March 28, 2024, 06:54:22 AM

Author Topic: Barack Obama Thread  (Read 48267 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Will President Obama be re-elected?
« Reply #240 on: November 07, 2012, 04:57:13 AM »
Big bird wins another four years
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »
checked it out on MSNBC, well kinda jumped between dat and covert affairs :D , thought the race would be closer.......but.......I get the general impression dat unless Dems do real shit in d next four years Repubs go hadda low d biggots, xenophobe, and selfishly rich and rebrand deyself to have a chance.....

on a side note black republicans does look awkward and uncomfortable when dey reppin d party........at atleast on MSNBC (ah know dey pro dems) it was just kinda strikin
I pity the fool....

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2012, 06:18:28 AM »
Was it ever as close as the media was hyping it to be the last couple weeks?

Congrats to Mr Obama on winning another term... hoping he can stabilize that US dollar a bit and make it as the old days when it was stronger than the loonie. Gosh I miss those days.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 07, 2012, 07:04:27 AM »
Was it ever as close as the media was hyping it to be the last couple weeks?

Congrats to Mr Obama on winning another term... hoping he can stabilize that US dollar a bit and make it as the old days when it was stronger than the loonie. Gosh I miss those days.

Ent!! ah thnk was brownie who post dat nate silver fellah... imagine ah number crunchin nerd with ah laptop call de shot long time and million dollar pundits cyah make
ah have ah bredrin livin chicago...he say he hear plenty tassa music and dancehall blastin from warmonga house las night

two billion dollars?...most expensive telenovella everrrr
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 07, 2012, 08:23:57 AM »
Congrats to Obama and his suppoters . Unfortunately I see another four years of Blame it on Bush and The republicans . You can't have a democratic president sorrounded by republicans. Obama might have good taughts for this country but his party is in worst shape than it was when he was elected for his first term.. again congrats to team Obama and his supporters unfortunately it will be anothe 4 years of bare pressure...
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #245 on: November 07, 2012, 08:29:10 AM »
from the time you guys started this thread i said he would be re-elected... so said so done, i didn't need a formula for that, like nate lol :D

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 07, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
this shock me. i thought romney woulda have it given that obama wasn't able to clean up bush mess and the global economic meltdown.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 07, 2012, 09:29:12 AM »
The 538 blog and others like it provided a fascinating window into the numbers and what they mean. To me it was less about the map and the colours and more about what and how. The mere fact that people were online discussing the difference between probability and prediction was interesting. Nate's final predictions were always more conservative than the other stat/polling sites.

If you want to check those out:
http://votamatic.org/
http://election.princeton.edu/
http://research.uvu.edu/DeSart/forecasting/index.html
http://electoral-vote.com/
http://www.predictwise.com/

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #248 on: November 07, 2012, 09:30:40 AM »
this shock me. i thought romney woulda have it given that obama wasn't able to clean up bush mess and the global economic meltdown.

Obama and his team knew that they couldn't clean up Bush mess in the first four years and the next four will be very tough as well, bush mess up this Country really bad and it will take at least a decade i think, to come out of this situation just like Jack did to the TTFF.  The tough journey ahead is far and wide..
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline 1-868

• Hero Warrior
  • Haters love me
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 07, 2012, 10:29:49 AM »
Sandy and Christie have played part in this victory.. but it boiled down to OLD ANGRY WHITE MEN vs The rest.. times have changed in the US & A  :beermug:
Phenomenal, lovely atmosphere.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will President Obama be re-elected?
« Reply #250 on: November 07, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »

4 years ain't enough to clean up that shit. Also the unemployment rate has dropped from 9 to 7 percent during his first term. So at least he could say something working.
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 07, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
Them Republicans have to do a total revamp, or else is more salt. Them f**kers like some dumb hicks.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 07, 2012, 11:07:41 AM »
Sandy and Christie have played part in this victory.. but it boiled down to OLD ANGRY WHITE MEN vs The rest.. times have changed in the US & A  :beermug:
Absolutely... and I think those who are saying "media hype it up to make it closer" are ignoring these two factors.  Sandy gave Obama a significant point of departure from Romney... yes the economy was the number one factor, but the scale and scope of government was as well, and FEMA, and Obama by his performance in managing the catastrophe showed that there is a very real, and central role for government to continue spearheading disaster relief, and by extension, healthcare and social services etc.

