March 28, 2024, 11:58:12 AM

Author Topic: Barack Obama Thread  (Read 48284 times)

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will President Obama be re-elected?
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2012, 11:44:01 AM »
And Bakes I might even argue that the razed ground of the republican race left him somewhat limited. He can't push too hard on the right to differentiate himself because he maintained a centrist stance in the repub campaign and can is vulnerable to accusations of flip flopping vis-vis the 'Etch-a-sketch' gaffe.

Assylumseeker is correct in one regard. Mitt's does not speak to or resonate with the people in 2012.  His only national conversation seems to be with his fundraisers. And to make matters worse he facking up nicely in front of them too.

This man is in desperate need of a Joe the Plumber type entity with which to crystallize the hopes and fears of the electorate. Dirty Harry's 'chair' just eh cutting it.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

truetrini

« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2012, 09:59:30 PM »
The whole f**king world enthralled with US elections...anybody apart from Canadians even know without googling who de major players in Canadian politics are?

sometime I feel you is a wannebe Canadian. You always have something to say bout Canada.

Is like how War does always have negative comments about homosexuals. Makes you wonder.

Hmmm.  for that matter, you musbe be a closet theist.

BTW

Canada just ranked ahead of the US in "Economic Freedom"

Canada has taken its place among the Top 5 countries with the most economic freedom, according to a new Fraser Institute report — now leaps and bounds ahead of the United States thanks to the gradual shrinking of the Canadian government since the mid-1990s as America’s just got bigger.

The annual Economic Freedom of the World report, released Tuesday (Sep 18, 2012), has Canada tied in fifth place with Australia — up one spot from last year. Hong Kong remains at the top, Singapore’s next, then New Zealand.

Meanwhile, the United States, once a “standard bearer” of economic liberty among industrial nations, spiralled 10 spots from the 2011 rankings to 18th place — its lowest position ever, and a huge drop from its second place spot in 2000.

That chart and study come like de one dat say T&T win best tourist award...doh put too much stock in that shit.

truetrini

« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2012, 10:00:59 PM »
And Bakes I might even argue that the razed ground of the republican race left him somewhat limited. He can't push too hard on the right to differentiate himself because he maintained a centrist stance in the repub campaign and can is vulnerable to accusations of flip flopping vis-vis the 'Etch-a-sketch' gaffe.

Assylumseeker is correct in one regard. Mitt's does not speak to or resonate with the people in 2012.  His only national conversation seems to be with his fundraisers. And to make matters worse he facking up nicely in front of them too.

This man is in desperate need of a Joe the Plumber type entity with which to crystallize the hopes and fears of the electorate. Dirty Harry's 'chair' just eh cutting it.

all romney have to say is dat democrats advocating opening up the borders to canadians and yuh will see fall out ,,dems will be running scared.

Dutty..Florida sucks becasue of all de f**king Canuks and Brits flocking down here.  I made a Bumper sticker that said the only good Canadian is a north bound one.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 01, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 01, 2012, 11:34:18 PM »
War get yuh phone  :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio

To quote Samuel L. Jackson... "Wake the f**k up!"

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #155 on: October 02, 2012, 07:07:23 AM »
American vets are finding jobs in Canadian Oilfields. Thanks to obama's 70,000 pages of regulations and an over increase of 1.7 trillion (including obamacare) in new regulatory cost, when he wins will inherit the greatest deficit and debt in US history coupled with the lowest start up businesses, failing energy production from reliable sources, far less industrial production and the highest tax increase in history! Did you see his explanation on Letterman about the Bond Market and the Debt and Deficit... this man is a joke with a capital "J"! Look how brilliant QE3 worked!

Canada is a great place to do business! Keep up the good work especially making good beer! (Steamwhistle  :beermug:) Love all the development that Toronto is doing (too much glass though) and thanks for Sending TD to save some of our Banks!

you do know that Canada has socialized medicine and much higher taxes than the US. Think about that every man jack pays a tax and everybody gets an opportunity to use the same health care. Rich people presumably don’t use this as they then have to to go and buy private insurance. So in effect the rich paying a health surcharge for a service that they don’t use. In the US they call that redistribution.

Also they have actaully increased taxes in response to the current economy and their budgetary needs, something that would never happen with  Republican controlled Senate, Congress or Presidency.

Also the oil production is a dopey comparison. The US produces twice as much oil as Canada, but Canada has 8 times the oil reserves of the US. Obviously Canada has more opportunities to grow as far as oil production.

When you hear fools like Paul Ryan talk about the US being “energy independent”  if they just “drill for more oil” know they telling the biggest LIE imaginable. The US only produces about 8% of the World’s oil. It uses more than a 25%.

