March 28, 2024, 04:27:06 PM

Author Topic: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore  (Read 28474 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Mooreis
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »
Look all of allyuh hear  to dissing  the association because the man playing for Levante. You win some and you lose some. Allyuh know I eh no mouth piece for the TTFA. At the youth level, is a hit or miss with young players. And seeing the ineptitude of the football association, many good players are discarded. Look how many good local players dropped out because of the short comings of the TTFA. Shaq good where he is right now. He don't have to deal with a cash-trapped TTFA. Can't get warm-up games,etc.  He will just be wasting his time. Ask his father how "wonderful" it was when he played for TT. I for one is happy for the yute. He getting to do what I  or any of us dream about doing when we were his age. We just were not good enough. We have plenty yute in TT who could achieve. But all parties involve in football have to be in sync. Is the same old thing. Why would he want to be in that?

Disagree. Key indicators suggest otherwise.

One has to know what one is looking for in the longer term scheme of things. In this regard it's better to discard one's preferences or emphases and work with the items that reflect/bring out the dimension and quality of the player. Some of the things you won't and can't see directly, but you have to realize that they are like transferable skills (perhaps not directly identifiable as relevant, but they can get the job done).

If you were to see footage of Danny Wellbeck at 7 and compare it with him executing at 19 (which I was shown), you would see a clear path to his pro future. The same for Rashford (which I was shown).

In his year group at United, there was one player in the cohort who was considered superior to Rashford but that player quit football at ~ 15 or 16. There might have been intangibles with that player but there were "tangibles" with Rashford that were already evident when he was in the youth ranks. Of course its easy to assert all of this in retrospect, but when one watches the footage it is as plain as day.

There was a session with van Nistelrooy working with Wellbeck's cohort and VN asked the players to execute an intricate movement involving both feet. Wellback wasn't able to execute it first time, but you could see that he was close to pulling it off. (The other players had struggled and failed). Wellbeck asked to do it again and pulled it off. In the next video clip, many years later, Welbeck scores a goal in an England shirt executing the same action. None of the other players sought to do it twice and Wellbeck is said to have been very comfortable with VN rather than in awe of him.

In the case of U-17 WC selection, the NT decision-makers had certain qualities in mind. It seems that the coaching staff imposed a relatively higher valuation on physical strength (we tend to value this in our playing culture) than others might have. The Japanese might have come to a different conclusion (but to to be fair this is also influenced by playing position).

EDIT: new content added primarily in the second-to-last and third-to-last paragraphs and here and there.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:26:07 AM by asylumseeker »

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football alert — watch for Shaquell Moore
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2017, 10:38:18 PM »
Look all of allyuh hear  to dissing  the association because the man playing for Levante. You win some and you lose some. Allyuh know I eh no mouth piece for the TTFA. At the youth level, is a hit or miss with young players. And seeing the ineptitude of the football association, many good players are discarded. Look how many good local players dropped out because of the short comings of the TTFA. Shaq good where he is right now. He don't have to deal with a cash-trapped TTFA. Can't get warm-up games,etc.  He will just be wasting his time. Ask his father how "wonderful" it was when he played for TT. I for one is happy for the yute. He getting to do what I  or any of us dream about doing when we were his age. We just were not good enough. We have plenty yute in TT who could achieve. But all parties involve in football have to be in sync. Is the same old thing. Why would he want to be in that?
I'm not saying he should play for T&T and I'm not even saying he should've made the youth team at that time but I do feel like we assess and evaluate youth players inappropriately. I feel like we don't focus on the long term potential in regards to players capabilities. We disregarded the player for whatever reason and the US capitalized because the saw differently (they have a higher number of players to evaluate) and look at where he's at today.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2017, 11:38:59 PM »
Who was/were the player(s) who made the U-17 NT in Shaq Moore's position, and what is he/are they doing now (other than watching him on TV?)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:03:33 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 01, 2017, 08:16:23 AM »
but I do feel like we assess and evaluate youth players inappropriately. I feel like we don't focus on the long term potential in regards to players capabilities. We disregarded the player for whatever reason and the US capitalized because the saw differently (they have a higher number of players to evaluate) and look at where he's at today.

I agree that there are shortcomings with the association when in comes to assessment and evaluation of youth players in TT. It is disengnuous to to say they don't focus on long term potential. Like their American, South American and Euro counterparts, they have it all writtrn down on paper. The difference is, our association are unable to follow thru with these "well designed" plans because of financial contraints, plus a serious dose of ineptitude and favoritism.

