March 28, 2024, 03:01:10 PM

Author Topic: The Leo Beenhakker Thread.  (Read 78623 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Shaka backs Beenhakker’s return.
« Reply #480 on: June 26, 2013, 01:52:05 AM »
Shaka backs Beenhakker’s return.
T&T Express Reports.

Former National captain and goalkeeper Shaka Hislop is all in support of the return of Dutchman Leo Beenhakker to the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) set up.

Beenhakker has been appointed Director of Football for a six-month period in the first instance and Hislop, now an ESPN analyst, covering an assessing some the world’s best managers, teams and players, said he welcomes Beenhakker back to Trinidad and Tobago with opened arms.

“I’m a huge Leo Beenhaker fan. I maintain he’s the best coach, bar none, that I’ve worked under. I welcome having him back, in any capacity,” Hislop told TTFA media.

Hislop wants Beenhakker to play an integral part in developing the team for the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign, and essentially the overall development of all national teams, which is exactly what the TTFA has in mind with his appointment, despite the fact that a six-month deal has been put on the table initially.

“As much as it immediately precedes the Gold Cup, I don’t think that is or should be our focus as to the direction our football is heading. Our focus should always be consistently qualifying for World Cups, and at the very worst competing, really competing, in the final stages of World Cup qualifying. 

“I understand,” Hislop continued, “why some coaches wouldn’t support the move. The underlying issue really is the disconnect between the TTFA and the Ministry of Sport. With a clearer understanding of respective roles and responsibilities for both the Association and the Ministry, and clearer expectations for coaches, we wouldn’t be having this discussion.”

Hislop stands by Tim Kee’s decision making regarding the introduction of Beenhakker and new head coach Stephen Hart. Hislop said TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee could not be faulted for his decision making and believes it was all genuine.

“I truly sympathise with the positions of Charles and Shabazz, I really do. They gave for our country’s football in a manner that not many else would have done, especially so given the uncertain circumstance around our football for far too long.

But similarly, the TTFA, through its president Mr Tim Kee, will have to make unpopular decisions from time to time. As long as those decisions are made genuinely in the best interest of the game, I won’t criticise. And everything I’ve seen and experienced first-hand from Mr Tim Kee tells me he acts genuinely,” Hislop stated.

Hislop added that he didn’t know a great deal about Hart but wished him the very best in his tenure as head coach with the Senior National Men’s Team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Nakhid blasts TTFA over coaching changes
« Reply #481 on: June 26, 2013, 09:56:41 AM »
When you guys realise that all Lasana writes about is hate or negative stuff then you will see what he is really about.

Never nothing positive and this have nothing to do with Jack.

But nothing is never good with this guy.

All this for hits.

Nakhid sold his soul for peanuts a long time ago.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: June 26, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
When you guys realise that all Lasana writes about is hate or negative stuff then you will see what he is really about.

Never nothing positive and this have nothing to do with Jack.

But nothing is never good with this guy.

All this for hits.

Nakhid sold his soul for peanuts a long time ago.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Coops he didn"t want u 2 coach him in d Shell Squad in 89.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 26, 2013, 11:38:50 AM »
He spend too much time bad talking Gally. Made the rest of his points lose their relevance.

He toating all them yes give it up a coach have a right to select who he wants.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:03:09 AM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker won't return to T&T until coaches are paid; TTFA pats own back
« Reply #485 on: October 06, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »
No Beenhakker and unpaid coaches; but TTFA coos about successes
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Former World Cup 2006 coach and present director of football Leo Beenhakker will not take up active duty with the “Soca Warriors” until all arrears to the Trinidad and Tobago national senior team’s coaching staff are paid.

Sheldon Phillips, the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary, admitted yesterday that the local football body’s financial problems has affected the operations of its director of football, who is a former Real Madrid and Netherlands international coach.

A month ago, when Wired868 initially asked whether Beenhakker had taken a stance on behalf of the local coaches, Phillips said the Dutchman was only absent from the OSN Cup because he had to attend a funeral.

Yesterday, Phillips insisted his previous claim about the funeral was true but he also conceded that there was more to Beenhakker’s absence.