I think first Bloomberg's and then Christie's "endorsement" of Obama may have opened the eyes of a lot of independents.  I wouldn't be surprised if Romney is viewing Christie as his Palin... this unmanageable rogue factor that was drafted into the fray to help put him over the top with a key bloc, only to be sabotaged in the end.  Christie was vastly different from the damage he inflicted of course, but from his "I" performance at the RNC Convention, to his batting down FOX News attempt to get him to take Romney on a tour of the disaster areas, to his damaging public praise of the President in the waning days... with no opportunity for Romney to rebut or make up ground (the circumstances, and good sense didn't permit it).

Youth and minorities showed up last minute... this was why many thought the race would be tighter than it turned out.  Enthusiasm seemed to be lagging going in, but in the end they turned out in huge numbers to put Obama over the top.  Roland Martin attributed the turnout to the Republican-lead effort to suppress voter turnout... that this was a blow back.

Finally, the electoral count aside... CNN showed a very interesting graphic last night.  If you just look statewide, then the map looks fairly even, blue on the coasts and red down the center.  But John King broke the map out into the counties, and there it's overwhelmingly red.  What Obama was able to do was to get phenomenal turnout in urban areas where there are higher population counts, and where his key demographics live.  This countered the losses in more suburban and rural counties.  Finally... I think the popular vote shows that it was in fact a close race, with Obama likely pulling out a 51%-49% win there.  This bears out the polling leading up to the election, and what the media was reporting.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 07, 2012, 11:20:39 AM »
I agree the tide is shifting.

While we could argue that the economy was the big issue in this election campaign, i believe that immigration is almost equally important as this election was very instructive of the shifting balance of the so called "coallition of minitories" blacks, hispanics and other gender based minorities especially in those key swing states that determine the outcome of these elections.

How immigration policy is defined over the next few years will be key especially as it relates to determining close election races in swing states
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 07, 2012, 11:21:26 AM »
I think those maps showing the red counties/states are misleading. The population of some of these places are relatively small compared to the geography, so you get this visual impression that the numbers are bigger than they are.

A map that looks more like this (using population instead of electoral votes)  would probably be more informative visually:

Check these out from the 2008 elections:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/2008/

and for 2012:
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1671162/infographic-a-grossly-distended-map-of-america-redrawn-by-election-spending#-4

I also think people underestimated the ground game of Obama, I fully expected a mess in Ohio and Florida, but they got their people out to vote. Much will be discussed about their methods.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:28:45 AM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

truetrini

« Reply #255 on: November 07, 2012, 01:28:48 PM »
getting the vote out in Virginia, Ohio and Florida was a big reason for the victory.  Early voting we led 2-1 in most areas.

We were well organized and pounding the pavements two months before the election.  Phone calls, mailers and emails as wella s social media.  This was the best organized DCC campaign I was ever involved in.

How this happened

TO:
Gershwin Stephen
Message flagged Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:41 AM
This message contains blocked images.
Show Images
Options

Gershwin --

I'm about to go speak to the crowd here in Chicago, but I wanted to thank you first.

I want you to know that this wasn't fate, and it wasn't an accident. You made this happen.

You organized yourselves block by block. You took ownership of this campaign five and ten dollars at a time. And when it wasn't easy, you pressed forward.

I thank you for beating the pavement bringing the vote out, and transporting elders to the polls.

I will spend the rest of my presidency honoring your support, and doing what I can to finish what we started.

But I want you to take real pride, as I do, in how we got the chance in the first place.

Today is the clearest proof yet that, against the odds, ordinary Americans can overcome powerful interests.

There's a lot more work to do.

But for right now: Thank you.

Barack

We really put in long hours.  I worked with a woman who flew in from California to work Florida as she said she knew that Cali was already in the bag.   Dedicated workers and volunteers doing as much as possible to keep the Mormon cultist from winning the White-House...and it was a close election, not electorally, but overall.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 01:30:59 PM by truetrini SC »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 07, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
I am glad those bible holding Republicans/Tea party red necks did not win...

Good for Obama. I just hope his foreign policy does not continue to be a representation of the "old white man".

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 07, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »
Despite voting in a black president for the 2nd time, this country have some racist and ignorant modaforkers boy.
They all over twitter and facebook.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Will President Obama be re-elected?
« Reply #258 on: November 07, 2012, 04:48:51 PM »
Despite voting in a black president for the 2nd time, this country have some racist and ignorant modaforkers boy.