Meanwhile the US have all the moneys to run their programs. Our U-17 women just had a "thankgiving" camp and played two games against JA. They moving in the right direction. But is that enough?  I don't think so. Hart was here for over two years. He had all the know how etc. He was always, always hampered by TTFA lack of funding. When everything appeared to going inorder, in comes DJW with his plans. He runs a youth program also. By TT standard, think he has had some success. The only thing is, his program is geared for his club, not necessarily TT national team.

If you guys were the coaches at the time, you all would have been faced with the same dilema as Shawn Cooper. His assessment that Shaq was not physically ready at the time may have been incorrect. But he was limited by TTFA constrainst. Now could he have said, "well Shaq, we need for you to go to the weight room because we feel it will help in the long, etc". Maybe. I don't know.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2017, 09:29:06 AM »
I was around this team at the time and I can vouch for the coach......AT THAT TIME he could not make the team. What has happened since is due significantly to the fact that he was in a better development program since then. Take any school boy from Trinidad and Tobago and put them in the development program that he was exposed to and the results would be the same.

Remember that this is the same coach and team that harnessed and developed the skill of Levi Garcia......look where he is now.

De ting is, Shaq was trying out for de T&T U-15 team. He was called up to the USA U-17 team in 2011. He was the captain of the USA squad at the 2013 CONCACAF Championship. The same T&T squad he got rejected from, was also at that tournament.

Let's say for argument sake he had a terrible tryout, yuh mean tuh say dey couldn't leave de doors or keep tabs on him? At that age, Shaq was already known in the US circles. It wasn't just somebody appearing out of nowhere. His father is Trini, one of his developmental coaches is Trini. There could and should have been communication.
He was already on the USA Team radar but decided to tryout with TnT....... I will keep saying from personal knowledge that AT THAT TIME and the players that we had ..........he was not better. When he went back to the US he just fell went back into their system and continued his development.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 01, 2017, 09:32:18 AM »
I'm not saying he should play for T&T and I'm not even saying he should've made the youth team at that time but I do feel like we assess and evaluate youth players inappropriately. I feel like we don't focus on the long term potential in regards to players capabilities. We disregarded the player for whatever reason and the US capitalized because the saw differently (they have a higher number of players to evaluate) and look at where he's at today.
And they have the resources to evaluate and develop that high number..... we don't

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 01, 2017, 11:11:24 AM »
And they have the resources to evaluate and develop that high number..... we don't

Whether high or low, we should have the resources to develop OUR number, whatever it is.

AND, I'm not totally buying the financial restraint argument, because we don't do basic tracking and monitoring of players well. We are firmly in a model of subjective analysis (feelings, opinions, nah boi me eh like he) when some tools for objective analysis (measure something!) would not cost much or anything other than innovatively compiling data.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2017, 03:04:55 PM »
In my opinion, it is a joke that he was not considered better than what he had.
Something went wrong.

Cooper's remarks are telling. Physically he wasn't ready. We still stuck in the past
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2017, 03:59:10 PM »
So if the US is so great about analysis and evaluation, why the hell they struggled in just completed Hex? They have this big pool of players. They had a big time WC coach. Why did they not put Shaq to play right back instead of the Gonzales who score the own goal? After that loss, the US media and "poondits", where going beserk on tv. Taylor Twellman, Lalas were call for blood. The US development needs revamping, too much pay for play, etc. They called for the Sunil Gulati's head. This man guided the US thru thick and thin for over 25 years. The US was qualifying for previous WC all this time. The US football fed has a surplus of cash that the TT govt could only wet-dream about.

I am not  making any excuses for TTFA developmental process. It needs massive improvement. But to jump on Cooper, and say he  just another one of them "know nothing" local coaches is disingenuous. The local coaches have to deal with all the crap for little or NO money. I am amazed that we can still produce guys like, Garcia, Gomez, Winchester, Molino, JJ and some who plying their trade overseas. Go talk to Grosvenor(present QRC coach), Mike Grayson(Trinity East), Hayden Martin(Fatima U-14, U-16). Let them tell you the crap they does have to deal with. Do local coaches need to improve? A big FAT YES! Absolutely.

I glad for Shaq. We could not have prepared him for his current sojourn in Spain. He went back to the US development system which is currently better than ours. He fit in quite comfortable. The verdict is still out. Let's see how the US proceed with their new plan and how he fits in it. What is TT's plan? We don't know. We not wasting a breath on it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 05:09:55 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2017, 06:01:42 PM »
He was in action again tonight versus Málaga.