“His position is until the coaches’ arrears situation is sorted, it will be difficult for him philosophically to come join us,” Phillips told Wired868. “A good chunk of those arrears will be taken care of this week but there is still a good bit that we have to work on. It is something we want to take care of sooner rather than later because it affects so many areas.”

On Tuesday 15 October, Trinidad and Tobago will play its seventh friendly and 11th international fixture of 2013 when the “Soca Warriors” host New Zealand from 7.15 pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

The quality of the opponents, more than the quantity of outings, suggests that the Warriors are back in business for the first time since Francisco Maturana said “adios” and the then TTFF became distracted by the political ambitions and subsequent disgraceful exit of former special advisor, Jack Warner.

And, last Thursday, TTFA president Raymond Tim Kee gleefully rubbed his own back for the forward steps at a press conference in the Hasely Crawford Stadium’s VIP Lounge.

“What we have achieved so far is a little more than even I anticipated,” said Tim Kee. “I don’t want to hazard making comparisons… But, on this side, it looks quite good.”

Tim Kee was elected unopposed on 11 November 2012 to replace interim president Lennox Watson who, in turn, had filled the void left by Oliver Camps. (Camps’ resignation was handed in after FIFA opened investigations into his conduct during the Mohamed Bin Hammam bribery scandal that spelt doom for Warner’s career with the global body).

Tim Kee stated his priorities were to conduct an immediate and thorough forensic audit of the TTFF, change the constitution, find corporate sponsors for the Warriors and repair the relationship with the Sport Ministry.

Wired868 asked which of these goals he had completed.

The TTFA president retorted that the audit was too expensive to conduct and he decided to rely instead on whatever investigative work CONCACAF did, the constitution was re-done but not vetted and the body was on the cusp of signing new corporate sponsors.

The glass, according to Tim Kee, was half-full.

Phillips disagreed with the notion that Tim Kee had been too hasty—if not misleading—to declare his first year to be a success without quite accomplishing any of his stated tasks.

“We have had success with several different progresses that we have made,” Phillips told Wired868. “Have we reached a level of success that we are satisfied with? No…

“Your definition of success is different to most people. Success is a series of progresses… It takes time but we are trying our best. We cannot let perfect be the enemy of the good.”

Phillips listed 30 items that he considered TTFA accomplishments, which included the Joma clothing deal, new TTFA logo and rebranding, the hiring of Stephen Hart, an improved relationship with the government and even the Heart of a Warrior foundation.

Tim Kee was especially glowing about the TTFA’s relationship with the Ministry of Sport on Thursday. The football body will now be housed at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, which will save around $40,000 per month in rental fees.

“Our relationship with the Ministry of Sport is overwhelming successful,” said Tim Kee, who is contesting an alderman position for the PNM on the Port of Spain City Corporation.

At the other end of the room sat assistant senior team coach and former “Strike Squad” star Hutson Charles, who has not received a salary in 18 months.

Charles, like the rest of the coaching staff, is still owed match fees and stipends from Trinidad and Tobago’s Gold Cup quarterfinal match against Mexico and the OSN Cup in Saudi Arabia. The players are also owed promised bonuses from the Gold Cup.

National senior team head coach Stephen Hart has previously also shared his discomfort with the Warriors’ present financial situation.

Tim Kee said that the Ministry of Sport had promised to fulfil those debts. So how could he declare the relationship to be excellent when his employees still had not been paid?

The football president bristled at the suggestion that he was responsible for any discomfort experienced by his coaches. He said there was no money when he took over the post and, arguably ungraciously, pointed out that many of the coaches had other sources of income and, in his opinion, were not reliant solely on salaries from their national team duties.

“You have to gauge me on things on which I have control,” said Tim Kee.

Phillips agreed with his president.

“It is not a case of people dragging their feet,” said the TTFA general secretary. “We are addressing the situation that we met while at the same time trying to carry forward the organisation… We are in discussion with the Ministry of Sport to address their arrears in the new fiscal year; the progress is being made.

“Context has to be fair. You have to look at what the situation was before. Once you do that in a reasonable and objective manner, you have to take your hat off for what Raymond was able to do in a short space of time.”

Of course, Tim Kee and Phillips did get the 2006 World Cup bonus scandal out of the High Court. In May, the TTFA agreed a settlement with 13 World Cup players, which halted court proceedings.