There is no possibility of  drilling oil to satisfy the US domestic needs. Moreso oil is a commodity, drilled by the private free enterprise that allyuh love so much. Even if they could double the current output  it:

a)   would not be in anyones' financial interest to sell it domestically for cheap;
b)   would barely move the needle on the price of oil on the global market
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #156 on: October 02, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
the debate is tomorrow...

will be tuned in to see it, so far romney's wait and see approach will lose him this election, obama is making a 2nd rounds in the white house...

as for the argument about canada and the us, its rubbish because the border is coming down in the coming years and were heading for one currency with even closer relations, i have lived in both the us and canada and for the record, my friends in cali want to visit toronto and canada and the ones who have visited, love it and vice versa for my friends in toronto.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 02, 2012, 12:10:44 PM »

will be tuned in to see it, so far romney's wait and see approach will lose him this election, obama is making a 2nd rounds in the white house...

as for the argument about canada and the us, its rubbish because the border is coming down in the coming years and were heading for one currency with even closer relations, i have lived in both the us and canada and for the record, my friends in cali want to visit toronto and canada and the ones who have visited, love it and vice versa for my friends in toronto.

lol, contro a presidential 'debate' is probably the worst way to judge a candidate. the only ones known to have a substantial impact on the outcome anyway were lincoln-douglas and nixon-jfk. but of couse the media builds it up because its tradition...and a ratings bonanza

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #158 on: October 02, 2012, 12:51:27 PM »

lol, contro a presidential 'debate' is probably the worst way to judge a candidate. the only ones known to have a substantial impact on the outcome anyway were lincoln-douglas and nixon-jfk. but of couse the media builds it up because its tradition...and a ratings bonanza

i agree but i love the verbal sparring and who can think on their toes, its great to see, i judge it on much deeper stuff bro than a debate, in all honesty, if i were to give many my opinion on the election they would disagree strongly and its not bc im talking garbage but because the political process is alot more complex than many think

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 02, 2012, 01:41:23 PM »

In this race, Romney always would make his bed and dismantle it. The race isn't over yet, but I'll submit that once past the Republican primaries, Romney has been somewhat formidable as an opponent. Yeah, he's made gaffes, but these have largely been those tied to his obvious detachment regarding issues of how the "99%" lives. No surprise there.

His biggest challenge will always be his Achilles heel: what are his convictions outside of economic and financial considerations?

To paraphrase...an election is no place to discuss personal convictions, economic or otherwise. Ask Ron Paul. And I would hardly call Rummy a formidable opponent so far. I see polls reflecting a president struggling with daunting challenges, not a formidable challenger.  Not to say he can't be formidable, he just ain't been formidable.

1. Disagree. Personal conviction has a place in politics and at the ballot. Voters prefer when candidates are forthcoming as to their personal positions and voters appreciate candidates who serve transparency by expressing distinct lines between their personal convictions and their public policy preferences. Thoughtful candidates can achieve both without sacrificing either their integrity or sucess on the ballot.

Ron Paul is probably not the best example because his platform lacks multiple dimensions. As such, it's either love him or hate him as he's judged primarily on his advocacy for retracting America's engagement with the rest of the world. Although that sells in certain localities, it's not a sustainable vision of America's future among thoughtful consumers (voters). Most of those calling for America to withdraw from this and that ... don't understand the world we live in and fail to appreciate that the U.S. has a multiplicity of overlapping foreign policy interests that may seem conflicting, but are in essence effective checks and balances in hotbeds abroad.

2. Formidable Romney? Yes. The President has had to work hard to pushback a tide of disillusion with his administration. A more humane, sensitized Romney would kick Obama's ass.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 01:46:30 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 02, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
2. Formidable Romney? Yes. The President has had to work hard to pushback a tide of disillusion with his administration. A more humane, sensitized Romney would kick Obama's ass.

unicorn probably would as well... unfortunately no such mythical beast exists therefore inaccurate to describe Romney as "formidable".  The obstacles presented by the President's record might be formidable... his opponent, not so much.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 05:39:02 PM by Bakes »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2012, 09:17:08 PM »

unicorn probably would as well... unfortunately no such mythical beast exists therefore inaccurate to describe Romney as "formidable".  The obstacles presented by the President's record might be formidable... his opponent, not so much.

Let's try this:

Formidable Romney? Yes. The President has had to work hard to pushback a tide of disillusion with his administration. [end of separate and complete thought]

A more humane, sensitized Romney would kick Obama's ass. [end of separate and complete thought]

Clearly I recognize that no such animal exists, but the point of proffering that was to underscore that Mr. Romney has been more than a worrying chore for the WH, despite his deficiencies.