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 01, 2017, 06:30:24 PM »
He was in action again tonight versus Málaga.

Levante 0 vs Malaga 0. Played the full 90.
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2017, 05:42:31 AM »
Shaq Moore signs contract extension with Levante through 2020.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2017, 07:27:55 AM »

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

... with the option/possibility on top of that of taking it to 2022 (which on paper makes him the only player in the squad with contractual obligations extending/possibly extending to 2022). A handful of players have obligations touching 2021. Two others have unilateral considerations that may touch 2022.

However, having received his chance due to significant injuries to players presumably ahead of him in the depth chart, he will have to defend his starting spot with ah strong "mental" because Levante has been looking at bringing in Coke Andujar from Schalke. But, Andujar has been seeing marginal minutes in the Bundesliga.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:31:03 AM by asylumseeker »

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:09 PM »

Congrats, tremendous accomplishment :beermug:

Offline RichGFootball

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2018, 09:08:31 AM »
Levante vs Barcelona @ 11:15 TT time (10:15 EST)

Shaq Moore starting at right wing back
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »
Had a phenomenal Game, though they (perhaps expectedly)  lost he was very impressive, brought out the best in Ter Stegen
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2018, 11:38:25 PM »
Good to see de son of a Soca Warrior makin it big even though he reppin for de USA. Dat says a lot fuh how dese Soca Warriors feel about T+T.

I thought dis site was fuh die hards and patriots and de people who will give everyting fuh Trinidad and Tobago football .

Anyway big up Shaq Moore maybe one ah  dese days he might wear de red white and black.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2018, 02:03:27 AM »
"I thought dis site was fuh ..."

ahhmm.. can't find the toilet paper emoji, and don't know how to put the White Cloud image..

Anyways..Go Shaq Moore Go.   :wavetowel:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Levante's Moore hopes Spanish experience lands him U.S. debut
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2018, 06:12:35 AM »
Levante's Moore hopes Spanish experience lands him U.S. debut
By Richard Martin (Reuters)

Levante full back Shaquell Moore took the daunting step to move from the United States to Spain on his own aged 17 and while the journey has not been without its pitfalls, the gamble is slowly paying off.

After three years toiling in the lower leagues, Moore became only the fourth American to play in La Liga after Kasey Keller, Jozy Altidore and Oguchi Onyewu and this month found himself facing Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez when Levante visited Barcelona.

The runaway league leaders won 3-0 but struggling Levante and Moore put up an admirable fight.

"It was a dream come true playing against Barcelona in the Nou Camp against the best players in the world, it's an experience I'll never forget and something I'll cherish for the rest of my life," Moore told Reuters.

The 21-year-old, known as "Shaq", was used to playing to crowds of around 100 people in the Tercera Division and was suddenly thrown into the 99,000 capacity Nou Camp against the best players in the world.

"It's definitely a big difference, just the atmosphere being in the Nou Camp, the fans there are crazy, it's a very hostile environment, but playing against Messi and Suarez, these guys are the best players in the world so it was definitely a learning experience," he said.

Moore came agonisingly close to stamping his name on the game when the ball fell his way in the Barcelona area in the second half when the score was 2-0, but he was denied a first Liga goal by towering German goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen.

"I didn’t really sleep well after that," he said.

"I was just thinking if I would have scored that things would be a lot different but everything happens for a reason and hopefully next time I'll put it away."

Moore grew up in the town of Powder Springs, Georgia in an environment where soccer was a minority sport but as his father Wendell was a former professional, playing internationally for Trinidad and Tobago, he spent his Saturday mornings as a child watching La Liga and the Premier League.

PRESTIGIOUS ACADEMY

His favourite players were Ronaldinho, Messi, Dani Alves and Yaya Toure and he supported Manchester City after spending two weeks on trial with the Premier League club.

Moore was eventually picked by the U.S. national team's youth set-up, which took him to the prestigious IMG sports academy in Florida where the likes of tennis players Serena Williams, Andre Agassi and footballers Landon Donovan and Altidore had thrived.

He was soon snapped up by Major League Soccer side FC Dallas but he did not spend long there, deciding to try his luck across the Atlantic on Spain's east coast.

"You go through a lot of emotions, thinking should I go or not? You have to leave home but from a young age, but I knew I wanted to play in Europe at some stage so I figured the earlier the better," Moore said.

His main obstacle to settling in was getting to grips with the Spanish language, which he has since mastered.

"Anywhere you go that’s the hardest thing to pick up because if you can't communicate with anyone it can be a bit difficult but once I learned that everything came smooth," he said.

