March 28, 2024, 07:56:45 AM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 78615 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
The Leo Beenhakker Thread.
« on: March 31, 2005, 05:10:10 PM »
Leo Beenhakker is New Head Coach of T&T senior team.
By: Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Press Officer.
[/size]

Leo Beenhakker is the new Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Football Team and former captain Russell Latapy will be returning to the set up as Assistant Coach as one my several decisions taken by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation’s Technical Advisory Committee on Thursday.
Under the Chairmanship of Mr. Rudolph Thomas, Vice President of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation, the Technical Advisory Committee of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation comprising of Messrs. Lincoln Phillips, Technical Director, Dr. Alvin Henderson, and Mohammed Isa met with the Technical Staff of Team Trinidad and Tobago at 9:30 a.m. today, 31st March, 2005.  Also in attendance were Messrs. Richard Groden, General Secretary of the TTFF and Jack Warner, TTFF Special Advisor.
Following that meeting the members of the Technical Advisory Committee met with the players of Team Trinidad and Tobago.
The primary purpose of both meetings was to outline the way forward for the team and both of which were very fruitful.

The following decisions were taken:

Manager of Team Trinidad & Tobago, Bruce Aanensen, former Deputy Manager of RBTT.

Assistant Manager with special responsibility for Player Relations, George Joseph.

Assistant Manager with special responsibility for Logistics and player apparel, Joseph ‘Sam’ Phillips.

Head Coach: Leo Beenhakker, former Manager of Holland National Team and former Coach of Real Madrid FC.

Assistant Coaches: David Nakhid and Russell Latapy.

N.B. All appointees have accepted their respective appointments subject to details which are being finalised.  Mr.Beenhakker is expected to arrive in Trinidad on April 4th, 2005 while Mr. Latapy will be shortly relocated to Trinidad.
With the exception of Team Doctor, Dr. Terrence Babwah and Zephyrinus Nicholas, Team Physiotherapist, all other previous appointments on the Technical Staff of Team Trinidad and Tobago have been terminated with immediate effect. In the consequence of the foregoing, Mr. Ron La Forest has been reassigned as Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Olympic Team.
Further relevant announcements will be made in due course.
Please find attached a copy of the CV of Leo Beenhakker and the Team’s training schedule for May, 2005.

Respectfully Submitted:

Richard Groden.
General Secretary.

Curriculum Vitae – Leo Beenhakker.
Name Leo Beenhakker 'Don Leo'
DOB 2 August 1942, Rotterdam, Nederland
Country Nederland
CLUBS Tediro, Xerxes, Zwart Wit'28; SV Epe, Go Ahead Eagles, SC Cambuur, Feyenoord,Ajax, Real Zaragoza, FC Volendam, Nederland, Real Madrid, Grasshoppers, Saoedi-Arabië, América, Istanbulspor, Guadalajara, Vitesse, Feyenoord.

SEIZOEN   PRIJS/TITEL TEAM   ALS SPELER:

1979/'80  Nederlands landskampioen Ajax
1986/'87  Spaans landskampioen Real Madrid
1987/'88  Spaans landskampioen Real Madrid
1988/'89  Spaans landskampioen Real Madrid
1988/'89  Spaanse beker Real Madrid
1989/'90  Nederlands landskampioen Ajax
1998/'99  Nederlands landskampioen Feyenoord
1999/2000 Nederlandse supercup Feyenoord

SEIZOEN   CLUB   DIVISIE  ALS TRAINER:

1965/'66  SV Epe  (NedAm)
1966/'67  SV Epe   (NedAm)

ALS ASSISTENT-TRAINER:

1967/'68  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )
1968/'69  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )
1969/'70  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )
1970/'71  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )
1971/'72  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )

ALS TRAINER:

1972/'73  SC Cambuur (Ned )
1973/'74  SC Cambuur (Ned )
1974/'75  SC Cambuur (Ned )
 "  /' "  geen club
1975/'76  Go Ahead Eagles (Ned )
 "  /' "  geen club
          ALS JEUGDTRAINER:
1976/'77  Feyenoord (Ned1)
1977/'78  Feyenoord (Ned1)
1978/'79  Ajax (Ned1) ALS TRAINER:
1979/'80  Ajax (Ned1)
1980/'81  Ajax (Ned1)
 "  /' "  geen club
1981/'82  Real Zaragoza  (Spa)
1982/'83  Real Zaragoza  (Spa)
1983/'84  Real Zaragoza  (Spa)
1984/'85  FC Volendam (Ned1)
1985      Nederland
1986/'87  Real Madrid (Spa)
1987/'88  Real Madrid (Spa)
1988/'89  Ajax (Ned)
1990      Nederland
1990/'91  Ajax (Ned)
1991/'92  Ajax (Ned)
 "  /' "  Real Madrid  (Spa)
1992/'93  Grasshoppers  (Zwi)
1993/'94  geen club
 "  /' "  Saudi-Arabië
 "  /' "  geen club
1994/'95  América (Mex)
1995/'96  Istanbulspor (Tur)
 "  /' "  Guadalajara (Mex)
1996/'97  Vitesse (Ned1)