###

While the polls (and reality) suggest that Romney is in trouble today, his campaign has been fairly tight and challenging to the White House up until recently such that no significant presumption favoring the incumbent WH could be made. The wall he has hit is of his own making ... rather than of an illuminating Obama campaign that has exposed him. Having stated that, the President has been shrewd in his individual delivery and characterization of Romney without getting bogged down with electoral weeds around his stately, presidential ankles that would/could diminish his standing as POTUS.

I'm looking at Romney as a comprehensive candidate through the primaries and post-primaries. And, I'm including in my assessment his trajectory and accomplishments as a candidate over more than one election cycle ... because these factored into his projection as the presumptive Republican nominee way before he was named.

The WH has been running against him for a considerable period of time and his composite of a candidate has prevented the WH from paving a smooth path to re-election ... until more recently as perceived in some circles.

In a state like North Carolina, Romney achieved favorable movement that eluded others of his ilk. Again I say, he's made gaffes, but until the present ... none of his gaffes or obvious liabilities has served to derail or permanently undermine his candidacy. He's been persistent. And effective.

Today I heard of a 15% gap  (favoring Obama) in one poll, but polling (internal and external) mere weeks ago showed no such distinction.

Perhaps we're using differing definitional lenses. To be formidable Mr. Romney need not be riding neck and neck with Obama in each poll. To be formidable he must have a frustrating impact on how the WH configures getting to the magic number in the electoral college ... and my contention is that Romney has challenged the WH in its calculus of the electoral college map more than has been conceded.

The # of visits by the candidates to certain states supports this ... think electoral college.

Other than that, I "see" why "formidable" could be perceived as too generous.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 09:29:41 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »
War get yuh phone  :rotfl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpAOwJvTOio
LMFAO ... I guess dias one of the 47% I wonder if Jesc**t get he phone yet......

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2012, 02:25:29 PM »
This shit is Just Funny.. this is what Obama supporters sounds like..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJbOU4nmHQ&feature=related

War
Black Lives Matter..

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 15, 2012, 10:55:57 AM »
Yuh know hatred and free speech are alive when yuh see a car with the following: an American flag sticker, a Buck Ofama sticker and a I'll take the Mormon over the moron sticker.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 16, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »
Yuh know hatred and free speech are alive when yuh see a car with the following: an American flag sticker, a Buck Ofama sticker and a I'll take the Mormon over the moron sticker.

Lol, remember the Buck Fush bumper stickers and t-shirts at the end of the Dubya era? And 'He's still not my president' buttons. The american public has treated this president with far greater respect than the political class and their ashkenazi masters.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 16, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »

Ron Paul is probably not the best example because his platform lacks multiple dimensions. As such, it's either love him or hate him as he's judged primarily on his advocacy for retracting America's engagement with the rest of the world. Although that sells in certain localities, it's not a sustainable vision of America's future among thoughtful consumers (voters). Most of those calling for America to withdraw from this and that ... don't understand the world we live in and fail to appreciate that the U.S. has a multiplicity of overlapping foreign policy interests that may seem conflicting, but are in essence effective checks and balances in hotbeds abroad.

Paul may be 'judged' on his advocacy of withdrawl but its certainly not his only policy, nor is it lacking dimesnsion. Non-entanglement can certainly serve to advance national interest, as it had been in previous eras, eras in which the U.S. economy and standing in the world grew more rapidly than any nation in history.

On the other hand aggressive pursuit of foreign policy interests within the last 10 years led to shocking decimation of the country's economic and security base, and encouraged the expansion of far less interventionist challengers like China etc.

And as for protecting interests....exactly who benefits, and what are the structural distributions of these benefits from adventures in these 'hotbeds' that are so costly in terms of expenditure and lives? 

Increasingly, and blatantly so, the policy direction and hence, the dividends, from U.S. excursions and pacification of hotbeds appear to be flowing in one ethnic direction...When the most influential lobby group in U.S. politics comes from a foreign nation its time to recognize that current american foreign policy may not be in the direct interest of the american people. This, IS a substantive issue, but don't expect to hear that on CNN, FOX, CBS, NBC, or any mainstream print/information/entertainment outlet.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 17, 2012, 07:00:27 AM »

Paul may be 'judged' on his advocacy of withdrawl but its certainly not his only policy, nor is it lacking dimesnsion. Non-entanglement can certainly serve to advance national interest, as it had been in previous eras, eras in which the U.S. economy and standing in the world grew more rapidly than any nation in history.

On the other hand aggressive pursuit of foreign policy interests within the last 10 years led to shocking decimation of the country's economic and security base, and encouraged the expansion of far less interventionist challengers like China etc.

