March 28, 2024, 07:47:43 AM

Author Topic: Barack Obama Thread  (Read 48270 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will President Obama be re-elected?
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2012, 01:46:29 PM »
The problem with most white ppl is that they feel history started with the greeks. before the greeks they have no nothing to do with history, only biblical history.

i guess that's why when nopoleon went to egypt he nearly blow ah gasket when he saw that the sphinx had ah big yam nose, so he take ah shot @ it with a cannon ball to hide history.

he had no previous inclinations that the ancient egyptians were niggers, and when he found out he could not contain his disappointment. 

this is only the beginning, white man have ah lot more disappointment coming their way when the chinese and the indians rise to the top like cream, bc jump high jump low, they will be the new world super powers in ah very near future.      :devil: :devil:

andre ah taking ah borrow.      ah love it!   :rotfl: :rotfl:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 01:52:55 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 12, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »
Allyuh get ketch by the Daily Currant.
I think that might be the 2nd one I see on here.
If allyuh would get in the habit of posting the url, then it would be easy to see.
I hope Elan objective was to rile allyuh up.

http://dailycurrant.com/about/

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.
Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your newstories real?
A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

Q. What distinguishes TDC from other satirical newsources?
A. There are three primary differences between TDC and its competitors:
TDC is an international publication written from a global perspective.
As an online-only title we seek to extensively cover the technology sector, internet culture, and social media,.
We attempt as often as possible to satirize issues of social relevance in order to influence the global discourse.

Q.  What is the purpose of the "Take Action" links at the end of the articles?
A. The Daily Currant believes that satire can be an important tool for raising awareness of important political, social, and economic issues. On selected articles we include links to NGOs who are trying to solve the problem at the heart of the article and we encourage our readers to become involved. In some instances we may directly connect our readers with the Twitter accounts of organizations or people mentioned in our articles.

Q. What is the origin of the name "The Daily Currant ?
A. The name is a play on words. In English the words courant, current, and currant are often pronounced identically.
Courant is a Dutch loan word that for a time was a popular name for newspapers. The UK's The Daily Courant was the first newspaper in the English langauge, and The Hartford Courant is the oldest American newspaper still in publication.
Current as an adjective means "Belonging to the present time; happening or being used or done now" and is often used in the context of  news as in "current affairs" or "current events". As a noun current may refer literally to an electrical current, and metaphorically to technology. Or literally to ocean currents and metaphorically to strong slowly changing trends in society.
Currant is a type of fruit known scientifically as Ribes which produce edible sour berries. The distinctive color of redcurrants (Ribes rubrum)  lends the newspaper its color scheme.
The name is thus intended to sound like a newspaper, but is spelled like the fruit in a subtle reference to the newspaper's satirical nature.

Q. Your motto is "cauta est et ab illis incipit uxor". What does this mean?
A. The motto is a quote from Juvnal's Satire VI. The phrase literally means "the wife plans ahead and begins with them." The line directly preceding it is the much more famous  "quis custodiet ipsos
custodes" or "who watches the watchers?"  The motto is thus a tongue-in-cheek reference to both The Daily Currant's mission to hold the powerful to account and its satirical nature.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 12, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
"Of course I agree with half of what he does,"  Buchanan answered, "He's half white! That's not the half I'm worried about."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That part real funny. Staright out of Chris Rock
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:29:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 12, 2012, 05:45:31 PM »
"Of course I agree with half of what he does,"  Buchanan answered, "He's half white! That's not the half I'm worried about."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

That part real funny. Staright out of Chris Rock
Yuh mean this is ah forkin parody??    :frustrated:

well forkin done elan, yuh dunce!  :cursing:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 12, 2012, 05:56:45 PM »
ah hear a setta states file petitions to secede
I pity the fool....

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 12, 2012, 06:01:17 PM »
ah hear a setta states file petitions to secede

Not states, individuals in states put up petitions on the white house site.
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

Symbolic protest. The equivalent of liberals saying they was moving to Canada when GWB get reelected.