ALS TECHNISCH DIRECTEUR:

"  /' "  Vitesse (Ned1)
1997/'98  Vitesse  (Ned1)

ALS TRAINER:

"  /' "  Feyenoord  (Ned1)
1998/'99  Feyenoord (Ned1)
1999/2000 Feyenoord  (Ned1)
 "  / "   geen club (ontslag genomen)
2000/2001 geen club

ALS TECHNISCH DIRECTEUR:

"  / "   Ajax  (Ned1)
2001/2002 Ajax (Ned1)
2002/2003 Ajax (Ned1)
          ALS TRAINER:
 "  / "   América  (Mex1)

Team Trinidad & Tobago Training Schedule:

GAME 1:  Wednesday April 20th  Miami / England

GAME 2:   May 17-25 Camp in Europe

GAME 3:   Sunday May 29th Match vs Digicel All Stars (in Trinidad).

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 06:03:03 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leo Beenhakker is New Head Coach of T&T senior team.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 05:18:16 PM »
LATAPY TOO!  PANAMA YUH DEAD

Reading his CV it look like we need to work on his English lil bit though   ;D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 05:21:50 PM by arrow »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 05:20:09 PM »
VERY INTERESTING.

I have to say I am mightily encouraged by this announcement.

Only thing I have a little reservation about is the Nakhid/Latapy Assistant Coach working in tandem.  These two just had a public spat in the papers with threat of lawsuit and counter suit.  Hopefully they can put aside their difference to work for the betterment of T&T football.

Jack.....yuh done good here.

If it turn out dat Beenhakker turn out to be no better or worse than BSC...I will be de fuss one to eat crow.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 05:22:55 PM »
I agree with palos.  Hiring Beenhakker and Latapy are good moves.  Hopefully Nakhid and Latas can get along.

This is also a good opportunity for Latapy to learn from a very experienced coach so he can improve his coaching skills.

Offline Strip

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 05:26:57 PM »
this is real good positive news -- I hope this is a long term thing that would promote a viable football programme in tnt

definitely a big step forward

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 05:27:44 PM »
Holy Shit........I'm actually impressed......Am I reading a game against England and all? A total revamping of the Technical staff?  
Ok so they looking decent....hope it works out
Two islands are better than one.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 05:30:59 PM »
nah that is a match against Miami in England!

Just kidding, I think that mean we will play a friendly match either in Miami or England against somebody on April 20.  England is not touring the US until the summer.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 05:32:03 PM »
I was wonderin de same ting Socafan wit respeck to de England ting

Now it say

April 20....Miami / England

While de oddahs say Camp in England and T&T vs Digicel All Stars

Maybe we playin somebody in Miami OR England but de opponent yet to be announced

Ah thinkin dat is more likely de case.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 05:40:37 PM »
This appears to be a very encouraging  and positive move BUT credientials is one thing, the ability to work successfully in this cultural context is another.

Many may say that  the only context that one has to relate to is the CULTURE of football. I bring a personal connection; When I left Trinidad in 72 I played on a semi- pro teami n Canada. It had players from: West Germany, England, Italy, Scotland ,Wales, Jamacia, Fiji, and Canada. The canadians played goal and defense(boom kickers). We were successful as football was our common 'Culture' and we were all adjusting to a Canadian culture.

My hope is that the nature of  the sport will have all on the same page, however one would be remiss to negate the cultural shifts in thinking, playing, and in the way we approach games. I am not saying it is wrong, it is just different and any coach must acknowledge that, work within the confines of what is there and add to it. Imposing atotally different style at this time may not work to our benefit but improving and fostering what we have may take us through. Obviously our foreign based players may have an edge having  played under foreign European type thinking.

These are just my opinions.
Respectfully submitted. Thanks

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 06:02:07 PM »
AlbertaTrini , doh worry broder..ah tink we safe...if meh boy cudda coach in all Turkey, Spain and Mexico and ting...ah tink he is such a successful professional that he will adapt well to our culture and brand of football.

