April 27, 2024, 09:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Latas Watch  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Latas Watch
« on: October 21, 2005, 02:16:14 PM »
Russell has 4 games scheduled between now and the play-offs ,

22 Oct Dundee Utd (Home)
26 Oct Inverness (Away)
29 Oct Livingston (Home)
6 Nov Celtic (Away)

Dundee United visit The Falkirk Stadium tomorrow with Collin Samuel amongst their ranks , full Latas report (and maybe a bit about Collin) after tomorrow's game  ;)

Check Da Danger !!

ah love it!!

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Watch
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 02:25:17 PM »
Russell has 4 games scheduled between now and the play-offs ,

22 Oct Dundee Utd (Home)
26 Oct Inverness (Away)
29 Oct Livingston (Home)
6 Nov Celtic (Away)

Dundee United visit The Falkirk Stadium tomorrow with Collin Samuel amongst their ranks , full Latas report (and maybe a bit about Collin) after tomorrow's game  ;)

Check Da Danger !!

ah love it!!

Keep us posted. It's a pity that Celtic game is on a Sunday, that game is on the 6th and Bahrain is on the 12th. Those old legs could do with an extra day of rest.

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 03:28:14 PM »
It's a pity that Celtic game is on a Sunday, that game is on the 6th and Bahrain is on the 12th. Those old legs could do with an extra day of rest.

as a Waggonist ... I agree , I reckon the other 4 games are more important for Falkirk as they are the sort of games we need to win to avoid relegation , Falkirk could let Latas travel early and let him have a rest ahead of the play-offs by dropping him for the Celtic game - a game Falkirk will probably lose  :-[

but ... as a Falkirk supporter I'm tied between the thought of a Latapy inspired Falkirk possibly winning against Celtic or letting him go and improving our chances of seeing a Falkirk player take the field (and score  ;)) on the World's stage .

Can Leo Beenhakker request he doesn't play on the Sunday ?

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 03:54:53 PM »
Todays game finished Falkirk 1 Dundee Utd 3 (Collin Samuel got the third for Utd)

Falkirk were very , very poor today and Latapy looked uninterested , he lasted the 90 minutes but I actually thought he was going to be subbed late on , Samuel looked slightly overweight and was matched for pace by our 40 year old manager John Hughes - he did score but United were well on top at that stage and John Hughes had stayed on despite an injury as all our subs had been used ,

a day to forget .

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 04:01:21 PM »
matched by a forty year old!!!
lord

it hard to see my former pob (mr gaskil)l teacher run wit a trini national footballer
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 04:05:28 PM »
thanks for the update and send more latas pics fuh meh dey :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 06:01:01 AM »
I feel latas have to skip that Inverness game...or come off the bench to add a spark if Falkirk in trouble. Too many games in too close proximity that week for a 37 year old.

So wait nah...Falkirk have their coach playing too? No offence, but a side with a 40 year old controlling the defence and a 37 year old running the offence should not be able to compete with the best that Scotland have to offer... :-X
Speaks volumes as to how much they have achieved already with such limited resources !! :beermug:
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Latas Chant: Ee ooh a...check d danger, Latapy inna d area
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 06:05:56 AM »
All massive who will be there on the 12th...in lieu of the tired 'ole,ole' that was ringing about the stadium against the mexicans of all people, try to encourage your crew to sing this refrain for latas on the 12th. All children of the 80's and beyond know the tune.Me and my partners is be chanting it whenever he on the attack. But tha's only about 20 odd voices...

So practice at home, spread the word and leh we 'vibes it up' like they do in Britian where it have songs for virtually evry player.

"EEE ooo a...check d danger...oooo....LATAPY inna d area "
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline lickslikefire

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latas Chant: Ee ooh a...check d danger, Latapy inna d area
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 06:15:10 AM »
does anybody actually have dat song...i trying to download dat song forever?.....fyi..i's sing dat song during games too...I thought i was the only one...lol..VIBES IT UP!

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 03:03:16 PM »
I feel latas have to skip that Inverness game...or come off the bench to add a spark if Falkirk in trouble. Too many games in too close proximity that week for a 37 year old.