Just as Moore was settling down at third-tier Huracan Valencia the club were kicked out of the league for financial irregularities, leaving him stranded. He escaped to Real Oviedo’s reserve side, returning to Valencia six months later to sign for Levante.

FAMOUS EXPORT

Moore is one of a minority of Americans to play in Europe, along with Stoke City’s Geoff Cameron, Fulham’s Tim Ream, Newcastle United’s Deandre Ledlin and Borussia Dortmund winger Christian Pulisic.

"He (Pulisic) is the example everyone’s following (showing people) it’s possible you can make that jump. I’m definitely proud of him, definitely supporting him and hopefully he can keep on going," Moore said.

Moore knew Pulisic from the U.S. team's youth set-up and after captaining his country at Under-17 level and playing at the Under-20 World Cup, his next goal is to make his full international debut.

With opponents like Messi, Suarez, Antoine Griezmann and Cristiano Ronaldo, it is hard to think of a better place for Moore to keep learning.

"Sooner or later it will come but I've just got to be patient, keep on working and keep on focusing on getting better every day. Playing in one of the best leagues in the world always gives you the opportunity to rise," he said.

"I'm just trying to get better in all the aspects of my game. Being in the best league in the world and playing against top players always helps."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 03, 2018, 03:11:21 PM »
Shaq left off today’s game against Real. Don’t know why. Don’t know if he is injured or not. 1-1 is the score. Levantine fighting to the end.

By the way, a Ray Hudson quotei in this game: “ aye ..... he got away from his man like toilet paper Leaving the roll”.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 07:06:18 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 03, 2018, 03:21:01 PM »
Well ...... to good to be true Real 2-1.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2018, 03:30:03 PM »
2-2

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2018, 03:37:53 PM »
Final 2-2. Navas "saved" Real.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2018, 01:31:58 PM »
Shaq left off today’s game against Real. Don’t know why. Don’t know if he is injured or not. 1-1 is the score. Levantine fighting to the end.

By the way, a Ray Hudson quotei in this game: “ aye ..... he got away from his man like toilet paper Leaving the roll”.

Based on how the team trained in the lead-up to the match, the decision appears to be based on tactical preference.

Coke is on loan from Schalke with the expectation of getting game time he was not getting in Germany. He was an influential player when he was at Sevilla. Big derby next week Sunday. Every player will want a part of that.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2018, 02:25:40 PM »
I knew he was playing due to the main RB being injured, I think the player is back in the lineup now. I watched that Real game yesterday and it looks like they've lost their mojo this season.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2018, 02:56:48 PM »
it looks like they've lost their mojo this season.

Them Madrid fans doh want to hear that. As far as they are concern, this season is a failure so far. Spoiled brats. They really doh know what is guava season,

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2018, 06:00:35 PM »
I knew he was playing due to the main RB being injured, I think the player is back in the lineup now. I watched that Real game yesterday and it looks like they've lost their mojo this season.

Two different players. The Schalke player started yesterday. Played the preceding match also. The injured player hasn't played a La Liga match since mid-December.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2018, 10:19:09 PM »

Two different players. The Schalke player started yesterday. Played the preceding match also. The injured player hasn't played a La Liga match since mid-December.
:beermug:

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2018, 11:04:46 PM »
https://www.football-espana.net/69798/moore-learning-coke

United States Under-20 full-back Shaquell Moore believes he has improved a lot at Levante and has learnt a lot from new signing Coke.

His new teammates, signed from Schalke in January, won three Europa League titles with Sevilla while 20-year-old Moore has acted as his understudy.

“I have built up a good relationship with Coke,” Moore told an interview with Marca.

“It is important to have players like him coming in as it is vital for me to learn from those sorts of players who have achieved so much and won a lot, I have learned a lot from him.

“Everything here has been a whirlwind…to play against Messi was incredible, but I must focus on improving as a player.

“There was an option for me to leave on loan but it was agreed from everyone that I stay here, that I make the most of my minutes on the pitch and my time in training.

“I am only focused on Levante and not on the USA, but of course it would be fantastic to be in a generation of players for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.”

Moore played in the youth teams of Huracan and Real Oviedo before joining the Valencia-based side last year.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Shaq Moore — the young American trying to make it in Europe
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2018, 12:41:50 PM »
Shaq Moore — the young American trying to make it in Europe
Associated Press

Shaq Moore knew he was well-adapted to life in Europe when he went home to the United States and felt strange that his family wanted to have dinner so early.