One ting bout dem dutch, dey duz take dey training and tactics serious...our game will be lifted in at least 2 months I guarantee.  He will even bring players' individual technique up to par.  They also doh play too much long ball and ting. Dey like a nice buildup with short pssing that is our strength. 

And when he get a look at Latas runnin' out....yuh doh tink Latas wouldn't geh back dat #10 again.  He have no bias..and looking for pure technique and football brains....dis is not what St.Clair practiced....dis rel encouragin'..I excited. ;D

Hope Latas and Nakhid get along though.

I eh like how dey discard Licoln Phillips though, he was one to keep for the future to change our preparations and professionalism at all levels.  Hope they find a role for him.

AH LOVE THIS MOVE!

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 06:05:44 PM »
Alberta

About that Culture thing.....He is Dutch and he get tru in Mexico, Spain, Turkey and he qualify Saudi Arabia for a WC.

Breds them countries harder to adjust to than TT. As one can see Language is not a problem because it ent look like he could speak none of them. ;D

I want yuh to realise this, the only football culture we have here in Trinidad is a LOSING one, and one of mediocrity

We look no different from any of the other Caribbean islands in terms of beat and shift, lack of technical ability, or tactical awareness. We have none.Breds St Kitts and St Vincent look much better than us in all the games we play against them, its just we win by luck. Cuba is the best Caribbean team right now and if they had a lil more money or gotten a favourable draw they woulda be in this WC Hex instead of us.
I have seen plenty Haitians and Jamaicans who can drag and spanner a player, they like the same beat we do. The only thing is they not sorf like we.

Gally had a brand of kaisocasoccer and he had the Strike squad playing a system but to say we have a Football Culture that is anything for a Foreigner to admire and leave alone, that ent happening.

I want Leo to come and change all the poor trapping, poor passing, dunce football that we playing and I want him teach all the players to learn to shoot with either foot. I want to see evidence of a Free kick and a set play with some kinda thought and I want it executed well, so even if it ent score you could at least say...whey I see what he try, that was creative.

Plus as he is a foreigner he ent taking no shit from none of them player....Yorke right down, so this means non performers will get the bench and I also think those locals who were deserving of a place in the side will also get a chance. Also I am sure he will have no qualms in Benching Stern.

I excited.If I get chance I want to go a coaching session, just to see a big coach at work.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 06:06:21 PM »
They did not discard Lincoln Phillips.

Leo Beenhakker is the new Head Coach of the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Football Team and former captain Russell Latapy will be returning to the set up as Assistant Coach as one my several decisions taken by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation’s Technical Advisory Committee on Thursday.
Under the Chairmanship of Mr. Rudolph Thomas, Vice President of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation, the Technical Advisory Committee of the Trinidad & Tobago Football Federation comprising of Messrs. Lincoln Phillips, Technical Director, Dr. Alvin Henderson, and Mohammed Isa met with the Technical Staff of Team Trinidad and Tobago at 9:30 a.m. today, 31st March, 2005.

I still gettin kicks on de "As one of MY several decisions taken by the TTFF Technical Advisory Committee" quote.

Jack sweet wee.  Techinical Advistory Committe of ONE.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 06:07:16 PM »
I eh like how dey discard Licoln Phillips though, he was one to keep for the future to change our preparations and professionalism at all levels. Hope they find a role for him.

Lincoln is still there, the changes that have been made were only to the senior team management.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2005, 06:10:23 PM »
Touches I have to agree whloeheartly with what you just posted. I am looking forward to tyese next games. I just bring that up so we eh go make the same mistakes from the past. Let's also not forget that  the culture is just an intangible.

The skill improvement and areas of football is salient to all but we need a man  like Latas to work along side to  complete that cultural part.

If anything the man go get INSTANT RESPECT coming along and he eh go take we kaka.
 My opinions
Respectfully submitted.

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2005, 06:10:48 PM »
good ah glad bout that ;D

Wa vibez JDB? 8)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2005, 06:11:05 PM »
I want Leo to come and change all the poor trapping, poor passing, dunce football that we playing and I want him teach all the players to learn to shoot with either foot. I want to see evidence of a Free kick and a set play with some kinda thought and I want it executed well, so even if it ent score you could at least say...whey I see what he try, that was creative.

I want to him to draught a plan for a system of training coaches and youngsters in T&T. During breaks let hime run courses in C of E, let as many local football people as possible get into contact with this man.