So wait nah...Falkirk have their coach playing too? No offence, but a side with a 40 year old controlling the defence and a 37 year old running the offence should not be able to compete with the best that Scotland have to offer... :-X
Speaks volumes as to how much they have achieved already with such limited resources !! :beermug:

OK , firstly on the 40 year old in defence - That was 'Yogi' Hughes' first game for us this season - our Captain - Craig Ireland was suspended , we have other players that should propably have come in but Hughes decided to pick himself - I reckon that will be his last game . Incidently he set the record for the oldest outfield player in SPL history .

Secondly , Since I posted about Latas yesterday my Old Man (Ned Snr.) has told me that he read that Latapy has stated he will hold back from any 50/50 challenges before the play-offs  ??? I don't know if this is true !

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 03:07:07 PM »
if he really states dat then good for us bad for u

we need him fully fit whilst u need a totally comitted player
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2005, 01:24:55 PM »
Inverness 0 - 1 Falkirk after about 40 mins

Latapy is running the midfield in the pissing down freezing rain  ;D

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 01:43:12 PM »
Inverness 0 - 1 Falkirk after about 40 mins

Latapy is running the midfield in the pissing down freezing rain  ;D

Thanks for the update.

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2005, 02:19:20 PM »
Inverness 0 - 2 Falkirk 70 mins

Latapy has just been subbed after setting up both goals. He ran the 1st half but Falkirk have been under the cosh since the restart and scored from a rare break. Replaced by a youngster - 36-year old John O'Neil  ;D

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2005, 02:43:51 PM »
Finished 0 - 3 to Falkirk

The third goal scored by Moutinho - a Portuguese fella who was persuaded to come to Falkirk by a certain Mr R. Latapy ;D

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 02:49:40 PM »
yes that good build yuh confidence Latapy

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2005, 02:51:19 PM »

The third goal scored by Moutinho - a Portuguese fella who was persuaded to come to Falkirk by a certain Mr R. Latapy ;D

Nice, Falkirk won 3 - 0 and Latapy hand a hand in two of the goals and didn't play the whole game.

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2005, 02:52:57 PM »

Nice, Falkirk won 3 - 0 and Latapy hand a hand in two of the goals and didn't play the whole game.

Latas got the MoM award from the radio commentators  ;D

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2005, 03:13:57 PM »
BORN AGAIN YOU DONT YOUR JOB

KEEP IT UP

WE GREATELY AAPPRECIATE IT :beermug:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 07:33:51 AM »
Falkirk 1 - 1 Livingston

Falkirk keep up the 'good game bad game' scenario with a draw against the bottom club. Latapy gained the sponsors man of the match award but this time, I'm afraid, I think it was more out of habit than for the performance. Latas did nothing wrong (and played the full 90 minutes) but didn't 'shine' if you get my meaning.

However, other results see us 1 point further off the bottom and not losing ground on the teams immediately above us. Next game: Celtic at home. This is a biggy  :beermug:

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2005, 07:47:18 AM »
Falkirk 1 - 1 Livingston

Falkirk keep up the 'good game bad game' scenario with a draw against the bottom club. Latapy gained the sponsors man of the match award but this time, I'm afraid, I think it was more out of habit than for the performance. Latas did nothing wrong (and played the full 90 minutes) but didn't 'shine' if you get my meaning.

However, other results see us 1 point further off the bottom and not losing ground on the teams immediately above us. Next game: Celtic at home. This is a biggy  :beermug:

Don't worry, Latapy and the rest of the squad will lift their game. You guys will not get demoted this season, just consolidate and you'll be pressing for a top 5 next season.

Offline Born-again Bairn

• Touch ane, touch a'
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 04:19:21 PM »
Falkirk 0 - 3 Celtic

Hard to take anything positive out of this game, especially as we have given Celtic 2 hard games at their hovel earlier on. As has been posted Latapy was taken off after 70 mins.

For the last season and a half the guy has been a revelation for us. We return him safe and sound for your final qualification matches with all our best wishes.

'Mon the T&T

1]; } ?>