April 18, 2024, 11:25:05 PM

Author Topic: Defending in small goal...a helpful discussion  (Read 4573 times)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
Defending in small goal...a helpful discussion
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:44:08 AM »
Lewwe take a rest from Otto and the Warriors, EPL and La Liga...plenty time for them later.

Forumites,

Last night I went and take a SOE sweat in the Savannah and two "star boy" players were on the same team.

One started to buff the other for what was his style of defending...when they started to argue and explain with cuss flying in between. Both could not appreciate the others point of view.

So I said this would make good discussion here as most of us...if presumably not all..have played small goal at some point in their lives.

Now there are various sizes of small goal...from three footsteps apart and no cross bar to proper cone and pvc, welded BRC goals and the latest but shittiest in my view; the Pugg/kwikgoal semicircular mesh pop up.

Let us for the purpose of this discussion use a goal as made from proper 2" metal pipe, heavy, so the post not moving, 4 feet wide and 3 feet high and a net.

So the main sticking point  ;D...was that one should not come out the post when defending. Stay and hold it.
No matter how many attackers there were bearing down on you.

so

A
      Y.........................> O
                                      Z

Now the typical tactic is to reach line and square back for Z or A to fake or slap home.

X has two options.

1) Stand up and take bang

or

2) intercept the pass and risk being caught near post.

Under scenario 1) there are further styles and ways and means to do this.

a) go one side of the post and give the attacker "the only option" to score and try to block when the shot comes in.

b) Stand middle and anticipate the placement.

c) Genuflect...yes crouch down, keeping the back leg along the ground, squaring yuh back and shoulders and being big in the goal...but most dangerous and the bullet factor is high.

Now under scenario two...come out and intercept. You could do the following.

a) Come out halfway, trying to cut the angle.

b) Full pelt out from the goal tackling hard any of the players before they pass or shoot.

What dear forumites is your style for defending and conversely when attacking what is your preferred method for scoring or getting out the last man.

Sorfening them with bullet usually works, but sometimes you are faced with a No prisoners last man who absorbing that normal.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:08:56 AM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Defending in small goal...a helpful discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:01 AM »
I hate bitches who stand inside di goal mouth likedat. the  small goal fetematch competetion i have i have zones mark on the field so fools cant stand inside di gp
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:51:09 AM »
It depends if you wanna take bullet or if u wanna tackle and play ...if u good with taking bullet den by all means feel free to stay in d post.... I personally stepping out and tackling cuz I not takin bullet in a small goal sweat

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:57:35 AM »
Stay in de muddercant post... as best yuh could...

coming out is sure beat... or if yuh outnumbered easy tap in...

it take skill to beat a man on de line... either a well placed bullet or guile...

Defending: genuflect and take bullet!!
yuh only must come out if de man over push... cuz sometimes yuh could win the ball and take two attackers or more out de play with a brisk counter attack but that risky!!
if you outnumbered all you could do is try and anticipate the bullet or de pass...

Attacking: if you on de side fake like you hitting a bullet and square for de next man to squeeze it far post..
or conversely fake like you gone cross and toepee it first post

one on one... off balance de man with some body shift... you could ketch him leaning and leave a side open

Genuflect style... time him... you could lift de ball over he back leg into de vees sometimes before he reach down
or fake him with a hard bullet... he go drop down quick... when he realise you ent shoot he go bounce back... on de bounce back squeeze it through he leg... 60% of the time it works all the time !!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 09:06:21 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 09:09:45 AM »
I personally hate to see men debilerately standing in front de goal like they stuck in cement and jus block shots. To me dat does kill de game esp. when we sweating 1 goal come off with a time limit.

I personally does try and come off the line to try and win a ball or force players to go one way as best as I can to avoid just standing in goal.

Is steady bullet from me if yuh standing in de goal whole game, soften dem up den eventually fake a shot make dem cringe and tap in een lol

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 09:16:31 AM »
FF

The Genuflect in truth...for men who not accustomed does ketch the attacker. Men does get confused and blast full 100%

But while most men go for chipping it over the back leg...they does have a small gap on the front foot...between the toe and the knee, right by yuh shin.