Alberta...yuh cracking meh up with that "respectfully submitted" yes. No hard feelings pardner.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 06:14:14 PM by JDB »

Offline Vic

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2005, 06:17:27 PM »
I'm speechless.....however, extremely encouraged. I was expecting Keegan or Taylor, but Beenhakker is a strong selection. "Total Football" is his mantra as well, so I expect to strongly see the training philosophies implemented by Ajax at work here. This is a great move for our football. Let's see how Latas functions in this arena. Good luck T&T!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2005, 06:37:02 PM »
Well boy Jack yuh pull off a master stroke. I herad Keegan was first choice but God must be a Trini. That is like playing Mexico in Mexico shooting from 40 yards the ball gone over the bar and the ref give yuh the goal and yuh win 1-0  ;D

Why they wait till now to make such a move?

One thing is for sure this eh no yes man. He have "f**k off money" What that means is he eh need no one and will not stand for shit.

Much respected in coaching circles, has not been active for a while in coaching, but none the less a respected & proven coach. He is a hard task master and players who do not pull their weight will soon be paying to watch the games. He had a major falling out with Cruyff when he was coach of Ajax and Cruyff was TD of the Club. He then resigned and took over Real only to return some years later to Ajax.
I will say this player better start to study the game inside out because he will demand they " think football" and carry out specific task (that is the Dutch way).
All said I am very pleased as a supporter with this appointment & cannot wait for the first traing sessions, much less the games.
Patriot take some time off and walk wid yuh video camera  ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2005, 06:51:52 PM »
One name conspicuous by it's absence in de list of "Technical Advisors & various Committee Members".

Alvin "Sabotage" Corneal

Will he live down to his middle name in dis situation too or will he support this initiative??

;)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2005, 07:02:57 PM »
Based on record, I would like to say that L.Phillips be retained, but does anyone know where he stood in the decision making process under BSC?

Is there any thought sgiven to retaining his services?

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2005, 07:49:43 PM »
yuh know....if sumbody had made dis post tomorrow ah would dah be cussin dey muddah and nennen fuh makin ah bad joke.....but jeezan what ah signing. The committee of 1 went for broke yes....bring een ah coach with paper and trophies....nobody was tinkin bout he ahtall.....was able tuh get Latas tuh give up he wuk over so....for the benefit of we football.....all dem men who was stickin have tuh be on dey p's and q's....free pass bun...so leh we see...is Yorke.....is Latas....is Nahkid..... and de big horse Leo plus who else Leo mite be bringing......

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2005, 03:31:24 AM »
This is good, but we need more games than that, de coach must get firmiliar with the players etc.....

Lazy man dead.

I could see some under's (Keon, Lara & Tinto) and Nigel Daniel, Ian Gray & Seaton and them making de team now...

Good move Jack.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 03:59:01 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2005, 05:14:13 AM »
We have to thank the whole technical team for this one.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2005, 07:24:48 AM »
Any truth in this.. ?

Among the proposed plans for the team is a clash against England in Miami on April 20, a training camp in Europe from May 17-25 and a home fixture against a Digicel Caribbean All Stars on May 29.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2005, 08:06:21 AM »
read some of the posts above #5,6,7 etc.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2005, 08:27:02 AM »
Great News...
Welcome Mr Leo to T&T... I wish you success with our team and hope you can bring back some pride to T&T... Good Luck and you have many people supporting you...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2005, 08:47:41 AM »
As stated before, I hope THIS relationship last, I will continue saving for 2010, Since ah blow Germany savings last Sunday, or was it Monday.
"The King is Dead, Long live the King"

It is great to see so many happy post. Although I may disagree with the route, I have now choice of accompanying you all to our final destination. Subsequently, if the majority is happy and satisfied, so too it makes our Trip equally satisfying.

let's ride T&T

Now Football seemingly on the way of repair, let's say a prayer for the other social aspects of our society.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2005, 12:15:59 PM »
Great acquistion,but a few notes:

1. we need to organize consistent friendlies. i like that list, especially if it including england!but i think thats not true on that one.

2. they didnt need to fire the whole staff. goalkeeping coach and laforest werent bad. we always feel the need to start completely over.

3. Great move, Jack pulls it off...but again, where did this money come from? all this time i thought we didnt have the funds to get a big time coach  ???
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2005, 12:20:02 PM »
The question is what will become of derick king.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2005, 12:30:13 PM »
With Bertille gone, Derek King will have to be satisfied with club football.

1]; } ?>