And as for protecting interests....exactly who benefits, and what are the structural distributions of these benefits from adventures in these 'hotbeds' that are so costly in terms of expenditure and lives? 

Increasingly, and blatantly so, the policy direction and hence, the dividends, from U.S. excursions and pacification of hotbeds appear to be flowing in one ethnic direction...When the most influential lobby group in U.S. politics comes from a foreign nation its time to recognize that current american foreign policy may not be in the direct interest of the american people. This, IS a substantive issue, but don't expect to hear that on CNN, FOX, CBS, NBC, or any mainstream print/information/entertainment outlet.

Fertile response ... let's start with the part in bold. State the name. ::)

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 17, 2012, 07:30:47 AM »

Assuming that Zandolie lives in the US, Yuh wah de man lorse he wuk or wha?

;D

EDIT: This is assuming that Zandolie is a male. My apologies ladies. That is the closet chauvinist in me.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 17, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
On a more substantive note, I am wondering why President Obama did not challenge Governor Romney more forcefully on his time at Bain Capital and ask him to defend his record at that company, given the accusations leveled against him with regard to outsourcing?

Is anyone else wondering the same thing?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2012, 09:02:51 AM »
On a more substantive note, I am wondering why President Obama did not challenge Governor Romney more forcefully on his time at Bain Capital and ask him to defend his record at that company, given the accusations leveled against him with regard to outsourcing?

I was concerned about a more serious issue, like why ann romney where the same colour and style suit as michelle obama las night
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2012, 09:03:43 AM »

Steups....doh play dumb  ;D  AIPAC has been largely responsible for moving massive amounts of money, loan guarantees, aid and defence spending in to the tune of over 100,000,000,000 dollars to Israel. Also largely through the efforts of AIPAC, Israel recieves vastly preferential military and industrial tech sharing and arms sales concessions. The U.S. also restricts trade, loans, and military aid to other nations so that Israel maintains a competitive military advantage. The U.S. tows the Israeli line on foreign policy and at least 100 foreign policy bills and resolutios are advanced by AIPAC ANNUALLY in the house. In conjunction most of the largest donors to U.S. presidential election campaigns are closely associated with AIPAC. Sheldon Adelson recently threatened to donate $200,000,000 to make sure Obama is not re-elected. Adelson is a U.S. citizen. But he is also a citizen of Israel and it is well known the vast majority of his charitable donations (in the hundreds of millions of dollars) are allocated stictly to jewish/israeli causes. So here we have a citizen of a foreign land, by all accounts with deep political ties and loyalties to that land, openly threatening to use money to manipulate the outcome of U.S. elections. One could even argue that Israel has become a closer ally than NATO, but through Israeli, not American self interest.

So what do you really think is the driving force behind the U.S. hard line stance in Iran? Do you think the embattled U.S. public wants yet ANOTHER war in the middle east? This specific type of posturing may well be in the best interests of Israel, but in the long run, is it in the best interest of the American people and the international community?

Admittedly my puny knowledge of U.S. politics is severely lacking. But I do think that a case could and should be made for a re-examination of policy and what 'withdrawl' actually means.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 09:05:40 AM by ZANDOLIE »

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 17, 2012, 09:05:01 AM »

I was concerned about a more serious issue, like why ann romney where the same colour and style suit as michelle obama las night
me too except  I was wondering why Michelle was wearing the same thing ann wearing?

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 17, 2012, 09:09:45 AM »
Zando, all da Jason Bourne trainin dey teach yuh in de corp. go be put to good use when de mossad come knockin on yuh door this week.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:23 AM »
Zando, all da Jason Bourne trainin dey teach yuh in de corp. go be put to good use when de mossad come knockin on yuh door this week.

haaaaaaaaahaha.........Jason Bourne.....steups  :rotfl: dutty.......hmmmmm
I pity the fool....

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 17, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »

Lol. They cyah touch me here in my fortified underground bunker with my tin hat on, eating a can of beans, and rocking back and forth with a shotgun on my knees  ;D

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 07:24:17 PM by Daft Trini »

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2012, 12:10:22 AM »
The Alfred E. Smith memorial dinner

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/SmithM

AirMan

« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2012, 06:40:46 AM »
Obama holds his lead in Iowa, Wisconsin

With fewer than three weeks until Election Day, new NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist polls show President Barack Obama maintaining his lead over Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney in the battleground states of Iowa and Wisconsin.

According to the polls – which were conducted from Monday through Wednesday, encompassing Tuesday’s presidential debate in New York and after – Obama receives the support of 51 percent of likely voters in Iowa to Romney’s 43 percent.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/18/14542135-polls-obama-holds-his-lead-in-iowa-wisconsin?lite

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>