April 25, 2024, 05:16:48 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 80132 times)

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker back in charge.
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2013, 06:29:09 AM »
WHAT IF WE WIN THE GOLD CUP?!! WHAT HAPPENS THEN?!!

PM go declare a national holiday...
Leo go get ah house in Federation Park...
Jack go find some way to take credit for the victory...
Corneal and all the old heads go discredit Leo's coaching tactics...
coache go say 'de white boy' shoulda never start every game...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 15, 2013, 07:13:40 AM »
The Tim-kerman: TTFA president explains Beenhakker move
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Italian coach Claudio Ranieri’s penchant for chopping and changing his first team at Chelsea, even when his squad was on a successful run, earned him the sobriquet of “The Tinkerman.”
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president Raymond Tim Kee, who took the helm of the local football body last November, cannot be accused of being afraid to rock the boat or indecisive either.
In December 2012, less than a month into his tenure, Tim Kee controversially inserted then Neal & Massy Caledonia AIA and Guyana national head coach Jamaal Shabazz into the Trinidad and Tobago squad and made him co-head coach alongside former “Strike Squad” standout Hutson “Barber” Charles.
And, just three weeks before kick off in the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Tim Kee sees similarities in his decision to add former Trinidad and Tobago 2006 World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker to the technical staff.

Read more...

PRODUCTIONNNNNNNN.....Tim Kee..I like this article..it relly give some insight into Tim Kee....wait ah lil too long but better late than never....

Agreed. I'm really starting to like this Tim Kee. I must say though, that he/they/TTFA seem to really think a lot of Charles. First bringing in Shabazz to help him and now Beenie (for him to learn from). My one concern is that bringing in Beenie is supposed to make the team more marketable to the local corporate entities, but how is that going to benefit them if these entities know that Beenie is only going to be there for 2 mths and the plans for the post Beenie era haven't been revealed yet? I hope they have something in mind/place and I get the feeling they do.

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 15, 2013, 07:42:49 AM »
You all seem to be forgetting that we didnot qualify with Beenhakker alone. Do we have that same  set up with the experience we had then?
If he does  come and I don't think it will help football in the long term, it will be about saving face in the GC because we no where we are what we are seeing in the other teams! Look at Haiti! But instead of giving our team good support and preparation we wait till the last minute and then trying to save face. Wake up fellas! All we would see is defensive boring football to prevent us from getting too many goals. Is that how we want Trinidad and Tobago to look in our region? Look where we reach?
By the way ah reading Lasana article and I seeing plans to dump Hutson Charles and then they go see what do to with Shabazz and Derek King? What about Anton Corneal? All yuh pack ah glad boys look beneath the surface ! Alvin Corneal son and now Lincoln Phillips son trying to dictate the pace of our future. These guys still trying to run football under their sons underpants. Although they were good players their impact at international level was not as outstanding as the 73 and 89 team . So all they are holding on to is Beenhakker the saviour without recognising that the team who took us to the WC was built on the backs of players of the 73 and 89 team. Wake up fellas and look below the surface.
There is also a Maple connection, long fizzled but still want power and members of that long forgotten team? All past members Tim Kee, Corneal. Lincoln Philliips! I have been observing for the last 50 years football in Trinidad and Tobago , so you can take it with more than a pinch of salt!
We have the ability to solve our problems here! Forget about the GC and start building for the future! Join ranks ! Stop the me and my kin mentality , it is destroying all areas of our society . We have to leave it a better place for our youth.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF woos the Don: Beenhakker considers stunning Warriors return
« Reply #393 on: June 15, 2013, 08:04:24 AM »
ANC2
You are one of the few people on this forum that makes any sense. Those are my thoughts exactly on Latapy's role to help with the qualification. And the talk on the ground was that Jack was sure of Mexico's support because they owed him a favour so they didnot bring a strong team! So they might as well bring back Jack Warner if they wooing Leo!
What about the Technical Director? He staying ? What is his value to the team?

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 15, 2013, 08:27:59 AM »
Wonder what will happen if someone whispers in Don Leo's ear (or shows him some video) that Peltier is a player to be considered?

Interesting times this.

Fitzinho bredda, while totally respecting you viewpoint, they had their chance at the CFU tournament.