The second payment to the players was due last month but the TTFA missed the deadline. There is a clause in the agreement that can send the dispute back to court if the football body does not keep its side of the bargain but both sides continue to operate on good faith, for now.

For all the bravado of Tim Kee and Phillips and although neither would agree, it seems that much of their claims of success depend on the goodwill of the observer.

Tim Kee’s star is certainly on the rise. The local insurance executive was recently appointed to the FIFA Futsal committee and is set to be placed on the Associations committee too.

And the Warriors are also progressing well under Hart’s stewardship.

Tim Kee praised the players and staff for their showing at the OSN Cup, where they finished third in a four-team tournament played in harsh climate and with the usual administrative issues.

“To come back from 3-0 down (against the UAE) showed heart, resilience and guts which I didn’t think this team had (prior to the present set-up),” said Tim Kee.

But has the football president’s own performance matched that of his football teams?

His much vaunted director of football, Beenhakker, is refusing to show up until Tim Kee and Phillips put some hard currency in the bank accounts of the local coaches.

For some people, sweet words and wonderful intentions are not enough.

IOU

(Technical staff members owed by the TTFA over the past two years)

Senior team: Hutson Charles (assistant coach), Derek King (assistant coach), Jamaal Shabazz (former co-head coach), David Muhammad (manager), William Wallace (manager), Peter Rampersad (assistant manager), Dave Isaac (physiotherapist), Jefferson George (goalkeeping coach), Michael Williams (equipment manager), Terrance Babwah (team doctor), Shaun Fuentes (media officer/video/IT analyst).

Under-23 team: Angus Eve (head coach), Derek King (assistant coach), William Wallace (manager), Brian James (goalkeeping coach), Michael Williams (equipment manager), Israel Dowlatt (team doctor), Earl Joseph (physiotherapist).

Under-20 team: Ross Russell (head coach), Reynold Carrington (assistant coach), William Wallace (manager), Devin Elcock (equipment manager), Michael Taylor (physiotherapist).

Under-17 team: Shawn Cooper (head coach), Terrance Marcelle (assistant coach), Leonson Lewis (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeping coach), Christopher Gouveia (manager), Michael Taylor (physiotherapist), Devin Elcock (equipment manager).

TTFA Technical director Anton Corneal.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:46:19 AM by Flex »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker won't return to T&T until coaches are paid; TTFA pats own back
« Reply #486 on: October 07, 2013, 08:21:54 AM »
Laudable yet emabarrasing, ah foreign man hadda stiffen he spine and take ah stand for locals.

ah like how liburd doh softball none ah he question
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline shelly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 07, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »
Laudable yet emabarrasing, ah foreign man hadda stiffen he spine and take ah stand for locals.

ah like how liburd doh softball none ah he question

It is always the case and a issue I have with local coaches and players. They expect foreigners to fight for them because they are scared to say something and then in return they turn around and bad talk the foreigners when all should be working together.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 07, 2013, 09:24:46 AM »
He sucked the life out of our game and even though he no longer rules over our game,its as if he never left
This is the result of one duppy running things,

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 07, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »
Some ppl like to talk,when we say locals don't stand up or talk is unfair to the locals.What's happening is that no one cares what locals say or have no respect for them.

If any of these guys write an article or open their mouths is like they cuss somebody,they are criticise and degraded to the worst,Corneal,Vidale,Gally etc etc well don't talk about my dear friend Shabazz who is always standing up for himself,Coaches and players,this guy can't say anything because he is a Taliban etc

This is something i spoke about some time ago and got in hot water on the site for local Coaches and players hands are tied,they have no support and nothing to stand on,they are at a stage of no sir yes sir they can't bargin for anything what they are given they have to accept.

I find Sancho and his gang since they say they have set a precedent should step into thing like this but no,i'll stop here Thanks Benie.

Offline ANC2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 07, 2013, 01:13:27 PM »
Cooper be careful who you defend, it could turn out to be embarrassing

No pay to many staff. This happening since Jack was in charge, ask Latas, 
Then came Harford & Groden. reported that they got monies from the ministry & paid self first.

Now Tim Kee & Phillips inherit a pit, with a long line waiting to be paid.