In the next 50 years America will be a mainly mixed country. They fraid
Youtube Channel

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 07, 2012, 05:13:54 PM »
The man is a boss!!!  I seeing all them talking heads on the TV saying how the election close and making the thing sound like real drama, but Nate Silver's polls/statistics never gave that impression......

hhhhhhhmmm ah wonder how good he is at picking Lotto numbers??..... ;D

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/nate-silver-obama-reelection_n_2086556.html?ref=topbar&utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false#sb=229637,b=facebook
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
Ent! They does come out brave on social media but will never express they self in person.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 07, 2012, 07:02:21 PM »
getting the vote out in Virginia, Ohio and Florida was a big reason for the victory.  Early voting we led 2-1 in most areas.

We were well organized and pounding the pavements two months before the election.  Phone calls, mailers and emails as wella s social media.  This was the best organized DCC campaign I was ever involved in.
Thanks bredda for your dedication and sacrificing your time in FL....it all paid off in the end :beermug:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 07, 2012, 08:58:52 PM »
The Irony of the Presidential Election
Nov 7th 2012 6:51PM

By all accounts, one of the defining differences in the election was “The Ground Game” . The outreach by the 2 candidates to reach voters “on the ground”, in their homes, on their phones, wherever it was possible to make a possible contact. Once the contact was made, the goal was to get them to the polls to vote for their candidate.

You would think that the candidate with the most business experience would be best prepared to build a national organization that ran like clock work and made the final difference in the election. You would be wrong.

In the 2008 election President Obama was able to utilize social media as a call to action and funding and gain a huge advantage over the Republican candidate who couldn’t match the online advantage that President Obama created.

In this election it appears that President Obama was able to gain re-election by putting together a national organization that only raised the same amount of funds as the Republican candidate, but was able to better use that funding to put together a ground game “business plan” that was not only better than the Republicans, but had better messaging, voter connection and was better planned, implemented, distributed and executed on than their “far better business people” Republicans.

oh the irony
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:07:43 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 07, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Obama 2012 reinvented campaigning; but can the model be duplicated?
by Addisu Demissie | November 7, 2012 at 1:28 PM

A volunteer claps during political speeches at the Obama For America Wilson Field Office before marching to a local polling precinct for the first day of early voting on October 18, 2012 in Wilson, North Carolina. (Photo by Sara D. Davis/Getty Images)

Barack Obama will never be on a ballot again, but after his big victory last night, many will ask if the Obama campaign model can ever be replicated, or if is it the result of a once-in-a-generation candidate and circumstance.  I think the better question is: can future Democratic campaigns afford not to try?

One of the first lessons I learned as a political operative is that no matter the campaign, there are only three ways to win an election: register new supporters, persuade potential supporters, or turn out existing supporters.  The question for every campaign leadership team is to figure out how many resources (if any) and which tactics to use in pursuit of each.

In early 2011, the Obama campaign made a decision to make a big bet in the so-called “ground game” – or what people in the business simply call “field” – as a key component of their overall strategy on all three fronts.  Over the last two years, thousands of paid staffers fanned out to the far corners of battleground states to register, persuade and turn out Obama supporters.  Last night, that strategy was vindicated.

To me, the legacy of the 2012 campaign will be that effort and what it means for the future of the Democratic Party and presidential politics.

While the press usually speaks of the ground game in generalities – “thousands of phone calls,” “hundreds of volunteers,” “countless hours,” and so forth – good campaigns are obsessive about precision in their numbers. Campaigns are also typically very reluctant to release those numbers to the public or press – partially because it is valuable strategic information and partially because snapshots of field numbers don’t necessarily look or sound impressive.

But last Saturday, less than 100 hours before polls closed, the trio of organizers at the top of the Obama field hierarchy – Battleground States Director Mitch Stewart, National Field Director Jeremy Bird and their chief deputy Marlon Marshall – gave us insight into the scope and scale of what Obama 2012 was able to produce using real and incredibly impressive numbers. (Full disclosure: as former OFA Political Director, I’ve worked closely with all three of them in the past, and count them all as friends.) I won’t go into all of them here (you can read for yourself)  but they are truly staggering, well surpassing the 2008 Obama campaign on every level. But perhaps most important is the way that change was achieved.

One sentence towards the end of Stewart, Bird, and Marshall’s memo captures it well:

“Ours is a people-centered, data-driven campaign that has built small, manageable neighborhood teams run by talented volunteers and supported by amazing field organizers who know the exact number of votes they need to win in their precincts.”