Selfishly; I can't handle no embarrassing performance on a big of a stage as the GC...is only so much people could take man :(

the team looked creditable in early qualifying before Shabazz...........that however brings sharply into question what if any control Charles had once Shabazz was brought in ...........and by extension his strength of character in the grand scheme.............given how easily he allowed himself to be pushed asside by the terrorist

Dan, leh we stick to the football nah.  Leh we leave the political thing off this section of the forum. :beermug:
Nothing wrong with that.. We call Leo "the Don" and Shabazz what he really is. I was young when it happened and will never forget. He has no right near anything National!!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:29:47 AM by triniairman »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 15, 2013, 09:08:31 AM »
Once d Don leave d name of a good coach when he leaves I will be happy like pappy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 15, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »
WHAT IF WE WIN THE GOLD CUP?!! WHAT HAPPENS THEN?!!

PM go declare a national holiday...
Leo go get ah house in Federation Park...
Jack go find some way to take credit for the victory...
Corneal and all the old heads go discredit Leo's coaching tactics...
coache go say 'de white boy' shoulda never start every game...

Idleness of de highest order...you like some of de rest of us is ah rell sctippddd (or how ever de ass coache spell it) man :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mixed feelings...Local football experts knock TTFA’s hiring of Beenhakker
« Reply #397 on: June 15, 2013, 11:26:32 AM »
Mixed feelings...Local football experts knock TTFA’s hiring of Beenhakker
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

Several former national players and coaches have expressed a high regard for experienced Dutch coach Leo Beenhakker, but also have mixed feelings about his imminent return to the helm of Trinidad & Tobago football.

Beenhakker, who helped T&T qualify for the FIFA World Cup in 2006, is to take charge of the senior national football team for a short two-month stint, in time for their 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup campaign. The tournament is set for July 8-28 in the United States.

“I took this as a business decision,” TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee said when announcing the Dutchman’s return. Tim Kee explained that at present T&T football simply was not marketable enough to raise revenue. Tim Kee felt a proper good showing at the Gold Cup was one of the first steps in increasing the marketability of T&T football.

But several former national players, including Alvin Corneal, Brian Williams, Clayton Morris and Angus Eve are not sold on Beenhakker’s return. They think that in the long run, the solution is to develop local coaches to begin the 2018 World Cup process.

“I have a real problem with how the local administration handled this one,” Corneal said. “It is an utter lack of respect because these two local coaches have worked their butt(s) off with this team.”

Read More...
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 15, 2013, 11:49:15 AM »
Man crying for local coaches... What have they ever done that makes you want to have a local coach in charge? Is only friend friend thing they like. I almost forgot, they are shitty ass coaches too. The only good local coaches is two foreign born in Fenwick and Connection coach, can't remember his name right now. The rest is shit!! I wonder if they gave Fenwick the wok, what would be the cry from them...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 15, 2013, 11:54:12 AM »
Man crying for local coaches... What have they ever done that makes you want to have a local coach in charge? Is only friend friend thing they like. I almost forgot, they are shitty ass coaches too. The only good local coaches is two foreign born in Fenwick and Connection coach, can't remember his name right now. The rest is shit!! I wonder if they gave Fenwick the wok, what would be the cry from them...

Ent , cant be because they are good, more likely people afraid of hiring foreigners aka White Man. Backward way of thinking.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 15, 2013, 12:05:33 PM »

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 15, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »
I wonder what the response would have been if the storyline was "TTFA arranges for local coaches to get a 2 month internship with top international coach"?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 15, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
I fully understand why these so-called local gurus watching the quality or lack thereof of players in TnT especially at the "Pro" level would be uncomfortable with Beenhakker being there. We live in this culture of mediocrity; we see it in politics, we see it in education and definitely see it in football and other sports. Local coaches are inadequately developing players and they who are part of that developmental process accept this. To accept otherwise would be self indictment.

Offline Trinitozbone

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 15, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
Well well Local players now showing some solidarity! Alvin, Angus eve, Brian Williams and Morris in agreement? Add Gally to that because he had his say first! Even Shabazz sending some mixed messages. Certainly an interesting development. I don't know the reason but is TOTAL DiSResPEcT for your own when you can ask them to work for free and working feverishly to look for sponsors to pay a foreigner for 2 months! I don't care how good he is , the principle is wrong! It is bad industrial practice. Charity begins at home. And what Tim Kee is saying it is a good business decision? So was it bad business decision to hire Shabazz and Charles and King?if these local coaches could break ranks and work together none of this would happen. I hope they
Learning a  lesson. There is strength in U NI T Y!

And by the way   Triniairman , it was Gally who recruited the  now  connection coach Stuart Charkes Fevrier  as a player from St Lucia to play pro in the 70 or 80s I can't remember , with his team and it is his coaching he has been trying to emulate since!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 15, 2013, 12:54:36 PM »
Is Football. That's the way it goes. Who vex well what can i say.