"It's crazy, I feel like I'm Spanish now because they eat dinner so late," the young American soccer player said. "I end up eating dinner at 9 p.m. or 10 p.m. now. And I went home for summer or Christmas and everyone was eating at like 5 p.m. or 6 p.m., and I'm like, 'You guys are eating too early, you know.'"

There was another good sign when he started dreaming in Spanish.

"That's when I kind of knew I was integrating myself with the culture a little bit better," the broad-smiling Moore said.

Instead of staying back home and going through the local ranks to make it to the national team and eventually attract the attention of European clubs, Moore went abroad as a teenager to join smaller teams and try to move up in his career like other European youngsters. He was proud to compare himself to the "canteranos," the home-grown players who go through the youth squads of Spanish teams.

Now, three years into his venture, after many ups and downs, Moore is having a chance to play against Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in the Spanish league.

The 21-year-old full back is playing for first-division club Levante, having already made a few appearances as a starter with the first team, including against Barcelona at the Camp Nou. He has become one of the few Americans to ever play in the Spanish league, along with Kasey Keller, Jozy Altidore and Oguchi Onyewu.

"If you can make it in La Liga, then maybe you can play anywhere in the world," Moore said in an interview with The Associated Press at Levante's training center outside of Valencia. "In the U.S., maybe I would have been too comfortable coming from the youth teams and coming up. I just wanted to fight it out with the best."

Born from parents from Trinidad and Tobago in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Moore is hoping his time in Europe will help him earn a first-team spot with the U.S. national team. He was one of the most experienced players when he was with the U.S. under-17 squad, appearing in nearly 40 international friendlies, and was also in the Under-20 World Cup roster in 2015.

"I want to focus on getting better every day here with Levante and hopefully the national team will come," he said. "Maybe sooner, maybe later, but I know if I'm patient, it will come."

Moore, a vigorous right back with sound defensive skills, decided to "test the waters overseas" after getting a first glimpse of Spain in a tournament in the Canary Islands with the national team's under-18 squad. He attracted the attention of some Spanish clubs and returned for a trial before eventually signing with third-division club Huracan Valencia in 2015.

"It was kind of a big jump, especially because it wasn't one of the biggest clubs, so there was a lot of risk, something that I wasn't really sure if I wanted to do," Moore said. "But I was like, 'You know what? It's a risk I'll take.'"

He made the move despite having a chance to stay in the U.S. with FC Dallas on a home-grown contract, and knowing he could easily be forgotten back home if he didn't get to play much in Spain.

"Obviously, being a little bit farther, maybe they can't see as much games, as much everyday routines as I'm going through," he said. "But I think I'm in a good place right now, a good environment. It's a good league, I think the word will get around eventually."

Moore, who went to live near Atlanta with his family when he was 10, said he adapted well to life in Europe, especially after overcoming the language barrier, which "was one of the hardest parts" as it kept him from being able to communicate with coaches and teammates.

"Playing-wise there was also an adjustment," he said. "The level, the style, how they play... But once I had the Spanish down I was able to integrate myself more to the culture. Then, being on the field was much easier."

There were challenges on the field as well, though, and his hope of making it in Europe took a big hit when Huracan was expelled from the league because of financial irregularities, keeping him without a salary and facing an uncertain future.

"It was a sticky situation and not something ideal you would want as your first professional experience," Moore said. "You are always thinking, 'Maybe you should have done this or that ...' But I just wanted to stick it out. I knew mentally, if I stayed in it, if I was strong enough, I knew it would turn around eventually."

Moore spent time with second-division club Oviedo after leaving Huracan, then signed with Levante in 2016, spending time with the team's "B'' squad. He made his Spanish league debut last year, and recently extended his contract with Levante until 2020. Now the goal is to try to get as much playing time as possible with the first team.

Moore said his move to Europe was extra special for his father, Wendell, who moved to the U.S. to play soccer on a scholarship with Fairleigh Dickinson University in New Jersey. He eventually played professionally and had a few appearances with Trinidad and Tobago's national team.

"Seeing me on the big stage playing against the best players in the world is definitely special for him," Moore said. "And not just for him, but my whole family and friends back home. They really support me and they are kind of living their dream through me."

Moore's biggest moment in Europe came earlier this year when he started against Barcelona and faced Messi, which he called "a big reward in itself."

"Just being here, the training sessions, the atmosphere, the stadiums, everything ...," he said. "Just the other day, watching Ronaldo play, just being in a locker room watching him walk right by me. All that little stuff, it kind of plays with your head and you just know that if you keep working, you can actually get there."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>