It is amusing though:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/11/12/states-petition-obama-administration-to-secede/

Secession petitions filed on White House Web site
Posted by Rachel Weiner on November 12, 2012 at 11:23 am

From states across the country, Americans have filed petitions on the White House Web site seeking to secede from the union and form new state governments.

While most of the petitions come from states that supported Mitt Romney in last week’s election, a few swing states and even the deep blue Northeast are represented.

Petitions have been filed for Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.

“We petition the Obama Administration to peacefully grant the State of Alabama to withdraw from the United States of America and create its own new government,” reads the Alabama petition. The following text is the same in most of the 20 filed so far:

As the founding fathers of the United States of America made clear in the Declaration of Independence in 1776:
“When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.”
“…Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and institute new Government…”

Most of the petitions have a few thousand signatures; many signers appear to be from other states. Under the “We the People” program, launched last year, the White House will respond to any petition that receives 25,000 or more signatures within 30 days. Anyone over the age of 13 can create a petition. Previous popular petitions demanded the White House beer recipe (success) and marijuana legalization (no success).

The petitions from Louisiana and Texas, however, are approaching the threshold for a response. They were the first two states represented, followed by Alabama. Petitioners only have to put a first name and last initial on the site.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (R) raised the idea of secession back in 2009, but he has since made clear that he has no interest in it. Tennessee Rep. Zach Wamp (R) suggested in 2010 that some states might have to “consider separation from this government” should the leadership in Washington not change. ”I hope that the American people will go to the ballot box in 2010 and 2012 so that states are not forced to consider separation from this government,” he said.

Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 12, 2012, 06:11:45 PM »
Americans like a setta stupid drama yes
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #307 on: November 12, 2012, 06:53:51 PM »
One of the things about the US having a black president is the fact that it continues to expose how racist and divided by race this country continues to be.
Yeah I am sure some people voted for him because of his race, in the first place, but once things don't work out the way the expected, the first thing they look to, is his race as the reason. This US, in my opinion will forever be backwards no matter how much of a world power it is considered.  God forbid if you happen to be of mixed race, you get it from both/all sides. Ridiculous!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 12, 2012, 08:17:58 PM »
One of the things about the US having a black president is the fact that it continues to expose how racist and divided by race this country continues to be.
Yeah I am sure some people voted for him because of his race, in the first place, but once things don't work out the way the expected, the first thing they look to, is his race as the reason. This US, in my opinion will forever be backwards no matter how much of a world power it is considered.  God forbid if you happen to be of mixed race, you get it from both/all sides. Ridiculous!

Good post Tranquil aka Giggsy
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 12, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »
I seriously doubt any non-black person voted for Obama "because of his race".  Many black people may have done that... but why would a non-black person vote for him because he's black... because they want to see a black president?  Unlikely.  Also, based on criticism of the President thus far... very few, if ANYBODY is saying he failed because he's black.  The US so backwards but this is where allyuh choose to live...what that say about allyuh reasoning?  Get up and move tuh ah more "forward" or progressive country if that's the case.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2012, 10:32:48 AM »
I seriously doubt any non-black person voted for Obama "because of his race".  Many black people may have done that... but why would a non-black person vote for him because he's black... because they want to see a black president?  Unlikely.  Also, based on criticism of the President thus far... very few, if ANYBODY is saying he failed because he's black.  The US so backwards but this is where allyuh choose to live...what that say about allyuh reasoning?  Get up and move tuh ah more "forward" or progressive country if that's the case.

Bakes, I kinda agree, but I think yuh oversimplify.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2012, 10:51:30 AM »
OP-ED COLUMNIST
Romney Is President
By MAUREEN DOWD
Published: November 10, 2012 403 Comments
Fred R. Conrad/The New York Times

IT makes sense that Mitt Romney and his advisers are still gobsmacked by the fact that they’re not commandeering the West Wing.

(Though, as the "Daily Show” correspondent John Oliver jested, the White House might have been one of the smaller houses Romney ever lived in.)

Team Romney has every reason to be shellshocked. Its candidate, after all, resoundingly won the election of the country he was wooing.

Mitt Romney is the president of white male America.