2 months look bad though. That's my main gripe
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: June 15, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
What de arse I see here

But several former national players, including Alvin Corneal, Brian Williams, Clayton Morris and Angus Eve are not sold on Beenhakker’s return. They think that in the long run, the solution is to develop local coaches to begin the 2018 World Cup process.

These fellas want to use the senior national team to develop coaches. Is a joke?
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 15, 2013, 01:23:14 PM »
And by the way   Triniairman , it was Gally who recruited the  now  connection coach Stuart Charkes Fevrier  as a player from St Lucia to play pro in the 70 or 80s I can't remember , with his team and it is his coaching he has been trying to emulate since!

This is so wrong, Stuart Charles Fevrier was recruited from Saint Lucia by deceased Earl "EJ" John at 17 years after he played for Saint Lucia's National u-18 team against Fulham FC of Arima. He played for Fulham for a while & then moved to T&T Pro Pioneers through Selby Brown (Manager) & deceased Arthur "Jap" Brown (Coach). Pro Pioneers was a touring professional team comprising mainly of National players. Pro Pioneers was used as the base for Phoenix Professionals which also included National Team foreign based players, they were also a touring team. Gally was Coach/player on a Central/South American tour in the late 70's. After that tour Fevrier moved to ASL, the first full locally based professional team that participated in local competition.

Offline mukumsplau

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 15, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »
i havent been paying much attention to our preps for gold cup but i vaguely recall a provisional squad being selected...but with beenie in charge....shouldnt he now have a say in that selection?

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 15, 2013, 01:51:56 PM »
What de arse I see here

These fellas want to use the senior national team to develop coaches. Is a joke?

Agreed.

Ultimately i feel a local coach should be a main stay for the senior team but frankly and without apology there is no present local coach who is up to the challenge!!

We trinis hate to face the glaring fact.......We just not good enough.......players and coaches. Yes we have a few individual talents but as a team we not good enough and there isnt any coach with the requiste skill, experience and technical know how to bring the best out of the crop we have.

These guys wanna harp bout how they working for free and they've been doing a good job so far.......what good job? We made it to the GC but unconvincingly really. There isnt a single local coach who has taking it upon himself to go further his coaching education outside. There is NOT ONE LOCAL COACH who's hand can be raised to say ........I've had more training in coaching at an international level

For any job; qualification only gets you the interview......you have to be able to sell yourself ..........these guys cant even get the interview sadly enough.

Yes having the "Don" back for 2 months is a quick fix and we know this........ but these local coaches need to get off there collective asses and go back to school. The world has changed......."doing a good job" is no longer a reason to keep a job. Excellence is required.

PS. Im not condoning not being paid for the job they have done so far.........
 :beermug:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:57:10 PM by Cowen »
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 15, 2013, 02:10:04 PM »
Well well Local players now showing some solidarity! Alvin, Angus eve, Brian Williams and Morris in agreement? Add Gally to that because he had his say first! Even Shabazz sending some mixed messages. Certainly an interesting development. I don't know the reason but is TOTAL DiSResPEcT for your own when you can ask them to work for free and working feverishly to look for sponsors to pay a foreigner for 2 months! I don't care how good he is , the principle is wrong! It is bad industrial practice. Charity begins at home. And what Tim Kee is saying it is a good business decision? So was it bad business decision to hire Shabazz and Charles and King?if these local coaches could break ranks and work together none of this would happen. I hope they

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 15, 2013, 02:15:51 PM »
i havent been paying much attention to our preps for gold cup but i vaguely recall a provisional squad being selected...but with beenie in charge....shouldnt he now have a say in that selection?

The deadline has passed, the squad cannot be altered.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 15, 2013, 03:02:16 PM »

so  they agree to work for free they were not forced no gun eh get put to they head   ....  which respectable professional coach will do that ...... well you know what trinitozbone  anything for free eh good ... and we seeing that with current  results ...... 

i
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 15, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »
Free work with shit results
Youtube Channel

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #413 on: June 15, 2013, 03:20:38 PM »
Newsday reports it's unconfirmed - quotes from Sheldon Phillips - ball is in Beenie's court - nothing is signed yet.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #414 on: June 15, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »
TTFF: Beenhakker not yet confirmed
T&T Express

Story Created: Jun 14, 2013 at 10:02 PM ECT
Story Updated: Jun 15, 2013 at 5:51 AM ECT

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) have said that an agreement is yet to be confirmed with former T&T coach Leo Beenhakker to return to that position for the upcoming CONCACAF Gold Cup. According to a TTFF release yesterday, “there continues to be ongoing dialogue with Leo Beenhakker over his possible re-introduction to local football” as a member of the T&T technical team.