Choice: Shut down all international football. File for Bankruptcy
              Tell Jack, UNC, Calder Hart, Ish all of them they will be pardoned if they give 20 million a piece to TTFA.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 07, 2013, 02:17:18 PM »
Cooper be careful who you defend, it could turn out to be embarrassing

No pay to many staff. This happening since Jack was in charge, ask Latas, 
Then came Harford & Groden. reported that they got monies from the ministry & paid self first.

Now Tim Kee & Phillips inherit a pit, with a long line waiting to be paid.

Choice: Shut down all international football. File for Bankruptcy
              Tell Jack, UNC, Calder Hart, Ish all of them they will be pardoned if they give 20 million a piece to TTFA.

When the 06 Warriors wanted their didn't we have those same problems,obstacles and setbacks,why should it be any different now,they found the money,i thought they said they set a precedent.

When will we move on from those dark days, stop looking back at what happened and lets see how things can be made better. 

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 07, 2013, 02:51:07 PM »
Some ppl like to talk,when we say locals don't stand up or talk is unfair to the locals.What's happening is that no one cares what locals say or have no respect for them.

If any of these guys write an article or open their mouths is like they cuss somebody,they are criticise and degraded to the worst,Corneal,Vidale,Gally etc etc well don't talk about my dear friend Shabazz who is always standing up for himself,Coaches and players,this guy can't say anything because he is a Taliban etc

This is something i spoke about some time ago and got in hot water on the site for local Coaches and players hands are tied,they have no support and nothing to stand on,they are at a stage of no sir yes sir they can't bargin for anything what they are given they have to accept.

I find Sancho and his gang since they say they have set a precedent should step into thing like this but no,i'll stop here Thanks Benie.

Good job Mr Coops.

All the time Sancho, Hislop and Kelvin Jack had big mouths, now they get their money and you cant hear them no more. Players Union gone.

Is every man for themselves. This is why Jack called them out.

At Least Sancho trying something with a club in T&T but the others, forget it.

The reason why no one takes on locals is, they are to stagnant, they know it all and they cant orgainse anything properly.

Stephen Hart is born and bread in T&T and gets respected because he can do the above better. And I am sure Dennis Lawrence or Dwight Yorke will get the same respect if they return.

For example, no one will take Jamal Shabazz seriously because he has had his chance and failed. Same can be said for Angus Eve, Michael McComie and Ross Russell.

The TTFF give these guys all the tools to do their job and they failed. Shabazz had the women team for over 10 years and was worthless now Marlon Charles is doing so well with the same support or ever less.

The locals have to prove their worth not sit and reminisce about Jack Warner and Warren Archibald.

Look at Gally Cummings for example, he is still hung up.

Look at Angus Eve walking in the same footsteps and he was given a chance, 3 years with the T&T youth team and was given all the games to prepare and nothing to show just hate.

The local guys get to personal and take things to personal.

A couple years ago Joe Public and to a lesser extent W Connection did so well at the CCL level, now Caledonia is the whipping boys for 2 years running yet Shabazz is saying the T&T league is poor and we have to play catch up.

The locals love to dictate, for example, Shabazz will forever be Caledonia coach don't matter what happen. Stuart Charles also, how is that?

You cannot have the same people there and expect different.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:59:57 PM by Jack Horner »
Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 23, 2013, 04:53:56 PM »
Pay them. zzz

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 24, 2013, 02:32:19 AM »
With what? The problem is that Jack Warner's corruption rotted the internal institutions that made all the normal day-to-day functionings go smoothly (ish). His theft has left the FA bankrupt, and worse is taht the interest just keeps accumulating while they're expected to fulfil Trinidad and Tobago's international obligations, never mind the domestic ones.

Really it can only be solved with a massive government cash injection to clear the current debts and start rebuilding its reputation - that's not to say that should happen. They need to dismantle it and erect the right guidelines and institutions to prevent any one individuals from sinking the ship. The executive should be absolutely separated from the finances - no free cheques. Financial spending should be procedural with tight-accounts - any office admin with a decade of experience could fulfil this role especially with supervisory oversight. There should be consistent money flows on both sides - government funding should be consistent and committed, sponsors should be found to supplement and eventually overtake the input. Clubs and players should also pay small dues to the FA in order to have a secure section of the budget to cover the essentials. Coaches shouldn't be paid more than can be afforded - Hart is good but I imagine he costs more than local alternatives would. Given the money situation we shouldn't have foreign managing directors or directors of football - there's a complete lack of realism in their employment.