Maybe the group can retreat to a man cave in a Whiter House, with mahogany paneling, brown leather Chesterfields, a moose head over the fireplace, an elevator for the presidential limo, and one of those men’s club signs on the phone that reads: “Telephone Tips: ‘Just Left,’ 25 cents; ‘On His Way,’ 50 cents; ‘Not here,’ $1; ‘Who?’ $5.”

In its delusional death spiral, the white male patriarchy was so hard core, so redolent of country clubs and Cadillacs, it made little effort not to alienate women. The election had the largest gender gap in the history of the Gallup poll, with Obama winning the vote of single women by 36 percentage points.

As W.’s former aide Karen Hughes put it in Politico on Friday, “If another Republican man says anything about rape other than it is a horrific, violent crime, I want to personally cut out his tongue.”

Some Republicans conceded they were “a ‘Mad Men’ party in a ‘Modern Family’ world” (although “Mad Men” seems too louche for a candidate who doesn’t drink or smoke and who apparently dated only one woman). They also acknowledged that Romney’s strategists ran a 20th-century campaign against David Plouffe’s 21st-century one.

But the truth is, Romney was an unpalatable candidate. And shocking as it may seem, his strategists weren’t blowing smoke when they said they were going to win; they were just clueless.

Until now, Republicans and Fox News have excelled at conjuring alternate realities. But this time, they made the mistake of believing their fake world actually existed. As Fox’s Megyn Kelly said to Karl Rove on election night, when he argued against calling Ohio for Obama: “Is this just math that you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better?”

Romney and Tea Party loonies dismissed half the country as chattel and moochers who did not belong in their “traditional” America. But the more they insulted the president with birther cracks, the more they tried to force chastity belts on women, and the more they made Hispanics, blacks and gays feel like the help, the more these groups burned to prove that, knitted together, they could give the dead-enders of white male domination the boot.

The election about the economy also sounded the death knell for the Republican culture wars.

Romney was still running in an illusory country where husbands told wives how to vote, and the wives who worked had better get home in time to cook dinner. But in the real country, many wives were urging husbands not to vote for a Brylcreemed boss out of a ’50s boardroom whose party was helping to revive a 50-year-old debate over contraception.

Just like the Bushes before him, Romney tried to portray himself as more American than his Democratic opponent. But America’s gallimaufry wasn’t knuckling under to the gentry this time.

If 2008 was about exalting the One, 2012 was about the disenchanted Democratic base deciding: “We are the Ones we’ve been waiting for.”

Last time, Obama lifted up the base with his message of hope and change; this time the base lifted up Obama, with the hope he will change. He has not led the Obama army to leverage power, so now the army is leading Obama.

When the first African-American president was elected, his supporters expected dramatic changes. But Obama feared that he was such a huge change for the country to digest, it was better if other things remained status quo. Michelle played Laura Petrie, and the president was dawdling on promises. Having Joe Biden blurt out his support for gay marriage forced Obama’s hand.

The president’s record-high rate of deporting illegal immigrants infuriated Latinos. Now, on issues from loosening immigration laws to taxing the rich to gay rights to climate change to legalizing pot, the country has leapt ahead, pulling the sometimes listless and ruminating president by the hand, urging him to hurry up.

More women voted than men. Five women were newly elected to the Senate, and the number of women in the House will increase by at least three. New Hampshire will be the first state to send an all-female delegation to Congress. Live Pink or Dye.

Meanwhile, as Bill Maher said, “all the Republican men who talked about lady parts during the campaign, they all lost.”

The voters anointed a lesbian senator, and three new gay congressmen will make a total of five in January. Plus, three states voted to legalize same-sex marriage. Chad Griffin, the president of the Human Rights Campaign, told The Washington Post’s Ned Martel that gays, whose donations helped offset the Republican “super PACs,” wanted to see an openly gay cabinet secretary and an openly gay ambassador to a G-20 nation.

Bill O’Reilly said Obama’s voters wanted “stuff.” He was right. They want Barry to stop bogarting the change.
Back in Trini...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 17, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 17, 2012, 10:51:22 PM »

Barack and McKayla are not impressed.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 18, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »
Bakes, I kinda agree, but I think yuh oversimplify.
Yeah?  What part of what I said is an oversimplification?

1]; } ?>