“The TTFA has noted reports in the local media,” the release stated, “but wishes to state that no deal has been finalised with the Dutchman, who led Trinidad and Tobago to its first ever World Cup Finals in Germany in 2006.”

“We are still having discussions with Mr Beenhakker. A deal is imminent, but nothing is confirmed at this time and once an agreement has been reached, an official announcement will  then be made  on the subject at hand,” the release quoted TTFA general secretary Sheldon Phillips as saying yesterday.

The members of the current national senior men’s team staff, including coaches Jamaal Shabazz, Hutson Charles and manager  William Wallace, met with Phillips and President Raymond Tim Kee on Wednesday concerning the matter.

The “Soca Warriors” continue to train at Ato Boldon Stadium, and a training camp will be scheduled for later this month as the country prepares for its opening Gold Cup encounter against El Salvador on July 8th in New Jersey, USA.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 15, 2013, 03:37:51 PM »
You all seem to be forgetting that we didnot qualify with Beenhakker alone. Do we have that same  set up with the experience we had then?
If he does  come and I don't think it will help football in the long term, it will be about saving face in the GC because we no where we are what we are seeing in the other teams! Look at Haiti! But instead of giving our team good support and preparation we wait till the last minute and then trying to save face. Wake up fellas! All we would see is defensive boring football to prevent us from getting too many goals. Is that how we want Trinidad and Tobago to look in our region? Look where we reach?
By the way ah reading Lasana article and I seeing plans to dump Hutson Charles and then they go see what do to with Shabazz and Derek King? What about Anton Corneal? All yuh pack ah glad boys look beneath the surface ! Alvin Corneal son and now Lincoln Phillips son trying to dictate the pace of our future. These guys still trying to run football under their sons underpants. Although they were good players their impact at international level was not as outstanding as the 73 and 89 team . So all they are holding on to is Beenhakker the saviour without recognising that the team who took us to the WC was built on the backs of players of the 73 and 89 team. Wake up fellas and look below the surface.
There is also a Maple connection, long fizzled but still want power and members of that long forgotten team? All past members Tim Kee, Corneal. Lincoln Philliips! I have been observing for the last 50 years football in Trinidad and Tobago , so you can take it with more than a pinch of salt!
We have the ability to solve our problems here! Forget about the GC and start building for the future! Join ranks ! Stop the me and my kin mentality , it is destroying all areas of our society . We have to leave it a better place for our youth.

In the interest of gender-equality, shouldn't that be glad-boys and glad-girls???

And yeah bredda I hear (and respect) all yuh Maple/Corneal and whatever else connection (or conspiracy theories?) but I want my Socawarriors to effing 'represent' we NOW in THIS GC, while I still alive and could feel ah lil sense of pride, like I beseeched before; is that too much to ask :(
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 15, 2013, 04:32:45 PM »
So wait nah, we hotting up we head and fussing but nothing eh sign yet? Stupesssss
I hope the deal gets done sooner rather than later because the GC is right around the corner...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 15, 2013, 04:53:29 PM »
said once and I'll it again our coaches have no analytical and critical thinking skills..........a most important staple in modern football.........I wonder if could even watch analyze and break down an opponent team, and properly profile each player on dat team to come up with a tactics and plans for games...........game in gam out u would see someting dangerous happenin yuh could see d goal comin for d opposition and nothing does change .............nutten, so why then give these  "coaches" ??? preference when they show a complete lack of strategic thinking...............and is years now...........with no change...........
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 15, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
2 and 2 is not always 4.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 15, 2013, 05:55:20 PM »
Ah see allyuh learn ah new word in trinbago now, but ah want tuh ask all who callin ppl out they name like "terrorist", like allyuh eh really seeing who terrorizing the planet for the last 500 yrs??

all this terrorist talk allyuh spewing, any body ever stood up and call the crown government ah terrorist organization? for 200 yrs these ppl went all over the globe and take ppl ting, from china to north america, yet still no body not on them, but they on hirun best who made ah mistake when he was 25, and after that he cleaned up his life and became a productive member of society.

allyuh ppl does kill me yes. doh get me wrong though, im no fan of shabbaz, and that's bc of the way he behaved when we was going up against guyana, the indignant way he talked about pfister and how he showed his arse was disgusting to say the least, and that's where i have a problem with him, but not for what he did in 1990, hek i might have done the same if i was there @ the time.

i think traitor would be ah better name for him.   ;)

any gov't worth their salt would have suicided them
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>