Without financial security there's no future for the FA - youth teams not being able to attend sports events is the tip of the ice berg - everyone remember the national team in Africa (can't remember which one for the life of me) that basically went on strike because their FA wasn't paying them what they'd promised? To be honest the Centre of Excellence should be legally seized from Jack Warner pending corruption charges - it's incredulous that the infrastructure is not owned by the FA itself. Once the debts are cleared the FA need to have the investments to secure its own future - possibly negotiating the ownership of a key footballing stadium for personal use (rather than renting off the government) in cup finals and key matches in order to have some supplementary income.

Part of the problem is a lack of coordination between hte players as well - there should be a fully incorporated and self-sustaining (through player dues) Trinibagonian Players (and maybe staff) Association in order to fight the players' rights. Being able to maintain a single lawyer would be a massive improvement to the welfare of the players, with a legal threat against clubs and the national team when payments aren't due - often players are left the last people to receive payment in the event of bankruptcy abroad. 

Thoughts?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #495 on: October 26, 2013, 03:57:31 PM »
People does blame Jack but who tell the TTFA to tolerate him and sit there silently.

Anil Roberts try a Jack with Buxo Potts in the TTBBC.

Immediately some members of the executive questioned the compromising nature of Potts as "Special Adivsor."

Not surprisingly they were fired on charges yet to be proved.
But at least they had the balls to show some self respect.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 27, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »
People does blame Jack but who tell the TTFA to tolerate him and sit there silently.

Anil Roberts try a Jack with Buxo Potts in the TTBBC.

Immediately some members of the executive questioned the compromising nature of Potts as "Special Adivsor."

Not surprisingly they were fired on charges yet to be proved.
But at least they had the balls to show some self respect.

VB

D fellas is in Jack TTFF like COP them wanted 2 eat ah food.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 04:48:00 PM by weary1969 »

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFA claims mystery sponsor; admits Beenhakker will return on one condition
« Reply #497 on: February 13, 2014, 07:06:29 PM »
TTFA coos about mystery sponsor; vows to attack debts
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips claimed today that the local football body is just days away from the first major corporate sponsorship deal under current president Raymond Tim Kee.

Phillips declined to name the mystery corporate partner but said the TTFA is excited about the prospective deal and what it could mean for the local game.

“We are getting ready to announce a new corporate sponsorship in a couple days,” Phillips told Wired868. “I won’t give a figure but it will be beyond a million dollars… It will be a major announcement and our first major signing.

“I think once you get the first one out of the way, other companies will begin to be more comfortable and acknowledge that football on a national team level is back on the right track. We think it will be a good harbinger.”

The first beneficiaries are likely to be the top four clubs at the 2013 TTFA FA Trophy competition. DIRECTV W Connection is due $50,000 for winning the knock out title last December while runner-up Central FC is owed $30,000 and North East Stars and Malabar were promised $10,000 each for finishing joint third.

“Their investment will include the FA Trophy,” said Phillips. “It will be a sponsorship that would cover a number of TTFA contracts with the FA being one. We are just waiting to sign the contract.”

Phillips suggested that the impending corporate deal should also help to deal with some other pressing business such as unpaid money due to 13 World Cup 2006 players, former national head coach Russell Latapy and present senior team and youth team coaches.

The former World Cup players threatened to take the TTFA back to court for failure to meet its second payment to the “Soca Warriors”, which was due since September 2013, while the football body has promised to begin satisfying its debt to Latapy by the middle of this year.

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior team coaches as well as technical director Anton Corneal are also owed roughly half of promised salaries over the last two years while youth coaches have not received stipends at all.

Trinidad and Tobago director of football and former 2006 World Cup coach Leo Beenhakker told the TTFA last August that he will not return to his post until the football body satisfies all debts to its coaching staff.

The TTFA tried to woo Beenhakker back after paying half its arrears to coaches in January. But the former Real Madrid and Netherlands international coach was unmoved.