This seems so simple, yet it must be said clearly: never, in the history of presidential politics, in either party, has field organizing been done in such a people-centered, data-driven way.  On the strength of his message, personality, and record – and with the help of thousands of dedicated field staffers and volunteers – Barack Obama built a campaign organization unlike any other in American history.

One of the core beliefs of the Obama team – from the president on down – is that personal contact from a neighbor or an acquaintance is the most effective way to recruit a volunteer or deliver a message.  OFA had the time, the resources and, perhaps most importantly, the belief in organizing at the neighborhood level – to embed itself in communities, build infrastructure, and empower volunteers to take real leadership roles in the campaign.  For five years, OFA has recruited, trained, tested and empowered its most committed supporters to serve in roles that would normally be reserved for paid staff.

Read More Here....
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:06:52 PM by elan »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 08, 2012, 12:33:32 AM »
The Irony of the Presidential Election
Nov 7th 2012 6:51PM

By all accounts, one of the defining differences in the election was “The Ground Game” . The outreach by the 2 candidates to reach voters “on the ground”, in their homes, on their phones, wherever it was possible to make a possible contact. Once the contact was made, the goal was to get them to the polls to vote for their candidate.

You would think that the candidate with the most business experience would be best prepared to build a national organization that ran like clock work and made the final difference in the election. You would be wrong.

In the 2008 election President Obama was able to utilize social media as a call to action and funding and gain a huge advantage over the Republican candidate who couldn’t match the online advantage that President Obama created.

In this election it appears that President Obama was able to gain re-election by putting together a national organization that only raised the same amount of funds as the Republican candidate, but was able to better use that funding to put together a ground game “business plan” that was not only better than the Republicans, but had better messaging, voter connection and was better planned, implemented, distributed and executed on than their “far better business people” Republicans.

oh the irony

uh huh. the conservatard media has continually mocked him for being a 'community organizer'. these people are completely deluded by the wealth doctrine. understand that in the political arena romney's skill set pales in comparison to bama's ability to organize labour.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 08, 2012, 04:53:25 AM »
So uuuummmm anybody see or hear from Daft Trini yet?  :devil: ;D  And the other one....ribbit??  (ah not sure is he)....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 08, 2012, 05:08:24 AM »
Now that Mr Obama's name will not be on another ballot, do you think this gives him more power flexibility to do 'more"?

What ever happened to that Donald fella?  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: Was he fired?

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 08, 2012, 10:14:49 AM »
Now that Mr Obama's name will not be on another ballot, do you think this gives him more power flexibility to do 'more"?

What ever happened to that Donald fella?  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl: Was he fired?
His supporters sorrounded him with a republican army in the house so real talk he cya really do anything. Unfortunately its another 4 years of blame it on Bush and the republicans .  I hope the best, cause I eh wah see the man flop but this should be an education tip to the  jackass dem who went out and vote for Obama next time you assholes need to vote straight democrat or straight republican, and jes dont go say I voting for the president I eh worry bout the rest otherwise we guh be stuck in the same situation we in right now.. People dont understand politics thats why we are in the situation we in right now.  i does try to educate dem a little but they doh have time to listen mi they think I does be high .. dem eh know weed does gave mi knowlege and wisdom....

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 08, 2012, 11:42:23 AM »
So uuuummmm anybody see or hear from Daft Trini yet?  :devil: ;D  And the other one....ribbit??  (ah not sure is he)....

I dey, ah was busy hiding meh money in the Kamlayan Islands and Swiss bank accounts!

Eff True Trini (on your VA game) :beermug:, Bakes  :beermug: and all de Obummer Supporters  :beermug: (j/k)

Real tired and worn out from this campaign.

Worked real hard to elect George Allen, the DCC had a better ground game, every time we think we had an upper hand in VA, we got blitz and our asses handed to us on the final day. As I said to lefty a while back, putting money where I tort it had growth, but Allen lost, so some rethinking has to be done on this gamble. Romney and the Va strategy was so forking poor, I was confused about who they were running against at times. Time to get the Old heads out of the GOP.  :beermug:

Is Obummer gonna still be blaming bush or himself for the economy he inherited this time? All Hail Comrade Barack!  :devil:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:47:31 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 08, 2012, 12:01:44 PM »
Daft as long as d GOP keep appealing to questionable groups of people they will have a problem, dey need to low the religious nuts, confederates, sexist or will continue to have issues going forward. d demographic of america doh fit d GOP as it stands anymore..........I sure that far apart from Obama management skills d biggist problem for many repubs have is d color of d man skin.
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>