Then they have another attacking technique, that I see certain man perfect...shooting the ball deliberately to ricochet off yuh shin or calf into the goal.  :devil:

Honestly I fraid bang...I does cup meh stones and breaks, they have about 3 men on we squad will light yuh up under wileness. The rest of players, yuh brace yuhself and keep yuh eye on the ball.

Offline saint27

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:17:54 AM »
Wen u see a man sticking in post you should only do 1 thing ...........you try your best to hit the hardest Roberto Carlos Steven Gerrad bullet you can straight into the man mid section so he get out of d post  :devil:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 09:49:12 AM »
The more immobile you are, the more yuh just hadda stand in front the goal and take bang...

If yuh have good reflexes, stay close tuh yuh first post, come out a lil bit tuh cut the angle and anticipate the cross on a 2 v 1 situation - most men tryin' tuh fake the cross and bang near post goin' and throw way, and if yuh cut the angle good, yuh will probably end up blocking it with yuh planted foot.  If yuh rush een and spread too early in anticpating the cross, yuh could get breed and that could virtually end yuh sweat dey cause if yuh get breed AND goal score, it eh have no coming back from that. 

If yuh have real confidence yuh could step out proper and look tuh tackle - this is only advised if the man on the ball either lackin' skill, pace, or real greedy and will not pass on the 2 v 1.  If yuh step out brave and show him the outside instead of the inside, he will either throw way, or have to cross in the end, and once yuh force dat wide, yuh blockin' da cross easy....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline CarenageBoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 10:13:25 AM »
So the main sticking point  Grin...was that one should not come out the post when defending. Stay and hold it.
No matter how many attackers there were bearing down on you.

If a defender stays between the posts, he's not a defender; he's a goalkeeper.

Small-goal defending does not allow for a goalkeeper. I assume you're playing 3 or 5 a side. In that case, the defenders should be actively moving up and down their half.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 12:24:12 PM »
Unless it have a rule before sweat, or a line mark out in front the post, chook up inside the forkin goal yes.. ESPECIALLY if is one goal come off.. I does get rhell vex when i see last man drifting out the goal.

Me eh care, who vex loss... Argue and complain and call me all kinda names while yuh on the way to the sideline to sit down and watch me sweat for a next 10-15 mins.. Winning!

It too easy to score anyway when a fat man not chook up in the goal, that is when the score in a sweat does end up 13-12.  Also, the last man position does give fat men a role in the sweat or give yuh a place to hide and ketch breath when yuh roast.

I not fraid to take bang either, anything too high I go just block wid hands. Men go understand anyway and it have no real penalty in small goal. :devil: I aint fraid to give bang either. If a man genuflect too early, is to hit him a frankoment toepee to chest. The kinda toepee where the ball have zero spin and travelling at pace, when that hit yuh so it does go "Vokkk!!". Let dem feel it.

At the end of the day, the skill in a small goal sweat come in pulling a man out the goalpost to bore.. More often than not the team with the more constructive knock and run off the ball will find ways to get around that. Also, if you get a last man one v one, you could fake a shot and pull (roll foot over the ball) to the left and slap with yuh left... No matter who, dat does always pull a man out the post.

All that is the fun in small goal.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2011, 12:41:30 PM »
Unless it have a rule before sweat, or a line mark out in front the post, chook up inside the forkin goal yes.. ESPECIALLY if is one goal come off.. I does get rhell vex when i see last man drifting out the goal.

Me eh care, who vex loss... Argue and complain and call me all kinda names while yuh on the way to the sideline to sit down and watch me sweat for a next 10-15 mins.. Winning!

It too easy to score anyway when a fat man not chook up in the goal, that is when the score in a sweat does end up 13-12.  Also, the last man position does give fat men a role in the sweat or give yuh a place to hide and ketch breath when yuh roast.

I not fraid to take bang either, anything too high I go just block wid hands. Men go understand anyway and it have no real penalty in small goal. :devil: I aint fraid to give bang either. If a man genuflect too early, is to hit him a frankoment toepee to chest. The kinda toepee where the ball have zero spin and travelling at pace, when that hit yuh so it does go "Vokkk!!". Let dem feel it.At the end of the day, the skill in a small goal sweat come in pulling a man out the goalpost to bore.. More often than not the team with the more constructive knock and run off the ball will find ways to get around that. Also, if you get a last man one v one, you could fake a shot and pull (roll foot over the ball) to the left and slap with yuh left... No matter who, dat does always pull a man out the post.