“His condition is clean sheets (for all coaches),” Phillips admitted. “That is a position we have supported (too), we want to ensure the coaches are taken care of… We are in contact with Leo about the progress of the programmes.

“He will not come until the coaches are taken care of and the sooner the better so we will be able to benefit from Leo’s experience.”

The TTFA general secretary claimed that money will not be used directly from the new corporate deal to meet the body’s debts but, instead, it should free up funds from other areas.

“Their investment is going to be for the future but it helps free up funds,” said Phillips. “Some of the revenue streams that were used to support these programs can (now) be used to meet past debts. This is something that Raymond (Tim Kee) has been working on and the Ministry of Sport and the Sportt Company have been tremendous in helping us whittle down coaching arrears.

“I think the addition of these corporate sponsors will further enable us to use some of these resources.”

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 04:35:04 AM by Flex »

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TTFA claims mystery sponsor; admits Beenhakker will return on one condition
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Good to hear.  Hope the money is spent wisely.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2014, 02:51:12 PM »
Not to be overly-critical, but shouldn't he have waited until the ink was dry before announcing this?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2014, 07:45:16 PM »
Dear Beenie,

I can't say enough how grateful we are for your intervention to use your unique leverage to force these historically wotless exploitative TTFA administrators to do the right thing and pay people for the services rendered. If it weren't for you, seriously, it would be NO money for Shabazz, no money for Barber, none fuh King (no pun intended), none for Under 20, male & female team, none fuh under 17 male and female coaches, trainer, physiotherapist, driver, bottle washer .... and guess what ? .... there would be some far-from-the-mainstream kaka-hole, subscribing to the Horner mantra & looking to post: "why allyuh do leave it alone nah. Iz donkey years it so, stop agitating, tell Sancho to shut he ass and siddung". From what I can see of your PRINCIPLES Bennie, you seem to be a great fellah (even though ah hear yuh does let fly mucho f-bombs in trainin'). Yuh have Uncle Tim scamperin' to find money and that is a beautiful thing. Yuh say yuh want Sancho and posse paid in full. That is a beautiful thing. Yuh in effect telling those who wish to support the Jackula way of doing things to "shut up or run for the hills b4 I arrive". Lovely. Never thought I'd see the day so soon. Thank God for the removal of Jackula and the gin and tonic, scotch and coconut water & brown envelope posse. Never again must we go there and never must we take our eyes off Uncle Tim & friends. Keep them honest. Cyah wait to see you Beenie back HOME in the next few months.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 09:00:44 AM by dreamer »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 14, 2014, 11:02:04 PM »
Sculduddery....skulduggery!!!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 15, 2014, 03:16:40 AM »
Good news and I am glad, but one million or even two isn't that much, but its a start.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 24, 2014, 12:56:09 PM »
Not to be overly-critical, but shouldn't he have waited until the ink was dry before announcing this?

That would be a normal business practice.

This just sounds like an attempt to fend off creditors.

I really hope this is true because it should do a lot of good for football in T&T if it comes to pass and is put to proper use.

But I also used to hope Santa would bring me presents too.

February 13, 2014, 07:06:29 PM
Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) general secretary Sheldon Phillips claimed today that the local football body is just days away from the first major corporate sponsorship deal under current president Raymond Tim Kee.

Phillips declined to name the mystery corporate partner but said the TTFA is excited about the prospective deal and what it could mean for the local game.

“We are getting ready to announce a new corporate sponsorship in a couple days,” Phillips told Wired868. “I won’t give a figure but it will be beyond a million dollars… It will be a major announcement and our first major signing.

Couple days eh?

Day 11 and counting.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 02:29:54 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 24, 2014, 02:32:31 PM »
Somewhat off topic, but I read an article yesterday about Real Madrid's 26 game unbeaten run. They interviewed Beenhakker because his 89 team holds the record at 34 unbeaten games.

What was interesting is that they described Beenhakker as the current Director of Football of Trinidad and Tobago.

Here is the link to the story:
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1726297/leo-beenhakker-praises-carlo-ancelotti-work-real-madrid?cc=5901

The current Trinidad and Tobago director of football said he is especially impressed with Ancelotti’s man-management and ability to keep a squad full of big names happy even when all of them cannot play at once.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 24, 2014, 02:35:52 PM »
Don't forget that literally everything stops in T&T for carnival. This is the busiest time for major brands and their promotions will take priority over TTFA. Carnival vs Football? No contest.
That said, I agree with Tiresais. But I guess there had to be an attempt to relieve the pressure, so it's understandable. Trouble is, the pressure will soon be back!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 24, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
I want to explain my post above.

