 years time, he had to have had that potential for those with a discerning eye to see ;)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2013, 11:28:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/H_oTCcHL5Bk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/H_oTCcHL5Bk</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
US teen star dreams of Manchester City move
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
US teen star dreams of Manchester City move
By Eurosport

US junior national team star Shaquell Moore is dreaming of playing for Manchester City but accepts he may have to start somewhere else first.

Moore, who is just 17 but turns out for his country’s under-20 side already, has turned heads in Europe with his fine performances both for the national team and at the IMG Academy in Florida.

The highly-rated midfielder is set to skip the traditional College soccer route into the professional game, and wants to earn a move to a European club as soon as possible.

He told Eurosport's Reda Maher:
“My dream team is Manchester City but I’ll probably have to start up somewhere else. The idea is Europe – England, Italy, Spain, Belgium or another European league.

“England may be tough initially because of work permit regulations, but Spain would be amazing, whether at a big club’s academy or a smaller team’s first team set-up.”

American sports has a culture peculiar to the country in that, traditionally, athletes of all sports are selected via the college draft system.

As a result, most MLS clubs do not have a comparable level of youth coaching facilities to their European counterparts.

This is where the IMG academy steps in, offering high-quality training for US athletes of senior high school age while allowing them to continue their education.

Some of its graduates continue through the College system, but Moore is eyeing a swift transition to club football, a transition which he hopes will see him earn senior national team colours for the United States and not Trinidad and Tobago, for whom he is also eligible.

He added:
“I want to go straight into the pro system, so IMG is the best place for me to maximise my talent.

“Three years ago I tried out for the Trinidad U15 team, getting ready for the World Cup cycle for this year.

“But that didn’t work out so I became involved with the US and joined the residency programme (where U16 and U17 prospects are coached full-time at IMG).

“I’m not really sure why it didn’t work out for Trinidad, it’s up to the coach, but there are no hard feelings.

“I’m still eligible if it doesn’t work out with the US. I’m not going to rule them out because of what happened at youth national.”

Moore’s dual eligibility comes from his father Wendell, who played for the Trinidad and Tobago national team.

There is no familial pressure to turn out for the Soca Warriors, though.

“My dad has completely left it up to me. I was born and raised in the US so (playing for the US) has always been a dream for me – but my dad played for TT so it’s in his heart.

“My brother also played for the TT U20 system – he’s in the College system now – so my dad is leaving it up to us.”

In addition to his pace, touch and reading of the game, Moore is also hugely versatile, able to play in a number of positions across the back and midfield.

His long-term hope is to cement his career in a role that many European clubs struggle to fill – the anchorman.

“My preferred position is defensive midfield, as I am able to both win and distribute the ball. I can also play as a full-back, as I enjoy overlapping and joining up with the attacks.

“I’m currently am playing right back for U20s, but I’m happy to play anywhere to help the team and improve my game.”

Indeed, you can watch his performances in an unfamiliar position, and make your own mind up about his potential. For now, things are looking good for Shaquell Moore.

1]; } ?>