All that is the fun in small goal.

:rotfl:
Daiz the damn ting self right dere.
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2011, 12:53:47 PM »
I was never a genuflect man...I does kinda ben on that move...

If yuh takin' bang, stand up and take yuh bang...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2011, 01:07:24 PM »
I agree with everything dinho say...

if ah man get twist turn upside down while he in de goal and bore... i go laugh and say hard luck... we lorse yes

but for ah man to run out like a wild man or stand up outside gaping and boom easy goal... i does be real benning
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2011, 01:11:46 PM »
Also, if you get a last man one v one, you could fake a shot and pull (roll foot over the ball) to the left and slap with yuh left... No matter who, dat does always pull a man out the post.

Real man iz get breed with that move...

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2011, 01:35:13 PM »
Never underestimate the brilliance of a toepee.

But to me a good driven stingers...more deadly. Yuh must make dey teeth click when it connect with them.

Honestly they does chook the newbies and unskillful/unfit men in the back...but in some sweat men like a last position. They like to hold on to ball and beat out the back or play they hitting yuh a searching pass.

Also some big players does like to lead from example...I in d back here...no goal scoring again...dem kinda talks.

But a fake and slap (same foot) I find faster to pull off than the fake and roll.

Another variation of that roll over is a pull-push beat with both feet.

Also its take a lil skill to connect one time with a ball from a cross and net it in the Vee with a man in the goal...especially on yuh weaker foot.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 01:54:45 PM »
When men in the goal stick up....fake the shot and slip it through the legs. Most times defenders looking for the hard shot and would try to block it.

Defending in small goal is harder. No matter what you do or how you try to defend, people on your team will always feel that nobody supposed to score on you...even if its 4 v1...Sometimes you have to stay home and take bang...Then sometimes you have to close angles a it and be smart.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 02:02:01 PM »
Also, if you get a last man one v one, you could fake a shot and pull (roll foot over the ball) to the left and slap with yuh left... No matter who, dat does always pull a man out the post.

Real man iz get breed with that move...

True talk, the best i see ah man execute that move was sweating on the basketball court in Tacarigua Indoor Complex.

Had a man stick up in the goal whole sweat. A man running at him on a one v one and wind up big to leggo a bullet and fake with full force but roll he foot over the ball.. Last man get fake but make a stretch, but like the stretch wasn't enough... So he stretch more and bawl out for he groin and fall down... and then same speed the man slap thru he legs while he falling down for goal..

Well sweat done for a 5 mins wid dat one. Man on de sidelines rolling.  They start to ask de last man if he split he scrotum and all. :rotfl:

Men does still talk bout that up to this day.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 02:58:06 PM »
Never underestimate the brilliance of a toepee.

But to me a good driven stingers...more deadly. Yuh must make dey teeth click when it connect with them.

Honestly they does chook the newbies and unskillful/unfit men in the back...but in some sweat men like a last position. They like to hold on to ball and beat out the back or play they hitting yuh a searching pass.

Also some big players does like to lead from example...I in d back here...no goal scoring again...dem kinda talks.

But a fake and slap (same foot) I find faster to pull off than the fake and roll.

Another variation of that roll over is a pull-push beat with both feet.

Also its take a lil skill to connect one time with a ball from a cross and net it in the Vee with a man in the goal...especially on yuh weaker foot.

In my small goal Sunday sweat, NOBODY does want to play last... so we come up wid a rotation system... when I in there, men does breaks fuh deyself because they KNOW I comin out hard and fast... even wid the bad knees :o
While I might occasionally get string up, most times I do enough to throw off the attacker in a 1 v 1... I too old now to take bang  ;D Now when striking, I too love the "POWER TOPEE", is blade comin and going from me!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

i would to make a short flim on this topic. Only people on the forum as cast members. Weary and Brownsugar as opposing managers!!!!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2011, 02:59:49 PM »
Is de men who does deliberately stand in front of de goal right thru does get me, I ain mind yuh stand up and take bang but doh stand in de goal whole facking time. Come out and take ah chook too nah...