It's purpose is NOT in any shape, means, or form to "fight down" or denigrate the hard work that Sheldon Phillips and the "new" TTFA have put in.

I can't speak for anyone else....but THIS T&T football fan has been lied to and fed a pack of BS over the years and I treat these kind of press releases with a healthy dose of cynicism.  It is a reflex against being conned yet again by the football powers that be.

I see encouraging signs for T&T football and am beginning again to emotionally invest in it...even though that emotional investment never really goes away.  But you bounce yuh head against that wall enough times and one day you realize de wall not getting any softer.   :banginghead:

Things have been looking up recently and I want to believe....but things like this announcement make me skeptical...even in the face of all the friendly's etc being announced.

To the TTFA administration.  You're slowly earning the TRUST again of a skeptical but LOYAL fan base.  Please do not f**k it up with dotishness because if you do....you'll cause more harm than good.

Best of luck and I really do hope this sponsorship deal does come through.  That it's legitimate.  That the funds are used to help pay salaries and payments owed as well as go towards the development of the sport in T&T

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 24, 2014, 03:02:12 PM »
People are acting as though the TTFA hired a banner plane or put up neon signs boasting about a new corporate sponsor.  We don't know the context of the statement and the article does not help explain it.  For all we know the comment was made in response to a specific question... and Lasana then took that comment and sensationalized the issue.  A more impartial media outlet would not have worded the statement as a "claim", but rather as an announcement... or maybe it was not an announcement after all, partially answering the question of whether they should have waited to mention it.

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 24, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »
I want to explain my post above.

It's purpose is NOT in any shape, means, or form to "fight down" or denigrate the hard work that Sheldon Phillips and the "new" TTFA have put in.

I can't speak for anyone else....but THIS T&T football fan has been lied to and fed a pack of BS over the years and I treat these kind of press releases with a healthy dose of cynicism.  It is a reflex against being conned yet again by the football powers that be.

I see encouraging signs for T&T football and am beginning again to emotionally invest in it...even though that emotional investment never really goes away.  But you bounce yuh head against that wall enough times and one day you realize de wall not getting any softer.   :banginghead:

Things have been looking up recently and I want to believe....but things like this announcement make me skeptical...even in the face of all the friendly's etc being announced.

To the TTFA administration.  You're slowly earning the TRUST again of a skeptical but LOYAL fan base.  Please do not f**k it up with dotishness because if you do....you'll cause more harm than good.

Best of luck and I really do hope this sponsorship deal does come through.  That it's legitimate.  That the funds are used to help pay salaries and payments owed as well as go towards the development of the sport in T&T

Nice post. Never heard Palos express himself this way. Very mainstream sentiment that speaks on behalf of many genuine fans who really care and are actually afraid to care. Can feel the sincerity in your expression. Again, very touching. Respec'. I believe Sheldon can influence Uncle Tim to care and act.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 24, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
People are acting as though the TTFA hired a banner plane or put up neon signs boasting about a new corporate sponsor.  We don't know the context of the statement and the article does not help explain it.  For all we know the comment was made in response to a specific question... and Lasana then took that comment and sensationalized the issue.  A more impartial media outlet would not have worded the statement as a "claim", but rather as an announcement... or maybe it was not an announcement after all, partially answering the question of whether they should have waited to mention it.

As I read the article, it was not an announcement; Phillips was clear that he was getting ready to announce it. Lasana termed it as "claimed" because he received no confirmation of the sponsor or the amount, therefore, there were no facts to report, just claims!

It's not a banner announcement, but it's news, and Lasana's job is to report news. If the deal was not secured, a simple no comment could have been offered. But Sheldon made many specific statements, so it's understandable that the timescale was also viewed as a definite.

As I have said before, sponsors aren't going to adhere to any timescale over carnival. I just think Sheldon was excited about a lucrative sponsorship (and rightly so) and perhaps mis judged the pace of business in T&T (especially during carnival)

1]; } ?>