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2011, 04:27:17 PM »
as not really a skillful man i does hold d last plenty and i find is a judgement call most times

d ting wit a small goal sweat is dat as d las man u hada orchestrate d men da dropping back

wit d 3 on one i try to rush hard to force d pass before d man reach d line dat way i cud fall back wen d other player get it and hope 1 a my teammates get back too

taking bang is not an option rushing the pass is always d better move since i see good men miss open goal but harldy miss banging a man in he face
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »
Here is how yuh does play last man and is you alone and bout 3 man rushing yuh.

1.Stand to de side sideways and show dem de whole goal.
2.As soon as yuh do that the next man to touch ball does try to score, is ah open goal. But since is ah open goal, is usually straight down the middle with no setta hard kick.
3.Yuh time it as soon as he kick you just stick out yuh foot in the middle of the goal and yuh go block the shot.

Always, ALWAYS, it does ketch man, in any country too.

But man never used to have last man in small goal. In fact, before game man used to bawl no goalie. Everybody running up and down. Dais how allyuh does play smallgoal now?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:52:31 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 07:32:14 PM »
In meh small goal days we used to have a box or penalty area in front the goal. If yuh play the ball while standing in the box , is ah penalty or if yuh get bang in the box is penalty...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2011, 07:40:59 PM »
In meh small goal days we used to have a box or penalty area in front the goal. If yuh play the ball while standing in the box , is ah penalty or if yuh get bang in the box is penalty...

Yeah I hear 'bout dem rules...dais ole time ting though....nowadays man jus takin' bang normal - no repercussions.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2011, 10:12:51 PM »
It depends on how fast everything is happening.

Defending
1.  Make sure ur in the center,  step up slightly,  turn facing Y, deny him Z or A.  Your goal should be now 2 feet wide not 4, cause of ur positioning tighter angle for Y.  He could beat you near post but now u only defending a smaller area.   Hope is that he takes the bait and goes for the shot himself. 

2.  Do the MC Hammer Dance

3.  Play in Barbados 

Attacking
Why is Y running down the line?   ;D He should be heading straight to X...if it's small goal. 

In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2011, 07:58:25 AM »
Wheeeyyss...Soca Fan is the only man who does chain up men and give them post to shoot and block.

SocaFan honestly that is a good technique especially if yuh calf big...but when a man fake yuh, is pressure.

Now I reading some responses bout line mark off and ting...alyuh is foreigners or wha? Small goal is two posts and a ball...at least down here.

But the biggest bitch ass, panty play it have in defending a small goal....is running a ball outta play or kicking it out when you is d last man and yuh getting pressure. Especially if yuh back heel the ball out. Dat worse than a man standing in the post....screen yuh ball or beat out.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:01:12 AM by Touches »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2011, 09:28:57 AM »
The chain up and leave post open thing risky though..

Yuh go look like ah imps if a man rock one so hard yuh foot doh reach across in time and yuh give him ah open goal...

Yuh go also look like ah imps if ah man hit the ball where yuh stretch yuh foot from and breed yuh to score.

Imo best thing to do is stand at a slant with not enough room between yuh legs to get breed favoring one side of the goal. Then if a shot going in the other corner try and stretch for it.

This thread have meh feeling to go and take ah sweat later.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 09:32:07 AM by dinho »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 12:07:06 PM »
But the biggest bitch ass, panty play it have in defending a small goal....is running a ball outta play or kicking it out when you is d last man and yuh getting pressure. Especially if yuh back heel the ball out. Dat worse than a man standing in the post....screen yuh ball or beat out.

That is one of the most annoying small goal plays for sure. 

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »
Imagine defending a 2 v 1 in small goal where the man on the ball Robinho or Messi (i.e. a real fleet footed, tight quarters, toolum sharer)...

What is the best approach of all the approaches mentioned in this thread?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 02:33:51 PM »
The chain up and leave post open thing risky though..

Yuh go look like ah imps if a man rock one so hard yuh foot doh reach across in time and yuh give him ah open goal...

Yuh go also look like ah imps if ah man hit the ball where yuh stretch yuh foot from and breed yuh to score.

Imo best thing to do is stand at a slant with not enough room between yuh legs to get breed favoring one side of the goal. Then if a shot going in the other corner try and stretch for it.

This thread have meh feeling to go and take ah sweat later.

True but it would be a deserved goal if it happen.  If the defender do that and I'm Z I would just run and stand up in front of X.      ;D     Pressah in x tail. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>